Vapman

Hagbard

A question for the historians: does the “vapman” stencil without the “swiss made” underneath mean that it’s an earlier production run or later?

It’d be amazing if it’s one of the oldies but a great get either way. 👍

same question was wondering around my head as well... would be awesome if somebody has an answer! maybe the @vapman himself?

Vapologe

I recently recieved a Vapman 2.0 and i am very impressed by its eficiency!
only problem so far is that the metal mouthpiece gets hot pretty fast, faster than the WPA glass. I have looked for other mouthpieces but i could only find some for the 1.0 - do they fit?
what tipps/hacks/accessoires do you use to get the best out of it?

Vapologe,
Reactions: Dr. G

T9R

only problem so far is that the metal mouthpiece gets hot pretty fast, faster than the WPA glass.
Yeah metal isn't ideal IMO. Glass or POM work much better in this regard.

There are also wood options available, if you're interested.
I have looked for other mouthpieces but i could only find some for the 1.0 - do they fit?
The old mouthpieces do fit but they won't be compatible with the new air intake design on the 2.0 middlepiece, meaning it will stay fully open. There will also be a gap between the end of the steel inlay and the mouthpiece.

Hopefully there will be more 2.0 options available in the future.
what tipps/hacks/accessoires do you use to get the best out of it?
The heating station is honestly a great tool for beginners, despite the price tag saying otherwise, as it apart from being fool-proof also can "teach" you how to be a better torcher. At least for me, it really opened my eyes to how I could get the most out of a session in terms of temp stepping.

Electrofever

some information about the branding of the VM (hopefully I had bookmarked this one :brow: )

To answer your question I had to look in the old folders. This is what I found out according to the invoices from the manufacturer of the branding irons.

The "element" branding iron was purchased in 2005.

The "vapman" branding iron was purchased in August 2011.

The "vapman swiss made" branding iron was purchased in 2013.

Because the dates of purchase of the branding irons don't correspond with the dates of branding new series of vapman, it is well possible that after 2011 or 2013 there were still vapman with the previous branding for sale.

Around 2017 I stopped branding vapman all together because more and more customers did find that the branding is spoiling the wood grain.
I think the customers are right, vapman doesn't need branding. After this I branded vapman on explicit requests only.

In order to reduce the wear and tear of the middle section the heat protection ring was introduced in 2014. Now, you could install such ring on your worn out middle section and adjust the tension of the springs by yourself or simply order a new middle section from me. The good thing is, that the middle section is below 20mm diameter an can be shipped inexpensively as a letter. I hope I could help you with this, let me know and we'll find a way. :)

Thank you and a friendly hello to everyone,

René

peeeaace

IMG-2140.jpg
IMG-2139.jpg
IMG-2136.jpg
IMG-2138.jpg

Here are photos, of the gold version, and of my two new pieces obtained directly by going to see René.

It's okay, I can live in peace. These pieces are truly magnificent!

René is very kind, and took the time to tell me a bit of his story.

I am very grateful.

Last edited:

n0tu2

Nice collections! I only have just one 2.0 in Olive 😔 was thinking of another only because I leave it loaded and ready in its egg and then when the time comes the strain isn't the one I wanted at the moment, lol. Time for more ready-to-go vapmen...waiting for sales..

The only issue I got with it is the mica flakes off from time to time after doing hotter sessions.. been brushing it off and blowing flakes out from the sides. Not every time but every once in 10 bowls or so ill notice a tiny silver flake peeling back..eventually it falls off. Bowl and everything still looks brand new..still gold.. taking good care of it.. cleaning every 13 or so bowls..

Wondering if it's even possible to remove all the silverish mica without damage to the unit? I've read in past threads about using boiled linseed oil to make it sticky better.. Has anyone even done this? How do you apply it (tiny dabs w. a baby q-tip?) and how long before you can use the vapman after applying it.. Does it need to dry and soak in first?.. hot flame and breathin' vaporized linseed oil might not be a great idea.. not sure if it will effect taste..? let me know your thoughts on how to tackle this little issue.. I have the boiled linseed oil just hesitant to start the project and f it up.. 😊

Electrofever

unfortunately not that many special and beautiful wood types that some of you have but i am still very proud of my collection :)

Lovely collection
:rockon:
and thank you for sharing, you know all of us never get enough
:clap:
I am intrigued by the one on the top left, do you know what wood it is ?

Electrofever,

186°

unfortunately not that many special and beautiful wood types that some of you have but i am still very proud of my collection :)

It is a beautiful collection :love:
I'm curious, what's in the glass test tubes in the background? Is it vape related? Or just spices? It certainly looks nice, too. I have bought a bunch of test tubes a while ago to store my collection of herbs for vaping and tea, but despite my usual plan I didn't start vaping any other herbs than cannabis (because vaping thyme as a first try was a disaster), and, I found, test tubes are not practical at all for this and most plant materials that are in use.

Hagbard

It is a beautiful collection :love:
I'm curious, what's in the glass test tubes in the background? Is it vape related? Or just spices? It certainly looks nice, too. I have bought a bunch of test tubes a while ago to store my collection of herbs for vaping and tea, but despite my usual plan I didn't start vaping any other herbs than cannabis (because vaping thyme as a first try was a disaster), and, I found, test tubes are not practical at all for this and most plant materials that are in use.
its just spices from my wife in our kitchen...

Hagbard,
Reactions: Dr. G

186°

Nice collections! I only have just one 2.0 in Olive 😔 was thinking of another only because I leave it loaded and ready in its egg and then when the time comes the strain isn't the one I wanted at the moment, lol. Time for more ready-to-go vapmen...waiting for sales..

The only issue I got with it is the mica flakes off from time to time after doing hotter sessions.. been brushing it off and blowing flakes out from the sides. Not every time but every once in 10 bowls or so ill notice a tiny silver flake peeling back..eventually it falls off. Bowl and everything still looks brand new..still gold.. taking good care of it.. cleaning every 13 or so bowls..

Wondering if it's even possible to remove all the silverish mica without damage to the unit? I've read in past threads about using boiled linseed oil to make it sticky better.. Has anyone even done this? How do you apply it (tiny dabs w. a baby q-tip?) and how long before you can use the vapman after applying it.. Does it need to dry and soak in first?.. hot flame and breathin' vaporized linseed oil might not be a great idea.. not sure if it will effect taste..? let me know your thoughts on how to tackle this little issue.. I have the boiled linseed oil just hesitant to start the project and f it up.. 😊
Hi!
Sorry to hear that you have issues with the mica. I try not to touch it too much; if necessary with the brush, but no rush, very gently. When there are flakes chipping of, I slide it away with a toothpick (which I have always at hand). I'm afraid, the newer models might be more susceptible for flaking, but I don't know. From experience with my oldest Vapmans I can tell you that this problem will solve itself the longer you use it. 👉Vaping goo is good mica glue.
The mica will become slightly yellowish and stabilized by the resin. Use it upside down in a pipe occasionally so that the lower part gets its fair share of vaping goo, too :)

vapman

Manufacturer
same question was wondering around my head as well... would be awesome if somebody has an answer! maybe the @vapman himself?

Hi everyone!

Here is my answer to the question about the different brandings along the timeline. Since I can't remember exactly I checked the accounting to see when I ordered the different branding irons. It is understood that there is a lag between the actual branding and the sale of the units.

In the year 2005 I ordered the "element" branding iron.

In August 2011 the "vapman" iron was ordered.

From 2013 on I used the "vapman swiss made" iron.

Because more and more customers have told me that the branding disrupts the grain of the wood, I stopped branding altogether. Just recently a well known member of this forum asked me for a " vapman swiss made" branding on his vapman, so I did it for him.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

René

Vapologe

Yeah metal isn't ideal IMO. Glass or POM work much better in this regard.

There are also wood options available, if you're interested.

The old mouthpieces do fit but they won't be compatible with the new air intake design on the 2.0 middlepiece, meaning it will stay fully open. There will also be a gap between the end of the steel inlay and the mouthpiece.

Hopefully there will be more 2.0 options available in the future.

The heating station is honestly a great tool for beginners, despite the price tag saying otherwise, as it apart from being fool-proof also can "teach" you how to be a better torcher. At least for me, it really opened my eyes to how I could get the most out of a session in terms of temp stepping.
Thank you for the information!
I have noticed that my metal mouthpiece does not line with the metal tube an there’s a 2mm gab between them…

What is the best method to clean the bowl? I have tried q-tips with iso but I can’t fully clean the bowl. Any tips?
I have heard that the gold layer can flake of when the bowl gets to hot so glowing it out is not a good idea…

Vapologe,

Electrofever

Thank you for the information!
I have noticed that my metal mouthpiece does not line with the metal tube an there’s a 2mm gab between them…

What is the best method to clean the bowl? I have tried q-tips with iso but I can’t fully clean the bowl. Any tips?
I have heard that the gold layer can flake of when the bowl gets to hot so glowing it out is not a good idea…

There are a few ways to clean your VM :

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The other day I had more experience in cleaning heavily used Vapmans that have hardly ever been cleaned.
The tools used were Magic Eraser sponge, brush, wooden skewers and toothpicks, methylated spirits or isopropylene alcohol,
cotton swabs, pipe cleaners, a fine screwdriver (for the filter),
and scalpel knife for very badly stuck areas. (veeeeeeeery carefully! :D)

If the brass tubes are clogged, a sewing needle and heating the vapman beforehand will help.

The mouthpieces (POM, glass, metal) and filters float in alcohol for a few hours before mechanical cleaning.

Or more exotics :
Cleaning with mustard powder.

1. Put gloves. Mustard eats skin.
2. Mix mustard powder with water - get something like toothpaste.
3. Apply on pan. Thin layer. Avoid to put inside of nozzles. (It’s very difficult to wash it. If you are not so accurate avoid this cleaning technique. Burning leftovers of mustard inside of nozzles - you don’t need it)
4. Wait 1 hour.
5. Wipe the mustard paste. (Nozzles!!!! Careful!!!)
6. Scratch the dirt with wooden something small and sharpened.
7. Wipe the leftovers with small wet cloth. (Around the nozzles!).
8. Repeat “7” until the pan completely clean from mustard paste. If you not so sure, that you completely cleaned the mustard - wipe with alcohol pad in the end - after - wipe alcohol with wet cloth - make one heating round without weed.

Done.

Whole cleaning process about 1.5 hour (1 hour of waiting).

Cleaning the filter - the same idea.

Scratching with wooden stick is essential. And it doesn’t scratch the pan.

Mustard powder made 100% of mustard seeds - the greenest cleaning solution.

If you have better way to clean - I will be happy to know - avoiding nozzles is pain in the ass.

E17492-C0-7-C8-A-42-E0-82-EE-E8-D9-E023-A4-BD.png

E8-BA2-FE6-EEF6-420-B-A21-F-54-A0-FD7-CE7-F9.png

4-FBF85-C6-D9-A5-48-F0-B5-EC-4730-C4-CD327-A.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom