• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
are you guys able to vape flowers on max setting without combusting? i find i have to use my evo between 2:30-5pm to get decent think vapor, but not white walling like some of you guys at 12-1...
It seems as though some units run cooler than others. They could probably tweak it for you, if you want to send it in.

Dumb question but.....It is heat soaked when you're hitting it, correct?

biohacker

The heater is not grounded from what I can tell. I too believe its misleading. Its funny the way some other manufactures on the forum have been heavily criticized for not having a grounded plug yet the $450 pinnacle of direct draw vaporizers is not grounded. I would rather have it grounded, but an ungrounded heater has never stopped me from using a vape. Besides I like to live life on the edge :evil:

I think you're referring to the debacle in the Nano thread a while back? I agree, and like you it really doesn't make a difference to me....both products just happen to be my favourite vapes, grounded or not. It would be nice for SM55 to give us his rationale, but you make a good point regarding cheap 2 prong cords, etc.

JoeKickass

Thanks for the links, I think I'll wait for a price drop, one VXN basically lasts forever...

I like to make a stand or something for the nail for cooling, if you only move it from the evo to the cooling spot and back it becomes second nature!

Last edited:

Propaganja

It seems as though some units run cooler than others. They could probably tweak it for you, if you want to send it in.

Dumb question but.....It is heat soaked when you're hitting it, correct?
not dumb, just lending a helping hand =).. but yea its heat soaked so much you cant hold it or if u grab it too hard u will burn your hands/uncomfortable feeling..
do you think it is running cooler? ive seen some dark abv http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-79#post-532571 and i cant get my unit to get any load that dark on max. are all of you getting dark abv like that on setting 2-3?' at 12-1:30 i get wispy vapor, 3 o clock i get better but doesnt gives the kick im lookin for until i max it.. sometimes when i move the dial between 3-max the light stays green
the evo sn number is 10812 something like that.. i know in the 800s so i wonder if its a newer model with updated firmware?

Propaganja,

grokit

well-worn member
I think that the serial numbers have proved to be a bit random,
so not very representative of manufacturing date.

grokit,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
are you guys able to vape flowers on max setting without combusting? i find i have to use my evo between 2:30-5pm to get decent think vapor, but not white walling like some of you guys at 12-1...

Here are some things to check:

-are you loading your ELBs only about 1/4 to 1/3 full? Too much product impedes efficiency.

-is your herb fairly dry? The more water content your mj has, the more the water needs to steam (water vapor) off before your mj can reach THC vapor temps. For example, you can place a Dixie cup full of water on a candle flame, and the cup won't burn until the water boils off.

- are your ELBs clean? Clean ELBs really make a difference. I have found that a revolver-cleaning kit (4 or 5 bucks) has some great brushes. I don't have guns but I grew up in a family armed to the teeth.

If the above 3 things make no difference, your unit may need to be sent back. Ask support, and if it needs to be sent back, it is worth the wait to get it working right. It has a fantastic warranty. A package journey within UPS, I suspect, can be jarring to delicate innards (Sure: blame UPS - everyone else does).

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: Stu

Propaganja

Before I reply, thanks for the help.

I tried loadin 1/3, and 1/2.. The herb is grinded in volcano plastic.. I usually only vape kushes.. The last few sessions were pink, sky walker og, and purple kush. They aren't moist but have resin/sticky. Unit is 3 days old and the Elbs are clean. I cleaned them again this morning.

Here is pic of abv and load size of my last session (max) having the evo on 40 minutes..

Also I noticed after an hour and 10 minutes the unit didn't turn off, it just blinks different colors..

Propaganja,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I tried loadin 1/3, and 1/2.
Also I noticed after an hour and 10 minutes the unit didn't turn off, it just blinks different colors..

The blinking occurs when the unit has shut off: lightly, but firmly, flip rocker switch "off" then "on" to engage heat (turn back on). For me, sometimes I forget passage of time, and I just rock the switch so that, I know at that point, the unit will stay on at least another 45 min.

To me, the above looks like a fairly large load. Then again, I have shitty volume estimation. Are you looking for chocolate-brown ABV? Halve the above amount, and try it again at max. I actually pull my ABV at about the above color, which means absolutely nothing in this case, I know.

What does a light dusting on the floor of the ELB produce at max? You may have a cool unit. Yeah, it sucks to have waited so long and have a non-working unit. The frustration has to be palpable - I swear it will all go away when you get it back. You will be amazed, or I'll smoke a doob, something I haven't done in years....

Last edited:

Propaganja

I will attempt a light loaded elb on max to see what happens.. Sounds like I have a cooler unit I'm assuming? I made a contact request from vape exhale site but haven't received any replies yet since Friday.. Is that the support ticket?

Propaganja,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I will attempt a light loaded elb on max to see what happens.. Sounds like I have a cooler unit I'm assuming? I made a contact request from vape exhale site but haven't received any replies yet since Friday.. Is that the support ticket?

You may have a cooler unit. First, try smaller loads: you'd be surprised how small loads pack big punches.

Contact Request: Yes. That is the first step for support. The weekend may be less monitored. Nevertheless, if you have not heard anything back by the end of Monday, then re-request support. Let's face it, we're dealing with a bunch of stoners: we all sometimes need reminding.

EDIT:
Here is a sample new load volume I use. With cap on, it's 1/2 of the remaining free space of an ELB (fluffy not packed) as viewed on the side, through a light.
IMG_03131.jpg

And how far I take it

IMG_03161.jpg

Side-by-side

IMG_03171.jpg

ps. I use a coffee/spice mill dedicated to my self-prescribed medicinal machinations... vaporization occurs from the edges of particles inward to their thickest parts. Smaller pieces work better for me. More edges.

Last edited:

Monsoon

Maybe it's way too early on a Sunday morning, but can you please explain how $420 matches vaporizers.ca offer after taxes? Vaporizers.ca = $450 after taxes and shipped. PV = $475. Great deals for sure!
So it's $420 plus $21 in GST and free shipping makes $451. If you're in Ontario, vaporizers.ca will still be a lot cheaper due to the PST.

Monsoon,

Propaganja

Thanks a lot for the help macbill.

So it's $420 plus $21 in GST and free shipping makes $451. If you're in Ontario, vaporizers.ca will still be a lot cheaper due to the PST.

A little story, It was 449.99 on PV + taxes. I got them to price match vaporizers.ca 449.99 free shipping no tax. PV then lowered the price to 419.99 + taxes so they won't have to price match I'm assuming..
Planetvape has great shipping and fast processing.. Received my unit the next day. That's the reason I ordered from them.. But I believe I got an older stored unit because it didn't come with the new neoprene sleeves.. Inquire before you orderr

poonman

Thank you all for your tips on getting started , literally .
This is what I've done so far .

jwxWcTz.jpg

I remember having syringes from my qwiso making experiments .
So that is what I used to fill up the HT thru the small opening at the top .
And No , it is not to be filled from the bottom as mentioned , the bottom chamber will never stay dry . With the syringe , I can also regulate the flow as Not to overfill and have it dribble down to the bottom chamber .

I prefer to use 100 % organic Bee's Wax to lube my glass .
Hence , I will be sun-drying my Neoprene sleeve and wrist bands .
Until that awful factory rubbery smell is gone . That will Impede my
vaping experience for sure .

This Evo can be quite the " Weed Hog " !!!
I'm pretty sure my wallet will not be able to keep up as to their recommended 3/4 fillage of the Elbs . Shorter Elbs may work , idk , you would have to up the temp level , I guess. I adapted using and ' old ' NO2
screen as a makeshift cap that I can insert and tamp down 1/4 load Elb .
If I don't cap it , well you know what happens , the herbs get sucked up to the top part of the Elb , further away from the heater . In the beginning ,
I was removing the Elb and tapping the weed back down to get a couple of
more hits . With the screen inside , I don't even use the Elb cap .

My ABV is also lighter than what I'm accustomed to . I've been using at 1
to 2:30 on the dial . But I couldn't get anymore extraction putting the ABV in the Solo on level 7 . Plus I'm def. Well Medicated ... More testing .

My initial thoughts is that I'm Very Happy in purchasing the Evo on
MassDrop . And since I seem to enjoy things in 2's ...

Jv3CtnC.jpg

and here's the Holy Grail shot for my buddy @ataxian

JHBBgWu.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@poonman -- I don't know how long you've had your Evo, but after reading your weed hog comment I wanted to make sure you knew that you can load those things light if you want. I agree that it can be a weedhog when desired. The problem I run into is I put more in there than necessary because I get excited sometimes. But every time I back off and put 1/4 full in there I am very impressed. Go light!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Thank you all for your tips on getting started , literally .

This Evo can be quite the " Weed Hog " !!!
I'm pretty sure my wallet will not be able to keep up as to their recommended 3/4 fillage of the Elbs . Shorter Elbs may work , idk , you would have to up the temp level , I guess. I adapted using and ' old ' NO2
screen as a makeshift cap that I can insert and tamp down 1/4 load Elb .

I agree with @stickstones . I never load more than a level 1/4 to 1/2 of the remaining free space after cap insertion. And Fluffy-like, not tamped. I start a 11, or 12. Take some taste-terrific tokes; up it to 1 or 2 O'Clock: hunker down 3 or 4 more hits, then finish with a flourish at 4:20 on the dial. Rinse and repeat.

wootze

Poonster, back off on your loads. A capful, flipped into the elb can give you two, three big hoots.

Meds need to be dry. Ive a med which barely gives two hits, another goes four.

I ordered some stuff from VXL and saw they have a papal button.

Edit. I really want to leave the papal button. God knows we need one.

Last edited:

Propaganja

I tried a light load and it does produce a few good tokes on max.. But same color abv, can't take it to the dark dark abv.. In other vapes when it takes it to that dark abv color it also adds a nice little kick to the face/forehead lol.. Not sure if I guys know what I mean..

Propaganja,

wootze

The last one of course. Lord knows we need a papal button. Me so medicated.

Last edited:
wootze,
Reactions: Stu

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I tried a light load and it does produce a few good tokes on max.. But same color abv, can't take it to the dark dark abv.. In other vapes when it takes it to that dark abv color it also adds a nice little kick to the face/forehead lol.. Not sure if I guys know what I mean..

Do you have another vape which you could use to vape the EVO ABV? IIRC a week or two ago another user posted a similar concern. He then vaped the ABV in his Herbie and got virtually nothing. (Appears that @poonman may have had a similar experience, i.e., no more vapor out of his ABV when tried on his Solo.) I've done the same thing: Vaping my EVO ABV in my Cloud OG I get no more vapor to speak of.

And btw, the "recommended" fill is 1/2. With a fluffy grind, lightly tapping the bottom of the ELB a couple times on my table but definitely not tamping it down, the herb weighs out at less than .15g. I vape at ~2 and when it becomes whispy (the ABV being about as dark as @macbill's above) I set the EVO to 3, remove the cap, toss gently a couple times - I'll get another 2-3 hits and the ABV will be dark brown (close to the link you posted as I see it; keep in mind that computer screens don't render colors identically). This is my routine with a HydraTube. If I use a Mobius bubbler, I start at 3, do a primer pull, and then pull firm but not hard; that milks the piece a couple times but still to get dark ABV I'll need to do a last thin pull.

It seems that, while it's true that occasionally someone gets an EVO that runs hot or cool (and one shouldn't hesitate querying VXL Support if that is suspected), most of the time it's a matter of the user experimenting to find his/her best technique to get the desired result.

:2c: :peace:

Starless

And bible black
To HF2.0 users! Looks like it's sold out right now but hopefully it's popular enough to come back. Is the vapor SIGNIFICANTLY less dry/hot? My lungs must be sensitive (another reason I'm glad I no longer smoke). Just came off a 4 month t-break and forgot how big rips can tear me up. :ugh: I think the HF2.0 would be a good addition to my circ HT if it really does gives some extra conditioning to the vapor to reduce some of my coughing fits.

Starless,
Top Bottom