Vapman

jbm

I said before in a post that the new Vapman's were the only ones that worked on my Station superbly...that was false. The OG Vapman's work outstanding as well on my Station...it is perfect. I enjoy my Vapman Station right by my computer while I am working...here are some photos of my Celtic Knot with a very nice mouth piece from The Rogue Wax Works from long ago...

That one works very well in my water bong...
I have a couple of the acrylic versions of these and they’re great through water. I’m really enjoying using Dynabox DV stem adapters and Glass Charlie DV stems with o-rings blocking the carbs. Cool, delicious vapor. The Endless Knot is really terrific.

Dr. G

Old Resident
If you have Vapman and enjoy Vapman and Vapman is a large part of your circulation...you need a Station. It just completes things...I would NOT want to miss this again...also, they have models at reduced rates. There is just so much pleasure in having one. Right now, I put Northern Lights in the Vapman...just a few hairs...and I am STONED! It is the most amazing microdose around. I really want to buy another one just in case...

I also, keep it right below 3 and have a good four hits with it. Enjoy everyone.

PS Hello JBM...The Rogue Wax Works had the acrylic ones...yes, very nice. This one is part of a series he did in wood. I love them. Also, question. What happens to your Station when you leave it on and you do not use it...mine, the light goes off. I have to literally turn it on and off again. Does this happen to you?

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yes, this is the intended behavior. It has auto-off, my guess it’s about 15 minutes.
Thank you. I was wondering about that. Perhaps that can be improved. I am very distracted sometimes because of my work and I leave it on too long inbetween hits...when I am ready to go back to it...it has no light so I assume always that it is shut off but, the switch then in the back does not match with what is happening...Perhaps there should be another light? A stand-by light? A haptic? Indicating That its time to shut down soon....

MrGreenspoon

Am really considering the station (when will it end?)........

Seems to be some mixed opinions on here and elsewhere.

I'm loving my growing collection and am happy enough with the torch lighter.
But I like the idea of easy and quiet heating. A more relaxed approach. More standard/predictable results.

For example, I never really got on with the dynavap until I got an induction heater. Completely changed the experience for me and I now love the DV hit/high. No spinning and noisy lighters disturbing the bosses beauty sleep!

Chilling with a film and a vapman with station seems perfect.

So my question. Does the station offer similar hits and variety (e.g. duration of heating) as a torch does, just with the added convenience?

Do any station users feel they could have stuck with the torch and saved several hundred of £/$/€?

Or is the general consensus that the station is fantastic and the torches have been confined to the draw/only come out for mobile usage?

I'm happy to spend the money (am looking at the 2nds) but don't want to end up with a very expensive but redundant heater whilst I go back to butane.

I use my vapmans (vapmen?) with both flower and hash. Really really love the hash aspect though....

Would appreciate any thoughts/views.

Cheers
I like my station for weed and hash. Yes with hash you have to reheat a few times but I love it. It's tasty, I get good vapor the hash is fully extracted and I like the ritual.

If you want a more aggressive heating just ignore the light of the station and time your reheats as you would do it with the torch where you have no indicator.(counting or something like that) You still have to heat the vapman longer than with a torch that is fact.

As I mentioned above I like the ritual with the station and the ritual is why I don't use the vapman and station while watching movies or during discussions because it happens a lot that I forget the vapman on the station while it's heating. I think consuming cannabis contributes its part :rofl::science:

Love my station and don't regret the purchase at all.

the_hexx

Team Hash
I like my station for weed and hash. Yes with hash you have to reheat a few times but I love it. It's tasty, I get good vapor the hash is fully extracted and I like the ritual.

If you want a more aggressive heating just ignore the light of the station and time your reheats as you would do it with the torch where you have no indicator.(counting or something like that) You still have to heat the vapman longer than with a torch that is fact.

As I mentioned above I like the ritual with the station and the ritual is why I don't use the vapman and station while watching movies or during discussions because it happens a lot that I forget the vapman on the station while it's heating. I think consuming cannabis contributes its part :rofl::science:

Love my station and don't regret the purchase at all.
Spot on. And just to clarify RE hash use, the Station won't give you huge hash rips right out of the gate, it does get a while to get there (also with flower, but even more with hash). But I am personally always prone to overheating when using a torch with hash and butane vapes, so it happens that I get to the roasty hash taste sooner that I'd like and of course the Station alleviates that. It's really nice to just sit back, take a few extra-flavourful hash hits that barely produce any vapor (but do produce effects), and then at the 5th puff or so taking a big hit and looking in disbelief at how you got there.

If intended for hash use I'd also recommend asking the guys to calibrate it to to run hotter, even though I'm a bit confused about that as anecdotally people who asked for this seem in cases to have 'colder' Stations than others who didn't. It's a mystery but I guess one would have to try a calibrated and non-calibrated Station back to back to find out what's really going on.

Mickk

Hello vapman family, I just spent the hole day testing all stations with different vapmans to really find out what could be the problem here.

1. I have checked several docking parts and I can assure that they are the same, so no issue there.
2. Each station is calibrated by me and David to the exact same temperature +/- 2C, so it cant be a calibration issue.

So i came to the conclusion that it can only be a positioning problem of the vapman on the docking part.
This can either be caused by a damaged vapman, i.e. a vapman where the pan no longer sits straight in the grip ring due to a bump or similar, causing the vapman to touch the edge of the heating station.
Or the docking part is not perfectly centered and the vapman is not sitting straight because it is touching the outside edge.
Of course, it can also be the case that the vapman is not placed right in its position or is placed on the station at an angle, but than the user is the issue.

we have manually aligned each heating station with the vapman and tightened the screws very firmly, but i would still ask you to check these two variables on your heating station/vapman.

If the docking part is not centered causing the vapman touch the edge of the heating station, there is a simple solution.

1. open the 3 screws by one turn
2. center the docking part by moving it to the appropriate position
3. switch on the station, allow it to heat up and then tighten the screws.

hope this helps! :)
Thanks a lot for the instructions, this helped me to center the post in a very easy way :-)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Thanks FC for the comments/thoughts on the station.
Really appreciated.
The deed has been done. Factory 2nd ordered!

Recently received my ebony vapman from René. First pure for me so will save for the station I think.

Here are some pics. Beautiful!
I think I may name her 'Betty'

Whoa Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Go Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Yo really gets me high, bam-ba-lam

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Recently received my ebony vapman from René. First pure for me so will save for the station I think.

Congrats ... and Betty sure is pretty :love:

I'm lucky as well as it'll be the second Father's Day in a row receiving a vapman from my wife and son. Last year it was my italian olivewood pure, Apollonia aka "Espresso Crema". This year, René also cooked up for me, a Swiss made Ebony Pure (in us customs almost here). What better chaser to an espresso is there than a little black sambucca ...

Enjoy my friend

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thanks FC for the comments/thoughts on the station.
Really appreciated.
The deed has been done. Factory 2nd ordered!

Whoa Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Go Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Yo really gets me high, bam-ba-lam
Betty is gorgeous...enjoy your Station and Vapman...great choice! I love your Vapman. Enjoy!

Mickk

Dang, I made this adjustment but I moved the post and retightened the screws while the station was off. I wonder if I should do it again?
I think you should, otherwise you're not gonna un-see it not being totally centered

I checked the position for all 3 ways you can place the Vapman in the station. Then I tightened the screws very carefully, trying not to move the post. Once it was screwed in, I tried putting the Vapman in all 3 ways again, to make sure it was still centered

jbm

I think you should, otherwise you're not gonna un-see it not being totally centered

I checked the position for all 3 ways you can place the Vapman in the station. Then I tightened the screws very carefully, trying not to move the post. Once it was screwed in, I tried putting the Vapman in all 3 ways again, to make sure it was still centered
It is centered now, I just tightened the screws with the station off. I wonder if that makes a difference.

coolbreeze

If intended for hash use I'd also recommend asking the guys to calibrate it to to run hotter, even though I'm a bit confused about that as anecdotally people who asked for this seem in cases to have 'colder' Stations than others who didn't. It's a mystery
I think there's a good chance that the 'colder' stations actually work fine, it's just that the off-center pole is holding the Vapman slight unevenly on the pole, so it's barely touching the wall keeping it from settling into the heater completely. I think this because that was a symptom of a couple of my VMs that didn't fit well: they would heat, just very unevenly and usually in a fashion that suggested the temps were off. With a good fit my station performs very well for hash and it has not been recalibrated.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think that perhaps a good help video should be done...it seems like its an easy fix and it can happen to anyone of us. I certainly would love to see what you all are speaking about. Perhaps David and Michael can make a simple help video to put up on their YOUTUBE Channel...it would be helpful. @vapman

Radwin Bodnic

PS I have suggested to them to have available this kind of case for their whole line...we could use a case for the Station
2204018877_L.jpg

This is your case for the station.

kokolokokolokon

@Chicken No Name since I use the vapman for little amounts of hash killing a bowl in 1-2 heat ups i find the station weak. I need to set it at 9 and reheat the vapman. And I get less vapor, high and flavor than the torch, but i see how the hash is fully consumed.
And I hardly differentiate when the light changes to “ready”

On the other hand i love how it looks and the concept

I might be the only one that sent back his station and didn't asked for a replacement.

I’m trying to “calibrate” it with the screws thing, but maybe I send it back too :\ (even when i sent it back to be recalibrate it already)

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
rec'd my Zebrano bundle recently and did some comparisons to my two original units. I was surprised that they were somewhat different. the heat up time of the newer VM is longer and then the body gets much hotter , but I do really like the adjustable air flow and the middle metal insert. The wood case is the biggest surprise. it is smaller than I expected and each time I assemble, use and clean up now adds to the ritual of using the VM which is part of what I have alway loved. another good addition the the collection.

Top Bottom