• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

j-bug

So I’ve got an old style hydra tube that was broken and the mechanism and all is intact but the mouthpiece decidedly isn’t, however it seems very possible for someone who does glass work to repair this piece, does anyone have recommendations on folks who do repair or even finding repair options locally? What’s worked for y’all?

MinnBobber

So I’ve got an old style hydra tube that was broken and the mechanism and all is intact but the mouthpiece decidedly isn’t, however it seems very possible for someone who does glass work to repair this piece, does anyone have recommendations on folks who do repair or even finding repair options locally? What’s worked for y’all?
I had one that broke and the local glassblower wanted $60 to put on a new mouthpiece. If yours is a legit name brand, that might be worthwhile and maybe you'd find someone cheaper.

I DIY fixed mine---- a cosmetic wreck but functionally fine. I took a small glass angled piece (14M -14 F) and siliconed it over
the hole in the glass can.

I have also done that for some folks I assist, fix their wrecks with silicone. Good luck

CANtalk

FWIW, I found out that VapeXhale does offer post warranty EVO support :spidey:. The thing is it depends :myday:....

The earlier posts about not getting after-warranty service didn't make much sense to me when reading the EVO warranty on their site, which notes that repairs can be done past warranty:
After the Warranty Period, you must pay for all parts and labor charges.

So I emailed VapeXhale support to try to reconcile those discrepancies. Their reply helped explain things. Here's what VapeXhale detailed...
The possibility of repairing a unit out of warranty depends on several factors:
The type of repair needed
The model (serial number) of EVO
The condition of the EVO itself.

Our repair costs are listed on the warranty page of our website.
https://www.xhl3.com/pages/warranty-information
1) Administrative fee for all services done by XHL - $20
2) Burned out Heater* - $125.00
3) Broken Bamboo Glass - $94.99
4) Damage to electronic system due to use with 3rd party equipment. - $150.00
5) Housing Replacement Service - $75.00

That's what I've been told. So it seems some earlier versions of the EVO may not be supported any longer, however a number of newer revisions do appear to have out-of-warranty service currently available to them. I hope this helps :leaf::peace:. Always check with VapeXhale and give them your EVO info :sherlock:.

Cheers

Last edited:

CANtalk

@O-G-Reg, nice ELB loading tool! I've never seen that option before :tup:. I do prefer the gravity-fed full cone setup in the other ELB loading tool I posted recently ;); it's fast and I can go straight from the grinder clean to the ELB.

Nice to see a deck. I don't use one, though I almost bought one. Is it an EVO deck?

I'm having another great EVO Friday :tup:. A near full ELB of fresh premium flower is an big experience for me :science:. I'm enjoying it tonight. The EVO is great at microdosing as well as macrodosing and today I'm macrodosing ;). I'm on quality Strawberry Cough again :love:. Very strong, stimulating and bracing as I've mentioned before. The ramp up can be steep too, lol (as I mentioned in the what's in your vape thread) https://roadscholar-iv-prod.azureed...40jrmirhssnf/22516-uxmal-maya-steps-lghoz.jpg.

Even @ ~320F on the EVO (11 o'clock on the dial or so) the vapor was so dense I couldn't take in much or hold it on the second draw without coughing. This batch of strong sativa Strawberry Cough has such a big smell too... very much strawberry :luv:.

The experience has been strong enough I didn't even try to post here for a while
rotate.gif
. It's been a great stream of consciousness with many inspirations.

EDIT. I did another sesh at 380F (~1 o'clock on the dial) and took three pretty good draws. The graphite (smoked) Precision Honeycomb hydtratube wet with distilled water visually smoked up (i.e. dense vapor) and I couldn't take long draws. Big clouds and strong vapor :). The strong sativa killed my appetite through the day which is a nice change, lol. (Athough strong sativas have been known to suppress my appetite). Good times with the EVO.

Enjoy your Friday eve!

Last edited:

CANtalk

Happy 420!

Impressive @MothChewMoth. Great feedback on the temp. The EVO is a beast! And awesome; it can be very finely tuned for optimal and different experiences :tup:. It's so flexible and delivers the goods. I'm always looking for temps and methods that others are doing here.

I'm hitting the EVO now, after some nice outdoor exercise. I had a little SC grind left so I added 2X the amount of Acapulco Gold, and I had a small bowl of the combo here to start :):leaf:. It's potent too :brow:. I'll move to some live resin concentrates for the next session, and I'm happily having concentrates routinely now in the EVO. I'm looking forward to that Super Lemon Haze live resin experience coming :nod:.

:peace:

Last edited:

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Happy 420!

Impressive @MothChewMoth. Great feedback on the temp. The EVO is a beast! And awesome; it can be very finely tuned for optimal and different experiences :tup:. It's so flexible and delivers the goods. I'm always looking for temps and methods that others are doing here.

I'm hitting the EVO now, after some nice outdoor exercise. I had a little SC grind left so I added 2X the amount of Acapulco Gold, and I had a small bowl of it here to start :):leaf:. It's potent too :brow:. I'll move to some live resin concentrates for the next session, and I'm happily having concentrates routinely now in the EVO. I'm looking forward to that Super Lemon Haze live resin experience coming :nod:.

:peace:

The dial is in roughly 30°F increments, if you want to think about it that way, so 3 should be around 440°F. If you're willing to walk that line and find where your combustion point is, just below that will give you some good (toasty!) rips. I do 2 max at this temp to not play with fire (literally).

Keep in mind there can be variance between units, meaning yours may be hotter or cooler than mine. Good luck!

CANtalk

Just hit my second session of low temp Super Lemon Haze live resin concentrates. Smaller amounts. I slipped up a bit on the first sesh and started drawing too early. It was flavorful but not as dense for vapor/clouds as it should be. The second sesh I just did I fixed that :nod:. Big clouds and great lemony flavor on the first draw. The EVO is awesome :love:. Enjoy 420.

giphy.gif

s3vaping

I have an EVO that I purchased in December. It has been great and worked really well for my needs.

Recently I noticed it makes a clicking noise while heating up. It clicks for about a minute maybe minute and a half while it is heating up from a cold start. It seems to happen consistently every time I heat it up from cold. Then it doesn't happen anymore until I turn it on for the next use.

It still seems to be functioning the same otherwise.

I have reached out to vapexhale, but was curious if any of you have experienced this? Is it normal? Do any of your evo's click while heating up?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I have an EVO that I purchased in December. It has been great and worked really well for my needs.

Recently I noticed it makes a clicking noise while heating up. It clicks for about a minute maybe minute and a half while it is heating up from a cold start. It seems to happen consistently every time I heat it up from cold. Then it doesn't happen anymore until I turn it on for the next use.

It still seems to be functioning the same otherwise.

I have reached out to vapexhale, but was curious if any of you have experienced this? Is it normal? Do any of your evo's click while heating up?

Yep, I remember mine definitely makes some noises when heating up or cooling down. Worried me at first, but never caused an issue.

As long as your bamboo is still airtight, you're good to go. And don't worry, you'll know right away if your bamboo is cracked, youll likely have a scorched load!

s3vaping

Yep, I remember mine definitely makes some noises when heating up or cooling down. Worried me at first, but never caused an issue.

As long as your bamboo is still airtight, you're good to go. And don't worry, you'll know right away if your bamboo is cracked, youll likely have a scorched load!

My bamboo is definitely still airtight. That was the first thing the people at vapehale asked me.

Glad to hear my unit is not the only one making noise, and that the noise doesn't signal some sort of problem.

okydokes

Howdy. I’ve had my evo a couple years , I just started using with a whip and it’s been revelatory. Flavour is reduced but still good but for me the effect has really improved. I think it’s cos I was never a bong user and maybe I expect too much from a single hit. The whip better replicates smoking a spliff. So maybe give it a go if you were a toker. Peace

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Howdy. I’ve had my evo a couple years , I just started using with a whip and it’s been revelatory. Flavour is reduced but still good but for me the effect has really improved. I think it’s cos I was never a bong user and maybe I expect too much from a single hit. The whip better replicates smoking a spliff. So maybe give it a go if you were a toker. Peace
The EVO is powerful for effect & flavor is amazing!

Many choices and different need’s?

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Hi Guys,

I have 2 old 220v EVOs which haven't been in-use for years. From what I recall, the units suffered from various issues like overheating / blinking led / glowing bamboo, unidentified offgas when on max temp while basket empty (probably unclean bamboo), and maybe more issues I don't remember and in addition one of them fell on a hard surface and I wasn't sure what are the possible health consequences of using it again.

Now I want to revive them so they would be operational again to give the EVO another try.
Both of the bamboos are still airtight.
Questions:
1. Besides simple tests such as checking for bamboo being airtight and that the heater is working, are there any additional tests that can be done on the units to check for possible problems?
2. Is it a good idea to have the units shipped for bamboo replacements although the existing ones are still airtight, just for a fresher experience?
3. Is there any difference between a brand new EVO purchased today in comparison to those old ones in terms of parts / firmware / bugs fixed / problems resolved ? Is there any part that is worth replacing in my units so the units would be as similar as possible to a brand new one? Is it preferred to simply buy a new one instead of messing with those old ones?

Thanks

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hi Guys,

I have 2 old 220v EVOs which haven't been in-use for years. From what I recall, the units suffered from various issues like overheating / blinking led / glowing bamboo, unidentified offgas when on max temp while basket empty (probably unclean bamboo), and maybe more issues I don't remember and in addition one of them fell on a hard surface and I wasn't sure what are the possible health consequences of using it again.

Now I want to revive them so they would be operational again to give the EVO another try.
Both of the bamboos are still airtight.
Questions:
1. Besides simple tests such as checking for bamboo being airtight and that the heater is working, are there any additional tests that can be done on the units to check for possible problems?
2. Is it a good idea to have the units shipped for bamboo replacements although the existing ones are still airtight, just for a fresher experience?
3. Is there any difference between a brand new EVO purchased today in comparison to those old ones in terms of parts / firmware / bugs fixed / problems resolved ? Is there any part that is worth replacing in my units so the units would be as similar as possible to a brand new one? Is it preferred to simply buy a new one instead of messing with those old ones?

Thanks

How old are the two units?

Since the bamboo is airtight I would do some simple testing similar to when you get a new vape and go from there. Without an ELB inserted.....
- Do a max temp burn-off and check for smell and weird glowing.
- Check to see if the controls are working. With the unit turned off start by setting the temp to 12 o'clock and then turn it on. When it reaches temp move it to max and when it reaches temp move it back to 12. Note the color of the led (red/green) as you move through the tests.
- If the two prior tests didn't show you something concerning try using it to vape ... suggest using 12 and when 12 stops producing move to 2. Mine can combust at 3 which is why I'm not suggesting going past 2. Did the unit perform? Did it combust?

Once you do the tests above you could let us know how it works out if you want more advice but I have a feeling you'll know what your next steps should be. Its hard to make suggestions without knowing how the units will perform first.

O-G-Reg

It's a great Fri night tonight :nod:. Finished the ELB using the hydratube. A good sized ELB bowl needs to be respected and can easily be overdrawn at higher temps... ;) with big big clouds and coughing. The EVO pulls with the best; and it's a rare evape that kills at both large or small ELBs :ninja:.

@O-G-Reg, thx for that earlier aftermarket Dhgate hydratube option and link. I hope it's full size... I ordered it :tup:. It's such a great price... worth trying.
glass-mouthpiece-with-tree-percolator-vapexhale.jpg

We're lucky with the EVO; the Puffco Peak thread recently mentions that they don't have anywhere near the aftermarket water piece support that the EVO does. Cheers to all the current EVO options and support :peace::leaf: :love:.
I finally got this guy after waiting SIX WEEKS for shipping, during which the price dropped by 20% and Yimgmin5 started selling for cheaper.

Its very nice! Not perfectly straight but good enough certainly. The swiss bits add a ton of diffusion unexpectedly, they make a sort of bubble tornado. Less flavorful than my calyx knockoff, but much more vapor capacity and more comfortable. This one is for flower cloud chasers or reclaim oil.

Would buy again, probably through a different vendor perhaps a true vxh branded tube.

Jtwpayne

Hi everyone I have a couple of questions that I was wondering if you all can help with, before I ask I should let you know that my bamboo has a small crack in it so that may be a factor. I have noticed recently that whenever I take a hit from my ELB that it will taste burnt, even on the first hit of a fresh bowl. I have my Evo set to 12:30-1:00. And I pack it to 50% mostly and sometimes 70%. I check the material after every hit and it doesn’t seem burnt, do you think the crack could be causing this?. Also I have noticed that my bowls only last about 2-3 hits max now and I don’t get super cloudy hits anymore- only fairly decent ones. And I get th same amount of hits/size of hits from a 50% packed bowl as a 70% packed one. Do you think th crack could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hi everyone I have a couple of questions that I was wondering if you all can help with, before I ask I should let you know that my bamboo has a small crack in it so that may be a factor. I have noticed recently that whenever I take a hit from my ELB that it will taste burnt, even on the first hit of a fresh bowl. I have my Evo set to 12:30-1:00. And I pack it to 50% mostly and sometimes 70%. I check the material after every hit and it doesn’t seem burnt, do you think the crack could be causing this?. Also I have noticed that my bowls only last about 2-3 hits max now and I don’t get super cloudy hits anymore- only fairly decent ones. And I get th same amount of hits/size of hits from a 50% packed bowl as a 70% packed one. Do you think th crack could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you

What color is the ABV when you look at it? Black, brown. beige?

Have you tried the bamboo air leak test? Is it airtight?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
When I first got my EVO, I filled the ELB too full. I didn't get very good hits. Maybe there needs to be room for the hot air. Personally, for me, I do 1/4 full ELBs. I find much satisfaction, but I usually set my EVO to 1 o'clock.

Some folks do one-hitters: dust the bottom of an ELB and set at 2:00. There is no one correct way, just preferences.

CANtalk

@pittiserria, good luck with trying those old EVOs again :tup:. The EVO is a great and powerful vape. An ISO cleaning with some long cotton swabs (e.g., 6") wouldn't hurt either after the burn off (wait until cooled off) if you think the units may be dirty. After that, I'd take it step-by-step, pay attention to them when on and using. Don't leave them on for extended periods of time as well. Basically, turn the EVO on to heat it up, then use it before long and turn it off when finished. Less heat soak is good for the unit and for more reproducible results. See how it goes and look for any issues such as overheating, etc. The high temp burn off mentioned by @His_Highness should be for 5-10 minutes (at green) imo, i.e., not for an extended period of time. There's no need for a bamboo check or manufacturer check imo unless something is wrong. VapeXhale doesn't update older units, they just replace them. And there's no need to replace with new until something breaks or goes wrong. There have been a number of running updates to the EVO over the years, but VapeXhale hasn't really discussed the changes much.

Thx for the hydratube feedback so far @O-G-Reg :tup:. I wouldn't sweat much with a price drop on an inexpensive product, otoh missing a 20% discount on a $10K+ purchase would suck :p. I haven't made a decision on a full size hydratube yet, but I think I'd like to get a full size swiss tree hydratube at some point. I'm interested in one for concentrates. Keep us in the loop with using it ;).

@Jtwpayne, I'd do the process of elimination to try to identify the issue. As mentioned, have you checked to see if the crack in your EVO is sealing okay or not? Have you checked hot and cold? Have you cleaned the bamboo? Can you see if it's dirty? Are your attachments clean (and what are they)? That's some strange behavior with your EVO. I get more cloud vapor as I fill the ELB more. I've done sessions ranging from 1/6 of the ELB or less to the ELB being full, and my unit powers through them all very efficiently. My EVO is consistent as well. As for ELB loads, the more full the ELB the more draws I get, though it's typically only one or two more draws (whether at low temp or higher temp - I do two temps in my flower use). And one has to be consistent with draws to see that. Change the draw speed or draw time and the vapor extraction will change so keep that in mind. Either way, if you keep having issues then try to get the EVO repaired. In good working order the EVO is a beast as you know :borg::).

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have 3 EVOs. The 1st one (and 2 hydratubes) was thru the crowdsource campaign. That EVO was replaced after melting up top around the bamboo. It's number # 10073. I bought the second about 3 months later as a backup. Seldom used, that was EVO # 10970. My brother has it.

My latest EVO is from November or so. It's # is 21398. I have a digital measuring device, and, assuming I'm doing it right, the inside diameter of the bamboo is .04 mm narrower in the newest compared with the oldest. That's why I'm assuming my stash of ELBs seems a little too tight on the newer model.

Last edited:

themago

Hi Guys, I'm at a loss with my CloudEvo, it's definitely the best vape I've ever used (Used to have a Plenty and still have an Arizer Extreme Q) but - I do use it in a foreign country (Brazil to be exact) and I think I've broken it. I'm not sure if it stopped working after a thunderstorm (it was storming quite badly around the time) or from using the incorrect voltage... It was working fine for months, but then all of the sudden just stopped turning on. No light up, no heating. It was bought directly off the xhl3.com website and then brought to me... I can't even figure out how to take it apart, as I've tried various allen keys and torx keys and neither will fit and unscrew so that I can take it apart and see if I can see any of the damage. I've already voided the warranty since I've used it out of country and it wouldn't be worth trying to ship it back to the US anyway...

CANtalk

I'm enjoying the EVO again this weekend. I had a few friends over last night and the EVO didn't disappoint :nod:. Potent with a strong sativa :science:.

Today I did some Super Lemon Haze Live resin (doing it regularly now). The first EVO session was a small dab @ 12:00 on the heat dial and it was great and flavorful. That's a new temp setting (I'm still trying new things) and it's good :tup:. The first draw had great lemon flavors coming through... with no toastiness at all.

I just did the second session a little over a few hours later... and a bigger amount - excellent :nod:. I'm looking forward to trying rosin in the EVO (;) @ataxian), plus maybe some HTFSE and/or sauce, etc :). The EVO's been great with both flower and concentrates :love:.

And I have a near 1/2 ELB of fresh Acapulco Gold flower ready for later :clap:. I love that sativa. Enjoy the weekend :leaf::peace:.

Top Bottom