Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Better a hydratube than an EVO bamboo!!! Grab a Lynx and dab dome! It's a great combination.
Lol I just remembered I have the Lynx in the closet ... its pretty much the same as a calyx just without a mouthpiece, i guess heilo (if that's how its called) will do the trick.

The dab dome looks cool but I'm not sure why I'd need it? I don't understand how you use it.

Quick question, do you think any of the DHGate HT can match up the quality for the originals in terms of diffusion?

CANtalk

Happy EVO Friday all :tup:. What's going on out there in the EVO ownership world? It's a smooth as ever here. I'm vaping some new and frosty excellent looking Vortex flower... it's bringing the goods with the EVO :science::evil:. Sorry for any grammar/spelling issues :razz: .

Have had mine for years and put literally thousands of loads through it. Still works like new.
I've had one for years now too and it's great. Super fast, super easy, super clean. The coarse thread two piece design locks the ELB in place and makes it near effortless to remove/insert. And no need for a scoop; I simply use my fingers to load from the grinder to the ELB. That and I swipe the chamber with my finger to grab all the kief. This keeps the anodized grinder bottom chamber surface very very clean. There's nothing fidgety at all with this loading tool, and it's very easy to sweep/pinch some fresh grind cannabis (or a whole piece) into the funnel, that being about three times wider than the ELB. The way to optimize this setup even more is to use a grinder with a smooth curved bottom chamber (they're common enough to find in both inexpensive and premium options).

The benefits and banes of glass ownership in this thread :popcorn: :razz:. Sorry to hear about the breakage again @m0sh. I haven't broken any HTs or mouthpieces, but those VapeXnails have been the bane of my glass consumption. I've owned both DHgate hydratubes and VapeXhale US hyratubes; both will diffuse similarly if you buy similar glass, but the issue is the quality of DHgate hydratubes. I bought two from a 'top rated reputable' seller and one was great (it looks as good as US glass), the other is terrible. Even the 18 mm inlet was f'd. I found their list of 'acceptable' defects pretty appalling. As such, I'd rather get known quality than roll the dice on DHgate hydratubes in my experience (ymmv).

In lieu of consuming glass, look @m0sh at tweaking your vape station. I attribute much of my EVO glass success with the vape area setup... very optimized and safe. Another option @m0sh are water bongs that will fit an inverted EVO. It will force more stationary use and should be more robust that way. Interesting?

Circling back to my last post here, I mentioned the revised draw times I've been using with the EVO, and after this last month of paying more attention, let me add and further clarify.

I find when I vape an ELB as I typically do, most often I take three low temp dry Helio draws at ~10 seconds per draw. My best fresh quality cannabis makes that first low temp draw length difficult (extremely terpy dense vapor), and the third draw has a just bit of visible vapor left. Everything less than the best cannabis is easier to do. That's ~30 seconds total draw time at the low temp setting (~320 F on the sleeve temp estimate, or 11:00 o'clock on the heater dial).

After that, I'm still temp stepping to ~410 F, or 2:30 on the temp dial as a clock position) and wet vaping for two 6 second draws (using a VapeXhale Precision honeycomb). It's a lot of conditioning over dry, show how much conditioning takes place even in a small capacity hydratube (iirc, it takes much less than an ounce of <distilled> water). If I were to get more hydratubes, it would be same size different percs or smaller hydratubes.

So, it's 42 seconds total draw time per ELB in my routine as described, vaped at two different temps about 90F apart. This works really well in my use, but it's important to note that I'm vaping 0.05 gram ELB amounts; many of you will be doing much more, which means more draws and more :evil:.

I find low temp vaped cannabis to be very cerebrally stimulating, even heavy and pure indicas, and it's been eye opening come to understand this; low temp vaped indicas are definitely not relaxing :goat:. I attribute these effects to vaping (vs combustion), as well as THC and how THC affects me. I don't get relaxing effects from indicas until I get to high temp vaping them. And interestingly, premium desktop vapes (like the EVO) magnify this attribute in my experience. Anyone else low temp vaping indicas and finding them stimulating?

I'm always looking for more info/tips and appreciate everyone sharing their EVO experience here. Have a great weekend.

Sorry for the long post. It's Friday with the EVO & a strong sativa again... quite a combo :freak::whoa:.

:peace: :leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Happy EVO Friday all :tup:. What's going on out there in the EVO ownership world? It's a smooth as ever here. I'm vaping some new and frosty excellent looking Vortex flower... it's bringing the goods with the EVO :science::evil:. Sorry for any grammar/spelling issues :razz: .

I've had one for years now too and it's great. Super fast, super easy, super clean. The coarse thread two piece design locks the ELB in place and makes it near effortless to remove/insert. And no need for a scoop; I simply use my fingers to load from the grinder to the ELB. That and I swipe the chamber with my finger to grab all the kief. This keeps the anodized grinder bottom chamber surface very very clean. There's nothing fidgety at all with this loading tool, and it's very easy to sweep/pinch some fresh grind cannabis (or a whole piece) into the funnel, that being about three times wider than the ELB. The way to optimize this setup even more is to use a grinder with a smooth curved bottom chamber (they're common enough to find in both inexpensive and premium options).

The benefits and banes of glass ownership in this thread :popcorn: :razz:. Sorry to hear about the breakage again @m0sh. I haven't broken any HTs or mouthpieces, but those VapeXnails have been the bane of my glass consumption. I've owned both DHgate hydratubes and VapeXhale US hyratubes; both will diffuse similarly if you buy similar glass, but the issue is the quality of DHgate hydratubes. I bought two from a 'top rated reputable' seller and one was great (it looks as good as US glass), the other is terrible. Even the 18 mm inlet was f'd. I found their list of 'acceptable' defects pretty appalling. As such, I'd rather get known quality than roll the dice on DHgate hydratubes in my experience (ymmv).

In lieu of consuming glass, look @m0sh at tweaking your vape station. I attribute much of my EVO glass success with the vape area setup... very optimized and safe. Another option @m0sh are water bongs that will fit an inverted EVO. It will force more stationary use and should be more robust that way. Interesting?

Circling back to my last post here, I mentioned the revised draw times I've been using with the EVO, and after this last month of paying more attention, let me add and further clarify.

I find when I vape an ELB as I typically do, most often I take three low temp dry Helio draws at ~10 seconds per draw. My best fresh quality cannabis makes that first low temp draw length difficult (extremely terpy dense vapor), and the third draw has a just bit of visible vapor left. Everything less than the best cannabis is easier to do. That's ~30 seconds total draw time at the low temp setting (~320 F on the sleeve temp estimate, or 11:00 o'clock on the heater dial).

After that, I'm still temp stepping to ~410 F, or 2:30 on the temp dial as a clock position) and wet vaping for two 6 second draws (using a VapeXhale Precision honeycomb). It's a lot of conditioning over dry, show how much conditioning takes place even in a small capacity hydratube (iirc, it takes much less than an ounce of <distilled> water). If I were to get more hydratubes, it would be same size different percs or smaller hydratubes.

So, it's 42 seconds total draw time per ELB in my routine as described, vaped at two different temps about 90F apart. This works really well in my use, but it's important to note that I'm vaping 0.05 gram ELB amounts; many of you will be doing much more, which means more draws and more :evil:.

I find low temp vaped cannabis to be very cerebrally stimulating, even heavy and pure indicas, and it's been eye opening come to understand this; low temp vaped indicas are definitely not relaxing :goat:. I attribute these effects to vaping (vs combustion), as well as THC and how THC affects me. I don't get relaxing effects from indicas until I get to high temp vaping them. And interestingly, premium desktop vapes (like the EVO) magnify this attribute in my experience. Anyone else low temp vaping indicas and finding them stimulating?

I'm always looking for more info/tips and appreciate everyone sharing their EVO experience here. Have a great weekend.

Sorry for the long post. It's Friday with the EVO & a strong sativa again... quite a combo :freak::whoa:.

:peace: :leaf:
CANNABIS SATIVA grow’s well outdooor’s in CIVILIZATION on the pale dot we EVO owner’s live!
COLAS R cool actually?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Are there any places in Europe that sell Vapexhale EZ Load Bowls? It seems like they're out of stock everywhere...
Here a couple of places for the UK ,not part of the EU anymore.

Last edited:

sskeleton

It looks like they only ship to France. Thanks anyway (:

This is the only thing I don't like about my Vapexhale Cloud - not only are the bowls hard to find, but they are also extremely expensive considering international shipping.
I wish cheap replacement parts existed - I've only managed to find the top piece though.

maremaresing

It blew my mind when I found how expensive the ELBs are. Granted, I think they will last a long time, but it's a lot. They are one of my favorite parts of the EVO, though.

I've said it before but the ELB's have reduced the whole stress of packing and getting load size right. I just scoop random amounts from my strain sampler and I'm good to go. It's completely opened up my mixing strains, to great effect!

Abysmal Vapor

It blew my mind when I found how expensive the ELBs are. Granted, I think they will last a long time, but it's a lot. They are one of my favorite parts of the EVO, though.

I've said it before but the ELB's have reduced the whole stress of packing and getting load size right. I just scoop random amounts from my strain sampler and I'm good to go. It's completely opened up my mixing strains, to great effect!
I imagine the EVO can be used with a glass bowl like any other vaporizer,but they are not much less expensive then an elb though and breakable :).
Btw once i wanted to make half elb for my halo-log and was quoted at $2.3 for 100pc without shipping. After a certain length welding is required in order to maintain cylindrical shape,otherwise they will fold and form pockets.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It looks like they only ship to France. Thanks anyway (:

This is the only thing I don't like about my Vapexhale Cloud - not only are the bowls hard to find, but they are also extremely expensive considering international shipping.
I wish cheap replacement parts existed - I've only managed to find the top piece though.
You ever been 2 Skullaton Bay (coast of NABRIA, AFRICA misspelled most likely)
I find FRANCE very CIVILIZED actually?
Next trip there I will bring my EVO with a converter since I have a USA unit?
HASH is available in FRANCE because the troop’s of the EUROPEAN war’s during NEPOLEAN’S command discovered it and introduced it to the CIVILIZED CIVILIZATION of FRANCE 🇫🇷!!!

Abysmal Vapor

@sskeleton THat is weird.... Maybe try their mirror site Jahvaporizer ,i have made purchases from them and i am not in France,still in the EU though.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: ataxian

DorianGray

Hello friends, I just got my evo and I’m trying to dial in the temps and draw technique. im liking the 2 o’clock position. If it’s whistling I’m drawing to hard? I begin with a slow draw and increase slowly?

maremaresing

For me, I keep it right under the whistle. It's convection, so it's temp + draw speed = vapor. You can adjust temp or draw speed but once you find the sweet spot you never have to touch it again.

I run 2ish, and inhale until I see the glass whitewall. Then rip it a little harder.

I imagine the EVO can be used with a glass bowl like any other vaporizer,but they are not much less expensive then an elb though and breakable :).
Btw once i wanted to make half elb for my halo-log and was quoted at $2.3 for 100pc without shipping. After a certain length welding is required in order to maintain cylindrical shape,otherwise they will fold and form pockets.

I want to clarify and reiterate that I don't think the ELBs are overpriced. 5 bucks a basket isn't bad, and they are very well made. Plus, the ELB is So. Awesome.

Mine get used a couple times and go into the iso to soak. When I run out, I rinse them all off and let them dry. Good as new.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hello friends, I just got my evo and I’m trying to dial in the temps and draw technique. im liking the 2 o’clock position. If it’s whistling I’m drawing to hard? I begin with a slow draw and increase slowly?
I start at 12 o'clock, temp step to 2:00 and finish it off at 2:30. Sometimes I'll finish off at 3:00 but I have combusted at 3:00 so it depends on the herb's dryness. If the herb is dryer than normal then I don't go to 3:00.

I don't usually change up my draw speed and stay consistent. I hover around the whistle ... just below the whistle is my sweet spot.

The EVO's temps can differ between units so the first thing you may need to do is find out how your unit's temps work.

When I first got the EVO it was based on a recommendation from @stickstones and he also gave me some EVO lessons. Here's to paying it forward.....Here's the beginner tutorial ......

- Turn the EVO on and set it to max temp. (She takes awhile to reach temp so it's a good idea to start the heater before anything else like grinding, filling the ELB or making a pizza :lol:)
- While the EVO is heating up prepare your ELB. 1/3 to 1/2 full, average grind and don't pack it. (Sticks also suggested I could use an unground nug or two. When the taste fades then grind it up to get a couple more tasty hits. Makes the taste last longer if your a flavor chaser.)
- By now you've inserted the ELB.
- When she reaches max temp set the temp down to your go-to temp. For me that would be 12 o'clock.
- When she reaches your go-to temp you could take a small priming draw to start the party.
- All the pre-prep work is done. Draw long and hard, easy or anything in between because she can handle it.

IMO - There is a bit of conduction going on here while the time to get to max and back down to your go-to temp occurs. It's nowhere near the heat soaking a conduction vape requires though but it does get the party off to a better start than just loading an ELB and waiting for the EVO to get to 12 o'clock before taking a hit.

Enialis

Any reccomendations on pieces hydratube or otherwise for the Cloud Evo and UD? I have neither vape at the moment the evo is off getting serviced and the UD is going to be its littIe brother. Between those vopes and hydratube comptaible wax vapes and an ebanger what is my one piece to rule them all? I cant really even remember if the Cloud evo was 14 or 18mm so i may need something compatible with both sizes if the evo is 18mm as the rest of my collection is 14mm. Any thoughts?

Enialis,

bener

Vapeologist
The EVO has an 18mm male joint. Besides the somewhat overpriced VapeXhale hydratubes, you can find lots available online and at your local shops. I have gotten some hydratubes at other vendors like PuffItUp and Sneaky Pete (a Calyx like model for ca $30), a really nice US-made model from Sticky Bricks, and if you use a whip, you can get from the EVO to any water piece with an adapter. Many folks order

Enialis

The EVO has an 18mm male joint. Besides the somewhat overpriced VapeXhale hydratubes, you can find lots available online and at your local shops. I have gotten some hydratubes at other vendors like PuffItUp and Sneaky Pete (a Calyx like model for ca $30), a really nice US-made model from Sticky Bricks, and if you use a whip, you can get from the EVO to any water piece with an adapter. Many folks order
Thanks! I've been looking at the tubes matt stocks on the Divine tribe website since its china glass that seems like he pre-screened them all for defects and their available domestically. Right now Im just trying to decide whether or not to get both or the 18mm with an adapter. My evo is the only 18mm device i own and I'd prefer smaller glass for the smaller devices. What's the go to Sunshine store piece these days? If i could get one piece instead of 2 that would be ideal, most of my vapes have a way to attach them to either a normal pipe or a hydratube but I don't like inverting my evo since thats what broke the bamboo and I'm worried that I'll feel the same way about the Underdog I got for micro dosing and that it might function better with a smaller piece.

Also, did anyone ever start making 3rd part ELBs? A few years ago someone had the idea to make then in different sizes but I dont think they were ever able to find a way to electro weld them cheaply. I want to get a large number of ELBs and making them would be ideal.

Enialis,

bener

Vapeologist
If I were you, I would get an 18 mm piece that works w your EVO. If you want to use any of your 14mm pieces with the EVO, you can always use an adapter or have a whip with an 18mm female at one end and a 14mm male on the other end.

Here is one I really like, it’s similar to the Calyx. PuffItUp has these too. I think I paid about $30 for the one I got from PuffItUp and it is the same one as my VapeXhale Calyx.

Sticky Bricks has whips and adapters. This is my favorite dry mouthpiece to use with my EVO and Sticky Brick

Enialis

A whip setup would be ineresting, but I've always been worried about losing vapor/potency from all the added surface area of the tubing and having reclaim collect not-in-the-pipe. Potential whip usage and the fact that I use a DTv4 with a Botomless banger are the only reasons I havent switched to all hydratubes yet. My main interest in the whip setup is to protect the Evo joint from breaking through use as long as it retains the same vapor production. I've never had the lung strength to produce any vapor on any whipped device I've tried either so I'm a little hesitant that itll have so much draw resistence ill be popping my ears and getting infections from using it like I have with other setups in the past

Enialis,
Top Bottom