VaporGenie

propjoe

Hi. I've had my vapor genie for a couple of weeks now. And I have had very little success using it correctly. I think. I do get some vapor clouds at the beginning of my bowl but nothing like the huge clouds that people here have described. And then after a few tokes I'll have little vapor cloud, my mouth will feel warm and dry and it'll feel like I've taken a nice hit but with little to no vapor cloud. I've read this entire thread for the most part and watched vids on youtube on how to use this piece the right way. I've taken out the mouthpiece. I've drawn slowly, drawn the flame faster. I've tried all the different methods described with little success. i might just not like this item as much as others here. after i meet the posting criteria i'll probably sell the piece in that seller thread.

propjoe,

Bipola

Rin101 said:
Bipola, I usually feel cold after vaporizing too (even after the first 10-15 mins) so I've learned to have a jacket handy all the time. I'm not totally sure why this is, but it may have something to do with a change in blood pressure?

djonkoman said:
frostbite is probably only because it comes ut of the can freezing cold ;)

Yeah, some people are dumb and will inhale compressed gas straight from the can lol..one time when I was in high school these two guys were playing with a can of compressed air and one guy sprayed his arm too long and was sent to the hospital with frostbite

Good to know I'm not the only one! I have gotten cold after smoking weed too a couple times, but was surprised that it could happen with a vape as well. I think I did more than I did the first time as there was a tinge of paranoia/anxiety at one stage but still nowhere near if I smoked.

I think it was the mild paranoia at the time that made me think frostbite was at all plausible... I'll believe anything in that state of mind :lol:

Bipola,
propjoe said:
Hi. I've had my vapor genie for a couple of weeks now. And I have had very little success using it correctly. I think. I do get some vapor clouds at the beginning of my bowl but nothing like the huge clouds that people here have described. And then after a few tokes I'll have little vapor cloud, my mouth will feel warm and dry and it'll feel like I've taken a nice hit but with little to no vapor cloud. I've read this entire thread for the most part and watched vids on youtube on how to use this piece the right way. I've taken out the mouthpiece. I've drawn slowly, drawn the flame faster. I've tried all the different methods described with little success. i might just not like this item as much as others here. after i meet the posting criteria i'll probably sell the piece in that seller thread.
Well my first question for you would be "what kind of material are you vaping?" Because I vape the best of the best so I'm sure my bud produces alot of vapor because of the THC content. Now are you using very high quality or are you vaping reggie? Cause if its reg with say 4% thc and I have med grade kush with say 18% thc you would think the higher grades hits would be 14% bigger? I really don't know this for a fact as I have never vaped reg, so I could be wrong in my thinking.

VapeNStone,

propjoe

i do that. i draw slowly. but how slow? i pull very slow. the flame is dancing above the cylinder. or a little bit into the cylinder. i then pull a little bit faster. i've tried every way possible. i never get a truly big vapor hit from it. my mouth gets warm. and very dry. i just don't get why this pipe is so great. i don't see it.

propjoe,
here is a vid of the VG. I tried my best lol. Vapor is really hard to capture on film but at least you get the idea. Especially from some weed that I had already got 4 big rips from out of the Da Buddha. Oh and that first hit was just as big as the second just didn't seem to catch it on film

Click on the video to play it. Turn it up some as the volume is a little low.

VapeNStone,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Should probably do a vid of how you light, how long you inhale for our friend with the problems... I guess I could too ha

wake n blake,
wake n blake said:
Should probably do a vid of how you light, how long you inhale for our friend with the problems... I guess I could too ha
I would but I'm not in a med state and I really don't want to show my face lol But its sounds to be his inhale time as he explained the correct way to hit it already.

VapeNStone,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another thing Joe - hows your lighting? I know that especially with my MFLB, if I dont blow it out in the light it looks as if I didnt even get a hit. (You can taste it but you cant see it) Blow that hit into a light and you may be amazed as to how big of a hit you are truly getting.

Another thing I do when hitting (most any vape nowdays) is to curl my tounge up so that the stream of air is hitting it (while I take a hit) This will also help gauge the temperature and whether you are really getting a hit or not. You will learn the variable temps (as well as the taste) are better indicators than a huge cloud anyday. :)

Good luck, and hopefully you will ultimately either get the VG to work satisfactorily, or find the right vape for you.

AGBeer,

chucku

Charles Urbane
propjoe said:
i do that. i draw slowly. but how slow? i pull very slow. the flame is dancing above the cylinder. or a little bit into the cylinder. i then pull a little bit faster. i've tried every way possible. i never get a truly big vapor hit from it. my mouth gets warm. and very dry. i just don't get why this pipe is so great. i don't see it.

Product needs to be dry. Flame needs to enter the hole. If a pipe type vg you may have success using a torch lighter. If a bat you must use a candle flame lighter, a torch lighter will not work with the bats.

chucku,

propjoe

thanks for all of the replies. it is appreciated.
i'll give the tongue technique a shot tonight.
and i should try it with a torch lighter. i'm just using a regular ole' bic right now.
i also got one of those $40 box vaps with a whip thing off of amazon. i'm loving that thing.
the light in my room is ok. i have a nice lamp on my desk where i normally toke. i'll spit some vap into that light tonight.

i missed that video the first time i checked back on the thread. thanks for posting that. i have gotten a vap hit like that before. not quite as big, a little smaller. but i can't pull that on any consistant basis.

propjoe,
propjoe said:
thanks for all of the replies. it is appreciated.
i'll give the tongue technique a shot tonight.
and i should try it with a torch lighter. i'm just using a regular ole' bic right now.
i also got one of those $40 box vaps with a whip thing off of amazon. i'm loving that thing.
the light in my room is ok. i have a nice lamp on my desk where i normally toke. i'll spit some vap into that light tonight.

i missed that video the first time i checked back on the thread. thanks for posting that. i have gotten a vap hit like that before. not quite as big, a little smaller. but i can't pull that on any consistant basis.
Are you taking the top off and stirring the weed around a little? After every 2nd or 3rd hit I always take the top off and stir a bit.

VapeNStone,

propjoe

i do do that most times. it does help.
i just took two nice pulls off of it. it felt nice. does your first pull produce little vapor?
i think i was pulling too lightly before. i need to pull the flame down more.

propjoe,
yea the first pull is always just to get the filter going. But sometimes I get some good vapor from even the first hit. I saw you said you have just a regular bic? Are you lighting that away from the VG? Because the flint from the lighter is no good for the filter inside that thing.

VapeNStone,

propjoe

i do light it away from the VP. i've read that warning.
i've been pulling some nice hits just now and blowing them into the light. i am seeing more vapor that i was before.

propjoe,
yea I usually hit it pretty hard and hold the light way up almost not even really going in. As you can kinda hear in my video. Its quiet so turn it up and you can hear how long and how hard i'm sucking.

VapeNStone,

propjoe

i'm pretty sure that i've just haven't been pulling the flame hard enough. i think i've been too afraid of the flame touching the filter at the bottom. i need to stop babying the thing.

propjoe,

propjoe

and my last post kinda contradicts what you just posted. my flame isn't touching the filter. i was just pulling more. and i got some better hits.

propjoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Good call man! Glad to see that you are having more success with your VG.

When I was using my OG VG, I actually preferred using a micro torch with it. It is much easier to burn your herb, but once you get the distancing down its a piece of cake. Like I said, when I use pipes like the VG, MFLB, hell even my Zap I almost always rely on temp and taste to gauge whether I get a good hit or not.

Keep it up man!

AGBeer,

propjoe

are you supposed to be getting vapor hits each time throughout the bowl? after awhile i stop seeing any vapor even though it feels like i am taking a hit. my herb isn't beat.

propjoe,

Rin101

propjoe said:
are you supposed to be getting vapor hits each time throughout the bowl? after awhile i stop seeing any vapor even though it feels like i am taking a hit. my herb isn't beat.

Tap the VG firmly on your palm a couple times between each hit. If you haven't packed it too tightly this will shake up the herb and it will vaporize more evenly, which should help you get consistent vapor until the bud is spent

Rin101,

propjoe

i do do that. i still don't see any vapor after awhile. my herb is light brown color on its way to being darker. it never gets real dark though. the herb looks like it still has potency left. how dark does your bud get to know when it is kicked?

propjoe,
Top Bottom