VaporGenie

propjoe said:
i do do that. i still don't see any vapor after awhile. my herb is light brown color on its way to being darker. it never gets real dark though. the herb looks like it still has potency left. how dark does your bud get to know when it is kicked?
Mine is the same way even through the Da Buddha. It just stops making vapor, usually at a light brown color(some strains are different and get darker or even lighter). That is fine that means it is done and you could get more but would have to go hotter and IMO at that point isn't already kinda burnt popcorny tasting so I just put it in my ABV pile and use it for brownies.

VapeNStone,

propjoe

VapeNStone said:
propjoe said:
i do do that. i still don't see any vapor after awhile. my herb is light brown color on its way to being darker. it never gets real dark though. the herb looks like it still has potency left. how dark does your bud get to know when it is kicked?
Mine is the same way even through the Da Buddha. It just stops making vapor, usually at a light brown color(some strains are different and get darker or even lighter). That is fine that means it is done and you could get more but would have to go hotter and IMO at that point isn't already kinda burnt popcorny tasting so I just put it in my ABV pile and use it for brownies.

yup, right at a light brown color now. maybe a bit darker than that. so i'm thinking its kicked.
and i'm working this thing properly at this point. i believe based on the feedback here.
thanks guys i appreciate all the responses.

propjoe,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
VapeNStone said:
propjoe said:
O.G. Kush
and where do you get this "OG kush" from? Your local Dispensary? Or your local drug dealer?
lol....yesterdays "Drug dealer" is todays dispensary supplier, implying that "medical grade" herb is any different from the herb you bought from your friendly local pot dealer is just plain silly

SF Giant,

turtles

SF Giant said:
VapeNStone said:
propjoe said:
O.G. Kush
and where do you get this "OG kush" from? Your local Dispensary? Or your local drug dealer?
lol....yesterdays "Drug dealer" is todays dispensary supplier, implying that "medical grade" herb is any different from the herb you bought from your friendly local pot dealer is just plain silly
dispensary weed starts at a decent level if you live in a decent neighborhood and gets to top shelf
dealer weed starts at mexican shit and goes all the way to best of the best if you know the right people... per dollar you get lesser quality shit in a lot of places

turtles,
Many dispensaries test for contaminants, spores, insects and cannabanoid content, so there is something of a standard of excellence in these type of establishments. A recent article posted showed that samples of street "brick" herb had like 50 times the allowable amount of certain types of fertilizer for spinach, which itself has unusually high permissible limits.

charliedontsurf,
Well I know that. But what I was getting at is the chances of anyone knowing if they actually have OG kush, are not so good. Unless of course they know they grower or grow it themselves.

VapeNStone,

turtles

VapeNStone said:
Well I know that. But what I was getting at is the chances of anyone knowing if they actually have OG kush, are not so good. Unless of course they know they grower or grow it themselves.
thats entirely dependent on where you live... in CA the growers have access to tones of clones that people sell on CL pretty good shot you know what it is

turtles,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
charliedontsurf said:
Many dispensaries test for contaminants, spores, insects and cannabanoid content, so there is something of a standard of excellence in these type of establishments. A recent article posted showed that samples of street "brick" herb had like 50 times the allowable amount of certain types of fertilizer for spinach, which itself has unusually high permissible limits.
You make a good point here, i sometimes forget that not everyone lives in northern cali or similar places, i litterally havent laid eyes on any type of brick weed since the early 90's lol, even if i tried hard to find the shittiest dealer i could the worst i could find would be last years mid grade

SF Giant,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Hello fellow genie peoples.
I had a question.
I got a Vaporgenie classic... gave it to my dad. He wanted a starter vape. We both really like it, actually... I find myself occasionally using it over the Launch Box (they both have their uses, I'm no fanboy).

Anyways, I was kinda thinking about getting the glass genie with the ryot case... I was thinking it'd be cool to see the vapor as you inhale, might also help control the hits.

I was wondering if any of you owned it, and your thoughts.

wake n blake,

crawdad

floatin
there is a thread dedicated to it....and yes its very nice, i prefer glass so i like it more than the classic or the others they produce. congrats on the classic.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1118

and yes, you can control the hits better...i watch the herbs and when i see a bit of movement i know that its time or near it (or damn i missed it!! ha) to stop the heat.

crawdad,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
oh, my bad... I thought this was all the genies cause they were talking about the coil, ha... I'll check out the thread, thanks crawdad!

wake n blake,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
turtles said:
VapeNStone said:
thats entirely dependent on where you live... in CA the growers have access to tones of clones that people sell on CL pretty good shot you know what it is

I was gonna say...

I've been to a few dispensaries in town and I've never seen anything remotely resembling the nasty Mexican bud, of the old days. They have a suitable amount of Sativas, Indicas and hybrids, edibles, hash capsules... oh yeah and some new MJ energy drink. :lol:

It is very easy to tell the difference in highs. Its also very easy to find a strain or in my case a hybrid (I like up to a 60/40 mix, either way), that fulfills my need for pain and other medicinal management. Its not impossible to identify strains if you have the starting point and the Web.

BigDaddyVapor,
BigDaddyVapor said:
turtles said:
VapeNStone said:

I was gonna say...

I've been to a few dispensaries in town and I've never seen anything remotely resembling the nasty Mexican bud, of the old days. They have a suitable amount of Sativas, Indicas and hybrids, edibles, hash capsules... oh yeah and some new MJ energy drink. :lol:

It is very easy to tell the difference in highs. Its also very easy to find a strain or in my case a hybrid (I like up to a 60/40 mix, either way), that fulfills my need for pain and other medicinal management. Its not impossible to identify strains if you have the starting point and the Web.
Very true. Because weather I was told or know for sure I can always tell Trainwreck, Sour Diesel, and Super lemon Haze because they all have a very distinct smell and taste.

VapeNStone,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okie, back on VG topic :D

I have had my VG coil for a few days now and should prolly put my input in. I must say, that after having owned many regular VGs (and being a big fan of them) I think that the coil is actually my new fav. (Save glass)

The heater stone is set back much further from the intake hole, so newbie users are much less apt to combust when they try to hit it like a regular pipe. Even my hardcore smoker buddy agrees that this VG is much more pleasurable and easier to hit. It does tend to get a little warm on the lips during the hit, and after about 3 bowl packs I have to set it down to cool. (But Im usually pretty much done by then anyway) :p
You know those little spring based door stops that screw into the wall and make funny noises when you 'boing' them? (Meh, showing my age) This is what the SS Coil VG reminds me of, so a tend to exercise a little more care when handling it (for longevity purposes).

As stated before, the learning curve is much easier and its almost difficult to combust. I said almost - this is my only real 'beef' with the pipe. The fact that the screen is pretty close to vertical when you are hitting it, the herb can thin out on spots against it. And these are usually the spots of combustion that you will end up seeing after several hits (especially after you crush/stir/shake between hits) All in all, I really dig this pipe and it has a nice place in my collection now. After the countless VGs I have gifted in the past, I dont foresee this one as being one of them. (At least not my personal one again!) :D

AGBeer,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
good timing, I also just got my VG coil in the mail and am really impressed, my first new vape in a while.

Did not get hot at all in in my use and seemed easier to use than the vg bat, I'd definitely suggest it over the bat model, at least off my initial impressions.

I also noticed, again that the VG gives me a stonier effect than a lot of the vapes I use more often, presumably because it's high temp

rabblerouser,

Bipola

Starting to wonder if my weed is ground fine enough to be fully vaporized? I've been using the VG for a week or so and really like it but no matter how many hits I try to get the weed never seems to go any darker than dark green, despite always getting to a stage where it feels like I stop getting anything in terms of vapor. It feels very dry when I tip the herb out of the VG into a bowl and put it with the rest of my vaped shit, which is probably to be expected after all the good stuff is vaped out of it, but it's never more than a darker shade of what it was previously.

I've accidentally combusted a few times but even then the weed never gets to even a light brown. I'm not complaining at all though, it's definitely not a bad thing especially since I plan to use the leftovers in edibles as soon as I have enough, but I'm just wondering is it because my 5 dollar acrylic grinder is basically crap and doesn't do a good job at grinding the weed up enough (I've got an aluminium one coming in the mail soon luckily)

I find that I get equal if not better results using the pair of scissors that I used to use before I had any type of grinder, and I have got weed to a ridiculously fine consistency before using those scissors (for firecrackers) but it's basically impossible to do that with just a small bowl's worth of weed, as opposed to 4g or whatever for firecrackers.

Also the screen in my VG tends to get little bits of weed in it, does anyone know if that's normal or because it's not ground up enough? I got 5 replacement screens when I originally bought the VG but don't think I should need to think about replacing the first one so soon unless as a result of my own negligence.

In case it's not clear though I fucking love this thing and am totally happy with it, just curious if I'd get far better results if I was able to grind the herb properly!

Bipola,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think the grind has a big part of the vaping experience as well, and especially with the VG.

The VG is kind of a tricky animal at first as its a fine line between getting most everything from your herb while avoiding combustion. I will agree that my LB *can* definitely get my herb darker than the VG but it tends to take it quite a bit longer and need more finesse. Keep practicing with your VG, and possibly try using a micro-torch (if its the regular pipe version) just keep in mind that with a torch the flame will be at least 1/2" from the opening (unlike the yellow flamed spark devices)

The torch will give you a new level of control - at least this is what I found when using my VG classic.

AGBeer,
Bipola said:
I've accidentally combusted a few times but even then the weed never gets to even a light brown.
Ok I read everything and this is the only thing I have questions on? If you combusted how did it not turn black? Sounds like you either aren't sucking hard enough or you aren't holding the flame close enough. Remember the filter is waaaay down in there so you have to be careful to not hit it but I mean you don't need the light 20 ft from the top. Also to make sure you have a nice draw as well.

VapeNStone,

noodz

I just recently moved to Milwaukee, WI and i'm having trouble buying or finding the good stuff (u know i mean pepsi that's all)

noodz,

Bipola

VapeNStone said:
Bipola said:
I've accidentally combusted a few times but even then the weed never gets to even a light brown.
Ok I read everything and this is the only thing I have questions on? If you combusted how did it not turn black? Sounds like you either aren't sucking hard enough or you aren't holding the flame close enough. Remember the filter is waaaay down in there so you have to be careful to not hit it but I mean you don't need the light 20 ft from the top. Also to make sure you have a nice draw as well.

I was confused too about it still being green cos it really felt like I was smoking more than vaping at a couple of points, like I got that harsh tickling feeling in the throat and even coughed a couple of times which I wasn't expecting, unless I just got way better/bigger vapor hits than I anticipated.

It definitely didn't taste or smell like I'd 'smoked' through a bong or whatever, but I'd be surprised if I managed to avoid combusting even once considering I'm still a newb at this and it's unlikely I'd get that lucky when I don't have much of an idea how to gauge temp etc. yet due to lack of experience with it.

I think I probably have been drawing too softly and possibly lighting the (bic) lighter too far away as I'm really overcareful about the filter (still managed to slightly burn the edge of it twice though haha) so that probably explains it!

The last session I had with the VG was by far the best (and they've all been good..), higher than I've been in months (not counting edibles) without using much weed at all. I find time goes by so much quicker with a vaping high, probably because it's more fun/euphoric than smoking generally is for me, it feels like I start to feel it and then all of a sudden like 5 hours have passed haha

Bipola,

djonkoman

you can get some harsh thick vaporhits with the VG, if you were really combusting you should see some black, and taste ash
also if you accidently combust with the VG even a little it feels harsher then when your combusting on purpose trough a regular pipe, so if you're really combusting you would know

djonkoman,
djonkoman said:
you can get some harsh thick vaporhits with the VG, if you were really combusting you should see some black, and taste ash
also if you accidently combust with the VG even a little it feels harsher then when your combusting on purpose trough a regular pipe, so if you're really combusting you would know
yea what he said. That is why I was confused. It just sounds like your not used to vapor and don't know what to expect. Oh and you cough off vapor, so if that's what you were indicating as combustion it is not. Like the dude above said it would need to be black and you WOULD KNOW.

VapeNStone,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I feel like its been thought of and made.. Actually it has.
But can someone help me with the concept of VaporGenie Filter Stem?

**EDIT**

Found my solution:
momatik said:
Classic VG owners,
I found a bowl you can pickup from Home Depot that will connect your flame filter AND connect to a 14 mm glass downstem.
Go to the plumbing section and pick up a:
TUBE TO FIP
COUPLE W/INSERT
3/8"X3/8"
It'll look like this:
http://s7.cdn.hardwareandtools.net/is/image/HardwareandTools/719852938217?wid=120&hei=120
That nut on the right will screw off and you'll have something like this:
http://www.goodwaterwarehouse.com/cat/6_am_06120.jpg
The inside will have a little lip to put a wire coil for the bowl, just like the bowl on your VG.
I attached a 14mm downstem to the top of my hookah and am getting great results.
Oh and it's like 3 bucks.
Thank you..

paytonpenn,
Top Bottom