Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

bronxbomber2627

Hey all,

Has any bought these ‘VapeXhale Compatible EZ Load Bowls’ from vaporbros.com?

If anyone has how close we’re they to the OEMs?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Has anyone had any luck repairing a dead evo?

My unit sadly stopped working a few months ago - I haven’t kept up with the vape scene too much over the last few years, so I wasn’t aware vapexhale had closed up shop :(

I was going to just write it off as dead, but last night I plugged it in and the thing worked like a champ again!

I got a good 4-5 power cycles out of it, it vaped just as well as I remembered - I thought it had somehow miraculously just fixed itself.

Then I go to turn it on this morning, and it’s dead again :(

When I say dead, literally zero power - no red led, no buzzing from the relay, it doesn’t heat up at all, just dead. The glass is in perfect condition, and the heater wires seem to have continuity - I don’t think the heater itself has died (or if it has, it has not broken the circuit I guess)

I’ve opened it up and poked around a little with my multimeter, but I’m not really experienced enough to know what I should do from there - basically all I could do was verify that the mains power is definitely making it to the main board, and the power switch definitely works.

I’ve traced the 240V power coming in to the unit, but once it gets to an IC im kind of lost as to how to follow it from there…

I’m assuming I’m gonna be mostly out of luck here, but if anyone can link me to some info on repairing an evo it would be AMAZING.

If not, any pointers towards some current gen vapes would be nice (I haven’t checked FCs rules in a bit, so suggestions via DM are welcome if they’re not allowed in this thread), otherwise I’ll probably just get myself another LSV

mad_vaper

My unit sadly stopped working a few months ago - I haven’t kept up with the vape scene too much over the last few years, so I wasn’t aware vapexhale had closed up shop :(

I was going to just write it off as dead, but last night I plugged it in and the thing worked like a champ again!

I got a good 4-5 power cycles out of it, it vaped just as well as I remembered - I thought it had somehow miraculously just fixed itself.

When I say dead, literally zero power - no red led, no buzzing from the relay, it doesn’t heat up at all, just dead. The glass is in perfect condition, and the heater wires seem to have continuity - I don’t think the heater itself has died (or if it has, it has not broken the circuit I guess)

I’ve opened it up and poked around a little with my multimeter, but I’m not really experienced enough to know what I should do from there - basically all I could do was verify that the mains power is definitely making it to the main board, and the power switch definitely works.

I’ve traced the 240V power coming in to the unit, but once it gets to an IC im kind of lost as to how to follow it from there…

I’m assuming I’m gonna be mostly out of luck here, but if anyone can link me to some info on repairing an evo it would be AMAZING.

If not, any pointers towards some current gen vapes would be nice (I haven’t checked FCs rules in a bit, so suggestions via DM are welcome if they’re not allowed in this thread), otherwise I’ll probably just get myself another LSV
@Sohigha on here repairs evo's, she is the real deal, hit her up

CANtalk

Thx @bronxbomber2627 for the ELB info!

Sorry to hear about the broken EVO, I'd definitely fix it over buying a new vape. The EVO is my personal end game type of vape & I love how I don't have to worry about burning myself or the house down :razz:. It's fairly discrete too. If the EVO dies, I'll be reaching out to @Sohigha for sure & I'll look to the used market as well. @Sohigha has been a great resource for the EVO and related parts / repairs here, keep it going!

I hope everyone else is vaping excellently with the EVO & by all means share some talk here :clap:. The EVO is still the vape I use 99.5% of the time. I like to dry vape for lots of potency and start at 320 F which gives lots of vapor and strong cerebral stimulation. I later temp step & finish the bowl at a higher temps. It's a smooth operator 🥳. The whole EVO ecosystem is excellent & an ELB loading tool plus small brushes are indispensable (both described earlier in this thread). I'm still on basically the same single ELB over four years in now :).

Here's a recent batch of Maui Wowie I've been enjoying in the EVO (a strong sativa), it's been great :luv: :science: :evil:.
hho30zvyk92b1.jpg

Cheers & have a great long weekend

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

bigtvapes

So with the EVOs starting to really go in numbers, what other vaporizers are you folks using? I have a DBV as a backup and a lil portable too. But if you folks are using a unit that works well and conveniently with the Vapexhale glass I spent a cringeworthy amount of money on I'd love to know what you're using and how youre liking it :)

bigtvapes,
Reactions: CANtalk

InhaleExhale

So with the EVOs starting to really go in numbers, what other vaporizers are you folks using? I have a DBV as a backup and a lil portable too. But if you folks are using a unit that works well and conveniently with the Vapexhale glass I spent a cringeworthy amount of money on I'd love to know what you're using and how youre liking it :)
I'll keep this short since it's frowned upon to do recommendations in primary product pages. I suggest looking at ruby ball vapes, and recommend reading Compare your balls. I have a Phase3 ZX that I love (haven't even turned on EVO since acquiring a few months back). There is a lot of enthusiasm for other ruby ball vapes such as the Zeal, the O'connell Wordworks TKO, the Old Head Freight Train, CH Flowerpot - and many others I have missed! These aren't session vapes though, I often finish .005g in a single hit!

If you invested in hydratubes I'd recommend searching DHGate for "Vapexhale Bases" or just "Vapexhale" as there aren't many makers doing them. Sunshinestore, stevenlmz79, lumin88 are the last few IIRC. I have 2 DHGate Hydratubes (matrix and swiss tree) that I periodically use with a sunshinestore base w/tree perc.

Only other vapes I know that use hydratubes are the Sticky Brick Maxx and the Flip Brick.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Great reply @InhaleExhale !!!

@bigtvapes

Check this thread out in Reddit, it's a bit old but should give you some ideas of directions you can head!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/chinaglass/comments/mvpuyq
I still have my LE Swagger glass tube that came with my croudstarter Evo!
I also need to get a base as it's an awesome tube!

I have moved onto ball vapes as they are the pinnacle of vaping at the moment!
There is a huge range of choices out there at the moment as well, kind of overwhelming.

I went with @invertedisdead Phase3 ZX. It's tiny, it's potent, it's super flavourful and it micro doses like a MoFO! That would be my vote!
Everyone else has gone big and heavy while the ZX is tiny and light.

Good luck in your search!!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I was going to suggest that you have a look at the thread about this, but it looks like you already did:

mad_vaper

Don't give up the EVO just yet, @Sohigha on this forum repairs evo's and even has some refurbished units available. I've bought 2 refurb's from @Sohigha with no problems.

CANtalk

Don't give up the EVO just yet, @Sohigha on this forum repairs evo's and even has some refurbished units available. I've bought 2 refurb's from @Sohigha with no problems.
Ball vapes look great, though unfortunately their exposed heaters make them a no go for me. I don't need a fire/burn hazard as part of my vaping routine & around me when I'm haf :science: :evil:. I really enjoy having the EVO around on the couch in the family room, it's much more enjoyable & sociable.

@mad_vaper mentions the way I plan to go forward :wave:. The EVO is still being supported by @sohig with, repair, parts, hydratubes, even whole heater units available. IIRC, on the top of the last page was a source for more ELBs & DHgate has sellers offering hydratubes & both boro / quartz VapeXnails.

GLWS.

The EVO is still kicking ass here :tup:, hope it is as well for everyone else. My go to vape, here's a new batch I've been low temp vaping with it (strong sativa), cheer & enjoy
725q1slcdh6b1.jpg

Cheers & have a great weekend

:peace: :leaf:

InhaleExhale

I used to feel the same way as you about "exposed coils" but in the end it's basically just a 3" long curling iron. Furthermore the ZX is small and lightweight it's like holding a feather (in comparison to a B2 Flowerpot - the only other ball vape I've experienced).

I've never been any sort of issue with a drop or a burn with a coffee-mug coil stand and a @DFreeZ_Designs coil handle. The hot coil is either resting in the coffee mug or snug on top of a bowl for a hit. Of course being aware of the danger brings respect - any tool can hurt someone if used wrong (not just vapes - screwdrivers, drills, hammers, knives, guns, muscle cars).

You can also burn yourself (and start a forest fire) with a lighter, that never stopped any of us from sparking up back in the day! :spliff:

bigtvapes

I was going to suggest that you have a look at the thread about this, but it looks like you already did:
yea nothing really came of it. the options didnt really seem to make sense to me as nothing actually seems to work witht he hydratubs in terms of them loading from the top like the Evo does. Or having the same input size even.

I'll admit when we get into the adapter numbers I do get a bit lost.

The lifesaber looked promising but everyone I saw seems to have some setup with adapters I dont fully understand. And thats not what I'm lookiing for. Similar with the Ruby ball vapes. I looked at the Phase3ZX without a demo video I have no real way to see how it works. But it seems like naturally the heating element / flowers would need to be ABOVE the glass which is the opposite of the Evo which is under the glass. The hydratubens I have dont work like...upside down obviously. So... I dont know if there's an adapter system that works but i'm not really looking to spend a bunch of money on adapters either. But if I have to I have to I dont know. I'll figure it out eventually thanks anyway.

TLDR: I was hoping for a new vape that would work like the CloudEVO - which would likeely be expensive enough. But it seems like nothing will quite work without starting from square one, getting new glass, or somehow coming up with a clever adapter system thats not really my forte.

bigtvapes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
TLDR: I was hoping for a new vape that would work like the CloudEVO - which would likeely be expensive enough. But it seems like nothing will quite work without starting from square one, getting new glass, or somehow coming up with ac lever adapter system thats not really my forte.
I mean you got a lot of great "upside down" suggestions including:
  • Flowerpot pro
  • Sticky brick maxx/ hydrobrick
Or my favorite, get a base to turn your hydratubes into something more useful:

Grass Yes,

bigtvapes

Well the flowerpot is four figures thats a bit beyond me and I didnt quite see how the sticky brick would apply to the hydrotube. It seems like a standalone box that sits flat on a surface. Without adapters and tubes I cant even imagine how that works with my hydrotube.

Thats what i mean. The answers werent bad they just werent what I was looking for. Seems like the answer frankly doesnt exist.

I just need something that can be held vertically and has the same size as the evo. Thats all i was hoping for.

Or maybe its just too complicated for me to wrap my head around. Either way if the hydrotubes are to be obsolete with my EVO then so be it.

As far as whatever that third option you showed me i dont see how that in any way relates to me, my question, or my hydrotubes. That looks like a whole other thing to buy which as I said im finding a hard time finding a use for. I cant inagine why id want to buy another one.

bigtvapes,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Well the flowerpot is four figures thats a bit beyond me and I didnt quite see how the sticky brick would apply to the hydrotube. It seems like a standalone box that sits flat on a surface. Without adapters and tubes I cant even imagine how that works with my hydrotube.

Thats what i mean. The answers werent bad they just werent what I was looking for. Seems like the answer frankly doesnt exist.

I just need something that can be held vertically and has the same size as the evo. Thats all i was hoping for.

Or maybe its just too complicated for me to wrap my head around. Either way if the hydrotubes are to be obsolete with my EVO then so be it.

As far as whatever that third option you showed me i dont see how that in any way relates to me, my question, or my hydrotubes. That looks like a whole other thing to buy which as I said im finding a hard time finding a use for. I cant inagine why id want to buy another one.

should give you the idea, 2 pics so swipe both. you’re ht attaches to the same joint as the dry mouth piece, or you could use the bong attachment whip to connect as well. It is a butane torch powered device though, very different than the evo but supposedly a very hard hitting vaporizer, don’t have one myself but always been interested. ✌️

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse or if you just really have not used any cannabis except for the Evo. But Google could help sort out some of your confusion.

I didnt quite see how the sticky brick would apply to the hydrotube

You would want the Maxx or similar like the below example:
With a hydrotube is often my preferred method of using my Hydrobrick Maxx

This particular hydrotube is a DHGate special, lol. Zero problems keeping it clean though.
Of course, these days I put cranberry extract into all my water. Now I just rinse it out daily and it stays clean.

IMG-2070.jpg

As far as whatever that third option you showed me i dont see how that in any way relates to me, my question, or my hydrotubes.

That would make your hydrotubes useful with virtually EVERY vape.

bigtvapes

Bad dog. Dude... thank you so much that clears up a lot and you didnt have to do all that for me. That does answer a lot of headscratching on that device. The price is right i may juat look into that.

Grass... google is not my friend i understand youre frustrated with me. Im sorry. But no i couldn't just google this and come up with answer hence why im here. Any obtuseness is dumb but like I said... sometimes folks send me pictures of attachments i have no idea what to make heads or tails of it. Obviously... just being told "google it man" isnt gonna make my life easier. Not intentionally obtuse just dumb i guess.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
If you’re not into butane torch vapes then cannabis hardware b1 or b2 should be great 👍 I’m an old Vrod guy, version before the ball vape craze. That dhgate link @Grass Yes posted would let you use it and use your ht too. B1/b2 bowl connect to the female joint and your ht on top of the male joint of the hydrofoot? Uhhhhhh right term @Grass Yes ?

Top Bottom