Vapman

Hi!

Anyone who has chosen Vapman as a daily driver and recently bought Tempest, any opinions on the new toy?
I got mixed feelings))

Reactions: farf

farf

Smells like popcorn
That two-tone one is lovely!
That one's yew! Probably the nicest texture out of the 4 woods pictured. Really fine grain and very high grit sanding make it feel like satin.

I was also very lucky in that René let me choose the exact one I wanted from the yew batch he had. I love how one side of the two tones lines up almost perfectly right down the center.

farf

Smells like popcorn
Hi!

Anyone who has chosen Vapman as a daily driver and recently bought Tempest, any opinions on the new toy?
I got mixed feelings))
I've been trying to find a good deal on a tempest just to try it out but I think I'm really satisfied with my BFG Dani 2.

I like really heavy hitters but the ritual and aesthetic of the Vapman and similar small dose or flavor chaser vaporizers are becoming more and more appealing to me every day.

Why would you say your feelings are mixed? In my opinion the two devices serve different purposes so it might be worth having both on hand but I'd like to hear your input.

Mickk

That one's yew! Probably the nicest texture out of the 4 woods pictured. Really fine grain and very high grit sanding make it feel like satin.

I was also very lucky in that René let me choose the exact one I wanted from the yew batch he had. I love how one side of the two tones lines up almost perfectly right down the center.

It's a stunner!

coolbreeze

Hi!

I got mixed feelings))
Tempest rocks. It sort of compliments a Vapman, being more convection-oriented, larger bowl, more result/less process oriented. I think I like the more open draw and intuitive heating of the Thermal Accumulators a little better but the Tempest isn't overly-tight, it's well-tuned. I find the indicators well-tuned too so use is dead simple and straightforward. It's a wonderful vape I could use daily but with no impact on my love or use of my Vapmans. It's just an additional good thing.

Radwin Bodnic

Hi!

I got mixed feelings))
I have a TA not a tempest. I like it a lot but what surprised me at first is the lack of efficiency in comparison to the Vapman. The vapman gets me higher than the TA with double the amount.

@farf , @coolbreeze
A lot of small and big differences between Tempest/Vapman and I never tried before to compare side by side two so effective vapes: one - full-conduction, another - full-convection;
so, most interesting discovery about type of high - vapman gives more settled high and tempest’s high is more psychedelic, more confusing (with high sativa strains).

The graph of Vapman on session mode: slow climbing to pick, long plato.
The graph of Tempest on session mode: Fast climbing to pick, punch, short plato.

@Radwin Bodnic
I didn’t notice double efficiency of Vapman, but it definitely hit harder.
BTW - Vapman doesn’t give clouds. From same amount, that Tempest create clouds, on Vapman it is barely visible. 15-20mg.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

@farf , @coolbreeze
A lot of small and big differences between Tempest/Vapman and I never tried before to compare side by side two so effective vapes: one - full-conduction, another - full-convection;
so, most interesting discovery about type of high - vapman gives more settled high and tempest’s high is more psychedelic, more confusing (with high sativa strains).

The graph of Tempest on session mode: Fast climbing to pick, punch, short plato.
I have a TA not a tempest. I like it a lot but what surprised me at first is the lack of efficiency in comparison to the Vapman. The vapman gets me higher than the TA with double the amount.
I agree. The brightness of the convection high is lovely while you're up and active. And the conduction high is such a nice winding-down. I also feel that the Vapman hits at least as hard for me, especially using the station for a really complete roast.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Vape comparisons in device threads tend to derail them, which is why they’re not allowed. This discussion deserves its own thread. So saying:

I chose an ebony Vapman over an ebony-stem Tempest bc its signature is more what I’m after these days: a rounder conduction high with full flavor from the slow heating and trace convection.

The Tempest uses mechanical complexity to achieve simplicity, while the Vapman achieves the same through thoughtful design. The minimal variables—flame size, placement, and duration—make usage intuitive once you get a feel for it. You do need to pay some attention, but I find the focus centering.

And then it kicks your ass.

borbjorbis

I agree. The brightness of the convection high is lovely while you're up and active. And the conduction high is such a nice winding-down. I also feel that the Vapman hits at least as hard for me, especially using the station for a really complete roast.
Just to chime in my own personal experience: I agree that Vapman high is more settled and less psychedelic, but I find that the Vapman high feels quite bright, in a way that's similar to the Tempest. In my own subjective experience, I would actually put brightness and psychedelic-ness on two different axes when describing signatures. They seem closely correlated, but there are exceptions. The Woodscents, for example, is super bright in a clear convection way, but rarely psychedelic for me. Wonder if anyone else feels similarly.

The Vapman signature has become my absolute favorite, because it's well-rounded conduction that nonetheless brings a good bit of the brightness I typically associate with convection vapes (and which I can't get out of the DV, for example), but without the psychedelic headiness, which I've come to dislike over the years as I've transitioned to microdosing. It's perfect for all times of day for me, except maybe right at the end of the night when I'll hit a DV for that extra stoniness.

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

Does anyone know where I’d source an OG Swiss walnut?

Not interested in the newer ones. Nothing against them, just the Swiss has a certain charm to it :)

PrematureEvaporation,

fangorn

fangorn,
  • Haha
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Which makes a lot of sense when it comes to traditional hash. Ime, and I'm not expert, convection gives a better flavour, but conduction makes for a better high.

PrematureEvaporation

Got in contact with Rene, I think I’ll be rejoining the vapman family before long!

Swiss walnut vapman availability confirmed and now in the process of saving a few weeks wage for it :)

It’s really cheap going direct to Rene as well, I had no idea you could do that. It’s like half the price of getting the comparable Italian vapman model online. What a guy!

Gourmet

It’s really cheap going direct to Rene as well, I had no idea you could do that. It’s like half the price of getting the comparable Italian vapman model online. What a guy!
Some may benefit from the fact that they can still obtain a Vapman from the previous era. René is still liquidating his remaining stock, he is not making a profit but is doing it for his customers. It has while it lasts, for those who like the first design!

The new South Tyrolean design is a little fresher, there is still a lot of emphasis on functionality, some details have been improved and you get a great and practical wooden packaging with it.

So there are good reasons to have the models from both production eras. :tup:

PrematureEvaporation

The new South Tyrolean design is a little fresher, there is still a lot of emphasis on functionality, some details have been improved and you get a great and practical wooden packaging with it.

So there are good reasons to have the models from both production eras.
:tup:

Agree with this. There’s nothing wrong with the newer ones, and quite a lot “better” in fact. For a lot of people the newer ones are a better choice purely for that easy clean vapour path, let alone the other additions.

I simply find that the Swiss have a certain charm and character to them which I don’t find as much in the newer ones. For all that’s been added it’s taken a little something away that I can’t quite describe, too high tech almost. But then I don’t even like the Mica shields on the Swiss, so I’m very simplistic when it comes to my taste in vapman

Top Bottom