Vapman

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
getting a little frustrated. My order from 5/26 still has not shipped. I rec'd an IG message from someone at nowinhale saying it was the USA distributor who has not processed my order but that was two days ago and still nothing. And I was contemplating ordering an Olive wood VM as well as the amaranth lotus with case. now I'm rethinking that decision and considering other vapes instead.

Dr. G

Old Resident
getting a little frustrated. My order from 5/26 still has not shipped. I rec'd an IG message from someone at nowinhale saying it was the USA distributor who has not processed my order but that was two days ago and still nothing. And I was contemplating ordering an Olive wood VM as well as the amaranth lotus with case. now I'm rethinking that decision and considering other vapes instead.
You must write to David and Michael...I just received a 46 second VM from them for something. Something is up with the distribution in the US...could be the weather as well. There has been storms...delaying things. Sometimes these delays happen and fuck things up. I really think everything will be ok...its just caught up in a snag.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I just received an email from the guys for something else. They said there was something going on with the machines and apologized for the delay. If you reached out to them, perhaps give them another bump, I'm sure they are catching up. They are very generous with their communication, but sometimes things happen. Good luck!

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Question for the experts: how do you attain dark brown ABV, or should I even bother to try? Without being too aggressive my ABV is often almost charred but not burned. It’s like pre-ash in its early stages.

The firing technique is 3 rounds of two seconds with the tip of the aura touching the bottom center point. Is it better to touch the tip of the blue, or the aura tip which seems to be the most effective firing point. Thanks!

Radwin Bodnic

Question for the experts: how do you attain dark brown ABV, or should I even bother to try? Without being too aggressive my ABV is often almost charred but not burned. It’s like pre-ash in its early stages.

The firing technique is 3 rounds of two seconds with the tip of the aura touching the bottom center point. Is it better to touch the tip of the blue, or the aura tip which seems to be the most effective firing point. Thanks!

I usually shorten the heating timing as I work my way through the sesh'. By the end I often get at least two pulls between each heatings. I generally don't get up to charring.
The micro dosing sieve is a good way to easily achieve dark avb without charring.

coolbreeze

I always torch so that blue touches gold, or almost. I usually do 3 2-second blasts, too (4 on the first round). But you can try 4 or 5 1 second blasts, etc, easing up as the bowl progresses. This is with the inner flame the length of the pan's width and back-to-back hits. Mine will get darkish brown but I go til it's done.

I'd just mess around a bit. Inhale's Reddit has a recipe book of timings. I'm kind of amazed at the variations in heating techniques. @Custom Flower Hardware heats in a single blast of several seconds and comes out with even-looking avb.

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

I always torch so that blue touches gold, or almost. I usually do 3 2-second blasts, too (4 on the first round). But you can try 4 or 5 1 second blasts, etc, easing up as the bowl progresses. This is with the inner flame the length of the pan's width. Mine will get darkish brown but I go til it's done.

I'd just mess around a bit. Inhale's Reddit has a recipe book of timings. I'm kind of amazed at the variations in heating techniques. @Custom Flower Hardware heats in a single blast of several seconds and comes out with even-looking avb.
I think it really depends on curing.
If I'm doing @Custom Flower Hardware method with super dry bud it will charr on the first heating. With dank sticky bud I can be super agressive like him. From his videos with various units I can tell that his material is usually super dank and can withstand aggressive heating, but depending on your material (and grind) it can be unsatisfying. :2c:

Last edited:

Mickk

I picked up a "factory second" heating station. The box inlay is torn, but that is the only thing that showed that it wasnt a brand new unit. The unit is in perfect shape, with no noticeable flaws

Shoutout to the Vapman team for offering these factory seconds at a good price 🙌

That said, I would love a portable solution, for electrical heating on the go :D

Dr. G

Old Resident
I picked up a "factory second" heating station. The box inlay is torn, but that is the only thing that showed that it wasnt a brand new unit. The unit is in perfect shape, with no noticeable flaws

Shoutout to the Vapman team for offering these factory seconds at a good price 🙌

That said, I would love a portable solution, for electrical heating on the go :D
Factory second units are usually new units that have flaws...I do not think it is a used unit?

Dr. G

Old Resident
That was also my thought, but when I saw that the cardboard on the inside was ripped, I thought it might have been a returned unit that got checked/refurbished and sold again

Either way, I'm happy with my purchase :-)
I would want to clarify...I think we need to clarify this with them...if they are used it should say so...they can say its 'lightly used'. But, perhaps because the box was flawed it became a second. Either way....ENJOY YOUR PURCHASE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolbreeze

Blue Dreamy morning--cheers!
IMG-8142.jpg

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Am really considering the station (when will it end?)........

Seems to be some mixed opinions on here and elsewhere.

I'm loving my growing collection and am happy enough with the torch lighter.
But I like the idea of easy and quiet heating. A more relaxed approach. More standard/predictable results.

For example, I never really got on with the dynavap until I got an induction heater. Completely changed the experience for me and I now love the DV hit/high. No spinning and noisy lighters disturbing the bosses beauty sleep!

Chilling with a film and a vapman with station seems perfect.

So my question. Does the station offer similar hits and variety (e.g. duration of heating) as a torch does, just with the added convenience?

Do any station users feel they could have stuck with the torch and saved several hundred of £/$/€?

Or is the general consensus that the station is fantastic and the torches have been confined to the draw/only come out for mobile usage?

I'm happy to spend the money (am looking at the 2nds) but don't want to end up with a very expensive but redundant heater whilst I go back to butane.

I use my vapmans (vapmen?) with both flower and hash. Really really love the hash aspect though....

Would appreciate any thoughts/views.

Cheers

jbm

But I like the idea of easy and quiet heating. A more relaxed approach. More standard/predictable results.

For example, I never really got on with the dynavap until I got an induction heater. Completely changed the experience for me and I now love the DV hit/high. No spinning and noisy lighters disturbing the bosses beauty sleep!

So my question. Does the station offer similar hits and variety (e.g. duration of heating) as a torch does, just with the added convenience?

Do any station users feel they could have stuck with the torch and saved several hundred of £/$/€?

Or is the general consensus that the station is fantastic and the torches have been confined to the draw/only come out for mobile usage?

I'm happy to spend the money (am looking at the 2nds) but don't want to end up with a very expensive but redundant heater whilst I go back to butane.

I use my vapmans (vapmen?) with both flower and hash. Really really love the hash aspect though....

Cheers
I spent yesterday using the station at 3.5 (out of 9) with an applewood and a Swiss endless knot. It was lovely. Solid, cumulative hits yet gentle. Visible vapor, but no big clouds mostly. Very relaxing high. I’d buy a station if I were you, a session has a good satisfying rhythm and I was getting good vapor at a pretty low setting.

These guys:

Last edited:

mixchu69

Cheers
I’m in the same boat as you, but am tempted by the station and vm2 for $456

coolbreeze

I spent yesterday using the station at 3.5 (out of 9) with an applewood and a Swiss endless knot. It was lovely. Solid, cumulative hits yet gentle. Visible vapor, but no big clouds mostly. Very relaxing high. I’d buy a station if I were you, a session has a good satisfying rhythm and I was getting good vapor at a pretty low setting.
Couldn't agree more. It hasn't relegated the torch to the drawer but I can see how it might. Both still have their pleasures. The one caveat is that watching a movie with it could be frustrating: you have to catch the green light, let the heat build, get back to it before it times out, etc. For me it's best to take a moment out and have a session, but it may be manageable if you get used to doing it--I'm too easily distracted. Makes Vapman much more shareable, too.

I think the only disappointment an experienced Vapper might have is if the heater pole is off-center, leading to the uneven heating issue. Get your pole together and things get fun! ; )

186°

Cheers

I'm just super happy with my station. I don't regret spending that much money, at all. I want to use it all the time and the only annoying aspect of it is, that I cannot take it everywhere I want to. I would say there is also a bit of a learning curve for using the station in a way that several wishes can be met. It is very easy to use it for soft hits. Put it in, wait for the green light and your good to go. But it is also possible to double heat, put your Vapman on a bong and take a long cloudy hit. Sometimes I even use the lighter in addition to make such a big hit with the bong even bigger. The only reason I can think of why I wouldn't recommend the station would be that it makes me worry that it goes out of stock again for years and I cannot buy a second one because you bought it after my recommendation.

the_hexx

Team Hash
Another vote for the station. It’s a typical case of buy once, cry once. Essential? No. But super nice to have if you like your Vapmans.

You probably know this already, but in case you go for it make sure to use the code ‘thanksfuckcombustion’, which will bring a factory second down to ~220 euro shipped.

Radwin Bodnic

I might be the only one that sent back his station and didn't asked for a replacement.

The station worked very well, perfect for flower @3 on the dial, the only issue was the jack socket disconnecting itself very often with minor movements of the unit. Considering the price, it was enough for me to return it.

In the end I realized that after 10+ years of use, the torch is just much more intuitive to me. I don't count, I don't have to wait for a light to change color, it's much faster to operate and yet easier to modulate... I've been wanting a station but hadn't the money to afford the black one when it was available.
And when it finally comes back (in green suit), I found it inferior to the torch. And too slow.

:2c:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I said before in a post that the new Vapman's were the only ones that worked on my Station superbly...that was false. The OG Vapman's work outstanding as well on my Station...it is perfect. I enjoy my Vapman Station right by my computer while I am working...here are some photos of my Celtic Knot with a very nice mouth piece from The Rogue Wax Works from long ago...

That one works very well in my water bong...

Seinen

Cheers
If you're an aggressive heater with the Vapman (I guess mainly for hash use) I wouldn't recommend the Station but if you enjoy chilling through a session and sipping I'd say go for it !

Top Bottom