Vapman

Texus

I've also found that the round Sticky Brick O-rings (sorry not sure what size) work really nicely as a way of covering all three holes for a more instense drag, and can be rolled on and off for some easy feathering action. Otherwise a bit awkward to cover all 3 holes with fingers.

Texus,
Reactions: mixchu69

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I've also found that the round Sticky Brick O-rings (sorry not sure what size) work really nicely as a way of covering all three holes for a more instense drag, and can be rolled on and off for some easy feathering action. Otherwise a bit awkward to cover all 3 holes with fingers.
Get some toothpicks and break them off in 2/3 holes. It’s the perfect flow ratio in my opinion.

happynomoretobacco

I can choose between swiss and italian Version
Which should i prefer?
Also is in use/taste a different between classic and Basic/pure
Thx

Last edited:
happynomoretobacco,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
They are very nearly the same. There are minor differences, detailed in this thread, but I don't find they change the flavor or experience. However I only have Classics.

I suspect it comes down to what wood you would like. Italian is only olive wood right now, as far as I know.

That being said René is no longer making them and so the Swiss vapmans are limited.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
They are very nearly the same. There are minor differences, detailed in this thread, but I don't find they change the flavor or experience. However I only have Classics.

I suspect it comes down to what wood you would like. Italian is only olive wood right now, as far as I know.

That being said René is no longer making them and so the Swiss vapmans are limited.
Yeah very limited. There’s only one place I could still find swiss ones, and it was a very small vape shop based in South Africa. I waited 3 months for a walnut that I had ordered from them. Literally just came in last week.

happynomoretobacco

Yeah very limited. There’s only one place I could still find swiss ones, and it was a very small vape shop based in South Africa. I waited 3 months for a walnut that I had ordered from them. Literally just came in last week.
Is there an difference in woods?
Or just the look?

happynomoretobacco,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
Uhm, Verdampftnochmal still has some swiss made vapmans, if anyone's looking for them:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Uhm, Verdampftnochmal still has some swiss made vapmans, if anyone's looking for them:
I tried to order from them 2 months ago, and they said they no longer had stock. Strange.

Arawfish,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I tried to order from them 2 months ago, and they said they no longer had stock. Strange.
Kinda depends on what you tried to order, since they had every version listed as its own item listing. so you had a pear basic, pear classic, walnut classic, walnut basic, etc. they even had the swiss version with some endless knot branding that was only sold by them and it only went out of stock in the last few months.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Grass Yes,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
keep in mind that afaik one of the changes between the swiss and italian version is the bowl size, so old stations will not align properly with italian vapmans, because the position of the nozzles changed.

Spleeeno,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Choices

keep in mind that afaik one of the changes between the swiss and italian version is the bowl size, so old stations will not align properly with italian vapmans, because the position of the nozzles changed.
I wonder if they will offer both Station designs. That is a lot of market to disregard by not having compatibility with Swiss made models...

Choices,

Piet5

According to Rene (vapman) the bowl remains the same with the new design and it is compatible with the old stations.

This is correct, the new design will be compatible with the old station. As @Gourmet already mentioned, the components of the new design remain the same. There is only one small technical alteration. The distance between the base of the mid-section and the steel pins will be 1mm longer. This won't be a problem as mid-sections for the old design will still be available!:)

vapman

Last edited:

Piet5

Cant remember the specific timestamp when it happens but you can see how the italian vapman doesnt fit with the old station that Jerry has at some point ...
If you look around 1:10:30+ the vapman guys are giving a demo of the new vapman design with the old station (they mention that it's an 'old' station).

Gourmet

My new vapman fits perfectly on the previous station. This has been tested extensively. 😇 🥳 :party:

Tiroler_Vapman 01.JPG

(There have been very rare pieces in the past where the mica would edge a bit on the heater funnel (sits on the heater cartridge), but that was the old vapman version.)

Spleeeno

Horsin around
If you look around 1:10:30+ the vapman guys are giving a demo of the new vapman design with the old station (they mention that it's an 'old' station).
It's actually weirder than I remembered, after 01:16:30 you can see how Jerrys old vapman doesnt work on the old station but his italian vapman is the first one that makes temp control work with the station :hmm:

vandalizedbythelotus

gave up on the wire thing for blocking 2 ports, seems like it's all or nothing for me.
i prefer all 3 open for direct to lung draws, and i homemade this glass stem to penetrate the entire mid section enough to plug all 3 of them in 1 fell swoop. for mouth to er lung draws ...

later edit:
the italian just arrived! what a gem! did anyone else have mixed feelings about discarding tyrolian grass from the wooden box?

Last edited:
Top Bottom