Vapman

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Hi everyone!

Here is my answer to the question about the different brandings along the timeline. Since I can't remember exactly I checked the accounting to see when I ordered the different branding irons. It is understood that there is a lag between the actual branding and the sale of the units.

In the year 2005 I ordered the "element" branding iron.

In August 2011 the "vapman" iron was ordered.

From 2013 on I used the "vapman swiss made" iron.

Because more and more customers have told me that the branding disrupts the grain of the wood, I stopped branding altogether. Just recently a well known member of this forum asked me for a " vapman swiss made" branding on his vapman, so I did it for him.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

René
...this is one of the main reasons I love Vapman. There is a wonderful connection we have with the person that has designed and created this wonderful vape.

What an honor. Thank you for posting Rene. We so appreciate your time. Thank you.

imor jones

Hey guys, are u using your vapman with this twisted cooling spiral in the mouthpiece? Every vapman comes with it, right?
Because in mine vapman 2.0 there was no spiral inside.
The funny thing is, that i wrote to them a few times about that. And they were just answering. That they are sorry, that there was none. Without the offer to send me a replacement. Isnt't strange?

Radwin Bodnic

Hey guys, are u using your vapman with this twisted cooling spiral in the mouthpiece? Every vapman comes with it, right?
Because in mine vapman 2.0 there was no spiral inside.
The funny thing is, that i wrote to them a few times about that. And they were just answering. That they are sorry, that there was none. Without the offer to send me a replacement. Isnt't strange?
Was it the special edition with wooden mouthpiece ? If so i don't think the spiral would fit the wooden mouthpiece.

If not just ask them for a replacement.

Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: Dr. G
blocking nozzles with toothpicks
Actually, blocking nozzles with toothpicks make the mustard to get inside of nozzles: wood of toothpicks get wet of mustard, so in this case you must clean inside of tubes.
Another issue with toothpicks - applying mustard around the toothpicks - kind of pain in the ass.

So, no toothpicks. Don’t make mustard too liquid. After applying mustard, put the vapman upside down, so the mustard will not move to nozzles.
And first time just don’t put mustard around nozzles - leave 1mm safe area - just to understand how it work. Basically, it’s pretty easy. More complicate to explain, then to perform.

BTW, forgot to mention - it’s must be 100% mustard powder with water only.
Regular mustard may content vinegar or some acid.

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
My ebony Vapman arrived yesterday and was cleaned and I've had a few bowls in it 😁 it's amazing!

Looks and feels beautiful, not much more to be said. It's stunning!

Now that I've got two Vapmans it means one can become the hash Vapman 😏 just need to get the concentrate screen.

I also got the Vapman grinder, I can see why René chose not to release them properly. If anyone wants mine then DM me about it, as I don't need a grinder I'm never going to use 😂

warren0728

My ebony Vapman arrived yesterday and was cleaned and I've had a few bowls in it 😁 it's amazing!

Looks and feels beautiful, not much more to be said. It's stunning!

Now that I've got two Vapmans it means one can become the hash Vapman 😏 just need to get the concentrate screen.

I also got the Vapman grinder, I can see why René chose not to release them properly. If anyone wants mine then DM me about it, as I don't need a grinder I'm never going to use 😂
thats a beauty!

ATLelbow

...this is one of the main reasons I love Vapman. There is a wonderful connection we have with the person that has designed and created this wonderful vape.

What an honor. Thank you for posting Rene. We so appreciate your time. Thank you.
I got a hornbeam and it is beautiful. All vapmans are unbelievable. My favorite personal belongings are my vapmans.

A question for the historians: does the “vapman” stencil without the “swiss made” underneath mean that it’s an earlier production run or later?

It’d be amazing if it’s one of the oldies but a great get either way.

Nice collections! I only have just one 2.0 in Olive 😔 was thinking of another only because I leave it loaded and ready in its egg and then when the time comes the strain isn't the one I wanted at the moment, lol. Time for more ready-to-go vapmen...waiting for sales..

The only issue I got with it is the mica flakes off from time to time after doing hotter sessions.. been brushing it off and blowing flakes out from the sides. Not every time but every once in 10 bowls or so ill notice a tiny silver flake peeling back..eventually it falls off. Bowl and everything still looks brand new..still gold.. taking good care of it.. cleaning every 13 or so bowls..

Wondering if it's even possible to remove all the silverish mica without damage to the unit? I've read in past threads about using boiled linseed oil to make it sticky better.. Has anyone even done this? How do you apply it (tiny dabs w. a baby q-tip?) and how long before you can use the vapman after applying it.. Does it need to dry and soak in first?.. hot flame and breathin' vaporized linseed oil might not be a great idea.. not sure if it will effect taste..? let me know your thoughts on how to tackle this little issue.. I have the boiled linseed oil just hesitant to start the project and f it up.. 😊
Mica will last forever id say. I've had vapman I've burned hot as heck and it's fine after 10 yrs. Gold bowl gets worn out, but mica settles in. I think mine may be flaked early on, but kind of formed a homogeneous surface. I look forward to getting a newer version as mine is an older model and I need to try one out. I can't get enough of these things.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Is that a REAL SPIDER WEB?????? That is a cool fucking photo....I LOVE IT>

What Vapman is that one? A beauty.
Indeed a true spider web! It was a very foggy morning and the little drops collecting on the web were what prompted me to take the shot.
(Hopefully no one is offended by me taking a picture in a graveyard… it seems to have angered the Reddit folks)

It’s a Boxtree made by René! The first Vapman I ever got.

Dr. G

Indeed a true spider web! It was a very foggy morning and the little drops collecting on the web were what prompted me to take the shot.
(Hopefully no one is offended by me taking a picture in a graveyard… it seems to have angered the Reddit folks)

It’s a Boxtree made by René! The first Vapman I ever got.
First of all, Rene is the bomb...I love the Boxtree I have one myself and love it. I mean look at how beautiful that looks...

Why would ANYONE get upset about this photo and where it was taken...no one there is going to object. Anyway, the spider web looks like its fake its so perfect.

Anyway, I always thought that the Vapman is a very spiritual vape...it is a perfect environment....enjoy your Boxtree its beautiful. The photo is super...the Vapman is small but, as mighty as those columns.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I couldn't resist....
Picked up for €65 all in. Based on info on here it was made between 2012 and 2014 with the 'vapman' stamp and no heat shield (hs, the metal ring under filter of mid section was introduced in 2014 I believe).
Arrived dirty so clean up done (acetone on the middle piece, iso for metal filter and then bicarbonate for gold pan (better than meat condiments imo :brow:)).
Pan is marked with light scratches but no damage to the gold itself.
Very pleased with my purchase.

I'm assuming it's Pear. Can one of the gurus please confirm

Last edited:

T9R

I'm assuming it's Pear.
Great score! Pear, 100%. Would love for it to come back sometime in a 2.0 version - kind of full circle.

Edit: Eggs with that branding on them can probably also be considered OG Vapman items. Don't know the time span though. Maybe if we'd have that book/e-museum that @Dr. G keeps talking about... :D

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Great score! Pear, 100%. Would love for it to come back sometime in a 2.0 version - kind of full circle.
Thanks!
It's so much nicer in person. Pictures just don't do it justice once in hand.
Edit: Eggs with that branding on them can probably also be considered OG Vapman items. Don't know the time span though. Maybe if we'd have that book/e-museum that @Dr. G keeps talking about... :D
Interesting. Yeah, an accurate depiction of the various iterations would be very interesting. I suspect @Dr. G has most of the versions!

Dr. G

I couldn't resist....
Picked up for €65 all in. Based on info on here it was made between 2012 and 2014 with the 'vapman' stamp and no heat shield (hs introduced in 2014 I believe).
Arrived dirty so clean up done (acetone on the middle piece, iso for metal filter and then bicarbonate for gold pan (better than meat condiments imo :brow:)).

S C O R E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a beauty....LOVE IT....Old and classy...Vapman just rocks. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Michael, David, and Rene...

Vapman fans need a book or part of the website to talk about different woods of the past...more history. More photos of Vapman's from the past. Listen fellas...we are like Vapman Gangsters that want more.

Please....many of us just like looking at them.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
No heat shield (hs introduced in 2014 I believe).
Def looks like there’s mica on that one, down to the screws holding it in place. Or were you referring to something else?

Either way, a great pick-up. And now the branded egg has been revealed, adding a new challenge for the completionist collectors out there!

One thing I dig about the Vapman is how durable it is, given a bit of basic care. Your ten-year old vape probably works as well as the day it was made. 👍

farf

Smells like popcorn
Want to throw my hat in as someone who just got their first (but most definitely NOT last) Vapman; what a phenomenal little device. Thanks to the member of the exchange that gave me a great deal on a Swiss made Vapman with all the goodies included.

Everything from the device to the wooden case and even the little egg it comes in is phenomenally designed. Broke the entire thing down once it was in hand and did a thorough cleaning and some very light 400 grit sanding of the interior walls (there was a little char but nothing major) and it's almost brand spanking new after a little oil/wax.

Big kudos to Rene for designing such a superb piece of gear. Can't wait to get my hands on a few more in some exotic woods in the near future (if anyone has any leads or is willing to part with one specifically in pear or some kind of burl please feel free to message me)

Cheers, everyone!

Edit: Not the best formatting but here's the walnut set that's been the center of attention for a couple days!

Last edited:

Hagbard

I couldn't resist....
Picked up for €65 all in. Based on info on here it was made between 2012 and 2014 with the 'vapman' stamp and no heat shield (hs, the metal ring under filter of mid section was introduced in 2014 I believe).

can you tell us more about that bicarbonate cleaning? how applied, how done and so on... sounds interesting :)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
can you tell us more about that bicarbonate cleaning? how applied, how done and so on... sounds interesting :)

Yep. It's v easy.and v effective.

I mix up a small amount of bicarbonate soda with drops of water until I have a thick paste (I use an egg cup or shot glass).

Go easy on the water, it requires v little. If too much water simply add more bicarbonate until you have the desired paste.

Apply to gold bowl. I use a dab tool spoon end but whatever you have handy. Take care not to push any over the edge. You want to avoid getting the Micra/wood wet. Don't worry about the air holes. I've never blocked them and a fine piece of wire will clear them if required (or a good breath blow normally does it).

For a heavily soiled bowl I leave overnight. Or a few hours normally does the trick for lighter cleaning requirements.

Remove carefully. I hold it upside down over empty sink and let gravity help. It may have developed a crust making it easier to remove.

If any bicarb gets over the side of the bowl and sits between the bowl and main body I blow from the heating side and that removes anything.

A wooden tool may be required to remove any stubborn stains or simply repeat the process.

I finally give the bowl a wipe with a damp cotton bud, followed by a bud with iso (or equivalent) and the bowl should be shiny shiny.....

Hope that helps. Considering your extensive (and enviable) collection it may be best to order a lorry load of bicarb. Should last you a few weeks then :rofl:

Hagbard

Yep. It's v easy.and v effective.

I mix up a small amount of bicarbonate soda with drops of water until I have a thick paste (I use an egg cup or shot glass).

Go easy on the water, it requires v little. If too much water simply add more bicarbonate until you have the desired paste.

Apply to gold bowl. I use a dab tool spoon end but whatever you have handy. Take care not to push any over the edge. You want to avoid getting the Micra/wood wet. Don't worry about the air holes. I've never blocked them and a fine piece of wire will clear them if required (or a good breath blow normally does it).

For a heavily soiled bowl I leave overnight. Or a few hours normally does the trick for lighter cleaning requirements.

Remove carefully. I hold it upside down over empty sink and let gravity help. It may have developed a crust making it easier to remove.

If any bicarb gets over the side of the bowl and sits between the bowl and main body I blow from the heating side and that removes anything.

A wooden tool may be required to remove any stubborn stains or simply repeat the process.

I finally give the bowl a wipe with a damp cotton bud, followed by a bud with iso (or equivalent) and the bowl should be shiny shiny.....

Hope that helps. Considering your extensive (and enviable) collection it may be best to order a lorry load of bicarb. Should last you a few weeks then :rofl:
:love:
thanks my dude!!!

Hagbard,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
Top Bottom