Vapman

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
This was the first time I every saw some very small QC issues with a new vapman. Nothing at all important, but the screws that hold the screen on the middle piece were not tightened completely.
Just a reminder that these screws are meant to be slightly loose so the metal screen has some play to ensure the middle section mates tightly with the pan without damaging or dislodging the pan.

Obviously you have experience with the vapman so apologies if you already took this into account, but just thought I should mention it for those who don't know

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Aw sheesh, could one of you please start a Vapman shipping thread so I don't keep being called back here to read this irrelevant shipping related drivel?!

And just 'cuz . . .

ZQFQubK.jpg

:peace:

Squidge

Butane powered
Aw sheesh, could one of you please start a Vapman shipping thread so I don't keep being called back here to read this irrelevant shipping related drivel?!
Irrelevant? You mean like when I receive notifications and the topic of conversation is about which j-hook to buy? It might be irrelevant to me, but it's very relevant to others in this thread.

Recently I managed to buy a couple of the sieves and try them out with some live rosin. They work very well for "vaping concentrates" but, tbh, I'm not really sure I'll use them that often as I much prefer flower. Has anyone tried the sieves when using keif - what did you think? I think that might be my next experiment...

And lastly, I would love to wax lyrical about how lovely my new Vapman is...but I can't because it's still stuck in Italy!!! 😤😜

Enjoy your day 💋

TooHightooFly52

Irrelevant? You mean like when I receive notifications and the topic of conversation is about which j-hook to buy? It might be irrelevant to me, but it's very relevant to others in this thread.

Recently I managed to buy a couple of the sieves and try them out with some live rosin. They work very well for "vaping concentrates" but, tbh, I'm not really sure I'll use them that often as I much prefer flower. Has anyone tried the sieves when using keif - what did you think? I think that might be my next experiment...

And lastly, I would love to wax lyrical about how lovely my new Vapman is...but I can't because it's still stuck in Italy!!! 😤😜

Enjoy your day 💋
So I actually tried dabbing (not an every day thing for me for sure) this weekend and I enjoyed it. I was wondering how the Vapman does with concentrates, I have the sieve.

Squidge

Butane powered
So I actually tried dabbing (not an every day thing for me for sure) this weekend and I enjoyed it. I was wondering how the Vapman does with concentrates, I have the sieve.
It works well. You only need a tiny, tiny(!) amount to get plenty of flavoursome vapour - it's not a true dab so isn't going to be as intense, but it's still worth trying. Make sure you Iso the crucible, filter and sieve afterwards though. There's nothing worse* than the taste of overcooked concentrates to ruin your fun.

*with the exception of combustion, of course. That (in my view) is definitely worse. 👍

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Sorry, no, what I mean is, I think shipping discussions are irrelevant to a dedicted device thread - at least the J-hook chatter is regarding pairing it with a Vapman.
Shipping discussions seem to have little to do with the actual device & are more to do with DHL/USPS/etc. shipping times to specific locations, which are not really relevant to most people.
I've always liked it here & just didn't want to see the thread get clogged up with that (mundane) stuff.
Looking forward to hearing all about the Italian apple wood VMs & seeing some more pics once more people get them in hand.

:peace:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The shipping discussion will end in a day or two as we all receive them.
It's definitely relevant and exciting to those of us that jumped on the limited run.
Then we can talk about how great it is.
Meanwhile this chatter brings vapman back to the top of the portable thread list.
As one of the few portables that perform as well as a desktop I think that is a good thing.

So question: What flame length do you think is ideal? Short as in about a half inch or a bit longer?
I tend to aim the point of the flame to the center button and adjust it until I hear that little sizzle
for 3 seconds, pause, 3 seconds, and then a finishing blast.

Squidge

Butane powered
So question: What flame length do you think is ideal? Short as in about a half inch or a bit longer?
I tend to aim the point of the flame to the center button and adjust it until I hear that little sizzle
for 3 seconds, pause, 3 seconds, and then a finishing blast.
Are we talking about the inner blue flame for this? I think mine is about a centimetre in length and I hold mine to the nipple for two counts of five seconds with a two second break between. It's then five second blasts per inhale until it starts to feel warm when it's reduced to four seconds.

I don't hear any sizzle.

Also, how many heat cycles do you do per load? I think I have about six- eight. I go by flavour so will stop when I taste popcorn/cardboard.

TooHightooFly52

Are we talking about the inner blue flame for this? I think mine is about a centimetre in length and I hold mine to the nipple for two counts of five seconds with a two second break between. It's then five second blasts per inhale until it starts to feel warm when it's reduced to four seconds.

I don't hear any sizzle.

Also, how many heat cycles do you do per load? I think I have about six- eight. I go by flavour so will stop when I taste popcorn/cardboard.
That's exactly how I use my Vapman. Gives truly amazing hits and the flavor is insane! I swear there is something magical about this vape. I was tinkering with my other vapes today and trying things out. Then after work I used the Vapman, and it just felt right. Aside from mouthpiece there is no modification or change needed for this device.

Squidge

Butane powered
That's exactly how I use my Vapman. Gives truly amazing hits and the flavor is insane! I swear there is something magical about this vape. I was tinkering with my other vapes today and trying things out. Then after work I used the Vapman, and it just felt right. Aside from mouthpiece there is no modification or change needed for this device.
So what change did/will you make for the mouthpiece? Mine is still the stock white POM.

Squidge,
Reactions: fanleaf

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
So I have a few mouthpieces, Ed'stnt cocobolo stem (doesn't fit the case), ebony wood stem, box wood stem, plum wood stem (least favorite), and once the Vapple arrives titanium and inox.

The three mouthpiece options I have are the stock, glass and j-hook.
None are better than the others, just different. All are great.
SHIPPING UPDATE - I received a notice from DHL yesterday that mine is held at customs and
that I should contact the vendor, which I did.
The reason I received this notice from DHL is because i inquired about not having to sign for the package
if I'm not home at delivery. It was a reply.
So if you're vapman was scheduled for yesterday and it's still in Italy that's most likely the reason why.

"Sizzle" isn't the correct word, it's more like a wind sound. I look for it.
I'll try the two cycles of 5 seconds rather than the 3 of 3.

Yes, something about the way the vapman hits that's just right, it hits the spot.

Squidge

Butane powered
My Apple Vapman has arrived! There are certainly differences between the old and new classics and I'd like to hear from the newer owners (Michael and David era) if what I'm seeing is normal now...

The wood: It's nice and, unlike a previous poster, it's lighter than I thought it would be lol. The main body and middle section are different shades for sure but that's probably due to different pieces of wood being used. The grain is finer than my walnut classic and the finish feels very smooth to the touch.

Design: There are definitely differences. The new classic is boxier than the old, requiring less Mica. The springs are softer and the crucible is set deeper. Checking out the filter, I was glad to see the small metal ring under the filter is still a part of the product.

Niggles: There are clear machining marks in the crucible. The middle section had splinters in it and if I had not removed the metal filter for another reason, there would have been a possibility of inhaling pieces of wood. There are gaps between the Mica layer and the main part of the body. The funnel has much sharper edges than the old one, though it does fit nicely.

N.B. I haven't used it yet so can't say if the flavour or heat timings differ from my Walnut classic.

Thank you for reading :leaf:

p.s. I did take photos but can't upload them from my phone despite creating a link for them. ☹️ (Though, let's be honest, it's probably me. I'm not the most tech savvy and don't understand modern ways anymore lol)

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My Apple Vapman has arrived! There are certainly differences between the old and new classics and I'd like to hear from the newer owners if what I'm seeing is normal now...

The wood: It's nice and, unlike a previous poster, it's lighter than I thought it would be lol. The main body and middle section are different shades for sure but that's probably due to different pieces of wood being used. The grain is finer than my walnut classic and the finish feels very smooth to the touch.

Design: There are definitely differences. The new classic is boxier than the old, requiring less Mica. The springs are softer and the crucible is set deeper. Checking out the filter, I was glad to see the small metal ring under the filter is still a part of the product.

Niggles: There are clear machining marks in the crucible. The middle section had splinters in it and if I had not removed the metal filter for another reason, there would have been a possibility of inhaling pieces of wood. There are gaps between the Mica layer and the main part of the body. The funnel has much sharper edges than the old one, though it does fit nicely.

N.B. I haven't used it yet so can't say if the flavour or heat timings differ from my Walnut classic.

Thank you for reading :leaf:

p.s. I did take photos but can't upload them from my phone despite creating a link for them. ☹️ (Though, let's be honest, it's probably me. I'm not the most tech savvy and don't understand modern ways anymore lol)

Thanks for the update. Mine's in Germany but en route, with no expected arrival date to my USA location yet.
I don't mind the longer wait; it provides me with the illusion of purpose.
I have a nice photo of my old vapman with the j-hook attachment i wanted to share but
I can't figure out how to post it here. I may be less tech savvy than most of us here :rockon:
in my case it's definitely me.
Last night I experimented with 5 seconds, rest, 5 seconds and it's another great way to do it.
I underload slightly and reload after two hits max.
The question I have is that my ABV is extremely dark but not ash or ashy.
But close. By design the vapman seems to draw almost everything out in one fell swoop.
Once I'm able to post images I'd like to share a pic of my ABV for feedback.

Squidge

Butane powered
...The question I have is that my ABV is extremely dark but not ash or ashy.
But close. By design the vapman seems to draw almost everything out in one fell swoop.
Once I'm able to post images I'd like to share a pic of my ABV for feedback.
Mine can get dark like that as well. If you're familiar with roast levels for coffee, it's like a Vienna roast.

Squidge,

vapman

Manufacturer
appleman.jpg

The Appleman arrived yesterday. The wood is very pretty. It's darker than I expected in person. I have given it a few test runs and it is a vapman!:lol: This is my first vapman titanium mouthpiece. I like, it but it it's not a huge improvement over SS (inox). It might have been my imagination but I felt like the middle section was warmer using the titanium MP.

This was the first time I every saw some very small QC issues with a new vapman. Nothing at all important, but the screws that hold the screen on the middle piece were not tightened completely. There was also a bit of fluff in the middle piece below the mouthpiece that I found while cleaning. No other issues, perfectly built and assembled.

I had wondered if, being a limited release, these would be numbered but I didn't see any evidence of that. I'm happy to have another vapman join the family and I hope they keep using interesting woods from their region.
Thanks for the feedback, the screws that hold the filter should not be tightened completely, to guarantee maximum sealing in the heating chamber.

Sorry for the fluff, normally this should not happen, we blow every middle piece out with a compressor.

Best wishes

Top Bottom