VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
After about a year of steady use, I noticed the battery in my PSM was at about half to two-thirds capacity.

I picked up a new battery from hobby king for like $15. Switched out the battery in about 5 minutes, and we are back to full strength.

Easy peasy.

Tyee Eliqueme

Either one will do. :science:

Either one will do. :science:
Heya man, I'm new around here to the vapor scene. And I was going to invest into an OmniXL Woodstock and I was wondering could that specific style fit within an IH that you make?
Or if that style would be able to work in your cauldron for home / Car use.
And also my friend highly recommended you as one of the best to ever grace smoker / Vapors alike. So I am sorry if this isn't the way to handle things like this but I just wanted to ask the question before I indulge and disappoint myself by not asking the questions that are of the biggest concern to me. Thank you and sorry for taking up too much of your time but I just wanted to ask ahead of time! :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A small, sleek 18350 3S also, would be a topper!

rick harrison reaction s GIF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey all, I have some long-awaited news to convey.
First off, as you now know, I've discontinued the PSM. It’s had a fantastic run with it and has earned a very good reputation out there and will be long remembered. However, I’ve been working on a replacement for a couple of years and have finally settled on a design that meets the criteria. The main features that were most repeatedly requested were a smaller form factor and being able to charge via a standard USB. To accomplish this design, there were trade-offs but I think they are worth it.

Introducing The Hotshot Pocketable Induction Heater
_bwCI-96z6CTOf5UVu15Ncjo61Irhnl5b_YIxfm4teCnH2xMSXvLSDw6MKhwSQwL-0RvJUQxq5duzuPbiC9wAGKHUVuV1CVbnMwKpoiP-6dqs7uhv_vKRcda1-RzJdmaP_Feetc

The size is 57mm x27mm x90mm, which is the size of a pack of cigarettes, but takes the same battery and lasts about the same if not more bowls as the PSM. The HS uses the same common driver board as the PSM but it is cut down to about 2/3 size with only 1 capacitor and the big coils replaced with physically smaller ones. It also uses the same BMS board as before with the addition of a Buck upconverter on the input. This upconverter has been tuned to convert 5.2V to 12.6V and takes a USB charger’s output at 2 amps. It charges at approx 400 mAs on the 12.6 V side and takes about 2 hours to charge from empty. The charger will be responsible for the owner to supply. Required a charger capable of at least 2 amps.
There are two colours to choose from, silver on black or black on black.

aLcIDVBBsPdwgGDzC5qrbKC7_FsNuLpN_Ibob9_dT9JI4Msws9Vis_R_jFGI9Wh-i_BbEAxHdsQnHbdRAxBnx47eUXwUZU3dfDzJXIxYMCgntxvsOCSJI7St3mYWNbsMzzu2iVw
6iXHqVB481spxtJl4gis86y2Oj0wdhk-l7Wodv0WWGwAf3xqCeTSBnbw44ni597g5WJLoxu_OuXZ-pxtNvuYr_tcH9QfOMccjXyh27VdmPMfuhLlBO3wj_OOWh5H5fENq9QCbIQ
hT7tzOgseNebkakzi7JQDiEujtnvF7eFwEhrHU8F8UlPxp6o3Z3LX9SAZc6dqlO4Qm8QCKPYmtWyfcl36D-jH1dvjrpoLk4zqhLJNBJTFqXHclcdyvoNJWJ9TdNQSkTRJYewsaU

57u0hY8enANo_Rj7-wXHTfIQ5KvFbwwoQ4Hkx1C9pVeWvJ52tBGg_tr9PBjqEGywSumhNsGgLf2OqbLNH2OKjNBDXrqdLH8iRPuNlb7H6DiSCHZAAXO0pD-R4ejHZRFcauBLzY4
BwLp-vbRwAB_9g0j1lLzHrzMZjcd5kq0qh7IV2ixUseL_YmSsPz-ai2CXpiS-gl24q9FQZTN383LyMr91Hqb_YfPhgavLMJqsgR7gbuTYrw-ORvdu9LjKGzjp0oXEkyLn3qQ230

I’m using a 3D printer to make up the internal framework. Consisting 5 parts, a top cover/panel, main section, lower lid, connecting posts, and a pulling tool. This tool is for removing the inner lid for disassembly and is stored under the battery.

oiRT9kThUJ_n0iWj-L3dis7fFpKxjnMY_CSEqwY83YqVv-rLKROM-aDcjARncxBpnKInwjL7K55Tha1sXchSDpa10gZOnQ79ZDRebDvxhsJRuv25JK1JE-aH51Hf78PnlAegl08
KF0AijlRmSDG6t6OxJHYcS1M4molxROvwPaO8Ivsnm0vuyYPQEzHUq2SxEgDv9ZRgK9A44r0HMy1UbshvnYVgYEqAlwiGNH_gtHmF6LzHHB99QPUhsHCXzX-CxOBEPoVQXCN0bg

MJIUnLnntlJWQgZPT48MD73MNqjHlM-hGNZkeiDKP6ssybvhZzEl8sfwoZr13r-D4eFgd3hBVMXjAmrbVr_Y2Tp-0kAkYBSYuk-2FWvT0iWjKfEjNKHk254XC5NmKuI0Nx1Tuzo
udlsbZs4sVQZD0wwRBuqXN9yn66sPgsgpjy4sNHZyhiPfoWQIZ-vPcRIrNDLJYW0ThYe1X0nh3zIRMB3LJbUKzVuhMN-SrjwHyHGeGw8y4ianFixLSmfM9vlNJEv2l3sZKbDazw

MvNkk7kstGd7l6g-7Z7v6ZwSaYsNCgfp_1mUu1tfwJi00h1iUEa5932xrF-4LAwel-HaWR_-nMMAIAfZ_B7uhYB0cn__662hbEIB4m2PVovd4KFWjdjz0uS2afZwynsD8KPMS7g
0QOMFlD8HKJ8LVo6ScwPWc1pAFNFZ_WUOZTknqfbQHNyenwWA4hayatxVtnsSqa0l8m-V2XhSYzPXBbOP8HxST4R_2CD5KsVM43AT73w6XShujXAYvwyuX-VjvsGHXLEAE6ByZc

I’m also including a very cool carrying case that can attach to your belt. It will also hold the included USB charge cable and has room for a VC or two as well as a little pouch of goodness.
CmbPsD88SyaC-hesmRof41nk7yfMe-Wz1iS0aAwfJ-Q20E1-D00c-N9HB8TwG5_KmmF14Z0qVFT3AlsOAPCUGsvAzbOBlnhe82hxEz8aAYSJLXx_2myjMJPt5YBxd0qNlRix_Vw
TPT5s3H2MxPGznzBuxJ4ahqJWT1fb9gVvJ-vrEw_3IrKHgWvsIgp58jp13uLK-ZVBSSrYYX8gBxFuwXy5lb8lUX4ZguJFGegf-Jn6S-QCAGmaUpArhpewtWiHCRm4gK5HRiQsn0

The HS has no bells or whistles but hopefully will just continue to work. No battery meter and no buttons with the exception of the activation button. You simply charge and use. Since it only takes a USB connection to charge, you can throw on a charger any chance you get so it should never leave you empty.
Since there is only one capacitor, the current flow is under 5 amps which is low enough to get away with only using the charge connector for the load as well as charging. It also permits a smaller gauge wire to be used for the power cables to the driver board.

The Good:

Portability
USB charging
Simplicity
Vaping Results are excellent
Pricing
All parts are accessible by the user to maintain/replace
Zero current draw when not in use. (no AI monitoring)
50% Thicker Countersunk Magnet 9x3mm previously 9x2mm

The Bad:

The enclosure is just plastic with Aluminum side panels
Charge time is double that of the previous PSM (2 hours from empty to full)
Can still only ship to the USA and Canada due to the battery.
The user will be responsible for the USB charger which must be capable of 2 amps. Manufacturers term these units as “quick chargers” and are generally rated 2 amp or more.
Cannot be charged via a PC as it can overload the PC.

It has been a bumpy ride getting this concept off the ground. The design has changed many times and originally was of an AI variety scheme but ran into some battery problems as well as other troubles that didn’t work out. I decided to stay with old school techniques and simplify back to the basics which is why the PSM is so reliable.

Pricing:

Overall parts cost less but the assembly is a fair bit more time-intensive. Basically a wash.

The pricing for the HS is $115 + shipping.
I’m going to offer some 1st run/B grade units a bit cheaper as they have some differences as I streamlined the assembly process. They may also have some minor imperfections cosmetically. I’m going to sell these at $85 each, first come first serve. To get one of these imperfect, but 100% functional, units please request when you confirm your spot on the waitlist via PM here. Do not ask for details on specific units etc. as they are all packed, and to be fair, I do not cherry-pick.

Let the fun begin! :science:

Last edited:
Top Bottom