VaporGenie

Bipola

VapeNStone said:
djonkoman said:
you can get some harsh thick vaporhits with the VG, if you were really combusting you should see some black, and taste ash
also if you accidently combust with the VG even a little it feels harsher then when your combusting on purpose trough a regular pipe, so if you're really combusting you would know
yea what he said. That is why I was confused. It just sounds like your not used to vapor and don't know what to expect. Oh and you cough off vapor, so if that's what you were indicating as combustion it is not. Like the dude above said it would need to be black and you WOULD KNOW.

Haha sweet, that's good news then! I guess I was so sure I was gonna combust at least once or twice since it sounded pretty easy to do... I thought it was probably possible to cough from vapor but wasn't expecting to get big enough hits off the VG in my first few attempts to do so. Good to know :)

Bipola,

Rin101

Bipola said:
VapeNStone said:
yea what he said. That is why I was confused. It just sounds like your not used to vapor and don't know what to expect. Oh and you cough off vapor, so if that's what you were indicating as combustion it is not. Like the dude above said it would need to be black and you WOULD KNOW.

Haha sweet, that's good news then! I guess I was so sure I was gonna combust at least once or twice since it sounded pretty easy to do... I thought it was probably possible to cough from vapor but wasn't expecting to get big enough hits off the VG in my first few attempts to do so. Good to know :)

Yeah, vapor is VERY irritating to the throat and lungs at first. I got used to it after a few months and don't cough so much on big rips now, but sometimes it still happens! Once you start letting your friends try the VG, you will know they are doing it right when they start coughing :p

You guys know that age-old saying, "It's ok to cough, if you cough then you will get higher!"
I have heard many friends say that over the years, and I never thought it made any sense until I started vaporizing. Now I propose that the saying has its cause and effect mixed up. My friends thought that coughing led to greater high ('A' caused 'B'), but in reality I think that a high concentration of vapor in the hit (whether smoking or vaping) led to coughing and then to a greater high ('C' caused both 'A' and 'B'). Does that make sense? I'm interested to hear what others think about my theory.

Rin101,

djonkoman

I once read coughing opens up something in your lungs that allows for greater absorption, slow exhae should do the same tough
personally I learned to not cough as quicly as possible, vapor never made me really cough

djonkoman,
Rin101 said:
Bipola said:
VapeNStone said:

Yeah, vapor is VERY irritating to the throat and lungs at first. I got used to it after a few months and don't cough so much on big rips now, but sometimes it still happens! Once you start letting your friends try the VG, you will know they are doing it right when they start coughing :p

You guys know that age-old saying, "It's ok to cough, if you cough then you will get higher!"
I have heard many friends say that over the years, and I never thought it made any sense until I started vaporizing. Now I propose that the saying has its cause and effect mixed up. My friends thought that coughing led to greater high ('A' caused 'B'), but in reality I think that a high concentration of vapor in the hit (whether smoking or vaping) led to coughing and then to a greater high ('C' caused both 'A' and 'B'). Does that make sense? I'm interested to hear what others think about my theory.
Me and my friends always say. "When you cough you get off" Oh and from what I heard the reason for this is your lungs. Your lungs have already been introduced to THC but some parts of your lungs are untouched. But when you cough you are opening your lungs more and more of the THC is absorbing thus expanding and making you cough. Which is why when you get some really good bud and it makes you have a really good cough(once again from the new lungs it is hitting and the expansion) your head gets hot as hell because your getting high as hell!

VapeNStone,

Rin101

VapeNStone said:
Me and my friends always say. "When you cough you get off" Oh and from what I heard the reason for this is your lungs. Your lungs have already been introduced to THC but some parts of your lungs are untouched. But when you cough you are opening your lungs more and more of the THC is absorbing thus expanding and making you cough. Which is why when you get some really good bud and it makes you have a really good cough(once again from the new lungs it is hitting and the expansion) your head gets hot as hell because your getting high as hell!

Yes, that's what my friends have heard too. But what I am saying is that I don't agree with that. Not that it's wrong (because I have no idea what is right), but I have never seen any evidence to back that up, nor do I understand why it would work that way. So the explanation you have given is the "A causes B" explanation that I have re-written as "C causes both A and B." Do you have any scientific evidence that suggests that "Your lungs have already been introduced to THC but some parts of your lungs are untouched" or that "when you cough you are opening your lungs more?" I am not saying that these statements are wrong, but I am saying that I don't know their credibility. The only credibility I have for my theory is that I have repeatedly observed large vapor hits sending people into coughing fits (myself included). I wonder if we could design an experiment to test these theories!

PS Sorry for the rambling, you all know how it is :peace:

Rin101,

Phajik

I bought a Vapor Genie and I hate it. It just sits and collects dust now. Always tastes putrid and harsh and is a pain in the ass.

Phajik,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The VG isnt for everyone, but I am glad to see that you werent deterred from vaping based on that experience.

AGBeer,

Pcpvapors

I've been using the classic VG as my daily driver for about 2 months now and absolutely love it, virtually no learning curve if you follow vtacs tips or watch a YouTube video. Only two things that I can see as a turn off with classic VG are taste and the occasional burnt finger tip from being to vaked :) but I believe the taste issue was adressed with the all glass VG and the burnt finger tip is simply user error. Overall love the VG as a portable, definitely recommend.

Pcpvapors,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have a feeling you are really going to like your VG Coil once you get a chance to work with it a little.

Just be advised, it WILL flush down your toilet with little to no effort! :o

Ask me how I know ;)

AGBeer,

MagicBartender

THE MagicBartender
BUMMER...I think I saw that post! I rarely use top shirt pockets, & Girls Sit (LOL) so I'll have to find another way to obliterate mine! LOL And believe me, I can do it! heehee

I JUST Got confirmation it shipped! w00t \(*o*)/
I'm persistent, so I'll get it!
And, I think it simply belongs in my tool bag too! WHO would EVER guess what it is? I LOVE that!
Cheers `*>~[

MagicBartender,

chucku

Charles Urbane
You might be thinking of someone else, a lb user, I forget who. He dropped his lb in the bowl while on the throne. He contacted Magic Flight admitting his blunder and received a replace lb under warranty. Since the old one was unusable after exposure to special water.

chucku,

Phajik

I have to apologize. I made a negative post earlier about the VaporGenie. I decided to give it another chance and after all the "pulse hitting" practice I had on my MFLB, I got the biggest tastiest milk hits from this thing. Turns out I was doing it wrong. Really glad I read this forum and gave it another chance. I am excited now.

Phajik,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got my VG Coil back from my buddy that borrowed it. I set it down next to my Luke Wilson 15 arm bubbler that I was about to use with my Solo. I don't know why I hadn't ever thought about it before, but it hit me: Why not put the coil into the downstem of the bubbler?

What a revelation! It fit like it was made for it and without any modification or silicone rings or tubing it rips like a champ. The first time I tried it (I just use a Bic lighter) I was amazed at how much vapor it produced in the bub. I pulled it out to clear the vapor and got one of the tastiest, biggest rips that I've ever experienced with that piece. :o

The whole experience is very reminiscent of my bong smoking days and is overall very satisfying. Here is a pic of my second rip (I should've had the camera ready for the first one, but I wasn't really expecting such instant success).

vgcoilwithlwbub.jpg

:peace:

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Thats friggin awesome Stu. I am going to have to show this to my buddy when I order my next VG coil.

Damn it... I think I am going to have to order more than one again :D

AGBeer,

SD_haze

the VG coil also fit in my 14mm bong, but it didn't work too well since you cant feel the vapor on your tongue, its harder to gauge a good hit.

of course, practice makes perfect :D

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I actually found it easier to get good hits by the visual feedback of my bubbler filling up with vapor. This visual feedback was more useful to me than the "feel" of the heated vapor hitting my tongue when used traditionally. YMMV.

:2c:

Stu,

corndogg

hey guys, i'm pretty new to vaping and i'm thinking about getting a VG coil because of the price, portability and the good things that i've read about it on this thread. i have a few questions though. 1) how big is the learning curve that everyone is talking about? am i gonna ruin my first two bowls before i finally get use to it? and 2) how is the smell? could i use it indoors or around my college without anybody noticing? thanks for your help! :)

corndogg,

crawdad

floatin
cant comment on the coil since i dont have it, but all the VG (or i guess you could say just about any flame based vape) is going to have a learning curve that you get over time, i dont think you will waste anything unless you end up coughing up an entire bowl.

the style of lighter, how you fill the bowl, how close the flame is, any winds present (outside or close to an a/c vent), your patience, etc...all going to factor in. its a style of vape that is not automatic, something you have to actively work at but that work should eventually turn into a ritual, an enjoyable one imho.

crawdad,

hogleg

Hi guys first post here,
I have been using a vg for about four years and very heavily. At first I had a problem keeping it form clogging but I soon started putting a screen under the spring clip and since that tweek I have a lot less problems. Between me and a few friends there are three or four that have been running like this for at least 2 yrs. The trichs and dust get caught in the secnd screen and my vg gets filled with hash oil. For quick clenings I take out top screen vape my brains out and when it dries out thoroughly just tap it out and put the top screen back. This technique keeps me up and running for a while and I run at 15-20 bowls a day also always with a torch.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOVELTY-REF...419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaf7ae7bb

one more thing, I also keep a cheap long metal pipe thats has a finer screen closer to the top of the bowl that works great for concentrates and doesnt put all the stickiness in my wood pipe.

thanks for all the great info guys

hogleg,

Autotune

Another new poster.

I baked a bit too much (among other things, ahem) early on, but in the past 20 odd years only a hand full of times. I recently learned about vaporization and for whatever reason that got me thinking about chilling with a bowl again without risking some of the recently acquired cardiovascular heath. So I secured some herbs, and after some research put in an order for a VG classic, which should hopefully arrive this week (with a free grinder to boot!). I and my partner are looking forward to its arrival!

Oh, and I have read this entire thread. All 72 pages. Plus parts of the Glass VG thread. Well, what else am I going to do while waiting?

Autotune,
Top Bottom