VaporGenie

stickstones

Vapor concierge
man...fuck all you guys who love your coil! I still haven't gotten a good hit off it. I can't believe how poorly my classic VG technique is when used with the coil. Last time I tried it was on my bubbler and didn't get much better. I'm just too lazy, I guess...I've only tried it about four times.

I moved the stone when I got it and maybe that is what is wrong. Where is the stone in your units?

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
man...fuck all you guys who love your coil! I still haven't gotten a good hit off it. I can't believe how poorly my classic VG technique is when used with the coil. Last time I tried it was on my bubbler and didn't get much better. I'm just too lazy, I guess...I've only tried it about four times.

I moved the stone when I got it and maybe that is what is wrong. Where is the stone in your units?
Mine's inside. I suggest that you should put yours there, too. :lol:

Seriously though, I haven't moved it from it's original spot, and I would be afraid to tbh.
:peace:

Stu,

OF

I just measured mine, it's right at one inch in, from the mouth to the top surface.

I've had a to bits a time or two, but I think that's where it was when new and it does work OK. I too like other models better for whatever reason.

OF

OF,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thought I'd throw this information up here (just for interest's sake ... charliedontsurf mentioned I should post it here):

The Glass Vapor Genie products are manufactured by Guy Thomas in Vancouver, BC, Canada at HI Guy Glass ... they were his design originally (based on the original VG), and now VG gets them made by him.

SD_haze

Hey there,
what's ultimately better: the coil or the classic one?
Btw, I only have access to the classic colored vapor genie (http://www.ebay.de/itm/VaporGenie-die-Vaporizer-Pfeife-NEU-Turkis-Blitzversand-Vapor-Genie-/221041966954?pt=Inhaliergeräte&hash=item337720bf6a). Should I still get this? Anything to consider?
The general consensus you'll get is that the coil is #1 for price, transporting on an airplane, and using with a bong or water pipe.

A lot of people find the other vaporgenies (like the classic) easier to use DRY (no bong).

Even with shipping from america-->europe, the vaporgenie coil should still be cheaper direct from vaporgenie.com. You also get a nifty psychedelic genie sticker if you're ordering from VG direct :D

_v_

I used to have one of these in the aqua color and I don't know if I was not doing it right, but I definitely had to use more herb to feel anything.

Edit: Also, the paint chipped within a few days and was extremely sticky. I had dryer sheets around my genie and pot and it got stuck all over.

_v_,
The general consensus you'll get is that the coil is #1 for price, transporting on an airplane, and using with a bong or water pipe.

A lot of people find the other vaporgenies (like the classic) easier to use DRY (no bong).

Even with shipping from america-->europe, the vaporgenie coil should still be cheaper direct from vaporgenie.com. You also get a nifty psychedelic genie sticker if you're ordering from VG direct :D
Thanks. I think I'm gonna get the classic one then.
I take it there aren't any materials used that would harm my health? (on that ebay page I read about stuff like bee wax?)
Is it easy to clean? If I don't buy it directly from vaporgenie.com, will I still have guarantee on it?

SteveStevenson,

OpalinDays

I found that there are a few parameters that have to be right for the VG coil to work well:
  • Heat has to be consistently applied (I think this is the most critical part, and also the most delicate when vaping outside)
  • The herb has to cover the entire bottom surface of the bowl, even when horizontal
  • The part containing the ceramic filter has to be close enough to the herbs (I screw mine into the bowl, as far as possible. This seems to give me the biggest clouds, and it prevents the herb from falling in the side of the bowl when horizontal)
  • I use the long, slow LB draw with my coil, sometimes breathing in from my nose a bit to make the hit last longer.

djonkoman

I live in the netherlands and ordered mine from vaporgenie.com, I didn't like the look of the classic so much, and ordering the handcarved from the US cost me the same, or maybe even less, than ordering the classic locally. (but at that time the exchange rate dollar/euro was also good for me)
later a friend of me got a classic, so I've used the classic a few times too.
if you order directly from vaporgenie you also get some things like some extra screens etc(I also got pipeceaners but can't remember if I ordered them or got them with the order)

djonkoman,
Guys, I have to decide.
Should I order a handcarved or a classic one?
Could someone list the pro's and con's?
I'd only get the more "pipier" one, because it'd be stealthier and ... well looks more like a pipe.

SteveStevenson,

Vap974

I've tried the classic and i 've the handcarved, the ss coil and the glass bat.
The handcarved in my opinion is stealthier than the classic but both make a good vapor.
Tha ss coil isn't pleasant to use as a pipe but it's very good with a bong.Furthemore you can disassemble
the coil in small parts, and nobody would believe that is a vapor device.
The glass bat isn't the steathier but the taste is wonderful.
When i'm at home and i want a speed-quality-vape, i take the glass bat ( if i have the time i take my DBV:rockon:
Outside i take the handcarved, and for fun i take the ss coil with my bong or if i have to travel:ninja: .
If i were you i 'd buy the ss coil and the spiral handcarved (walnut or teak):evil: .

Vap974,
Reactions: OF

djonkoman

except for how it looks, the bowl of the hndcarved is bigger. I had read that before I got mine but thought it was a small difference, but when I saw that classic of my friend the bowl was smaller as I had expected.
and the habdcarved is a bit longer, so the vapor should be cooled down a little more, but I think that difference is small

djonkoman,

ThCombustion

Hey guys, I just cleaned my glass VG for the first time. I thought I'd show anyone interested what I got out of it. Here's a pic.

2012-08-04_075152.jpg

ThCombustion,
I just got my Genie and I'm wondering if I could use tobacco a few times before starting with the real stuff?
Just to learn how to handle it properly.

SteveStevenson,

Poochka

I just got my Genie and I'm wondering if I could use tobacco a few times before starting with the real stuff?
Just to learn how to handle it properly.

i'd say no. if you don't use enough heat (or too little) no biggies. the herb doesn't get wasted either way. tobacco will stunt your growth

Poochka,
i'd say no. if you don't use enough heat (or too little) no biggies. the herb doesn't get wasted either way. tobacco will stunt your growth
I'm almost 2m and grown up. ;)
The thing is, I don't have any herbs here and it would be just to try it out with a friend.
Still no? I'm mainly interested in any "damage" this might do to the pipe.

SteveStevenson,

OF

The thing is, I don't have any herbs here and it would be just to try it out with a friend.

Yeah, but it's still got nicotine in it.....I'd use mint or some herbal first I think.

Another point is most tobacco is spiked with all manner of stuff, some of it to keep it moist and we don't want moist (it robs the heat we need to vaporize). Before you can vape it you'll have to hit it until you're blue in the face drying it out. "Dry and fine" are the watchwords for vaping herb, exactly the opposite for tobacco that will be combusted.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Poochka

Poochka

if you're a smoker i don't think you'll do any damage to the pipe. which one did you get? have the glass VG now and it is really easy to clean and make like new again. in the glass pipe any residue sticks to the glass until cleaned. imo all you'd have to do is change the screen maybe.

Poochka,

djonkoman

tobacco vapes different as cannabis, so not really a good practice I think. I don't smoke, but I can imagine that the tobaccotaste could linger in there for pretty long, probably easier to accidently combust tobacco too. so I wouldn't do it, but it's your own call

djonkoman,

Poochka

Yeah, but it's still got nicotine in it.....I'd use mint or some herbal first I think.

Another point is most tobacco is spiked with all manner of stuff, some of it to keep it moist and we don't want moist (it robs the heat we need to vaporize). Before you can vape it you'll have to hit it until you're blue in the face drying it out. "Dry and fine" are the watchwords for vaping herb, exactly the opposite for tobacco that will be combusted.

OF

the biggest culprit is Propylene Glycol. seems to be in all tobacco products. along with ammonia.

Poochka,

placetime

Another point is most tobacco is spiked with all manner of stuff
OF

^^^ +1 on what OF says. the smell and taste of tobacco will be much harder to clean out (*especially* if you accidentally combust) than some other herbs. odds are you'll end up wanting to get rid of that tobacco smell (really), so why put it in there at all? mint is a better tester, imho-- super-cheap, easy, light mint taste. the only drawback to mint, IME, is that it's fairly easy to combust, so you have to be extra careful.
:peace:

placetime,

overtone

Hey guys, I just cleaned my glass VG for the first time. I thought I'd show anyone interested what I got out of it. Here's a pic.

2012-08-04_075152.jpg
First, it's a beautiful photograph in both form & content. Second, I'd love to know your cleaning/extraction techniques. The pool of green on the left is vert sublime. :tup:

overtone,
Top Bottom