Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

MinnBobber

That is a bummer. That is a beautiful piece but that joint is very weak and breaks so easily.
That long stem has such a huge mechanical advantage on that joint and pops it like nothing.

I had one like that and the glass blower wanted $70 to fix it.I thought that was too much so fixed it myself, cobbled it together , a do it yourself fix but it works.
I used a glass 18 mm Female to 14 or 18 mm Male shorty adapter, 135 degree bend.
Fit it over the glass “stub” and silicone sealed that bad boy together.

Looks odd but works fine and I actually much prefer the ergos/ fit/ mouthfeel over the stock mouthpiece.

If you don’t go the glass blower route or diy fix route, I would take it and do my silicone magic on it😀

maremaresing

@m0sh Condolences for your loss. Given where it is broken, you might be able to file down the protruding broken glass bits so you just have a round hole in the top corner. Then it would be in a nice position to just put your mouth on to inhale. Kind of like a fancy Calyx. This would also let you put a rubber/silicone grommet there that could hold a smaller glass tube/mouthpiece/stem of whatever shape and size you like.

Had another delightful week with the EVO. It's such an exquisite vaporizer that is always pleasing to use. A big change in my usage was purchasing hydrafeet! I found that I wasn't using my hydratubes since there wasn't a safe way to keep them around between use. Most of the time they stay bagged up in the carry case. With a hydrafoot, I can keep the "flavor of the week" on my desk next to the evo, ready for convenient use.

I love having a bubbler with water ready to go for an entire evening, and find that the smallest amount of water is all you need to tame high temp pulls. It's a tossup between the calyx and the lynx+helio combo for me. The calyx is a much more elegant all in one device, but is hard to clean and dry. The lynx+helio looks a bit wonky with the gap between the devices, but lets me choose one or both to use. It's also very easy to clean and dry. If I could only have one, it would be the lynx+helio.

I am coming to hate the way the calyx wants to bop my front teeth when I remove it, and I need to be careful with it. I'm currently trying to source a mini hydrotube fbomb type thing with an 18mm bottom for that top opening experience, but it's unobtanium. :/ Getting custom glass blown is too rich for my blood, too.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The worst has happened
IMG-20210123-WA0036.jpg

I'm shocked that it broke from falling for such a small height - look below, this happened before with other tubes, but never broke.
Its only the mouthpiece tho...can it be fixed ??? :(

20210123-110852.jpg
PlanetVape fixed a break like that for me.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Thanks guys!

@JCat , I assume it will cost a lot and I need to find a local glassblower, the issue is that it doesn't really exist in my country, and one who fixes vaping glass...

But...........
I fixed it!
fixed.jpg

It doesn't look pretty now but that was a quick fix.
I managed to super glue it together and there are only very tiny slits that air passes, I need to find a way to seal them, what would you guys suggest? I can probably just put a sticker.

I have tried to use as little as possible, and after applying the glue, I put it in blowing water - all the excess glue was removed, I really worked on it with my dab tool haha, one part even had to be glued again (and I put in boiling water again).

So, there is no smell at all after properly cleaning it and I also don't think it gets hot enough to be an issue, heck I would drink from a broken cup that is glued.

So for now I just used paper stick, but for the future I need to think.

Edit : Well it didn't hold for long, I guess a fix is in need

Last edited:

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hello everyone! I searched for a while and read many hydratube reviews but I haven’t found a place where hydratubes are discussed as a main point of focus so I created a new thread for it.
Warning: There wasn’t a single word to describe me until the term “Extra” came into being. Luckily I’m extra caring and through, but I’m also extra neurotic- hence the vaping hobby. I tried to be almost scientific in writing the thread and included a procedure for answering and commenting. I fear it is way too much work to read let alone contribute to:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/hydratube-thread-to-end-all-threads

My goal is to choose a new hydratube and help everyone else who is considering getting one.

Hey that's actually very nice looking. Get yourself a nebula mouthpiece and you'll be fully fancy.
Alternatively, grab a cherry or walnut MFLB dart stem. That works like a charm as a mouthpiece and it fits like a glove in my 3/8id tubing. Plus it feels great because of the shape, tastes fantastic, and is super hard to break!

that is still a very handsome looking piece of glass sans the mouthpiece. Looks like it was designed like that for real!

CANtalk

TGI EVO Friday everyone 👍.

Vaping with the EVO is bringing some well due physical comfort tonight :luv:; even starting with low temp strong sativa use. For those following my use over the last few years, I should update my methods and routine here as they've changed a bit. The fresh new cannabis batches I've picked up over the last few months (after a lull) are very good quality/potency. In my first fresh ELB low temp vaping draws, the vapor is strong, and I now typically only draw for ~ 8-10 seconds at a time, whereas I used to aim for and more typically take three 15 second draws. Now, I've slowed down to four lessor draws (sometimes five on the most potent batches). As such, my overall draw time is still pretty similar @ 40-50 seconds (and I still use similar ELB amounts). This evolution has been significantly easier on me and my lungs 🤗.

The EVO continues to be uber flexible and powerful, which really helps to dial in one's own optimal experience. Enjoy the EVO and ur Friday night.

:peace: :leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
TGI EVO Friday everyone 👍.

Vaping with the EVO is bringing some well due physical comfort tonight :luv:; even starting with low temp strong sativa use. For those following my use over the last few years, I should update my methods and routine here as they've changed a bit. The fresh new cannabis batches I've picked up over the last few months (after a lull) are very good quality/potency. In my first fresh ELB low temp vaping draws, the vapor is strong, and I now typically only draw for ~ 8-10 seconds at a time, whereas I used to aim for and more typically take three 15 second draws. Now, I've slowed down to four lessor draws (sometimes five on the most potent batches). As such, my overall draw time is still pretty similar @ 40-50 seconds (and I still use similar ELB amounts). This evolution has been significantly easier on me and my lungs 🤗.

The EVO continues to be uber flexible and powerful, which really helps to dial in one's own optimal experience. Enjoy the EVO and ur Friday night.

:peace: :leaf:
CANABIS is weak? 29% THC?
Not in orbit yet?
EVO = BEATLE JUICE BEYOND THE PALE BLUE DOT ACTUALLY
INDICA = NIGHT TIME STRAIN
HYBRYD = BOOK’S (READING)
SATIVA = RISE & SHINE AFTER EXPRESSO

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
CANABIS is weak? 29% THC?
Not in orbit yet?
EVO = BEATLE JUICE BEYOND THE PALE BLUE DOT ACTUALLY
INDICA = NIGHT TIME STRAIN
HYBRYD = BOOK’S (READING)
SATIVA = RISE & SHINE AFTER EXPRESSO
Hey @ataxian its been awhile! I just ordered an evo after years of only rarely/occasionally using my brothers. CIVILIZED! I might paint it pink in your honor! RESPECT!

maremaresing

The EVO is so great. Those ELBs are perfect for keeping things clean and taking little nips off of. Furthermore, I sold the EVO short for being able to get vaping from cold quickly. While priming it with max temp till green then backing off works, I find I get a great rip as soon as it turns green at my fav temp. While I'm sure back to back rips need good heatsoaking, it's plenty to get me going on short notice. Plus, I can just reach over and flip the switch, knowing it's already set to the right temp.

Having a lot of fun legoing strange hydratube/wands with all my assorted adapters and the lynx. Even just an EQ 18/18 cyclone bowl, 14mm adapter, and a dynavap 14mm glass adapter (or just a 14mm bowl) give great cool clouds.

maremaresing

The Russians just used a scoop. Wait, no that's me. I just use a scoop I made from an old plastic card. 1.5in x .75in, with the ends rounded, then folded lengthwise. Works amazing to scoop/slide small or large amounts in.

To that point, I have been loving scooping different strains into a single elb. Making my own custom mix with a pinch of this and that.

MinnBobber

Mini VXL bubbler ?

How do you fill this bad boy bubbler?
Eye dropper in the top?
How far up the inner dome?

Attachments

• 0CE48AFF-E858-4C29-8779-3577C88DC2FF.jpeg
    0CE48AFF-E858-4C29-8779-3577C88DC2FF.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1172F100-A434-45F9-A5A3-8B8AC27C4DE9.jpeg
    1172F100-A434-45F9-A5A3-8B8AC27C4DE9.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 20

maremaresing

Whoa where did you get that little bubbler?!! It's great.

On a related note; I've mentioned many times before that I miss the original hydratubes that opened at the top. The helio is great, but for a bubbler top I really want to be able to look down at it, and the top opening feels more natural and "bong like". In the last month I've been on a deeper dive than you can imagine on china sites and glassblowers and whatnot, with mixed results. I have a plan for that now if I want to go there, but I wanted a cheap proof of concept/stopgap first.

Since I have the rarely used Lynx, I wanted to start there. It's a really underrated hydratube. Finicky about water levels or it will splash up when you clear quickly, but works well.

If you want a "20mm glass top" mini waterpipe experience, an 18/18 female adapter is cheap and cheerful, but really isn't better than the sum of it's parts.

There is also a myriad of 18mm Female Bowls you can use as a mouthpiece. Some very cute:

You'd think the hole would be too small on a bowl to have good airflow, but it works fine. I wanted higher airflow and a more uniform mouthpiece for my first try, so I chose an glass dab dome of the right shape, size, and quality.

RyagaYd.jpg

First rip and I'm in love. It's very comfortable to use, and you can see right down at the bubbler and chambers. Any splashback that rarely happens ends up on the side of the glass sphere, never in your mouth. It's a total game changer and I forsee the EVO getting exponentially more use now.

Up til now I've rarely used water in the hydratubes. The Calyx is such a pain to full dry that I never want to use water in it. Plus, the Calyx has a bad habit of bonking me on the teeth every time I lift it off. I did not like it. The Lynx, on the other hand, is easy to fill, clean, and dry. With this mouthpiece I want to go back and back for more room filling rips.

Top Bottom