VaporGenie

OF

Well, it filters the heat. but it's not a real definition, heat exchanger is.
that's why people use the term 'filter' about the VG, it does make sense that it filters something, but it has a better definition ;)

Actually, no it doesn't. Filtering heat makes no sense. Filtering is selective somehow. Do we block large heat 'particles'? The heat exchanger disperses heat (blocks or removes nothing), and from the jargon of that industry 'homogenizes' the heat across the flow (eliminating hot spots). Very useful for us.

"Filter" is just incorrect, no matter how many think otherwise? We tend to abuse technical terms a lot for a host of reasons I think. IMO that's a bad thing, we should use technical terms accurately or not at all? Ignorance doesn't spread as fast if folks don't pass it on like they know what they're talking about.

Then again, 'I read it on the web' is a common theme? When I was in school, an insightful Instructor said as he was championing experimentation, ".....otherwise we pool our collective ignorance and convince each other of things that aren't so". It was a lot of years ago, but still true IMO. A phrase that's stuck in my tiny mind over the years.

OF

GoldenBud

Actually, no it doesn't. Filtering heat makes no sense. Filtering is selective somehow. Do we block large heat 'particles'? The heat exchanger disperses heat (blocks or removes nothing), and from the jargon of that industry 'homogenizes' the heat across the flow (eliminating hot spots). Very useful for us.

"Filter" is just incorrect, no matter how many think otherwise? We tend to abuse technical terms a lot for a host of reasons I think. IMO that's a bad thing, we should use technical terms accurately or not at all? Ignorance doesn't spread as fast if folks don't pass it on like they know what they're talking about.

Then again, 'I read it on the web' is a common theme? When I was in school, an insightful Instructor said as he was championing experimentation, ".....otherwise we pool our collective ignorance and convince each other of things that aren't so". It was a lot of years ago, but still true IMO. A phrase that's stuck in my tiny mind over the years.

OF
they (VG) use the term filter themself
Needs to be changed tho
or in case they use this definition to make it easy for the user to understand which part is it..

"Ceramic filter is removable. Mouthpiece borehole is 1/4" diameter. We recommend cleaning with the 1/4" stainless steel brush. Do NOT clean with solvents or soapy water. Liquids will damage the wood."

GoldenBud,
Reactions: OF

OF

they (VG) use the term filter themself
Needs to be changed tho
or in case they use this definition to make it easy for the user to understand which part is it..

"Ceramic filter is removable. Mouthpiece borehole is 1/4" diameter. We recommend cleaning with the 1/4" stainless steel brush. Do NOT clean with solvents or soapy water. Liquids will damage the wood."

Understood, doesn't change reality though? It doesn't remover or isolate anything though (the normal function of a filter). It just looks like say a coffee filter? You know, the thing that removes coffee grinds from what you're about to drink. We often say 'filter out' when describing what a filter does? What does this filter out/remove?

Sales types often play a decisive role in advertising. Notice all the vapes that claim to be Convection (or 'hybrid') that are not? They know folks 'know' Convection is superior and they need those sales.......

Can't really blame them....it's their job you know. And they have all the suits and ties in the room?

OF

GoldenBud

Ok pointing the blue flame 45 degrees to the chamber was a good experience, efficient and great taste. @OF this is good choice not going for the ss coil for the first VG :rockon::clap:

GoldenBud

the screen doesn't sit well inside the chamber, i get some tiny herbies inside my mouth.. does the vg accept s&b capsules? or potv? i guess the potv are too narrow for the vg

OF

the screen doesn't sit well inside the chamber, i get some tiny herbies inside my mouth.. does the vg accept s&b capsules? or potv? i guess the potv are too narrow for the vg

I use standard screens lightly oversize (5/8 inch I think, maybe 3/4?) such that they need to be slightly 'dished in' to fit. This puts spring tension against the unthreaded part of the lower chamber. Fine mesh, no leaks.

I just checked my 'Big Bronze one' to be sure that's right. While there I loaded a bit of herb and gave it at go. Happy to report it still works very fine, thank you very much indeed! 3 hits and it all came rushing back. Fine machine.

Capsules would be a bad plan I think. This is convection vaping, capsules would cool the incoming air and make it a conduction game. And thereby much harder to control, especially approaching combustion.

OF

GoldenBud

I use standard screens lightly oversize (5/8 inch I think, maybe 3/4?) such that they need to be slightly 'dished in' to fit. This puts spring tension against the unthreaded part of the lower chamber. Fine mesh, no leaks.

I just checked my 'Big Bronze one' to be sure that's right. While there I loaded a bit of herb and gave it at go. Happy to report it still works very fine, thank you very much indeed! 3 hits and it all came rushing back. Fine machine.

Capsules would be a bad plan I think. This is convection vaping, capsules would cool the incoming air and make it a conduction game. And thereby much harder to control, especially approaching combustion.

OF
Ok thanks by the way I left the bowl not 100% screwed and more air got in and helped me not to combust

GoldenBud

I have to say that without screwing the head into the chamber/body (just a small screw for placing purposes), the chances to combust reduce dramatically. great results with that, extract the bowl clearly better than when the head is screwed to the head (even not to the 100% of it)

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

JEMSKU

I have to say that without screwing the head into the chamber/body (just a small screw for placing purposes), the chances to combust reduce dramatically. great results with that, extract the bowl clearly better than when the head is screwed to the head (even not to the 100% of it)

Think I'll experiment with this, the genie vapes beautifully up to a golden brown but when I try to push it I often combust.

I wonder if a couple holes drilled into the flame intake would achieve the same thing :hmm:

JEMSKU,

OF

Think I'll experiment with this, the genie vapes beautifully up to a golden brown but when I try to push it I often combust.

I wonder if a couple holes drilled into the flame intake would achieve the same thing :hmm:

Some see this potential for combustion as a negative, some see it as a positive. The user is in control. Like driving your car, you make the decisions but can 'blow it' and wrap it around a tree, phone pole or a handy car.

By all means experiment, parts are cheap enough? I don't follow "drilled into the flame intake" but if your plan is to drill a hole through the heat exchanger, I suggest rethinking it. Carbide is really tough stuff, and a ceramic so it's going to chip away some until it breaks your drill most likely. If you want to bypass the exchanger to let cool air in perhaps notching the bore the exchanger fits in? A couple of slots along the side. Or small holes drilled from the side below the exchanger?

Fun idea anyway, good luck.

OF

GoldenBud

Enjoy. I feel there's an increase in air intaking with this method
@OF he probably means something like Egzoset PinHole ? so the method with the head unscrewed (I think) is a good alternative to his PinHole, altough I haven't tried it.
My guess is rely on the fact that with the PinHole you get 1 place with air intaking, while in the unscrewed head you get air intaking all around it.

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

I really like my Genie Classic except for the microdosing part. how do u people microdose with this device? like putting some ceramic disk in the bowl and then microdose? with the "regular" screen it doesn't work, no much vapor for the 0.05g loads, i can take out the ABV and darken it over with my Solo II for example.. Most people must be doing this with Dynavap or so.

GoldenBud,

justcametomind

I usually make a bed of ABV and then put some green herb on top of I want to microdose on a VG. Or else I take a hit or two of a normal bowl and then stop vaping. I have a VG coil, the bowl can be shortened and that helps with microdosing.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
You should be able to take the screen out and move it up higher just like the coil it should have a support ring. I don't really need the support ring for supporting the screen at a higher elevation though.

I've gotten fine results just sprinkling the lightest amount of herb in the bowl.

GoldenBud

You should be able to take the screen out and move it up higher just like the coil it should have a support ring. I don't really need the support ring for supporting the screen at a higher elevation though.

I've gotten fine results just sprinkling the lightest amount of herb in the bowl.
Great, that works well. I just spread the supporter and the bowl is now closer to the SiC. thanks!

GoldenBud

With the nectar collection piece of glass that works pretty well, but i would like to have the mflb glass stem. anyone knows where and if this thing is available? ((need longer stem for the genie))

OF

With the nectar collection piece of glass that works pretty well, but i would like to have the mflb glass stem. anyone knows where and if this thing is available? ((need longer stem for the genie))

Are you in the US? If so, PM me and I think we can come up with something. If I can find the glass tube I bought a while back for this I should be able to make a reasonable length stem from that, otherwise I know where the plastic stem stock is and will use that.

I made a bunch of them for Members of MFLB a few years back for 4/20, over 100 as I recall. I should be able to manage another.....

Otherwise, I know of no source of a longer stem.

OF

GoldenBud

The modded VG thing with the 3 glass beads (3mm) with ss screen, makes the taste being much better, and the abv isn't too brown/black anymore. the myrecene is so sweet now. @nonamekevin if you haven't done that by now, make sure you get some 3mm beads.....

GoldenBud,

nonamekevin

The modded VG thing with the 3 glass beads (3mm) with ss screen, makes the taste being much better, and the abv isn't too brown/black anymore. the myrecene is so sweet now. @nonamekevin if you haven't done that by now, make sure you get some 3mm beads.....
Hey friend! I've picked up some 3mm beads, but still haven't acquired a VG. :( I've been enamored with the elev8r and all my sticky bricks for a while now, haven't had any real VAS as of late.

Thanks for the heads up homie! I'm sure a VG will be in the collection one day! :rockon:

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Tweakz

GoldenBud

Hey friend! I've picked up some 3mm beads, but still haven't acquired a VG. :( I've been enamored with the elev8r and all my sticky bricks for a while now, haven't had any real VAS as of late.

Thanks for the heads up homie! I'm sure a VG will be in the collection one day! :rockon:
Ahh oops, I thought you brought the handcarved for some reason :brow::lol:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

The Vapor Genie thread was the very first thread created on legacy FC back in 2007. It deserves that distinction IMO as to this day it is still one of my favorite vapes to use. It's simple to use, provides near instant on-demand convention vapor that is as smooth and tasty as you'll find. They are also relatively quite inexpensive. No, they didn't pay me for this ad.

My preferred model is the Bronze Sherlock.

90 - cGkL846.jpg
86 - 7pIB2K5.jpg

Website.

:peace:

hayduke

I am looking at this pretty hard. The glass version is supposed to be very good for other things besides herbals, like DMT etc. The original pipe version looks so dang cool

jerri

I have a glass sherlock for years it kinda reminds me of my ghost mv1 both can produce fantastic flavor and big clouds and fast medicating results but not consistent results with using the same method maybe the new tetra p 80 or tinymite will be the ones

Top Bottom