VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
Woo-Hoo! My number's up, and payment made.
Now it's time to start stalking the postal carriers!

tenor.gif

Wow! You were #25 a day before! I'm a relatively patient person, so when I added my name to the wait list I didn't look into or ask about how quickly the list progresses. Pretty much figured if I got a heater shipped in the next couple months that would be fine, and weeks would be great. (Heck, it's a wait list, and it's not like I pay anything until my number comes up, so even if it were a year or more I wouldn't have much to complain about even if I would go looking for a different heater at that point) Looks like this list is running far towards the faster end of spectrum.

Exciting!

😁

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wow! You were #25 a day before! I'm a relatively patient person, so when I added my name to the wait list I didn't look into or ask about how quickly the list progresses. Pretty much figured if I got a heater shipped in the next couple months that would be fine, and weeks would be great. (Heck, it's a wait list, and it's not like I pay anything until my number comes up, so even if it were a year or more I wouldn't have much to complain about even if I would go looking for a different heater at that point) Looks like this list is running far towards the faster end of spectrum.

Exciting!

😁

I know, right?

I was expecting a significantly longer wait as well!

Though, shipping waits for a new toy always suck!
Time to start checking the tracking ten times a day :razz:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sunday at 7:13 PM:

Sunday sometime between 7:13 PM & 8 PM (dabs all day):
Name put on "wait-list"... #11...!

Sunday at 8:43 PM:
PM Hotshot is "ready" (💤)

Monday at 5:30 AM:
Funds transferred

Monday at 1:00 PM:
Tracking provided, expected delivery 3/12...!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Though, shipping waits for a new toy always suck!
Time to start checking the tracking ten times a day :razz:

Whenever I get a tracking number for something exciting, I make it a bookmark and keep checking it over and over until it arrives. Too many delays and a few no-shows lately due to the current state of shipping. When it makes it to your home state's distribution center, you know you're in the clear. :clap:

I also like to see what places my items visit along the way. All the inanimate things I order have a much more exciting time, traveling through places I'll never get to visit.

I'm curious about the little flip door the HS has. I like that it makes the unit more inconspicuous. Does the push button on the side cause the door to flip open or does it activate the heating? I believe all @Pipes other units had switches that activate when you depress the vapcap.

Han Solo

I'm curious about the little flip door the HS has. I like that it makes the unit more inconspicuous. Does the push button on the side cause the door to flip open or does it activate the heating? I believe all @Pipes other units had switches that activate when you depress the vapcap.
It just opens the door. The heater is activated by pressing your vapcap into the hole.

Han Solo

Whenever I get a tracking number for something exciting, I make it a bookmark and keep checking it over and over until it arrives.
That's actually exactly what I'm doing with the 2020 M I ordered to go with the Hotshot. I've been using the OG glass VapCap since 2016, and getting my first induction heater seems like as good a reason as any to finally get an M.

It's gonna feel real nice going from a OG glass model with a torch lighter to the latest M with sleekest induction heater around.

2020 M should be here on the 6th, and that ought to keep me content until the until I get the Hotshot in whatever timeframe pipes takes to work his magic. 😁 😁 😁

seki

Hotshot landed today. First impressions, it feels like a solid product, looks to be well designed and feels great in hand. Basically what we've all come to expect of @Pipes' products.

The flap action feels great. Very smooth, and there is definitely a sweet spot to get the best response as indicated by the sticker. I haven't given it a try yet as I wanted to charge it fully before using a VC in it, but I did make a quick vid to show the flap opening:

I'm assuming function is going to have the same signature consistency as the rest of the line up and as such, it looks like another winner to me.

Edit: Just used it for the first time, less than 1.5 hours to fully charge from 30% full. @Pipes kept mum about a pretty neat new feature! Shall I out it, or should this be left as a surprise?

Last edited:

seki

How did USPS deliver your HotShot in such record time, @seki?
“Warp speed”!

Mine is expected for the 15th (looks like your 13th trumps mine, @Bologna!) :tup:

Mine never crossed the border. I have the good fortune of living in the same city as @Pipes so delivery was about as quick as you can get without showing up at his door. Although I have to admit, that did cross my mind. :lol:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
How did USPS deliver your HotShot in such record time, @seki?
“Warp speed”!

Mine is expected for the 15th (looks like your 13th trumps mine, @Bologna!) :tup:
I'm rootin for ya lil buddy...!:

Shipping service: Tracked Packet - USA

In transit: Mar. 3
Expected delivery: Mar. 12

Mar. 2 1:09 pm
Mississauga, ON
International item being forwarded to destination country

Mar. 1 2:45 pm
Item received at originating postal facility Oshawa, ON

(and by "you" I mean MY Hotshot....!

😜 I KEEEeeed!! I really DO want you to win this one, even if I wouldn't bet on it...)

deaneaux

Hotshot landed today. First impressions, it feels like a solid product, looks to be well designed and feels great in hand. Basically what we've all come to expect of @Pipes' products.

The flap action feels great. Very smooth, and there is definitely a sweet spot to get the best response as indicated by the sticker. I haven't given it a try yet as I wanted to charge it fully before using a VC in it, but I did make a quick vid to show the flap opening:

I'm assuming function is going to have the same signature consistency as the rest of the line up and as such, it looks like another winner to me.

Edit: Just used it for the first time, less than 1.5 hours to fully charge from 30% full. @Pipes kept mum about a pretty neat new feature! Shall I out it, or should this be left as a surprise?
SPILL THE BEANS!!

bener

Vapeologist
I say don’t spill the beans and let us be surprised. If someone really wants to know they can always ask via a PM. Just don’t follow that by posting the news please.

Thank you for taking the time to share your first impressions. Looking forward to getting mine in the not too distant future.

Vape_Or_Die420

Nah, spill it!

Han Solo

I keep refreshing the wait list. I'm number 69 now. (Nice)

I'm also skimming through this thread from the start, and it's a real interesting read for anyone like myself who isn't particularly aware of the history of induction heaters being used for VapCaps. If I understand correctly when Pipes started it was to test whether such a thing would even work. Things have come a long way from being unsure if it would work and then basic glass jar units; now we've got so many choices of heater brands with different feature as well as ample resources to learn to make whatever IH configuration you could imagine. If you want a heater that's water resistant, so your stoned ass can forget it in the rain, that exists now. (it is not one of Pipes' models, please do not leave his heaters in the rain :lol:).
Wild how much things have developed in just a few years.

Seriously an interesting thread to read through, and it gives me something to do while I wait. I hope folks with those original Jar Head units treasure them. They've got a charming look, and they're little pieces of history.

Top Bottom