• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

foggyforests

...i dont know how many 'tips' you need with the evo, it's pretty much 'auto drive'...
...did they only make one actual tip video that went... "put herb in basket, insert into joint, inhale"

I'm sure you're being sarcastic but I was a newbie to vaping when I first bought the evo so I had a plethora of questions that get asked repeatedly on here and other forums about the evo.

Their tip videos on how to use the nails properly and how much to use were helpful. They had a few cleaning tips that were nice. Basically just videos that, if searched for, keeps a person from asking questions on forums that have been answered.

I wouldn't mind a more in-depth dab guide for the evo. I struggle to get clean hits without getting black charred stuff on the bottom of the nails. I've heard there is a good guide from a chick in this thread somewhere but I can't find it...

hey guys i recently got my evo back from repair and i turned it on and tried to take a draw but was getting no air, my dumb self forgot to take the red cap off the bottom of the bamboo. when i took it off it had burn marks inside. do you think this will effect the taste of my flower?

Are you sure they're burn marks? The bottom of my bamboo doesn't even get warm to the touch... that's strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron23

I'm planning on buying this beauty, anyone has any idea how much can you pack in just one bowl? What's the maximum you can put in just one bowl and still have a good performance ? I read it's about 70% of the bowl, but how much is that in terms of weight ? 0.5 g ? Cheers
I think .5 g would be pushing it. Depending on grind, .25 - .3 g is what I think of as max and still have best performance.

Others may differ but why worry about it. Its a desktop so you are going to be sitting somewhere at a table. Put in .2 g, vape it, empty it, put in another .2 g, etc. :tup::rockon:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I'm planning on buying this beauty, anyone has any idea how much can you pack in just one bowl? What's the maximum you can put in just one bowl and still have a good performance ? I read it's about 70% of the bowl, but how much is that in terms of weight ? 0.5 g ? Cheers

The optimum performance of the EVO is a function of volume density, not weight density which will vary somewhat from one strain to the next. The EVO wants air turbulence in the ELB, that's what facilitates even and efficient vaporization. Loosely filled to 70% is about the max, closer to 50% is optimum. But of course each to his own and so YMMV and probably will.

hey guys i recently got my evo back from repair and i turned it on and tried to take a draw but was getting no air, my dumb self forgot to take the red cap off the bottom of the bamboo. when i took it off it had burn marks inside. do you think this will effect the taste of my flower?

Where exactly are the burn marks?

:myday::science:

Caution: :rant:

An unrelated aside for the old-timers ... so Vapexhale has changed its logo to use "XHL", replacing the original "VXL". I have no idea why. But I hope it was for a very good reason, 'cause IMHO the new letters are rather ridiculous. I mean, it stands for "exhale"; what's unique about that?

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think .5 g would be pushing it. Depending on grind, .25 - .3 g is what I think of as max and still have best performance.

Others may differ but why worry about it. Its a desktop so you are going to be sitting somewhere at a table. Put in .2 g, vape it, empty it, put in another .2 g, etc. :tup::rockon:
.3 + or - per load. 4:20PM

.2 + or - morning time.
leNK1Ong.jpg

EVO + GUAVA 0.30 this 4:20 LEMON JUICE RISE on the WP = CIVILIZED

9mm glass thickness.

JohnDank

I'm sure you're being sarcastic but I was a newbie to vaping when I first bought the evo so I had a plethora of questions that get asked repeatedly on here and other forums about the evo.

Their tip videos on how to use the nails properly and how much to use were helpful. They had a few cleaning tips that were nice. Basically just videos that, if searched for, keeps a person from asking questions on forums that have been answered.

I wouldn't mind a more in-depth dab guide for the evo. I struggle to get clean hits without getting black charred stuff on the bottom of the nails. I've heard there is a good guide from a chick in this thread somewhere but I can't find it...

Are you sure they're burn marks? The bottom of my bamboo doesn't even get warm to the touch... that's strange.

The optimum performance of the EVO is a function of volume density, not weight density which will vary somewhat from one strain to the next. The EVO wants air turbulence in the ELB, that's what facilitates even and efficient vaporization. Loosely filled to 70% is about the max, closer to 50% is optimum. But of course each to his own and so YMMV and probably will.

Where exactly are the burn marks?

:myday::science:

Caution: :rant:

An unrelated aside for the old-timers ... so Vapexhale has changed its logo to use "XHL", replacing the original "VXL". I have no idea why. But I hope it was for a very good reason, 'cause IMHO the new letters are rather ridiculous. I mean, it stands for "exhale"; what's unique about that?

o8ds00.jpg

JohnDank,

Ripbongs420

vapiff

I saw that too last time I was on their website. I agree, not a fan. They will always be VXL to me.

oldiebutgoodie

o8ds00.jpg

I have no idea what the black residue is from. My best (and admittedly, poor) guess is that maybe something got into the cap or bamboo while at the repair facility. Since the bamboo is apparently intact ("tried to take a draw but no air") I wouldn't worry about it. It's been two days, how is the taste?

Last edited:

pfffz

Thanks for the answers regarding the maximum amount in the chamber :) How many hits do you usually get per bowl ? In my arizer solo 2 I usually have to hit 5-6 times depending on the herb.. is this something similar to the solo ? Or more similar to the vapcap where you can extract everything in just 1 or 2 big hits? Cheers!

pfffz,
Reactions: JCat

oldiebutgoodie

Thanks for the answers regarding the maximum amount in the chamber :) How many hits do you usually get per bowl ? In my arizer solo 2 I usually have to hit 5-6 times depending on the herb.. is this something similar to the solo ? Or more similar to the vapcap where you can extract everything in just 1 or 2 big hits? Cheers!

I know there are individuals that can do .5 ELB in 1-2 big hits. Of course, I don't know if you are one of them. :) It's a difficult question because there are other variables like the water piece, the user's capacity, hitting style, and the herb. For example, my oldie lungs can't comfortably handle my big Mobius Matrix anymore; when I used it I would load approx 1/4-1/3 ELB and nail it all in one hit. My Evolver HydraTree is comfortable but the vapor is less dense; the same amount of herb will take me about 4 hits. My favorite Mobius Ion delivers dense vapor nearly like the big Mobius but the can is a third smaller; 2-3 hits. This of course is just my experience. YMMV and certainly will.

Keep in mind though that the EVO's extraction efficiency is exceptional compared to the vast majority of vapes. Consequently all other things being equal you will probably get more dense vapor with the EVO. IMHO new EVO users are smart to experiment a lot with load, temp, style, and as budget may permit, glass, because most users can really dial in the EVO to perform just as they would like.

:myday::peace::rockon:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I know there are individuals that can do .5 ELB in 1-2 big hits. Of course, I don't know if you are one of them. :) It's a difficult question because there are other variables like the water piece, the user's capacity, hitting style, and the herb. For example, my oldie lungs can't comfortably handle my big Mobius Matrix anymore; when I used it I would load approx 1/4-1/3 ELB and nail it all in one hit. My Evolver HydraTree is comfortable but the vapor is less dense; the same amount of herb will take me about 4 hits. My favorite Mobius Ion delivers dense vapor nearly like the big Mobius but the can is a third smaller; 2-3 hits. This of course is just my experience. YMMV and certainly will.

Keep in mind though that the EVO's extraction efficiency is exceptional compared to the vast majority of vapes. Consequently all other things being equal you will probably get more dense vapor with the EVO. IMHO new EVO users are smart to experiment a lot with load, temp, style, and as budget may permit, glass, because most users can really dial in the EVO to perform just as they would like.

:myday::peace::rockon:
Just do what work's for U?
fygPRA8.jpg

EVO = CIVILIZED

bener

Vapeologist
I love the tip of the week videos, however they stopped making actual tip videos pretty quickly and started posting advertisements instead. I suppose you can only have so many tips.

I am not sure where and when they posted tip and other helpful hint videos in the past, but there are some fairly recent tips.

Presently, on the Vapexhale website, when one visits the videos do seem to be more marketing and branding focused, but if one goes to YouTube, the Vapexhale page has plenty of tips. There are also tips and FAQs on the Evolvethegreen Site. Here's another page at that site that goes directly to the Tips & Tricks

i dont know how many 'tips' you need with the evo, it's pretty much 'auto drive'...
...did they only make one actual tip video that went... "put herb in basket, insert into joint, inhale"

You probably already know this stuff and more, but some of us weren't born knowing it all already. So, for those of us that may want some tips and pointers, they are available.

It really depends on your material and how medicated you want to get -- I have found that one can do a tiny amount (a pinch) or fill up as much as 75% or so.

See those links I posted above -- that's where I found a tip of the week about deep cleaning of nails (they suggest using an ultrasonic cleaner).

From the tips and my experience I have learned that, for me, the nails are most easily cleaned if I:
  • use smaller quantities rather than more
  • be mindful of drawing slowly, especially at first, so that one doesn't draw the concentrate up the sides of the nails as one inhales
  • clean the nails at the end of a session rather than let them accumulate buildup over a couple of sessions.
and NOT in any of the tips I've seen, but the best cleaner I have used so far is PBW. Simply dropping the nails into a PBW solution after I've burned off the residual and let them cool, usually is about all I need. An overnight soak usually results in the deposits just rinsing off and sometimes I do have to scrub a bit with a test tube brush.

Others may differ but why worry about it. Its a desktop so you are going to be sitting somewhere at a table. Put in .2 g, vape it, empty it, put in another .2 g, etc.

Good advice -- just mess around with amounts to find what works for YOU.

The EVO wants air turbulence in the ELB, that's what facilitates even and efficient vaporization. Loosely filled to 70% is about the max, closer to 50% is optimum.

And to add to this, I have found that when I load my ELB with smaller loads, the ELBs need a lot less cleaning!

How many hits do you usually get per bowl ?

Depends on the material and how hard you inhale!

IMHO new EVO users are smart to experiment a lot with load, temp, style, and as budget may permit, glass, because most users can really dial in the EVO to perform just as they would like.

Wonderful advice! There's not just ONE correct way to use the EVO. It's very adaptable to how you prefer to use it.

I suggest you set out to do some research in your own Vape Lab to see what are your preferred methods of using the EVO. You may find that you have several methods that you enjoy.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete

Vape, exhale, it was self explanatory. If they’ve changed the name how are people going to know what to do when they get their Evos now :lol:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
You probably already know this stuff and more, but some of us weren't born knowing it all already. So, for those of us that may want some tips and pointers, they are available.

...i guess that was a bad attempt to humour? i did not mean to offend...

...my point however is the evo is one of the easiest vapes to use imo... which makes it great...

JohnDank

I have no idea what the black residue is from. My best (and admittedly, poor) guess is that maybe something got into the cap or bamboo while at the repair facility. Since the bamboo is apparently intact ("tried to take a draw but no air") I wouldn't worry about it. It's been two days, how is the taste?

i dont taste plastic or anything other than my weed but its still sorta in the back of my mind lol

JCat

Accessory Maker
I love my evo, love the customer support.

Only gripes I have is how expensive all of their accessories are and how they seem to focus more on gimmicky marketing videos and social media crap than lowering costs.

$100 for 5 quartz nails that have pretty much all broken on me now.. they somehow get tiny holes on the bottom. The boro nails are still fine, oddly enough.

Knockoff quartz nails are not pretty, but at least they're not breaking on me constantly.
There’s cloudytubes.ca for 3rd party quartz nails (Canadian) ... I’d like to try some but I don’t want 5!

Does anyone want to split? I only want 2! I posted this in classifieds too :)

They look nice ... rounded bottom not flat which I think will be better ...

JCat,

jerseydvd

Would you say that is best (and most affordable) to order direct from vapexhale?
I’ve got glass, so I guess I’d just need the base unit?
Thanks all! ✌️

jerseydvd,

bener

Vapeologist
Would you say that is best (and most affordable) to order direct from vapexhale?
I’ve got glass, so I guess I’d just need the base unit?
Thanks all! ✌️

I don't know if it's the "Best" but Vapexhale frequently offers discounts of 15-20% during sales. They just had one for Valentine's Day. There are other vendors that carry the EVO and some of them probably have discounts too.

If you have other glass you'll probably just need an adapter or two to connect the EVO to your glass. Just remember that if you want to do concentrates with your EVO, you can't invert it.

jerseydvd

I don't know if it's the "Best" but Vapexhale frequently offers discounts of 15-20% during sales. They just had one for Valentine's Day. There are other vendors that carry the EVO and some of them probably have discounts too.

If you have other glass you'll probably just need an adapter or two to connect the EVO to your glass. Just remember that if you want to do concentrates with your EVO, you can't invert it.
Thanks for the reply. I’m on the list, so I’m sure another 20% will pop up soon. Seems like a good value. I’m flower only, and I’m going to need something to microdose easily for medical reasons. I think this would be the best and easiest for me to get a nice extraction. Plus, I want a desktop unit, like water, and have some glass already.
Jerseydvd

jerseydvd,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Is it normal for the hydrabomb to whistle so loud that it wakes up my girlfriend and disturbs my pets :(

Seems really loud to me since the mobius matrix percs didn’t whistle and it’s a replica of their design.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Is it normal for the hydrabomb to whistle so loud that it wakes up my girlfriend and disturbs my pets :(

Seems really loud to me since the mobius matrix percs didn’t whistle and it’s a replica of their design.
All Evos and each piece of glass has their own unique whistle profile. For all of my pieces, including the hydrabomb, I can get the whistle to go away by changing (sometimes faster, sometimes slower) my draw speed.

darkrom

Great Scott!
All Evos and each piece of glass has their own unique whistle profile. For all of my pieces, including the hydrabomb, I can get the whistle to go away by changing (sometimes faster, sometimes slower) my draw speed.

I’ve been experimenting with this and it seems like I can get no hit and silence, slow draw and slow whistle or fast draw and fast whistle. It’s quite loud.

darkrom,

jvainio

Volcano for ~10yrs - VapeXhale Cloud Evo in '16
I have to say that I kinda like the whistling.

I don't know about the guys living in the U.S but here in Europe there is some old german childs tale: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

And I always think about this story or alternatively imagine I am some flute player in some jazz concert when whistling it up with my Evo...

I don't get any whistle if I just suck slowly. I have the Classic Turbine hydrotube.

But at higher suctions the whistling is, just as in a jazz concert!

Whistle it up!

darkrom

Great Scott!
I have to say that I kinda like the whistling.

I don't know about the guys living in the U.S but here in Europe there is some old german childs tale: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

And I always think about this story or alternatively imagine I am some flute player in some jazz concert when whistling it up with my Evo...

I don't get any whistle if I just suck slowly. I have the Classic Turbine hydrotube.

But at higher suctions the whistling is, just as in a jazz concert!

Whistle it up!

That’s fair but very personal preference. Unfortunately myself and my girlfriend and pets find it jarring. And I’ve had to explain to my visitors that I’m not quite sure why it’s whistling so loud and that it’s not normal for the vape. I feel like I have to defend the glass honestly. If I had a bong to use with this the hydrabomb would be collecting dust over the whistle. It’s not minor.

I did buy the whole package because I didn’t really need or want a bong, but I’m kind of regretting not putting the $150 to a mobius unless there is something I can do to quiet this glass down.

Does anyone have a hydrabomb that doesn’t whistle?

Last edited:
darkrom,
Top Bottom