VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Planck

believes in Dog
I've been looking at chargers for the Hotshot.
Is the wattage rating a factor?
I've found one locally rated "12W of power and 2.4-amp output".
Excellent, good or marginal choice?

TIA

Planck,
Reactions: Bologna

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Pipes Hey just noticed this --------->" I only ship any portable (battery powered) units to USA and Canada.
International shipping provided for desktop units only to UK, European Countries, Australia and New Zealand ONLY!""
Is there anyway to ship the unit without a battery which i can acquire and install myself :D ?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sorry but no as tried that and leads to other problems.

I've been looking at chargers for the Hotshot.
Is the wattage rating a factor?
I've found one locally rated "12W of power and 2.4-amp output".
Excellent, good or marginal choice?

TIA
That's fine. 2 amp and up will work. The built-in converter only takes 2 amp max anyway.

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
This is the only part causing me hesitation:
"It is normal to do a 3-4 count after the click depending on your vape density preferences."

If I'm not just stopping on the click, I'm worried I'll get it wrong and combust. Before this was announced, I was looking at the Koil Boi since it's got an LED that cycles through colors to assist with timing, but the Hotshot is too sleek and small to not at least consider.

If folks with more experience with induction heaters and heating past the click could share their thoughts on how easy it is to get used to so as to reliably avoid combusting, I'd really appreciate it. I've always stopped right at the click with a torch. I'll occasionally go a bit past the click if all I've got is a standard Bic lighter, but that's probably how I've accidentally combusted most, which is why I'm worried about it.

Pipes, this device looks outstanding for anyone who's confident in their timing (which from the looks of things, is plenty of folks). Amazing work!

Han Solo,

vaporculture

This is the only part causing me hesitation:
"It is normal to do a 3-4 count after the click depending on your vape density preferences."

If I'm not just stopping on the click, I'm worried I'll get it wrong and combust. Before this was announced, I was looking at the Koil Boi since it's got an LED that cycles through colors to assist with timing, but the Hotshot is too sleek and small to not at least consider.

If folks with more experience with induction heaters and heating past the click could share their thoughts on how easy it is to get used to so as to reliably avoid combusting, I'd really appreciate it. I've always stopped right at the click with a torch. I'll occasionally go a bit past the click if all I've got is a standard Bic lighter, but that's probably how I've accidentally combusted most, which is why I'm worried about it.

Pipes, this device looks outstanding for anyone who's confident in their timing (which from the looks of things, is plenty of folks). Amazing work!
I have experience with a PSM that requires a few extra counts after the click to get thick vapor, but it is a consistent thing. When the heater is fully charged, it might be a two count, but even at the end of the battery life, it's not more than a three count. It becomes a habit to count and after a while, you don't have to consciously do it.

Counting also helps when you use PP's method for heating before the cool-down click. I can take a good pull, stick it back in the PSM and count to 4 or so and get another good rip without having to wait. Again, this becomes habitual and unconscious. The only time I combust is when I don't pay attention to the cool-down click, or the passage of time, and start heating it without counting like the cap is cold, but the cap is still hot and the heat-up click never comes. I admit, sometimes this does happen, but I know whose fault it is, and it is not the device that is the problem.

Practice : Start with the click, take a draw and evaluate. Wait for the cool-down click. Heat to the click and for another one count, take a draw and evaluate. Repeat adding one count to each cycle until you have a good sense of how many counts past the click give you the kind of vapor you're looking for, and from then on you will know exactly what to do to get the experience you want.

I wouldn't let it scare you off -- in fact, you might find that it gives you more range. Like the ability to deliver a consistent low-temp, tasty terpenes flavor punch with a draw right at the click or just after. All the way up to a monster thick, cloudy milkshake of a hit.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
heating past the click could share their thoughts
Once I learn the induction heater things become very repeatable. I just develop a count past the click. It eventually just becomes second nature. I’d say it’s about 2 seconds. This is very similar across all my IHs. I have an OG Lucid, PSM, Flite, and Flix and soon a HS. I just don’t go past the two seconds ever because I’ve learned my chances of combusting significantly increase. I can’t do this method with a torch but others can.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It really took a lot of experimenting to get it tuned to handle all the VCs out there as well as have an even heat up throughout the load. People will find some caps will be ripe to rip right at the click and others may take up to a 4-5 count after. Either way, the heat will be evenly spread. I state 3-4 as an average but you'll find it to be consistent which is the goal. :brow:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Touching base via the PM makes it easier for me to look you up. If I start the PM, I can't answer another one for a few minutes as that's how the FC PM works. The timer on answering PMs is much shorter.
Sometimes there are reasons behind my madness.. :freak:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My PSM runs hotter than my Caldron. They only time I go past the click is on the first heat up, and then only 1-2 sec at most. The rest of the time I try to pull it the moment I sense the click otherwise the hit will be too hot. Heat to click on a warm tip is about 3-4 sec total, compared to 5-6 sec on the Caldron. If my new HS requires to heat beyond the click then I will be happy. I tend to prefer the slower heat soak.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Woo-Hoo! My number's up, and payment made.
Now it's time to start stalking the postal carriers!

tenor.gif

Top Bottom