Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nope I’m talking about the very first ones that were made with American glass. But yeah a custom order might be best ,kinda wanted them with the monkey symbol and all for the nostalgia 😆

Haha alright then! Suspected there was a possibility I was talking to an OG :D:cool:Yeah as long as you are going custom, maybe they can do the logo too lol (nothing wrong with the China foots though if you just need something, I honestly cannot tell if there is any difference with mine, I have one from the hydratree so it could be US made perhaps and the other one I got from their going out of business sale so it is certainly Chinese)

Shit Snacks,

Likun

Yep Genesis Glass (yingmin5 and lumin88) have a wide variety, so it depends what you like exactly, I have the old official evolver hydratree and hydracerc 2.0s and got a small hydrabase from lumin88 (it has 14 mm female) that is pretty nice quality, I think they've gotten much better than they were originally? I don't like a lot of the newer designs unfortunately, though I am sure they can be quite effective (they have fancy ones like the triple honeycomb, kein incycler, and swiss tubes) Head over to check out the cheap glass thread for more (ideally you'll want to use the search feature though to find what you are looking for exactly)
Is there a specific piece you could recommend? It looks like there aren't as many options as a few years ago.
I'm mostly looking for flavor and clouds in that order.

Likun,

sweetherb

Is there a specific piece you could recommend? It looks like there aren't as many options as a few years ago.
In that case, just use any of them without water. Using water in a glass piece with any vape is going to remove more flavor than any impact of technique, chamber size, etc.

sweetherb,
Reactions: CANtalk

Shit Snacks

This is the base that I have, and I always wanted to try this semi recycler tube:
(the ceator of sticky bricks and them turn this into a bent neck after discovering the original straight neck design as one of the first hydrotubes ever available on DHgate and was the first available with hydro bricks as a result)

However I think people really liked this one, at least when it was available from VXL, I think it was one of the fancier type of exclusive pricier designs:
(tree perc is not so ideal imo and can be more annoying to clean, though the swiss holes would be really nice, I'm also not a fan of the mouthpiece, but sidecar orientation like this would be cool to use... Despite the tree this could probably be a good option for dry use actually and less frequent cleaning)
(^this one is slightly different)

This one looks pretty good too, great perc for more flavor retention, and seems like a good design for outer single uptake klein recycler with incycler drain, although I'm not certain how well it will function in use as I've never seen it?
You could use less water though and not have to worry about the recycler function much at all, just some extra weird pathway, however with enough water it should be able to recycle and work very well for dabbing, and looking at the design I think it could actually work well for herbal vaping recycle too depending on airflow etc)

Remember this was the classic for direct dry use:

This is a good one for modular mouthpiece connection (I don't like the ones with matrix perc so this one has a simpler circ perc I'd prefer) simple minimal water and could be used dry too:

I remember them also having the slitted inline perc to triple honeycomb disc sidecar hydro tube, that was another expensive high-end model from VXL, but I'm not seeing it there now (maybe in the yingmin store) that one would be most smooth with water however so probably not what you want exactly compared to these others

maremaresing

Get this one!!!!

I've never used it with water, nor will I. Dry it's incredible with high airflow, excellent cooling, and massive clouds. Like ripping a huge straight bong of vapor. Flavor is, of course, preserved due to using it dry.

My post about it is here:

I've been wanting this type of hydratube (big one on right) on a vapexhale since the OG Cloud first released. I even had an OG cloud back in the day but couldn't get the OG hydratube. This hydratube with a rolled opening on top like a straight beaker is my holy grail. I've posted here as well as searched the bottom of the internet trying to find one with an 18mm opening for use on my evo, with no luck.

Well, Yingmin5 Store decided to produce one, and my heart nearly stopped when I saw it. It, and the hydratube base bubbler (left) arrived a week ago and it's everything I ever dreamed it could be. It's also MASSIVE. Like, twice as big as I expected and really heavy with thick glass.

I use it dry, and find the matrix plus all the glass does a great job off cooling vapor. The EVO really shines with this volumnous piece, whitewalling near instantly. I tap out before the EVO, and can clear half an ELB in a single rip. Seriously, I can pull as hard as I can on this due to the wide mouth and setup, and the EVO only generates more vapor.

It goes without saying that I'm over the moon for the EVO, and it has a permanent place in my rotation. There is something about the vapor signature that just feels good and complete and way stronger than I expect each time.

Shit Snacks

Get this one!!!!

I've never used it with water, nor will I. Dry it's incredible with high airflow, excellent cooling, and massive clouds. Like ripping a huge straight bong of vapor. Flavor is, of course, preserved due to using it dry.

My post about it is here:

Nice, yeah that looks like the base I have and linked above, your link doesn't take me anywhere except DHG homepage, but I see that is just their straight tube with matrix? Not my style at all of course, though I'm glad it is working so well for you dry!

Shit Snacks,

Supplanter

Would I have a problem using a EVO UK version in the US/CAN if I use a 220v to 110v converter? Would there be issues with the amount of heat?

Supplanter,
Reactions: CANtalk

Garybuchanen

Nice, yeah that looks like the base I have and linked above, your link doesn't take me anywhere except DHG homepage, but I see that is just their straight tube with matrix? Not my style at all of course, though I'm glad it is working so well for you dry!
Would you happen to have a link for the base ? …thanks
GB

Garybuchanen,

Shit Snacks

Would you happen to have a link for the base ? …thanks
GB

I shared it above, there's an option to get just the base, and you can find it in another listing I think if you browse the store?

Should be advised the bowl joint and for the downstem is 14 mm although the top joint for the hydro tube connection is still 18 mm

Shit Snacks,

CANtalk

Lots of great feedback already. I've had both OEM & DHGate glass for the EVO, the DHGate stuff is definitely a step down (but cheaper). Fit, finish, not as durable either. OTOH, it's obviously difficult to find OEM glass now. Note that @Sohigha has had OEM glass available in addition to the heater repair service.

My current glass includes a Swiss Tree hydrabase, a Swiss Tree hydratube & a Helio style dry hydratube. I love the Swiss Tree percs, very sexy. I do love Honeycomb percs too.

Honestly, I only use the dry Helio mouthpiece now & been this way for a few years+. I find dry vaping far superior in punch & f/x over wet vaping, ommy. The Helio keeps vapor condensation loss is much lower, which is great. And it's so easy & quick to clean, plus it's cheap & fairly durable. I clean any glass I use once a week with PBW.

I'd love to know who made the VapeXhale Helio mouthpiece, it's far superior to the DHGgate ones. The slits in the 18 mm connector of the Helio are cut in roughly on the DHgate mouthpieces. And that doesn't work well with ultrasonic cleaners. I broke one in that spot quickly :mad:. I had an OEM Helio before that for years & it worked beautifully with ultrasonic cleaners. Anyone know?

GLWC @maremaresing.

TGIF & great to see fellow VapeXhale owners & enthusiasts.

:peace: :leaf:

Shit Snacks

Wooooaaahh :whoa:
Screenshot-20240614-191336.png

Lots of great feedback already. I've had both OEM & DHGate glass for the EVO, the DHGate stuff is definitely a step down (but cheaper). Fit, finish, not as durable either. OTOH

Have you tried every variation of the DHgate options available though? Although many are the same, there are a lot of different manufacturers and specific pieces, while some of the OEM glass near the end at least was quite poor in quality as well (so I just don't think it is a universal thing as there is so many different production runs of different pieces made by different places)

Last edited:

CANtalk

Would I have a problem using a EVO UK version in the US/CAN if I use a 220v to 110v converter? Would there be issues with the amount of heat?
I've heard it can be finicky. Maybe @Sohigha can help?

Have you tried every variation of the DHgate options available though? Although many are the same, there are a lot of different manufacturers and specific pieces, while some of the OEM glass near the end at least was quite poor in equality as well (so I just don't think it is a universal thing as there is so many different production runs of different pieces made by different places)
Last few times I checked there are not many DHGate VapeXhale hydratube / hydratube options. And there's lots of overlap (i.e., same source)

:peace: :leaf:

Likun

This is the base that I have, and I always wanted to try this semi recycler tube:
(the ceator of sticky bricks and them turn this into a bent neck after discovering the original straight neck design as one of the first hydrotubes ever available on DHgate and was the first available with hydro bricks as a result)

However I think people really liked this one, at least when it was available from VXL, I think it was one of the fancier type of exclusive pricier designs:
(tree perc is not so ideal imo and can be more annoying to clean, though the swiss holes would be really nice, I'm also not a fan of the mouthpiece, but sidecar orientation like this would be cool to use... Despite the tree this could probably be a good option for dry use actually and less frequent cleaning)
(^this one is slightly different)

This one looks pretty good too, great perc for more flavor retention, and seems like a good design for outer single uptake klein recycler with incycler drain, although I'm not certain how well it will function in use as I've never seen it?
You could use less water though and not have to worry about the recycler function much at all, just some extra weird pathway, however with enough water it should be able to recycle and work very well for dabbing, and looking at the design I think it could actually work well for herbal vaping recycle too depending on airflow etc)

Remember this was the classic for direct dry use:

This is a good one for modular mouthpiece connection (I don't like the ones with matrix perc so this one has a simpler circ perc I'd prefer) simple minimal water and could be used dry too:

I remember them also having the slitted inline perc to triple honeycomb disc sidecar hydro tube, that was another expensive high-end model from VXL, but I'm not seeing it there now (maybe in the yingmin store) that one would be most smooth with water however so probably not what you want exactly compared to these others
Looks like I forgot to answer here! Mea culpa.
I actually went with this one :)
Will try it dry first, then maybe eventually with water.

VXhale_Fan_85

Wooooaaahh :whoa:
Screenshot-20240614-191336.png

Hey!! This is a piece I have commissioned through The Glass Carpenter ( https://www.instagram.com/the_glass_carpenter ).

I love the Cloud Evo, but recently broke the OG glass that came with it. I too turned to dhgate and got a replacement glass but was immediately let down once I got it in my hands. The base of the glass piece is slanted, the glass tube going into the perc is off center and cut at an angle, there was no thought into the water chamber and thus can only hold a small amount of water or else you’re breathing in the bubbles, etc. I really wanted a custom piece and found a semi local artist that I enjoyed their work. Reached out via IG, gave photos/dimensions of the glass piece and started a conversation about a custom one. A couple of weeks later and here we are! I’ve yet to get this piece in my hands as I got the same video basically but I’m beyond please with what I’ve seen this far. Once I get it in I may post some photos.

TLDR: that’s my piece! I highly recommend reaching out to an artist you enjoy and collaborate with them on what you want!

Sohigha

Nope I’m talking about the very first ones that were made with American glass. But yeah a custom order might be best ,kinda wanted them with the monkey symbol and all for the nostalgia 😆
Swagger glass was the OG! I’m not sure if the monkey was on it, that came later. Grab Labs did a vxl collab too. Bothe Swagger and Grav Lab had their logo on the glass.

I turned my unit back on last night and was working w no issues. Hope it stays working. I do have another cloud Evo that had a heater issue, unit turns on but light remains red. Would love to get that serviced. Such an amazing device.
brokedownchalice@gmail.com should you need a repair. ❤️

Does anyone know any store that might be selling hydro base/foot? Been looking haven’t really come across any ,thanks !
GB
I’m going through my stuff. I’m not sure if I have a HydraBase. I definitely have a few hydra feet. brokedownchalice@gmail.com I could give you my price sheet. 😊

I have straight neck hydra tree brand new still in the package.

An inverter is not compatible with the pcb. It can cause the unit to overheat. I have refurbs if you want to swap out the 220 for a 110.

Likun

As my hydratube hasn't arrived yet.. Can I use the cloud evo upside down in a regular water piece without any issues? If so, Can I leave it like that for a few minutes?

Shit Snacks

As my hydratube hasn't arrived yet.. Can I use the cloud evo upside down in a regular water piece without any issues? If so, Can I leave it like that for a few minutes?

It is fine, although a bit unwieldly, and awkward depending on the piece you are using it with, however definitely I would not leave it on there for a few minutes! Only leave it there as you are hitting it, aside from the risk of knocking over, I also feel like vapor would then rise inside the bamboo?? When I had one, and ended up picking up a whip adapter assembly, so I could connect to other water pieces and keep the Evo upright, I did not like using it upside down on a rig at all (was almost worse than LSV for me like that lol) regardless personally I wouldn't really leave any vape, sitting on a bowl, sitting on a bubbler, when not in use

maremaresing

You gotta give it a little pressy press to bend the cap out so it fits firmly, sometimes. But that sounds tragic. So sorry for your loss.

I'm sick today and not sure which vaporizer can make me not cough and be in pain, but also provide the slap I need to stop the chills and aches. The Evo with the straight matrix hydratube (with water in it for the first time), plus some northern lights, is the future winner I think. Fingers crossed.

maremaresing,

InhaleExhale

You gotta give it a little pressy press to bend the cap out so it fits firmly, sometimes. But that sounds tragic. So sorry for your loss.
Yeah I've since done that...but the chance of dumping the bowl again gave me an aversion to using it that way. Fool me once shame on you...etc. In the end it was easier to use a hydratube or a short length of silicone hose with adapters instead of risking to dump the contents of an ELB.

InhaleExhale,

Garybuchanen

Yeah I've since done that...but the chance of dumping the bowl again gave me an aversion to using it that way. Fool me once shame on you...etc. In the end it was easier to use a hydratube or a short length of silicone hose with adapters instead of risking to dump the contents of an ELB.
You’ll be fine if you try what our guy suggested. Sucks when it happens but it’s easy to avoid.

Garybuchanen,

sweetherb

I stopped using the EVO inverted after the basket cap fell out and dumped my herb into my water pipe! :doh::rolleyes:
I have a couple of baskets that are slightly too wide, so stick firmly in the bamboo. I keep these separate and use them exclusively for inverted vaping.

sweetherb,
Top Bottom