Vapman

Squidge

Butane powered
I haven't seen one in person, but from the pictures I think the olive wood Vapman looks really pretty.
I'm not saying it's ugly (how could I, it's a Vapman! šŸ˜‰), but I don't like Olive wood. In the UK, it's quite easy to get kitchen utensils made from from it and I'm simply not a fan. šŸ¤·

Squidge,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll willingly do it šŸ‘

As I previously posted, I wasn't willing to pay Ā£100+ for a Pear Basic and I still don't like Olive wood (even though I once swayed slightly towards getting one).

Come on @vapman , give us some more Pear and Walnut Vapmen (and other woods), please. šŸ™ You've seen people (collectors) are willing to buy them... :nod: Though, don't do it too soon as I need to save up my pennies for it again lol šŸŖ™šŸŖ™šŸ–
Iā€™m looking at my Walnut, Pear, Boxtree, and Italian olive right now and theyā€™re all so beautiful. The grain on the olive is so erratic.

It seems like the Italians are making sustainability a big factor in their decisions on wood species to use, so I think weā€™ll be seeing more repurposed wood from their general territory more frequently than woods like walnut. Walnut is a very common wood in the vape world (for good reason, itā€™s one of my faves) so Iā€™m really liking their approach thus far in using more outside the box species.

coolbreeze

a Pear Basic
Ah! They're both Classics, just basic in the sense that they're the default wood. At the time, Vgoodiez had what was the last Vapmen, I think, and among them some beautiful exotics. I got the pear because it was cheap, nice, and sort of exemplified the Vapman. I wasn't sure I'd end up liking it as much as I do! Got the olive because I came looking for the glass mouthpiece and left with a nice deal. The olive is beautiful, exemplifies the new home and builders, and I'm happy to support them keeping this awesome vape alive. The special apple ones are a really nice treat.

I don't like Olive wood.
To be fair, I have have an olivewood DV stem I rarely use because the flavor's so strong. The Vapman hasn't really had a taste for me, fwiw.

TooHightooFly52

Kinda went nuts on vapman gear lately lol.
I already have a pear tree vapman with plum tree mouthpiece from Vgoodies. Also have an Italian Olive wood model. Just snagged an ebony wood mouthpiece, box wood mouthpiece, concentrate sieve. Super excited for my Applewood vapman to arrive, never used one with the mica layer.

coolbreeze

Kinda went nuts on vapman gear lately lol.
I already have a pear tree vapman with plum tree mouthpiece from Vgoodies. Also have an Italian Olive wood model. Just snagged an ebony wood mouthpiece, box wood mouthpiece, concentrate sieve. Super excited for my Applewood vapman to arrive, never used one with the mica layer.
I must apologize then, for the mention of the awesome little WPAs at RWW, and probably shouldn't bring up Ed's cocobolo mouthpieces...

rowbam

The vapman has one of the most unique vapor signatures and deceptive power out of my collection. Such a fun, relaxing ritual. I say it in almost every vapman comment I make, but I cannot wait for the station later this year.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Material goes on it. Though some might use a second sieve reversed on top when using concentrates in order to shield the metal filter from getting gunked up.
IMO material goes under it :D . It is meant like that because,sold concentrates have finer particles,also for efficiency they are meant to be in direct contact with the gold plated pan.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Really? Ok, I always believed the sieve was supposed to be used to protect the pan from staining so that's how I use mine.
Haha actually if you look at the official site :
""
the custom vapman sieve is a real multi-talent and a must have for all fans of microdosing and concentrates. it's ultra tight winding allows the perfect vaporization of any type of concentrates and at the same time prevents the pan and nozzles from getting dirty. it also allows the even vaporization of minimal doses of down to 0.001g, making vapman the king of microdosing. ""
vapman has proven over the years to be the best vaporizer for concentrates because of this sieve.
But i still prefer to use it the other way around with solids.

Squidge

Butane powered
Haha actually if you look at the official site :
""
the custom vapman sieve is a real multi-talent and a must have for all fans of microdosing and concentrates. it's ultra tight winding allows the perfect vaporization of any type of concentrates and at the same time prevents the pan and nozzles from getting dirty. it also allows the even vaporization of minimal doses of down to 0.001g, making vapman the king of microdosing. ""
vapman has proven over the years to be the best vaporizer for concentrates because of this sieve.
But i still prefer to use it the other way around with solids.
Ok, I think I get where your coming from... So, for flower, you'll put the microdose in the pan and place the sieve on top to help keep the flower in contact with the pan? I can see the logic in that. šŸ‘

Do you use concentrates in the Vapman? And how do you use the sieve then? Genuine question - I like learning people's nuances šŸ˜Š

Squidge

Butane powered
@Squidge I do use runny concentrates,just solids and i put them under the screen
By "solids" what do you mean? "Solids" to me means what Americans would call "hard hash" (old school hashish as we're liable to get in Europe). I've only used kief to top flower and have never used things like bubble hash, etc.

I'll put rosin/distillate on the sieve.

fanleaf

By "solids" what do you mean? "Solids" to me means what Americans would call "hard hash" (old school hashish as we're liable to get in Europe). I've only used kief to top flower and have never used things like bubble hash, etc.
I've used the type of hash you're referring to and it works well on the sieve. Around here in California I've seen it called temple ball hash. Bubble hash also works great in the Vapman, I have a ton of bubble hash I made from some plants I grew last year.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
onemorething_title-550x308.jpg

*Requires a proprietary torch.

You're gonna need a $90 adapter for that.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Regarding ABV, how dark by comparison to other vaporizers is the ABV that you generate at the end of a load?
And if it's as dark as the ABV that i generate after 2 to 3 hits max, how potent is it for edibles from your experience?

Also, does anyone know if any USA retailers have vapman accessories in stock? I ask because I'm interested in buying a glass stem designed by and specifically for the vapman, or by a third party modder.

Thanks!

jeffp,
Reactions: vapman

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Regarding ABV, how dark by comparison to other vaporizers is the ABV that you generate at the end of a load?
And if it's as dark as the ABV that i generate after 2 to 3 hits max, how potent is it for edibles from your experience?

Also, does anyone know if any USA retailers have vapman accessories in stock? I ask because I'm interested in buying a glass stem designed by and specifically for the vapman, or by a third party modder.

Thanks!
Head on over to sneaky Peteā€™s store. Heā€™s got the glass MP in stock. Probably some others do to but that was the first search result. I just typed in ā€œglass Vapman MP USAā€ and it gave me all the info.

my ABV is much darker in the vapman than most of my other Vapes. I like a coffee brown. No idea on the edibles though. I donā€™t do that sort of thing.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Head on over to sneaky Peteā€™s store. Heā€™s got the glass MP in stock. Probably some others do to but that was the first search result. I just typed in ā€œglass Vapman MP USAā€ and it gave me all the info.

my ABV is much darker in the vapman than most of my other Vapes. I like a coffee brown. No idea on the edibles though. I donā€™t do that sort of thing.
thank you

jeffp,
Reactions: Arawfish

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I like the glass stem, but the vapman really shines on a jayhook. Using the TRWW wpa on an OWW Inception stem is basically the only way I use the vapman at home these days.

Out an about I still like to pack a regular mouthpiece. The only one I never use is the plum wood mouthpiece. It's still too woody.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I like the glass stem, but the vapman really shines on a jayhook. Using the TRWW wpa on an OWW Inception stem is basically the only way I use the vapman at home these days.

Out an about I still like to pack a regular mouthpiece. The only one I never use is the plum wood mouthpiece. It's still too woody.

Intrigued but lost. Can you please provide links when you get a chance so I can visualize? thanks very much!

jeffp,
Reactions: Whisper

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Intrigued but lost. Can you please provide links when you get a chance so I can visualize? thanks very much!
Mine is in acrylic instead of wood, but it's the same idea. When I get a minute later I will post a picture of mine all together.

Edited to add the link to the OWW j-hook. You can get "defective" ones for pretty cheap right now:

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mine is in acrylic instead of wood, but it's the same idea. When I get a minute later I will post a picture of mine all together.

Edited to add the link to the OWW j-hook. You can get "defective" ones for pretty cheap right now:

i really appreciate that you took the time to post this info. thank you.
edit - I just ordered the two pieces, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom