Vapman

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Greetings Everyone, I wanted to share with you the rarest Vapman in existence. I have one and Michael has one. The two were made by Rene...the story starts about three years ago when Michael took a branch of Juniper from Sardinia and left it laying around his apartment. Rene took it back about two years ago and wanted to make at least 6 of them out of the piece of wood but, he was only able to make two. The aroma of the Juniper is sublime...it literally leaves an amazing scent...I am truly honored to have in my collection such a gem and I wanted to share these exclusive photos with you because I know some of you enjoy viewing the Vapman. I also have an image of my Boxtree wooden one, and my Greenheart which I think is gorgeous...please enjoy. Thank you.

Here is a photo of some of our Vapman's...my son has a few at his home as well...enjoy please.
toshiba satellite keyboard not working

Last edited:

warren0728

Greetings Everyone, I wanted to share with you the rarest Vapman in existence. I have one and Michael has one. The two were made by Rene...the story starts about three years ago when Michael took a branch of Juniper from Sardinia and left it laying around his apartment. Rene took it back about two years ago and wanted to make at least 6 of them out of the piece of wood but, he was only able to make two. The aroma of the Juniper is sublime...it literally leaves an amazing scent...I am truly honored to have in my collection such a gem and I wanted to share these exclusive photos with you because I know some of you enjoy viewing the Vapman. I also have an image of my Boxtree wooden one, and my Greenheart which I think is gorgeous...please enjoy. Thank you.

Here is a photo of some of our Vapman's...my son has a few at his home as well...enjoy please.
wow oh wow oh wow! all are beautiful! love that juniper vapman and the story behind it!

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Could you elaborate?

Avoid: Beech, Hemlock, Oak, Oleander, Quebracho, Redwood, Sassafras, and Yew (listed as carcinogens). A number of trees and shrubs contain toxins that are harmful to humans and should not be used for smoking. The toxins can survive the burning process and end up making you sick. Some of these plants include mangrove, poisonous walnut, tambootie, and laburnun.

Juniper wood is not considered toxic to make a pipe out of, but it might not be the best choice due to its potential to affect the taste of your smoke due to its strong flavor profile; most pipe makers would recommend using dedicated pipe woods...

Last edited:

farf

Smells like popcorn

This collection never ceases to amaze me. Well done and what an astounding setup!

René's handiwork is truly unmatched.

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

Avoid: Beech, Hemlock, Oak, Oleander, Quebracho, Redwood, Sassafras, and Yew (listed as carcinogens). A number of trees and shrubs contain toxins that are harmful to humans and should not be used for smoking. The toxins can survive the burning process and end up making you sick. Some of these plants include mangrove, poisonous walnut, tambootie, and laburnun.

Juniper wood is not considered toxic to make a pipe out of, but it might not be the best choice due to its potential to affect the taste of your smoke due to its strong flavor profile; most pipe makers would recommend using dedicated pipe woods...

Thank you for this.

Not many of these wood species ring a bell when it comes to vapman, except for yew offcourse.

I’m a bit baffled that Rene would use a dangerous type of wood. Or is the source you reference here specifically for smoking? Since vaping is 200degrees maximum, we should not worry?

PrematureEvaporation

Thank you for this.

Not many of these wood species ring a bell when it comes to vapman, except for yew offcourse.

I’m a bit baffled that Rene would use a dangerous type of wood. Or is the source you reference here specifically for smoking? Since vaping is 200degrees maximum, we should not worry?
I think Rene makes these exotic wood ones as more of an art piece than something to vape with. Most people seem to have the exotics for show and then vape with something more suitable like walnut or pear.

My rule of thumb has always been to only vape with wood from fruit trees and it’s yet to fail me. Exotic stuff is beautiful but not something I’d personally be prepared to risk a bad pulmonary reaction with

Gourmet

Most collectors have a heating station, so the heating of the wood is relatively low.
In addition, the wood is dried and protected by the mica.

I don't see any real danger with yew, because we don't eat it :D and the wood has little resin.

However, I have a cocobolo vapman without mica, which develops quite a strong scent when heated, which I don't like.
The cocobolo with mica, on the other hand, is no problem even for my sensitive airways.

And as a collector, I have enough other models for everyday use. After all, it was us (a small regional Swiss group of Vapman users) who gave René the cocobolo wood so that he could make a small special collector's edition from it.

In general, too resinous, strong-smelling woods are less suitable, but some woods are simply too beautiful not to be used.

PrematureEvaporation

Honestly I buy these to use them. And I don’t use a station since I vape outdoors.

Hope my yew and greenhorn won’t turn on me.
Generally speaking you’ll know if a wood doesn’t agree with you pretty early on, you’ll get a reaction. If you haven’t had one yet I’d say you’re probably fine.

Additionally, the wood tends to “sweat out” a lot of the irritant stuff with repeated heat cycles. I had a walnut stem which gave off a lot of stuff the first week. I kept wiping it off each time to extract it faster and within a week or so it had totally stopped.

Properly dried and finished wood shouldn’t have this issue anywhere near as much

PrematureEvaporation,
Reactions: Radwin Bodnic

Radwin Bodnic

Could you elaborate?
The air path of the Swiss vapman is raw wood. It will leak wood resin and tanins with heat. To my knowledge almost all woods have allergenic and/or toxic tannins. Some have toxic alkaloids like box tree.

Even the walnut have too much tannins to my taste. Even after hundreds of heat cycles it stays a little heavy on my throat.
The woods I'm the most confortable to vape from are pear and cherry. I guess apple should be fine too but I've never tried one. Although it's fruits are a little toxic, beech wood should be fine but again, I've never tried it.

There are quite a few juniper woods. The only one that is not toxic is Juniperus Communis. This one coming from Sardinia is most probably Juniperus Phoenicia, so probably a little toxic.

All in all cannabis is known to be a toxic substance so you shouldn't inhale its heated oils. ;)

Radwin Bodnic,

simba

@weedanwine
Are you sure cannabis is toxic? I know the smoke is, but that's because of combustion rather than any inherent toxicity of cannabis as I understand it.

simba,

vapman

Manufacturer
Exotics are magnificent. :luv:
it is a pity that almost all of them are too toxic to be functional..

Please let me put this in to perspective other wise it is just sensationalism!
I haven't met one person who didn't know that the yew tree is toxic. At the same time not one person knew specifics about it!

50 to 100 grams of the green leaves of the yew tree are a lethal dose for humans. Toxin is the activ ingredient and is also used in cancer drugs. The berries can be eaten but not the seeds! I regularly eat these berries when I come across of one of these very special trees. Now I'm coming to the point:
The green wood contains only 0.0006% of the poison of the green leaves! This means that you would have to eat 8333 to 16666 kilos (!!) of the green wood to reach a lethal dose. This is the reality and the right perspective! Now, I'm not even using the green wood, I'm using the dry wood, which contains even less toxin. The discussion about the toxicity of a yew tree Vapman becomes even more surreal when you consider that the user does not even eat the wood.
Did you think that carrot juice is thousands of times more toxic for humans than the wood of the yew tree? Certainly not but it is. Two glasses of carrot juice every day is already a serious health risk because of vtamin A overdose!

When I started making vaporizers, the health of the users was my first concern!

Thank you all,

René

Top Bottom