• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I was talking about the VG with the alu base & wooden top. Definitely not the bats since they would get too hot in any case.

Doniv, why not get a sherlock gong and use that mod that was posted earlier in the thread with your friends and get a handcarved VG? It has that old pipe look that is one of the things i like most about the genie.

And the favorite of some here who own several VGs, is the bronze one. I think it's worth a look too.

vorrange,
Reactions: doniv

doniv

I think what I'm trying to ask is this - at $45, is the old aluminium base VG even worth spending the money on, or should I just plonk $90 for the bronze one?

doniv,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think what I'm trying to ask is this - at $45, is the old aluminium base VG even worth spending the money on, or should I just plonk $90 for the bronze one?

I don't own either, but IMO, if you have the funds you will be much more satisfied with the bronze one.

vorrange,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got my 2x extra 14/18 pipesdaddy.com expanders (for the glass VG gong) and they are all pretty close to being the same size. :tup:

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So tonight I decided to give the Coil another shot becasues I find it insulting that I can't get a viable vape to work. I determined that the flame tip needs to go too far into the pipe for me to comofortably use it. I would probably dig it on the Ion since I can look right down into the pipe. I'll try that another time.

I then went on a genie fest and hit the original and then the glass...what a blast. When you know how to hit these things, they are to this day the hardest hitting portables I've ever used, including the Solo. I may just take the original to the theme park because I can get a good three hits in less than a minute and be ready to go.

But the glass tastes so good! I'll tell you, side by side, there is no comparison. It's not that the wood tastes bad, but you just don't taste the herb at all. Whereas with the glass, all you taste is herb. Good stuff.

Get a genie and enjoy! To this day still the best bang for your buck.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FWIW, I could never hit it very well until I mated it with a bub.

Good luck and godspeed.

:peace:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have not been trying to use the coil dry, only on glass. I am quite impressed with VG and do think that I needed to go through the vaping process I went through, so I could fully appreciate this vape. It does hit hard, and I get giant clouds. I'm looking forward to trying the handcarved, straight bowl/walnut

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
confirmed...this thing (coil) rocks with a bubbler and you'd have to be a fuckin jedi to hit it native. and it gets too hot to throw back in the pocket like the I can with the original. For me, this goes into the category of travel vape, but I'd want a bubbler on the other end. I seem to be overcooking at the moment, so I need to pull back a little. It does drop nicely into the bubbler, though.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found it pairs well with the $40 bub, because of the small chamber, and great size for travel. It does put the coil closer to you, but you can swing the mouthpiece sideways a bit and angle it away from your face. Glad you are getting results sticks :D it took me a few tries to stop scorching my load. I just back off as soon as I see vapor start. I like that the VG is stimulating my thinking process again. I was getting soft there for a bit using so many easy, instant gratification vapes... :ko:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Stu

SD_haze

With the COIL:
Has anyone ever had the functionality affected following a cleaning (or putting it back together piece by piece)

A few months ago I took the coil apart, cleaned it, and put it back together. Ever since then I can't get it to work very well. Especially with my cloud-brain, but I'm okay with that :p

(Thinking it has something to do with the adjustable nature of the black flame filter)

SD_haze,

doniv

So I took the plunge with my first vape. It's the old style aluminium base VG with a teak top for $45 on sale. Figured that once I got the hang of this, I could just give it away and get the bronze one later (out of stock now) if the VG fits my lifestyle. Or maybe the Cera mini will be out by then :brow:

doniv,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
where did you find it for $45? That sounds like a good plan, or maybe you can keep the first one to use with people who may not use it correctly at first... ;)

jambandphan03,
Reactions: doniv

u bwade wunner

With the COIL:​
Has anyone ever had the functionality affected following a cleaning (or putting it back together piece by piece)​
A few months ago I took the coil apart, cleaned it, and put it back together. Ever since then I can't get it to work very well. Especially with my cloud-brain, but I'm okay with that :p
(Thinking it has something to do with the adjustable nature of the black flame filter)

SDHaze I think you are on the money:)

coil assembly and usage will both effect performance

I think it will be hard to get a general consensus on coil usage,so many enjoyable ways but here's a take on it and hopefully some help for you along the way in getting your e coil functional again.

I bought mine without instructions and found the coil PDF pretty helpful the first few times I took it apart.especially the first time i took it apart.Holy Jeez...so many pieces.:uhoh:

Anyway "the element" the little piece of lava rock or silica carbide,.You can screw that SS section containing it in and out of the coil to adjust the distance of the element to your e herb.creating the right distance between the element and the herb is important as is draw speed and consistent temperature of the element.

I like to leave a gap between the element and the herb,because it allows a buffer of air,just in case the element gets too hot, is in contact with your e herb and fires it up.

I did'nt quite gauge in your'e post what the issue with your'e coil was,but maybe no vapor?.I think either temperature or distance of the element to your'e herb is the issue after reassembly.I just pack herb in loose or a rough grind but i d'ont overpack.

hitting the coil direct draw with hot devil pocket torch

I keep the lighter/jet torch running as I hit the coil with a slow steady draw moving the flame closer or further away from the element to raise temperature slowly and if i need too pull the torch and pull in ambient room air to lower temperature.Its a lot like the Hi on direct draw using Moms Marshmallow method.its easy enough to get it down after a few attempts.

SD_haze

That i think is where youre issue is if I m guessing right:lol: .I like to leave a gap between the element and the herb,because it allows a buffer of air,just in case the element gets too hot, is in contact with your e herb and fires it up.

I did'nt quite gauge in your'e post what the issue with your'e coil was,but maybe no vapor?.I think either temperature or distance of the element to your'e herb is the issue after reassembly.I just pack herb in loose or a rough grind but i d'ont overpack.

hitting the coil direct draw with hot devil pocket torch

I keep the lighter/jet torch running as I hit the coil with a slow steady draw moving the flame closer or further away from the element to raise temperature slowly and if i need too pull the torch and pull in ambient room air to lower temperature.Its a lot like the Hi on direct draw using Moms Marshmallow method.its easy enough to get it down after a few attempts.
I was screwing my element in fairly close to the herb, and having problems getting vapor.

Didn't make sense at first, closer heat should be better.
After your post though, I think that was the problem. Needs to be screwed in more(farther away) and just heated a little more.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I agree, on the glass model, you can see there is a gap for the heat to build up over the herb. I think otherwise, it just gets too hot too fast. I like to make sure the bowl part is twisted down as far as it will go towards the mouthpiece (on the coil).

u bwade wunner

looking at mine now, the gap I spoke of is minimal but enough. ive screwed the element right down in there.
Imo its more about getting consistent heat and not overheating the element .floating the torch/drawing in cooler air is the way to go.maybe a hotter torch may help.I found though my dab/kitchen torch a little too hot.the hot devil works perfect.especially with the right angled head.I think once I got direct draw sorted,it made using the coil with glass easier.:tup:

u bwade wunner,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just got my vector Volt torch, it's working pretty good so far, feels nice in the hand. I don't know what kind of run time per fill I will get, but I am happy with it so far.
Yeah I do think the stone heating properly is the key to getting good vapor. I like to use glass or a clear hose on the end, so I can see vapor, and have more distance from the hot part of the Coil. I would like to fashion a wood mouthpiece for the coil, it feels a little incomplete to me, and that center coil gets hot fast.

** handcarved VG is one stop away from reaching our p.o. , so it should be here in the next day or so :D

u bwade wunner

I would like to fashion a wood mouthpiece for the coil, it feels a little incomplete to me, and that center coil gets hot fast.
How good would that be! .Right up to the taper of that larger bowl section.
I just got my vector Volt torch, it's working pretty good so far, feels nice in the hand. I don't know what kind of run time per fill I will get, but I am happy with it so far.
I picked up a leather case for mine for on the go.I love this vape.It definitely feels like I m having a toke again.I guess its the form and function but the taste is there too.it hits hard

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I love this vape.It definitely feel like I m having a toke again.I guess its the form and function but the taste too I guess.it hits hard

Yeah, this is what drew me in so fast... it was like old times again. I was being hypnotized by all the flashy led lights and powered devices, I forgot how much I enjoyed simple flame. I could do with out the fuel taste/head some times, but it's not a deal breaker.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Red Indy

placetime

I use the coil successfully with and without a bubbler. I haven't tried a torch lighter, but have had good luck with a yellow-flame lighter. Maybe it's easier with a non-torch lighter?

One problem I've seen with the coil, though, is that if I screw the two main parts together too far, a small gap is created on the outside surface of the coil, air leaks in from the side, and it doesn't work nearly as well. In that situation, just unscrewing it a bit helps *a lot*. It's hard to see the gap when it happens, but if I look closely I can see it happen.

Another problem, as noted by others, is that a yellow-flame lighter leaves soot on the coil. Not a deal-breaker for me, but might be for others. :2c:

:peace:

Top Bottom