• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

BigJr48

Theses are the three pieces I use with the EVO. Ever since adding the smart plug this device has been getting too much love.

20200123-070054.jpg
20200123-065803.jpg
20200123-065602.jpg
Can you provide a link, I really like the first one

MileHighHuman

Just stopping by with some EVO updates from my side of things!

Out of the box, this vape works without any need for modification.
It produces anything from a wisp to a full fledged white out with ease, just set the dial and you are good to go.
However....there has been a recent discovery about the addition of glass beads to vapes to make them even more effective! I think @ohmygodimsohigh started this with his SSV.
I have done my EVO and it has invoked BEAST MODE!

I added a small SS screen to the bottom of the bamboo tube as the beads fit the hole perfectly and block all air flow. Fill up with glass beads until an ELB will fit and place another screen on top to keep it together. No force or pressure on the glass beads as you don't want to crack anything!

I have gone from around 1:30 to Noon with the same results!
Two 1/4 filled ELB's annihilated me over 4 hours ago which is amazing!
Flavor is still on point but tasted slightly too toasty at my usual temps.
Vapor is super thick and smooth and hits super hard!

This would be a super easy mod VapeXhale could integrate!

EDIT:
After all that, back to my regular EVO!
The beads forced a very hard, rapid inhale that gets me way too baked... And hard on the lungs.
Regular EVO hits like a dream!

Have you tried filling up the bamboo with just 25% or 50% glass beads?

CANtalk

I'm back on the EVO after a two week vaping vacation (away from home and FC too). The EVO is hitting really hard now :science: :science: :tup:. What a potent vape and experience :razz:.

While I didn't vape for the last two weeks I did combust some cannabis for the first time in ever. I'm a terrible roller. It looked to be be some quality sticky fragrant stuff and it was a strong first experience, but it quickly fell down with later use over time. My vape experience still remains much stronger both ways (initially and with continued use). Vaping is king here.

Happy EVO Friday :tup:. Lots of great talk here, let me catch up.

I see the ELBs are back in stock at VapeXhale @voyciz. VapeXhale appears to be practicing the industry of just in-time inventory and it's on the lean side. This is still boutique manufacturer small community small production run stuff. I'll cut them some slack as long as the delays aren't too long. In the last few years I've seen stock go out for short periods of time after the few major sales of the year before. Still, definitely post up when stock we want goes out ;). I've learned to keep lots of stock because it's cheap piece of mind.

After few days of using I can fell that my VAS is heal for real.
Onesty I don't think how they can evolve more the Evo apart make it faster warm up.
It is the perfect machine for me :strong on effects and flavorful.
Own more the 20 high end vape portable and desktop and never ever tryed nothing close to the Evo.
Buying another one soon.....so Happy got rid off my volcano hybrid and got this one instead IMO!!
@Pablopicasso, great to hear :tup:. Good luck with the vape and enjoy it. Let us know how it goes :nod:. There's lots of regular good talk about EVO settings here (browsing back). Keep telling us your settings. Your reported success in using the EVO to finally stop combusting is admirable, and congratulations :clap:.

I juggle between Evo and Volcano Hybrid, my flowerpot has been under hibernation, i only tend to grab it when im low on medicine as its the efficiency king when running dry. I prefer the former two for taste and flavor especially.

I also own one Evo kept sealed in a box as a backup since i highly doubt i can live without this device particularly. Its my favorite by a long shot.
It's nice to see you contributing again @audiodelic :tup:! Great feedback and keep it coming. I wouldn't use ISO in an ultrasonic cleaner myself... it's never recommended, being an explosion hazard. I tried and moved over to PBW instead, finding it's even stronger than ISO.

OK, I've had a few days to try the Evo out and here are my initial thoughts on it. Not in any particular order of importance:

1) So simple to use, my very first bowl was perfect.
2) Did I say this was simple to use?
3) Because of the comments here about long heat up time, I timed it with my stopwatch. Three minutes from on to the middle indicator (350?)
4) I'm using a Helio mouthpiece with it, and I was really impressed with how cool the vapor is. It put's my Plenty to shame.
5) The metal baskets are easy to clean.
6) The flavor is great, as well as the "effect"
7) I am noticing a very slight plastic smell when it heats up
8) I'm looking at adding a glass hydra tube, but I wish the prices were more reasonable.
@Relaxed, great to hear :tup:. Good luck with the vape and enjoy it. And let us know how it goes. I love that Helio mouthpiece :nod:. It's the best form-factor of anything I have for the EVO, including whip setups. Effective, easy to clean and an elegant dry mouthpiece solution. That plastic smell from the EVO is odd, let us know how it goes. With glass hydratubes you get what you pay for. American glass is pricey but pretty much perfect. DHgate not so perfect at all, though it 'should' be perfectly functional. China glass is more of a crap shoot in my experience so far. Especially if you want a high quality overall piece (including aesthetics). Good luck on the glass purchase, everyone has their own preferences. If going with US glass I like the Precision hydratube and perc options as a good quality starting place. Premium OEM glass with goldilocks conditioning in the the lineup (not the least, not the most). Fine tune your conditioning requirements with the perc selection. They're real lookers too :wave:. I'm still a big fan of the graphite glass (smoke tinted).

A hydrabase + lynx with whip kit or connect is the way to go. I find using the hydratube mouthpieces a lot more cumbersome than whips and always paranoid that while baked, i would be holding the vape and tube in a way that would put stress on the bamboo. Can likely do without the lynx and just slap the connect/whip kit right on the base. I find the lynx to be too small and doesn't do all that much in adding much moisture to the vapor compared to the bases.
I'm not a whip person (it's not as clean an air pathway as using glass) and much prefer dry and wet direct-use glass hydratubes and mouthpieces; the form factor is great. All has been good here with my big cannabis indulgences, and I've 'challenged' my pieces a number of ways now :freak:. Thx for the Lynx feedback. I too find that bigger water pieces definitely condition the vapor more, though I find at the expense of the potency of the vapor too. It's all about finding the right balance and everyone has their own preferences :tup:.

I saw the earlier heatsoak talk on the EVO and agree it definitely makes a signficant difference. But I don't always do a heatsoak; with bigger than 1/3 of an ELB of flower, the short 3 minute heat up time is just fine to get strong dense vapor from the EVO in long draws (which I often half to cut short because the vapor is too strong). With 1/3 ELB volume or less of flower I usually let the EVO heat up longer as it helps here with the small volume. I don't mind the longer wait times at all in my vaping routine :2c:; it's actually saved me from myself later at night
azzangel.gif
. Frankly if I want the strong extraction of a longer heat up time in a short heat up time, one can figure out a reasonable compensation in simply choosing a higher temperature to get similar extraction. If I have a small ELB I want to hit quickly I simply choose a higher temp on the EVO dial.

... Came back after 30 minutes, and the light was flashing red then green.
The EVO has an auto-shut off. I think from what I remember it's 45 minutes. "The VapeXhale EVO™ has an auto shut-off function. You will know that your unit has shut itself off when you see red and green blinking lights. If you have not finished your session, you can reset the auto shut-off by simply turning the unit off and then on again.", https://www.evolvethegreen.com/instructions.

I'm very new to concentrates, and last night I tried them with my new Evo. Watched the vid on proper use by Sabo, and it just about killed me :) I used a little less than he showed in the vid, but still too much for me! Excellent performance.

On the same subject, do most of you prefer the borosilicate or quartz? The unit came with Quartz, but from what I understand your not supposed to clean them by maxing out the temp.
I followed the same path with the EVO a year ago, enjoy :tup:. Small amounts of concentrates are still very potent and dense vapor draws with the EVO... even using a wet hydratube :haw:. It's lovely :love:... and the experience vapor can be really dialed in with the EVO and the selection of dry/wet hydratubes. For sure you can use the heater to clean the tubes. EVO recommends it in their instructions. It shouldn't affect the heater or EVO significantly; I know of an EVO owner who defeated the auto-shutoff with a programmable plug and hit EVO has been on at higher temps for something like 3 years straight. I wouldn't do that, but the EVO should be reliable. I use boro VapeXnails because they're much cheaper and I prefer cleaning them by using a strong cleaner (PBW) in an ultrasonic machine; slick, fast and no potential heat/heating issues. I've also had no problem cleaning the nails by running the EVO at ~450F for 20 minutes after a concentrates session... other than they don't clean well after two or three sessions.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

terry420

Hello, I have three VapeXhale EVO units (big fan).

*disclaimer Im in TX so limited access to concentrates, and other than regular bongs and flower I never dabbed with any other equipment, just the EVO so I have limited experience other than two years with the EVO. I dont have anything to compare it against.

I am not sure Im getting normal temps. I set each unit to 12noon, 3oclock, and max, these are the temps I measure with a Fluke laser thermometer pointing down into the bamboo just to the side of the hole where a boro tube would just about bottom out.

Temps are in degrees F:

s/n EVO169xx : 205-215 degrees(@noon) (at 3 o'clock 240-250) (250-260 @max)
s/n EVO181xx: 215-230 degrees (@noon) (at 3 o'clock 205-215) (220-238@max)
s/n EVO200xx: 195-220 degrees (@noon) (at 3 o'clock 230-240) (250-265@max)

For the most part Im a low temp dabber, and seems to work for that but I expect Im not getting everything out of my material. Flower is a bit harder to get good vapor, I think it’s because the temps are so low.

Cant wait to hear from other EVO owners. Haven’t contacted support yet, wanted to know if maybe I’m just measuring the temp wrong. thanks!

terry420,
Reactions: ataxian

CANtalk

Hello, I have three VapeXhale EVO units (big fan).

*disclaimer Im in TX so limited access to concentrates, and other than regular bongs and flower I never dabbed with any other equipment, just the EVO so I have limited experience other than two years with the EVO. I dont have anything to compare it against.

I am not sure Im getting normal temps. I set each unit to 12noon, 3oclock, and max, these are the temps I measure with a Fluke laser thermometer pointing down into the bamboo just to the side of the hole where a boro tube would just about bottom out.

Temps are in degrees F:

s/n EVO169xx : 205-215 degrees(@noon) (at 3 o'clock 240-250) (250-260 @max)
s/n EVO181xx: 215-230 degrees (@noon) (at 3 o'clock 205-215) (220-238@max)
s/n EVO200xx: 195-220 degrees (@noon) (at 3 o'clock 230-240) (250-265@max)

For the most part Im a low temp dabber, and seems to work for that but I expect Im not getting everything out of my material. Flower is a bit harder to get good vapor, I think it’s because the temps are so low.

Cant wait to hear from other EVO owners. Haven’t contacted support yet, wanted to know if maybe I’m just measuring the temp wrong. thanks!
It's hard to evaluate laser temps; it can be notoriously variable on reflective surfaces and glass. Have you checked this thread for other laser measurements?

A lot of things can affect vapor production. How is it hard to get good vapor? What size ELBs? Any heatsoaking of the EVO? Dry or moist flower? Fast or slow draws? Short or long draws? Wet or dry?

At which EVO heater dial setting do you get darker brown AVB after finishing the ELB off (assuming you go to darker brown AVB extraction)? That's a metric many of us judge the EVO by and have reported on. A number of people report going to 2 and 3 o'clock on the dial without combustion. I go to 2:30 with some regularity and the AVB is not as brown as I've seen; I know I could go for higher heat extraction.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's hard to evaluate laser temps; it can be notoriously variable on reflective surfaces and glass. Have you checked this thread for other laser measurements?

A lot of things can affect vapor production. How is it hard to get good vapor? What size ELBs? Any heatsoaking of the EVO? Dry or moist flower? Fast or slow draws? Short or long draws? Wet or dry?

At which EVO heater dial setting do you get darker brown AVB after finishing the ELB off (assuming you go to darker brown AVB extraction)? That's a metric many of us judge the EVO by and have reported on. A number of people report going to 2 and 3 o'clock on the dial without combustion. I go to 2:30 with some regularity and the AVB is not as brown as I've seen; I know I could go for higher heat extraction.

U whoever try da quarts nail’s from vapexhale?
Fucking coma achieved?
The FLAVOR is epic!
FC 186 was used 2 achieve nirvana!
Coughing like a bitch?
But man I love it!
EVO if your not scared?
Need 2 lower the heat!
Got carried away?
Cage fight before vaping to enjoy the rush!

Last edited:

voyciz

I see the ELBs are back in stock at VapeXhale @voyciz. VapeXhale appears to be practicing the industry of just in-time inventory and it's on the lean side. This is still boutique manufacturer small community small production run stuff. I'll cut them some slack as long as the delays aren't too long. In the last few years I've seen stock go out for short periods of time after the few major sales of the year before. Still, definitely post up when stock we want goes out ;). I've learned to keep lots of stock because it's cheap piece of mind.

Ah OK, makes sense. Thanks for letting me know about the baskets. While I still have some, I better order some more for peace of mind as you say! I wish more places carried these baskets because I'd much rather stick with one shop for all my vape parts rather than having to bounce around to different places.

I have to ask: are you expecting to get the same amount of vapor from flower as you do with concentrate? If so, you are setting yourself up for failure. Try this, as I learned from others here in this thread: turn EVO to max heat and let it heat up for a good 20 minutes, well past the green light. Fill a basket half-full with finely ground herb, put in EVO, and set the dial to 12:00, wait for green and then go. Draw slow at first, stir every couple hits, crank dial as needed. The EVO never disappoints!

I have some great tasting fire ass Glue right now and am really enjoying it. Starting today how I ended last night, circle of life and all that.

Has anyone had success with disabling their auto-shutoff timer? It really gets on my nerves. The circuit board can't be all that complex, right? Wonder how hard this would be.

Baron23

@CANtalk - thanks for the tip. Still had some ELBs, but just ordered 8 more.

Flower vapes is not a large market, we have seen VXH roll back the breadth of their offerings, and while I hope that they are in business for a long time, 8 ELBs plus what I already have will last me a VERY long time.

TBH, I get a LOT of mileage out of ELBs. I handle them gently and soak in ISO and they come out close to new.

Cheers

CANtalk

Cheers @Baron23 :tup:. I'm like you and am good with ELBs... and keeping a reserve. I'm still on the first one I started with over a year ago now. Others chew through them much more often (it happens).

I lost a 4 piece ELB order for months... and ended up ordering 4 more again. Found that first order and I'm good for life hopefully too with at least 8 spares, :lol: lol.

The EVO delivered again today :bowdown:. Smooth, strong, dense, potent, dry low temp, wet higher temp... it was all great :nod:. Here's new pictures of my fresh Ghost Train Haze batch, which featured prominently today :science:; it's pretty good :). Big picture with lots of detail, 4660X2623.
ekg79n1sb0d41.jpg

A good look here https://i.redd.it/ekg79n1sb0d41.jpg.

I then moved on to a small ELB of excellent Blue Dream in the EVO, lovely stuff :nod:. And just recently I again moved on, now in the evening to a smaller ELB of Platinum Bubba Kush (a high THC strong est. 80% indica strain)... all these strains are standouts in my current stash, and it's been a great day :tup:.

I'm a total sucker for temp stepping in vaping... now for years; it's the best in my experience :love: (ymmv). And I find either way, the EVO delivers it all... from sipping temp stepping to big extraction one-hitters. The EVO heater is powerful and responsive. Dial in your favorite experience; the EVO delivers.

Have a great Saturday :peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Vapster707

I hope everyone isn't getting tired of my questions, I like to tap into the knowledge here as much as possible.

I purchased the Evo with the Helio mouthpiece, and I'm very happy with it. Very easy to use and clean, and it keeps the vapor cool. However I'd like to try one a hydratube for it.

On the Evo site, they currently have 4 different models in stock:
Precision Hydrabomb
Precision Honeycomb
Swiss Honeycomb (On sale for $170 instead of $200)
Calyx

I've also found a Turbine in Canada, I read in this thread somewhere that it is a good one also.

If you had to pick one, what would you choose?

Do you have a link for turbine ???

Vapster707,
Reactions: ataxian

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Been hitting some legit jungle boys and Evo is the ultimate weapon of choice, the taste, direct delivery of vapor with water filtration really nails the experiene. Started sunday morning with two sessions of the volcano for a change, but ultimately you end up grabbing the Evo.

If you have great buds, then those terpines really makes a case for the Evo.
Also use clean ELBs , buy like 15 and keep rotating batches in ISO. This is the most overlooked aspect, as the elb gets clogged the pure taste starts fading. Ive had to remind myself to clean my ELB's more often.

This thing is a Beast for sure, the experience spoils you. Top it up with the fact that Stonemonkey and his whole journey is documented on here. I remember his older posts refining his way through a lot of vaporizers to the vriptech heat wand with all his fancy glass, Then there was the various evolution of EVO models with all the member chipping in all along with their testing.

HAIL EVO !!!!

grogazola

Bam!!! Pow!!! Boom!!! VAS strikes again!!! Vapexhale looks like a premium cloud machine!

Before I consider picking it up, I’ve been trying to figure out how I would maintain this piece. How can I clean the glass tube/vapour path?

How invasive of a process is cleaning the vapour path? Can I deep clean the vapour path without voiding my warranty?

Edit - would the best way to “deep clean” the glass tube vapour path be to take a long (maybe twelve inch) wire brush dipped in hot water/isopropyl and scrub?

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
How can I clean the vapour path?

How invasive of a process is cleaning the vapour path? Can I deep clean the vapour path without voiding my warranty?
Unless you have vapor backing up, or er, down into the bamboo, the vapor-path of the EVO is only as deep as an ELB (EZ Load Bowl or herb basket) which is about 2 to 3 cm, or the concentrate nail, which is just a bit longer - the rest of it is mostly an air-path, so really, an isopropyl alcohol soaked cotton wool bud should get to the worst of any build up. Other than that, every once in a while I plug one end of the bamboo with my finger & extremely carefully pour the tiniest amount of iso directly down into the other end of the bamboo, plug it with another finger then give it a good shake. All while taking care not to spill a drop, of course. After emptying & drying the bamboo as much as possible with paper towel I leave it at least overnight to dry (very important) before using.

This seems to work for me and I think as long as your EVO shows no signs of liquid damage your warranty should remain intact in this regard :2c:
Stonemonkey and his whole journey is documented on here. I remember his older posts refining his way through a lot of vaporizers to the vriptech heat wand with all his fancy glass, Then there was the various evolution of EVO models with all the member chipping in all along with their testing.
Yep, I completely agree, that is some pretty amazing vape history right there . . . . and now it's like a bunch of old cronies sitting around in a community care home reminiscing on their heyday! :myday:

Ha! I am definitely kidding ;)

I think it's funny though, cuz I really do love my EVO, but when it's as simple as it is and works as well as it does, when nothing else is going on I find there's little more to say.

It would be so awesome if we could have a return to the good ol' days with some company/member interaction like there used to be. Who knows, maybe we'll see it again one day.

Hang on a mo . . . . now, this is a bit of a long shot but I've just had an idea . . .

@stonemonkey55, @stonemonkey55, @stonemonkey55!!!

Nothing?
Damnit.
Oh well, I tried.

beetlejuice.gif

:peace:

terry420

All, thanks for the input. re: temp settings / flower /concentrates with the EVO.

Since my post :

I have been cranking the temp up now past the marked recommended settings on the insulated sleeve and getting better results with flower, just short of it going dark at about 2-2:30 Also letting is sit at temp longer before using, and letting it "heat soak" as mentioned. Thanks for the advice on that, I guess temp levels on the insulated sleeve are not that accurate.
All three EVOs register within an acceptable range so I expect they couldn't all be burnt out. Ive been buying them on eBay, cleaning them up, using them for a bit then giving them to my friends and family so they can benefit on the cost savings with material.

Concentrates on anything past noon for me are too harsh. I use a record setting small amount.. say about the size of a smaller pot seed. That alone probably paid for the EVO by now! It took me over two year to go through a full ounce of BHO using 3-5 days a week. Nobody believes me in my circle, I also found it surprising. I have a Dr. Dabber Aurora for life away from an outlet and that thing does not give the same results per gram as the EVO but the stealth and portability is great.

:leaf:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Relaxed,

terry420

Bam!!! Pow!!! Boom!!! VAS strikes again!!! Vapexhale looks like a premium cloud machine!

Before I consider picking it up, I’ve been trying to figure out how I would maintain this piece. How can I clean the glass tube/vapour path?

Edit - would the best way to “deep clean” the glass tube vapour path be to take a long (maybe twelve inch) wire brush dipped in hot water/isopropyl and scrub?

I take two 4" pipe cleaners with the rough bristles, and twist two of them together with about a 1/4" overlap making one long 8" cleaner and slowly work them from the bottom up. If you make the twist tight enough you might be able to work the slight bulge of the wire through the narrow airpath points where they reduce down inside the EVO. I add ISO at that point and work it in and out. With a little practice you can get the other end to come out the top and with some needle nose pliers grab it and then just work it back and forth.

I do this maybe once a year, or if its a used one i just picked up online that might have had some material clogging the air-path it might need more work or an iso soak while in the EVO by using the red caps/plugs that came with it to seal the bottom/top and let sit. I dont put that much material in the quarts tube to spill over either so this is usually not a problem. cranking the temp up usually cleans it by burn off.

Top Bottom