Vapman

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
hey i could use a bit of help here, anyone know if this is normal? can't seem to clean those strange looking spots on the bowl.
this is how it arrived. is the gold coating damaged?

Looks like oxidation to me. Which is strange cause it should be 24k gold. Maybe smth went wrong in the plating process.Also that middle pin doesnt look plated at all ... Hopefully you didnt get a bare copper pan...
I have an OG and it doesnt have spots like it and it has seen some use,also is way yellower and shinier.

vandalizedbythelotus

Looks like oxidation to me. Which is strange cause it should be 24k gold. Maybe smth went wrong in the plating process.Also that middle pin doesnt look plated at all ... Hopefully you didnt get a bare copper pan...
I have an OG and it doesnt have spots like it and it has seen some use,also is way yellower and shinier.
it's def gold plated not bare copper, just bad lighting and crappy camera. but it looks like there's a problem with the plating no? thinking i should get in touch with VDNM shop... my OG also has one or two unremovable spots but those look darker... thank you!

edit: pretty otherwise

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

Got Mine swiss made basic yesterday. Only five days from germany at these days- good work guys from www.verdampftnochmal.de
Played a little bit - got very good taste but not so much visible vapor.
Any tips?
Thx
that's where i got mine as well, hopefully they get me sorted.

i do 3-4 heating bursts of around 3s each with 1-2s between when i also rotate the vapman to ensure even heating. usually after the 3rd heating burst i have a terpy airy hit and i go from there.

happynomoretobacco

After some playing with my new vapman i get some nice clouds :rockon:
Is it normal that i had to stir before last hit and that i have to heat again after each draw?

happynomoretobacco,

happynomoretobacco

I don't find a need to stir between hits on a load this small. But yes, a shorter reheat between hits. I usually do 2 5 sec heat ups before first inhale and around 4-5 sec heat before each subsequent hit. With a single flame lighter with flame length adjusted to diameter of mouthpiece screen.
Which distance between torch and metal is best - should flame touch it?

happynomoretobacco,
Hi,guys just joined the vapman gang,ASWELL,vas really took over this ,time,
an eds tnt woods cents what a nightmare with that ,at least this is a smile vape,
but anyone any tips on getting the top back on once reloaded,,its my hands probably but ready for a broadband add moament m
bowl is a bit full ,I’d say bowl on vapman s too small,I expected small but getting older can tsee,lol
no kidden wouldn’t change a thing ,just a wee bit bigger or deeper,gives use the choice or is the Kiev Santa Cruz back out ,
a 25 %bigger special edition that would do,
anyway love it
thanks G but no the top ,is a nightmare,had it on an off,try doing it emty to get used to it but no so frustrating,
it was an other bowl,why bother,
so left it,be joining the woodscent
G
just as well bonfire nights over pmsl,

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hi,guys just joined the vapman gang,ASWELL,vas really took over this ,time,
an eds tnt woods cents what a nightmare with that ,at least this is a smile vape,
but anyone any tips on getting the top back on once reloaded,,its my hands probably but ready for a broadband add moament m
bowl is a bit full ,I’d say bowl on vapman s too small,I expected small but getting older can tsee,lol
no kidden wouldn’t change a thing ,just a wee bit bigger or deeper,gives use the choice or is the Kiev Santa Cruz back out ,
a 25 %bigger special edition that would do,
anyway love it
thanks G but no the top ,is a nightmare,had it on an off,try doing it emty to get used to it but no so frustrating,
it was an other bowl,why bother,
so left it,be joining the woodscent
G
just as well bonfire nights over pmsl,
Pardon?

passenger

is this thing on?
I would not oil it. If you do, you have to look up which you can use - there is a chance the heat will sweat it out and vaporize in the pan. René and new guys use lineseed oil if I remember correctly. I don't think it's required to re-oil the classic and the one basic that I waxed I completely fucked up. The middle piece will build up residue over time. If you want to clean the inside, I prefer to use a brush with high percentage ethanol. It evaporates completely, I don't like the idea of putting ISO on wood...

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
A few days ago I dug out my old vapman for revisiting and fell fully in love with it again.
There is something incomparably satisfying about the quality of the hits, the flavor, and the full extraction without combustion.
I notice that the ABV I'm producing is much darker, almost burnt but not.
And like the MFLB, each hit is an accomplishment, and that's satisfying also.
However I find the hits from the vapman much more tasty and agreeable.
When available, I'm looking forward to buying a Station.

But I have a small issue. The mouthpiece is not at all removable, it's feels like glue and I'd like to give it a cleaning.
Does anyone have a suggestion how to loosen it for removal?
Thanks very much.

Abysmal Vapor

@jeffp You can try warming it up with a hairdrier. To be honest i wipe the mouthpiece of mine every 2 or 3 bowl,with a paper tissue soaked in ethanol,so i have never experieced such sticky situation :). I agree with you ,using the vapman is a satisfying ritual,gonna pull out mine too :). Cheers !

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
@jeffp You can try warming it up with a hairdrier. To be honest i wipe the mouthpiece of mine every 2 or 3 bowl,with a paper tissue soaked in ethanol,so i have never experieced such sticky situation :). I agree with you ,using the vapman is a satisying ritual,gonna pull out mine too :). Cheers !

Thank you, a hairdryer is a good idea, in fact it's good timing because my daughter is visiting in a few days and she always brings her hairdryer. :)
It's a very satisfying ritual, the vapman I think also gets me higher than any other vaporizer, including the Silver Surfer and Vapor Brothers, an incredible feat for a portable. The downside of course is running out of butane.

happynomoretobacco

Thank you, a hairdryer is a good idea, in fact it's good timing because my daughter is visiting in a few days and she always brings her hairdryer. :)
It's a very satisfying ritual, the vapman I think also gets me higher than any other vaporizer, including the Silver Surfer and Vapor Brothers, an incredible feat for a portable. The downside of course is running out of butane.
I dont like playing with the torch but i have to agree there is a special kind of medication with the little vapman.
Are there people which having the Station for some years - heavy using and still good working? its so expensive so i have to be sure stay long happy with it.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I dont like playing with the torch but i have to agree there is a special kind of medication with the little vapman.
Are there people which having the Station for some years - heavy using and still good working? its so expensive so i have to be sure stay long happy with it.
we'll see how it goes, but i intend now to spend alot of time with the vapman, if the Station is as well designed and constructed as the vapman it should last a lifetime.

Abysmal Vapor

I have always wondered if any of those old glass ball desktop vapes could be used as a heating station for the vapman ? Maybe the cup would have to be re-worked a bit or replaced with smth more appropriate. Also another idea is to take the heater cover of the station and put it on a 510 ceramic heater device like the E-match. Maybe we should figure a DIY way to the Station,for those on budget :)).
Vaporizer-VP800-.jpg
Alpinetop-eMATCH-Ceramic-Lighter_0039351e0981-1.jpg
11164747_1050841634929567_6414006671925351423_o.jpg

Last edited:

BeeSawd

Have you tried just heating the vape with the torch like you're going to take a hit and then just taking off the mouthpiece, wipe your screen often and it shouldn't happen again, I'd recommend maybe soaking the screen in iso after getting it open to get rid of the sticky reclaim.

Top Bottom