Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

maremaresing

After being ambushed by the dotleaf last month, I haven't been giving the new EVO the love it deserves. It's been great for microdoses with the helio here and there, but the hydratube craving came back. Fortunately this time I actually have an EVO and hydratubes!

Calyx really is a nice pairing with the EVO. It's the perfect height to sip while sitting at the desk. As a bubbler the calyx doesn't hold a lot of water, but has a nice churning feeling to it. Vapor comes out smooth as glass.

Very simple and easy unit to operate, with 3 parts to worry about and a single switch. The herb stays easy to manage in the sealed basket, too. Not like whip vapes I've had, where they randomly uncoil, flinging ground herb across the room. Really compact system, for being a full on desktop vape.

Is there any way to set this so I can just start hitting high temps when the light goes green? I knew what I was getting into, and all my desktops have needed a 5+ minute warm up. But it would be nice to just see the green LED and know it's go time. Plus I typically only take a pull or two very infrequently before turning it off. Would be great to be ready to vape a minute or two from turning it on.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

My setup! Have you all seen this heat-shield before? I just got an adapter piece in from VXL and in the packing slip it says "Valet Shipping for Repairs has begun contact support for more information". Looks like VapeXhale is stepping up their repair process. Anybody hear this yet?
Edit: Sorry for the dirty glass, this is when I had just gotten it and I couldn't put it down lol.
The customer service is top shelf actually!
EVO vaporizer is 4-human’s that consume CANNABIS. (POV)!

Salvaged_Title_Robot

After being ambushed by the dotleaf last month, I haven't been giving the new EVO the love it deserves. It's been great for microdoses with the helio here and there, but the hydratube craving came back. Fortunately this time I actually have an EVO and hydratubes!

Calyx really is a nice pairing with the EVO. It's the perfect height to sip while sitting at the desk. As a bubbler the calyx doesn't hold a lot of water, but has a nice churning feeling to it. Vapor comes out smooth as glass.

Very simple and easy unit to operate, with 3 parts to worry about and a single switch. The herb stays easy to manage in the sealed basket, too. Not like whip vapes I've had, where they randomly uncoil, flinging ground herb across the room. Really compact system, for being a full on desktop vape.

Is there any way to set this so I can just start hitting high temps when the light goes green? I knew what I was getting into, and all my desktops have needed a 5+ minute warm up. But it would be nice to just see the green LED and know it's go time. Plus I typically only take a pull or two very infrequently before turning it off. Would be great to be ready to vape a minute or two from turning it on.
I have only had an EVO for a few weeks now, but I usually warm up to max temp and when I see the green light I switch it to my operating temp (I usually do 2 o'clock) load up an ELB and start inhaling until it turns green again. I find that after it hits max temp its still really cool because it has just been turned on and when you start inhaling it cools down to your selected temp but with more heatsoak and no overheating. I have never combusted doing this and I have never had any weird smells or anything from warming up max temp (I instantly switch the temp down as soon as the EVO turns green). This is just what I do and I am usually in a hurry. Hopefully someone with some real experience can chime in.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have only had an EVO for a few weeks now, but I usually warm up to max temp and when I see the green light I switch it to my operating temp (I usually do 2 o'clock) load up an ELB and start inhaling until it turns green again. I find that after it hits max temp its still really cool because it has just been turned on and when you start inhaling it cools down to your selected temp but with more heatsoak and no overheating. I have never combusted doing this and I have never had any weird smells or anything from warming up max temp (I instantly switch the temp down as soon as the EVO turns green). This is just what I do and I am usually in a hurry. Hopefully someone with some real experience can chime in.
I love your post of joy!
The 2 EVO’s I have medicate at a high level of medical function in my case?

maremaresing

My setup! Have you all seen this heat-shield before? I just got an adapter piece in from VXL and in the packing slip it says "Valet Shipping for Repairs has begun contact support for more information". Looks like VapeXhale is stepping up their repair process. Anybody hear this yet?
Edit: Sorry for the dirty glass, this is when I had just gotten it and I couldn't put it down lol.

VXL has amazing CS. What is that hydratube? I love the ones that open at the top like that. Reminds me of the originals, and I wish I could still get something like that. Even with the calyx, I find myself angling down so I can watch it.

Good tip. I used to do that with the dbv with mixed success. I'm gonna try it and report back! Thanks! I love that we both got our EVO's around the same time and that people are still snatching these up in the year of our lord 2020/2021.

MinnBobber

VXL has amazing CS. What is that hydratube? I love the ones that open at the top like that. Reminds me of the originals, and I wish I could still get something like that. Even with the calyx, I find myself angling down so I can watch it.
. @maremaresing

I have that hydratube in double ring version.
New in box. Interested?
I am in Minnesota, where are you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

CANtalk

Looks great @Salvaged_Title_Robot and welcome to the forum! I've never seen that sleeve before. Sweet... does it glow in the dark? Nice accessories and setup (it really helps to make using the EVO easier and better... and is something many neglect). How does that ELB loading tool work for you? Thx for mentioning the high heat warm-up cycle technique and details :tup:; it's an excellent option for people who want to get more extraction quickly from a cold heater start. The thermal insulation properties of glass make the EVO quite amenable to this technique. There have been reports of some EVO heaters running hot so those users should approach this high heat warm-up cycle carefully. Also, I'd recommend high heat warm-up cycle users check their bamboo integrity regularly when cold, as a cracked bamboo would be no bueno in such use. @Salvaged_Title_Robot, you should heatsoak the EVO from cold at 2:00 as well (for 30 minutes) and compare how efficiently it vapes to your high heat warm-up cycle routine (with the same ELB amounts of the same flower). I'd be interested to hear how similar or dissimilar the two methods are for vapor density and extraction efficiency. While many of us here are temp steppers with the EVO, check out the one hitter settings and discussion in this thread ... the EVO has a number of owners who are higher temp full extraction fans, like you :nod:! I love the flexibility of the EVO in use and how there are so many ways one can develop and refine a vaping a routine. Thx for sharing.

Nice to hear @maremaresing that the EVO is going well with you! I haven't seen any way to shorten the EVO heat up time. A few owners happily use a programmable plug timer to keep the EVO on almost all the time, with no-wait access to vaping. It has been discussed here and can be found with a search. Note that VapeXhale does not recommend that for the vape and it voids the warranty (as mentioned on their website). The odd EVO has overheated as well, so I'd be wary and careful of such use. I'm a recreational user and over the last few years of EVO use have grown accustomed to turning on the EVO about a half hour before anticipated use when the heater is cold and I'm going to be low temp vaping (12:00 or less as a dial position). This learned behavior and anticipatory action works well 4 me. And when I vape at higher temps again I've found I'm fine with less heat up time (note it helps that the ELB cannabis has already been dried and extracted at an earlier lower temp)... 7-10 minutes of heating is more than enough. The odd time when I don't have the EVO warming up beforehand and I'm low temp vaping, I simply increase the temp dial a little more, 12:00 or 12:30 position instead of 11:00 for example, and vape when the LED turns green and indicating the EVO is ready.

I've found that EVO owners tend to keep a low profile in the vaporizer discussion/recommendation threads, where other vapes are often hyperbole shilled hard core... it's nice to see new owners still finding and enjoying the EVO.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Good tip. I used to do that with the dbv with mixed success. I'm gonna try it and report back! Thanks! I love that we both got our EVO's around the same time and that people are still snatching these up in the year of our lord 2020/2021.
The Hydratube is from a Vaporblunt 2.0 (R.I.P) Glass kit that I got from Walmart.com for $30! I had gotten this tube like 6 months before I got an EVO and would use it with an Arizer EQ. It does great with or without water and it really easy to clean. I like it because it's tall and I don't have to look down to use it and even can be used while lying back with water. It has a few defects, but at $30 for a $179 retail tube, it's a crazy deal. Anybody remember the Vaporblunt? lol

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looks great @Salvaged_Title_Robot and welcome to the forum! I've never seen that sleeve before. Sweet... does it glow in the dark? Nice accessories and setup (it really helps to make using the EVO easier and better... and is something many neglect). How does that ELB loading tool work for you? Thx for mentioning the high heat warm-up cycle technique and details :tup:; it's an excellent option for people who want to get more extraction quickly from a cold heater start. The thermal insulation properties of glass make the EVO quite amenable to this technique. There have been reports of some EVO heaters running hot so those users should approach this high heat warm-up cycle carefully. Also, I'd recommend high heat warm-up cycle users check their bamboo integrity regularly when cold, as a cracked bamboo would be no bueno in such use. @Salvaged_Title_Robot, you should heatsoak the EVO from cold at 2:00 as well (for 30 minutes) and compare how efficiently it vapes to your high heat warm-up cycle routine (with the same ELB amounts of the same flower). I'd be interested to hear how similar or dissimilar the two methods are for vapor density and extraction efficiency. While many of us here are temp steppers with the EVO, check out the one hitter settings and discussion in this thread ... the EVO has a number of owners who are higher temp full extraction fans, like you :nod:! I love the flexibility of the EVO in use and how there are so many ways one can develop and refine a vaping a routine. Thx for sharing.

Nice to hear @maremaresing that the EVO is going well with you! I haven't seen any way to shorten the EVO heat up time. A few owners happily use a programmable plug timer to keep the EVO on almost all the time, with no-wait access to vaping. It has been discussed here and can be found with a search. Note that VapeXhale does not recommend that for the vape and it voids the warranty (as mentioned on their website). The odd EVO has overheated as well, so I'd be wary and careful of such use. I'm a recreational user and over the last few years of EVO use have grown accustomed to turning on the EVO about a half hour before anticipated use when the heater is cold and I'm going to be low temp vaping (12:00 or less as a dial position). This learned behavior and anticipatory action works well 4 me. And when I vape at higher temps again I've found I'm fine with less heat up time (note it helps that the ELB cannabis has already been dried and extracted at an earlier lower temp)... 7-10 minutes of heating is more than enough. The odd time when I don't have the EVO warming up beforehand and I'm low temp vaping, I simply increase the temp dial a little more, 12:00 or 12:30 position instead of 11:00 for example, and vape when the LED turns green and indicating the EVO is ready.

I've found that EVO owners tend to keep a low profile in the vaporizer discussion/recommendation threads, where other vapes are often hyperbole shilled hard core... it's nice to see new owners still finding and enjoying the EVO.

What kind or strain did people smoke after the ICE AGE?
A EVO is 4 CIVILIZED HOMOSAPIEN’S?
Just a thought!

Salvaged_Title_Robot

@CANtalk Thanks for the welcome and the new weekend experiment idea! I will report back with my findings. Unfortunately, the heat-shield doesn't glow :/ I am very happy to know that there are other new EVO users like @maremaresing. I had wanted an EVO for years so I am pretty happy to be here.

maremaresing

I'll definitely experiment more with getting the "one hitter" fast heat up technique and report back my results. Even if I need to turn it on 10 minutes before, it's not so bad. Just sometimes I'd like to have it before a shower after working out, or right when I get home, or right when I wake up. You know. Impulse vape.

The Hydratube is from a Vaporblunt 2.0 (R.I.P) Glass kit that I got from Walmart.com for $30! I had gotten this tube like 6 months before I got an EVO and would use it with an Arizer EQ. It does great with or without water and it really easy to clean. I like it because it's tall and I don't have to look down to use it and even can be used while lying back with water. It has a few defects, but at $30 for a $179 retail tube, it's a crazy deal. Anybody remember the Vaporblunt? lol

That's a screaming deal! We are very similar in how we wanted an EVO for years and tried to modify lesser vapes to do hydratubes. So glad I don't have to bother with that any more! (Though the hydratubes work really nicely on the DotLeaf :lol: )

lD3AKMA.jpg

. @maremaresing

I have that hydratube in double ring version.
New in box. Interested?
I am in Minnesota, where are you?

That's so kind of you to offer, especially since it's a discontinued item. I've spent way too much on vapes and glass lately, and gotta pass. :( Need to focus on enjoying the things I have.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@CANtalk Thanks for the welcome and the new weekend experiment idea! I will report back with my findings. Unfortunately, the heat-shield doesn't glow :/ I am very happy to know that there are other new EVO users like @maremaresing. I had wanted an EVO for years so I am pretty happy to be here.
I tried a few vaporizer’s after box matches and paper joint’s were in vogue.
The EVO had a decent flavor & getting high or medicated depend’s on your CANNABIS growing condition effecting
It’s effectiveness .

Welcome 2 the post!

MinnBobber

Holy cow, Walmart hydratube, I mean borosilicate flower vase😉
$179 new for mine

Attachments

• 3769FCF3-CB1C-4BD8-95B5-B701BC21ABD1.png
    3769FCF3-CB1C-4BD8-95B5-B701BC21ABD1.png
    782.9 KB · Views: 17

CANtalk

TGIF and nice to see all the EVO setups :tup:! Thx for sharing and I'll pay it forward...

Here's my EVO setup as of today. PBW and an ultrasonic cleaner brings the goods for clean 👍. Anyone following that stinky glass thread on FC? :ugh: :uhoh:.....
hxqdiqzsrkb61.jpg

You can really see how an ultrasonic cleaner with PBW routine has worn off the etched VapeXhale logo on the Helio mouthpiece :o. Make it clean :evil::bowdown:

I look forward to hearing how your experiments and comparisons go @Salvaged_Title_Robot. Use the same mouthpiece for consistency too.

Cheers and have a great Friday night everyone.

Last edited:

maremaresing

@Salvaged_Title_Robot Just did the "max temp til green, then set at 2pm and rip it" technique and it worked a charm. Massive flavorful cloud from the evo+helix prefilter. Total gamechanger that answered my varuka salt request of "but I want it now!".

I'm fully snuggled into bed now, but I'll post a pic of the setup tomorrow. Inhaling straight off the 14mm end, 3 inches straight shot from the basket, felt like the unit was ice cold. I literally didn't think it was hitting until I exhaled a nimbus.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Emailed for 2 days to cancel an order within one hour of placing it, with no response, after posting on their social media finally they responded. Got this promise "We’re attempting to see if we can absorb the cost through our account. Let me check with my fulfillment manager and find out what's going on. If her recommendation works, we will be able to issue you the device and we will pay the duties. If we can’t do that we will issue you a full refund. Give me a moment to check.
Ricardo "

Then told to screw myself. Not allowed to escalate to the CEO. The company has no phone number. This is pretty clear isn't it, or am I just crazy?
The EVO crew are known for great customer service. Something went horribly wrong here.

They sometimes read this thread so hopefully they'll respond.

The EVO has a 30 day money back guarantee but the glass hydrotubes don't. If it's the EVO itself and you're within the 30 days hopefully you should be good.

His_Highness,
Reactions: ataxian

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
The EVO crew are known for great customer service. Something went horribly wrong here.

They sometimes read this thread so hopefully they'll respond.

The EVO has a 30 day money back guarantee but the glass hydrotubes don't. If it's the EVO itself and you're within the 30 days hopefully you should be good.
They resolved it, just too many cooks in the kitchen. I guess they are spread thin now with COVID, but they did the right thing in the end.

maremaresing

I really wish I could find a 18mm top for the EVO that was just like 4-10 inches of the top of a normal full size waterpipe.

Just like, everything above the ice pinch on this, with a flat bottom and a recessed 18mm female gong

How nice would that be? You could even put it on top of the lynx if you want some water filtration, but I bet it would be silky smooth dry.

LaughingDog

An ultrasonic cleaner works great on ELBs. I posted a picture of my still-used original ELB, it's recently cleaned with one; it's near the end of the last page. That ELB has been used over 900 different times with lots of well-extracted flower (see the dark AVB picture in that link :) ), plus pure kief from time to time.

I've recommended using PBW with ultrasonic cleaners... and in general. It's safe with ultrasonic cleaners, and a significantly better cleaner than any ISO in my experience. Cheaper to use too. Simply use with hot water (hot tap water works for me). Though the amount use/concentration may need a little dialing in compared to ISO. As mentioned before, six minutes hands-off is my routine now. And as per that recent cleaned picture.

Helio shout-out to @maremaresing, @LaughingDog and @GoGlass, I really like how the Helio is so small it even fits in small ultrasonic cleaners (and is so easy to clean then). PBW is so strong in combination with an an ultrasonic cleaner and hot water, it's magnified some fine glass scratches on the side of the Helio. The logo etching has been smoothed down significantly as well (showing much less contrast).

TGIF and EVO time 👍. Some fresh Super Lemon Haze flower is bringing the goods right now :science::science:. Wow, I can see why this is a rare two time Cannabis Cup winner! Highly recommended.

Fixed a bunch of spelling.... that batch of SLH is v. impressively potent :evil:; it's impaired my physical dexterity :freak:. I love big experiences :love:

May everyone's last Friday and weekend before Christmas go well. Vape on.

:peace: :leaf:.

Thanks for the tip, I picked up a $40 ultrasonic from amazon along with PBW.

OMG! This is so much easier and works so much better then ISO.

I have a POTV one and found the brush they give you is perfect fit for the ELBs. You can order them separately from POTV but are currently out of stock : https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/cleaning-brush-for-potv-one The brush gets all loose matter off, the ultrasonic with PBW gets it looking like new in a couple of minutes.

CANtalk

TGIF Friday EVO & vaping everyone. The EVO has me lit again :science::evil:.

Thanks for the tip, I picked up a $40 ultrasonic from amazon along with PBW.

OMG! This is so much easier and works so much better then ISO.

I have a POTV one and found the brush they give you is perfect fit for the ELBs. You can order them separately from POTV but are currently out of stock : https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/cleaning-brush-for-potv-one The brush gets all loose matter off, the ultrasonic with PBW gets it looking like new in a couple of minutes.
Congratulations! IMO, it's the holy grail of vape cleaning in combination with the EVO. Super strong, super fast, super easy, hands off and super clean everything.

Thx @LaughingDog and @maremaresing for sharing brush options. Here's what @macbill recommends and it works well here with me 👍. https://www.amazon.com/Caydo-Pieces-Hummingbird-Cleaning-Brushes/dp/B07CMKR86V

I'm low temp vaping (and temp stepping) this new fresh batch of Trainwreck in the EVO and it's amazeballs... strong sativa and highly recommended :bowdown:
elccz4zjrzc61.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom