VaporGenie

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Where did you order it from?

And if I could only have one vaporizer for the rest of my life.. Probably a Genie.. or at least the filter so I can make as many mods that come into my head.

Hopefully in the future you will be saying you vaped a bit too much :)

paytonpenn,

Autotune

I ordered from vaporizers.net after seeing them listed as a vendor on a NORML page. $60, with shipping to the US and Canada included with the vape and grinder.

Thanks! But not "too much", "just enough" will do fine :cool:

Autotune,

Autotune

Items arrived in excellent condition while I was out of town. Have not given them a try yet but wanted to report the sales site appears top shelf, which given concerns about the fraudulent sites might be of interest.

Autotune,

corndogg

so follow up, i got my VG Coil in the mail a few weeks ago and i was dissapointed the first time i used it but now that i've figured it out its awesome. so glad that i stopped smoking and made the switch to vaping :]
:)

corndogg,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
So have any of the SS Coil owners ever taken it apart? I was messing with mine tonight but couldnt quite figure it out. (at least the top part) Ill shoot an email to the VG folks too and see what they say

AGBeer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I started to take mine apart when I was really vaked. I stopped because I didn't want to fuck it up. Ideas you get when vaked are sometimes not as brilliant the next day. Having said that I'd love to see the separate parts (4 pieces iirc) individually.

Stu,
I have, it's not as complex as you might think. It comes apart and reassembles in such a way that part A will only couple to part B, not parts C D E and F, so you'll have no trouble putting it back together. Just start unscrewing things and you'll see how it disassembles.

I remember a pic of the SS coil in pieces on the VG site somewhere, not super high res but it was there.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
There you go:

knipselc.jpg

OhTheAgony,

smatter

Greetings All,

I am so glad I found this forum because I was able to produce a huge cloud of vapor on my first try with my new coil thanks to all the good advice in this LONG thread. Thank you to all who contributed to my avoidance of the learning curve.

I do have one minor issue with the device. Material from the bowl spills out into the space between the outer coil and the inner ceramic coil. I suppose I could minimize the gap between the bowl and the inner ceramic coil by screwing the bowl coil so that it doesn't protrude out of the mouthpiece as much. That should effectively reduce the distance between the two and close the gap.

Anyone else experience this, or do I just need to do some adjusting?

smatter,

smatter

I adjusted the bowl coil a smidge and that has seemed to eliminate the spillage. I can feel the bowl and the inner coil just touching when I screw it together whereas before they did not. It is a fine adjustment because I went a little too far at first and the outer coils separated when put it back together.

smatter,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Does anyone know how I could connect my VaporGenie filter (Wooden Classic) onto a glass stem. While the suggestion made on pg. 62 works well, the rings don't allow me to easily slide the filter off and on some pieces.

--EDIT 11/11/11 (An answer for the above would be helpful but is no longer really needed)
I ordered a new HC VaporGenie on Tuesday and I was just wondering if you any of you guys use still use your VG and if you use any mods or know of any. I believe I will do a review soon.

paytonpenn,

Autotune

Works, me and the missus got that first bowl nice and brown. It is a milder high, which is just fine with me. Going to try a second in a bit. :)

Autotune,

Autotune

Well. That was fun. Slept for 9.5 hours solid too, which I really needed! :lol: Woke up feeling great.

Downsides to the VG IMO are the heat off the vapor has left me feeling a little raw today (chalk that up to the learning process), the taste of butane, and my partner can't physically hold the button of the piezo lighter down (part of her medical condition, which includes borderline glaucoma as well). Just picked up some I-Tal Lighter hemp wick and hopefully this will correct the two last issues (I did see someone on YouTude using the wick with a glass genie).

But as raw as I might be feeling, its much much better than smoking. Consider me a convert.

Autotune,

SD_haze

Autotune said:
Well. That was fun. Slept for 9.5 hours solid too, which I really needed! :lol: Woke up feeling great.

Downsides to the VG IMO are the heat off the vapor has left me feeling a little raw today (chalk that up to the learning process), the taste of butane, and my partner can't physically hold the button of the piezo lighter down (part of her medical condition, which includes borderline glaucoma as well). Just picked up some I-Tal Lighter hemp wick and hopefully this will correct the two last issues (I did see someone on YouTude using the wick with a glass genie).

But as raw as I might be feeling, its much much better than smoking. Consider me a convert.

Its tricky but not impossible to consciously lower the VG temperature.
Just remember the faster you draw the lower the temp :tup:
(A torch lighter helps a lot with this :2c:)

SD_haze,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I second the torch lighter motion, but it IS a different technique than the lighter. :)

To help deal with the 'vapor heat' always make sure that you have something refreshing to drink nearby. Its almost a MUST for me nowdays because vapor can be rather raw on the pipes. But a nice tall glass of water makes it that much better.

You also might want to look at water filtration as well (bong) to use in conjunction - this too helps with the heat-y-ness of vaping :D

AGBeer,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So happy, my new VaporGenie came in yesterday. Shipping was on the date it said it would be and it took the average 3 days. I was a bit concerned about the new tops and the adjustable filter but I started to understand it. I just love nostalgia, I bought my first VaporGenie on christmas eve of last year as a gift to myself, and this one is just because the other is getting a bit visually unappealing, and I really have been craving a Walnut Spiral top and base.

I will post some pictures soon.

EDIT:
How big do you make your bowls I consider mine to be rather small and offer 4 minimum hits and 6 average hits with 8 being maxed. I will also post pictures of the abv level.

Also what color is your abv?

paytonpenn,

darkrom

Great Scott!
FreeExperience said:
If I went the with VG I would be using a hemp wick. I don't want to be breathing in any butane.

I'm throwing around a few names in my head as possiblities,

1) VaporGenie

2) Magic Flight

3) Arizer V-Tower

4) I-Olite

Although the I-olite is probably on it's way out now that I've read that the chamber with the vaporizing nail is aluminum.

Butane would be burnt off using a torch. The problem with the hemp wick is you are now inhaling the chemicals produced by burning the hemp, an issue we are attempting to avoid with vaporization in the first place.

I can't decide if I want to give this or the coil a try, but I definitely want stainless. I like the weight and durability and safety. The coil seems cool, but the bat seems so incredibly simple. I may order it!

darkrom,

SD_haze

The problem with the hemp wick is you are now inhaling the chemicals produced by burning the hemp

and the wax coating, right?

That especially doesn't appeal to me when a number of hemp wick brands are produced in china (i believe that the I-Tal brand is, but i think Beeline is *not*), definitely want quality control for that.

I use the coil often but I really prefer the easy-to-see side flame-intake as opposed to at the end.
Seem to get much more consistently good hits.

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I think I'm better off getting the stainless bat than the coil personally. I'll have to see.

darkrom,

crawdad

floatin
ya, i ordered some hemp wick from vaporgenie when i got mine (glass version) but i ended up not using it...not really sure whats in the wick itself but as i would draw i would watch pieces fall off and drop onto the ceramic filter, for that reason alone i quit using it...didnt want it to clog (perhaps it wouldn't, just seemed a possibility).

i bic my sessions now and use a torch at least 1-2 a week to really heat up the element, its my way of keeping it unclogged from dirty flame.

crawdad,

MrKuter

Guys Im completely new to vaaping. Is this a good easy started vaap? Does this thing really count as vaaping, just seems like smoking. Thanx

MrKuter,

SD_haze

MrKuter said:
Guys Im completely new to vaaping. Is this a good easy started vaap? Does this thing really count as vaaping, just seems like smoking. Thanx

The vaporgenie is good for beginners in that it is cheap and similar to smoking simplicity.

However, there is a fairly steep initial learning curve using the flame right.
They are various videos/pictures that help a lot, but in the end practice makes perfect.

There are other vapes out there where you can get a fairly excellent hit right off the bat no learning curve, but expect to pay more.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom