VaporGenie

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I can only really hit my VG with a bic, just works so well. I tried a pipe lighter and hemp wick, but with the bic I have much better success.

Ive been using my VG a lot latley, and ive also noticed how hard of a bitter it can be. Like, wow, does this thing hit hard. I'd honestly say I can get a bigger hit and better taste out of it than any of my other vapes. The first hit is all great taste, the second hit is taste with a kick, then the third hit is just ridiculous in size. Then I stir and leave it for a second session later.

Hook that cap up to a bong!

stickstones,
Reactions: fake name

fake name

Hook that cap up to a bong!

I have a hand carve model, so do I need an adapter?

Either way, thanks for the suggestion! I really am falling in love with this thing all over again. I just tried a little bubble hash in it for the first time mixed with some weed, it was the tastiest hit I've ever had. I'm sure through water would take it to the next leve.l

fake name,
Thanks for the opinions everyone! The bronze Sherlock pretty much has my name on it at some point--you can bet I'll post a review in this thread once I manage to obtain one of these awesome pieces. Too bad it's a little too late to have one in hand before the "apocalypse" :)

Anyone happen to have experience with the VG branded lighter? I know it's essentially a lotus lighter, but I was hoping to find out if the butane reservoir was pretty big. Mr. Hobbit and I use a lotus dual flame lighter (torch/soft flame) but the Mr. finds himself having to refill it just about everyday which annoys him hehe :p

brown_hobbit,

Pcpvapors

The only advantage I can think of with the lighter is not burning your finger, as well we the electronic ignition. I may be switching to a wind proof zippo but I'm undecided because we all know how zippos taste

Pcpvapors,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have a hand carve model, so do I need an adapter?

Either way, thanks for the suggestion! I really am falling in love with this thing all over again. I just tried a little bubble hash in it for the first time mixed with some weed, it was the tastiest hit I've ever had. I'm sure through water would take it to the next leve.l

I went to a head shop and got a brass bowl with threads that fit the VG top. This bowl threaded into a SS downstem. I then put that in my acrylic bong with ice. It's funny how lame this rig sounds compared to the pristine shit I am vaping with now, but that one night will still be remembered as some of the best vapor I've ever had.

stickstones,
Reactions: fake name

Pcpvapors

I went to a head shop and got a brass bowl with threads that fit the VG top. This bowl threaded into a SS downstem. I then put that in my acrylic bong with ice. It's funny how lame this rig sounds compared to the pristine shit I am vaping with now, but that one night will still be remembered as some of the best vapor I've ever had.

Man if I could rig my glass top into a downstem......

Pcpvapors,

OF

Has anybody tried the new brass model? I'm very curious about it...

Actually that would be Bronze, right? Big difference.

I've got one coming, not that I need another VG of course, but it looked like lots of fun. I expect it shortly, I'll be posting about it here if there's anything worth passing on (which I'm sure there will be....).

OF

OF

I did mean bronze, yes.
I'm curious about your reports guys!
enjoy the last days of 2012 ;)

I just got shipping notice, it's left VA on it's way to it's new home. With luck I might even have it in time for New Years?

OF

OF,

OF

I just got shipping notice, it's left VA on it's way to it's new home. With luck I might even have it in time for New Years?

So the post man just brought my new VG. My first reaction is 'Wow!'. This guy is very cool. The bronze is a great color (IMO) and will no doubt age to even better. It sits well in the hand and is very stable on the table (the base if full width). It has a very nice 'heft' to it (7 ounces) and all the edges are nicely rounded but still well defined. Just the ticket for a leisurely session I think, I can see it becoming a favorite.

Unfortunately I have to run off to do a couple errands so testing will have to wait until later. Given the mass, metal nature and long vapor path I expect it to be even nicer than my other VGs. It's near perfect for a clear view to help aim the lighter, a problem I sometimes have with VG.

OF

caseball2051

So the post man just brought my new VG. My first reaction is 'Wow!'. This guy is very cool. The bronze is a great color (IMO) and will no doubt age to even better. It sits well in the hand and is very stable on the table (the base if full width). It has a very nice 'heft' to it (7 ounces) and all the edges are nicely rounded but still well defined. Just the ticket for a leisurely session I think, I can see it becoming a favorite.

Unfortunately I have to run off to do a couple errands so testing will have to wait until later. Given the mass, metal nature and long vapor path I expect it to be even nicer than my other VGs. It's near perfect for a clear view to help aim the lighter, a problem I sometimes have with VG.

OF

youll love it.

used correctly its very effecient and very hard hitting.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been VG-less since I left my coil in S. America, and I've been meaning to remedy that. I think this bronze model may well do the trick!:tup:

@OF - Where did you get yours from? Any discount codes I should know about? It seems puffitup doesn't have them yet. :(
:peace:

Stu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This brass one looks like it uses the same top as the original...am I correct? I would love to buy just the bottom if I am right.

stickstones,
Reactions: OF

caseball2051

i hear that sticksandstones. i never saw that option on the site, but if you are able to purchase a bottom please post back.

caseball2051,

OF

I've been VG-less since I left my coil in S. America, and I've been meaning to remedy that. I think this bronze model may well do the trick!:tup:

@OF - Where did you get yours from? Any discount codes I should know about? It seems puffitup doesn't have them yet. :(

It's spiffy for sure, I got it from VG directly, only place I saw it (yet?). Sorry don't know any codes.

This brass one looks like it uses the same top as the original...am I correct? I would love to buy just the bottom if I am right.

I don't have an original, but it's the same as my hand carved. I think they're all the same size, a dime won't quite fit into the lower threaded part.

BTW, it's bronze, not brass. IMO a much nicer metal, it's going to look great when it gets some patina built up I bet.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
On the VG website it states:

The bronze sherlock will fit any VG tops. We think it looks best with one of the natural waxed wood tops. Pick any top you like.

Stu,

Spacenstein

Does anyone know if you can remove the matallic patina and be left with a clean copper color? is the bowl any deeper than standard bowls?? how long is the pipe from their furthest ends? heavier than aluminum pipe (and which version of the bottom)?

Spacenstein,

OF

You can polish it just fine (Navy guys make a career of this....) but if you don't wax or otherwise protect the surface and touch it, it's going to change. I comes polished and squeaky clean, but touching it changes that. Same bowl shape, it's basically the same length as the standard one, is much heavier than Al (I already said how heavy) and the last bit (about bottom) I don't follow.

OF

Spacenstein

Thanks OF! sorry im just anxious to get one of these haha.. VG changed the aluminum pipe bottom recently to be smaller but heavier.. afaik.. but 7 ozs? that thing is classy! So when you polish it, it turns into a copper color.. not red or green or w/e.. i'd prefer it more like that

Spacenstein,

Jeff-K

Hi all,

first time poster, read the thread from page 70 to here.

I have my handcarved straight walnut VG for a month or 2 and have been enjoying it after fidling with finding the right technique for a week or 2. I bought a "piezo-electric refillable butane yellow flame"-lighter for it when I got it. And, although I am perfectly able to predict the color of my ABV from the heat and taste of the vapor, it still felt like a PITA to get those good hits every single time. Also, not beeing able to use it with the slightest wind was a big minus to me.

Now since reading up on this thread I gave the torch lighter a go.

http://www.dutch-headshop.com/images/products/lrg/G_hyper-torch_17448-3-1.jpg
(Thats the on I'm using)

The first try I had it set way to high and I burned the bowl pretty instantly. Even tho I kept the second, lighter blue flame away from the bowl for a good finger. dumped the burned ABV and reloaded. put the lighter almost at it's lowest setting and... score! I still keep the tip from entering the bowl. And I don't have to worry as much about the inhaling speed. I just use a regular draw and keep an eye on the temp to know when to stop lighting.

I think it's verry easy to feel and taste if you're doing it right. circling your flame makes sence all of a sudden. It's verry controlable and has a much higher consistancy. with just a little shaking inbetween hits I get ABV that has the same brown collor all over. I haven't tryed it outdoors. but it's obvious it will be much less of a PITA to do it outdoors where I totally gave up on trying that with the regular lighter.

All in all, I came to FC to read up on electric portables, PAX, inhalater,... to have something portable for on the go. Where the VG almost never left the house because of the outdoor problem and , well I wasn't enjoying it as much as I'd liked. Now I'm not so shure I want one of those electric ones. (Well I do, but it isn't necessary anymore;))

I might get a VG coil for the added portability, easy cleaning and option to use it with glass. And seeing it's the same technology as the regular VGs it can not be a bad buy for €35 delivered!

I'll probably will get the inhalater XP (or similar) at one time, when I have €250 in extra cash layin around. But at the time I'm (even more) happy with my VG!

Of topic: I'm combustion free for 3 months now, was smoking one and a half packs of tabacco a week. Now it's my VG and e-cig (iHybrid) that get me trough the day without that dirty smoke. I love it!

Cheers

Top Bottom