Ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer (2023?)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The cartridge heater is not in the air path like the Atlas (another amazing and much better looking device). There is a piece, a glass thermometer adapter, that goes down into the y piece and it is what houses the cartridge heater. In the DIY parts list there is a plastic stopper that the cartridge heater slips through (I opted for a cork piece) and that sits about 1" higher and 10" horizontally away from the handle/air intake.
That makes sense. I still don't know if the folks on the thread find that acceptable. I feel like the coil on a z8 or Qaroma is also out of the airpath. 🙂

SquirrelMaster

That makes sense. I still don't know if the folks on the thread find that acceptable. I feel like the coil on a z8 or Qaroma is also out of the airpath. 🙂
I guess those 2 vapes (and the B1/B2, PID Elev8r, etc.) have coils that are technically close enough that any potential fumes coming off the coil could be sucked into the air intake. It a little harder to argue with the Glass Symphony since it's quite far away, but it depends how particular you want to be.

I am definitely not worried in either situation though; like you say there are probably far worse things in our homes. I have an air fryer with Teflon coated parts housed in a ton of plastic and there's no way I'm giving it up. With vapes I'm a bit more cautious as any potential fumes will not diffuse before I suck them in. More then that I can taste certain things. The more glass, the cleaner the taste imo.

GratefulDread

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but how harmful might coil-fumes be?
I hadn't considered it at all. Is my B1 hurting me?

GratefulDread,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
When I got the vaponic working with the Wand and a metal sleeve on the outside to heat it, I think that's the closest to a "clean" vape I've ever used. Inductive heat source on the outside of the vapor path. There's still that pesky silicone piece that keeps the vaponic together but it's tiny and not fully in the airpath I would say.

I agree that glass, ceramic, zirconia, quartz are about as neutral and as clean substances as you can find. I'd say coil and butane heating (outside the airpath, like a terpedo or vaponic) are also super safe with inductive heating possibly the cleanest. No hard science to back me up but that's my 2 cents.

Edit: now that I think a bit more on it. Coil and inductive heating are equivalent. Induced current is really no different than the current forced through a coil. The material that the coil/alloy is made of and how it behaves with current flowing through it is more relevant.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

When I got the vaponic working with the Wand and a metal sleeve on the outside to heat it, I think that's the closest to a "clean" vape I've ever used. Inductive heat source on the outside of the vapor path. There's still that pesky silicone piece that keeps the vaponic together but it's tiny and not fully in the airpath I would say.

I agree that glass, ceramic, zirconia, quartz are about as neutral and as clean substances as you can find. I'd say coil and butane heating (outside the airpath, like a terpedo or vaponic) are also super safe with inductive heating possibly the cleanest. No hard science to back me up but that's my 2 cents.

Edit: now that I think a bit more on it. Coil and inductive heating are equivalent. Induced current is really no different than the current forced through a coil. The material that the coil/alloy is made of and how it behaves with current flowing through it is more relevant.
Plus, most are fairly inexpensive, and they're sort of clever functional art, like water pipes.

stinkytofus

ghost mv1 came pretty close to being the perfect portable for me, easy to change baskets, batteries swappable, easy to clean, good flavor and hits hard

stinkytofus,
Reactions: cosimo

tukatukera

Retailer
Now that I think about it, I recall a glassblower making a vape heater that was a long tube all folded up in a sort of 2.5D flower shape with a flat side that could lay on a stove burner for heating. I think you picked it up by the stem when it was hot and fit it on/in an adapter loaded with herb like an injector. It looked cool as hell. I can't seem to find it now.

Edit: Found it!
il_fullxfull.79163780.jpg

I inquired about it once but he no longer makes them. If a glassblower makes one, I will buy it,
This is a sleeper from @surfratglass on IG, he makes some really interesting stuff. Can't believe the post where the maker states who he is hasn't gotten more visibility over time

Also, check the thread on PT Glass that I conveniently created, OP, though if you're in the states you'll wanna stick to @RogueGuy's products for mere shipping convenience. Though they are 2 different approaches to similar products. I can't be unbiased cause I rep PT Glass on sales and haven't tested Rogue's take on the vaponic style vape.

Vaponic's also a great option, think someone listed it. Great on the go vape, but a bit thin. You'll find your vape eventually.

tukatukera,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
This is a sleeper from @surfratglass on IG, he makes some really interesting stuff. Can't believe the post where the maker states who he is hasn't gotten more visibility over time

Also, check the thread on PT Glass that I conveniently created, OP, though if you're in the states you'll wanna stick to @RogueGuy's products for mere shipping convenience. Though they are 2 different approaches to similar products. I can't be unbiased cause I rep PT Glass on sales and haven't tested Rogue's take on the vaponic style vape.

Vaponic's also a great option, think someone listed it. Great on the go vape, but a bit thin. You'll find your vape eventually.
Shout out to @tukatukera for introducing me to PTGlass. Can't wait to get my hands on that stuff.

Also, I love my vaponic. It is among the tastiest vapes I own. Glass on glass is hard to beat. It can hit hard, but it's not a heavy hitter per se. Was so happy I got it working with my IH 'cause I'm not a torch guy. Modded the terpedo the same way and that is a beast. Truly a vaponic on steroids.

toneONE

Hello fellow „healthy“ vapers and those who try! After years of passive reading and keeping my mouth shut, this is my first post.

Annoyed by having to admit to myself that the copper in the airway of my Anvil was just not a good idea, and also by the fact that even if I only used my Dynavaps, the bi-metal discs inside the caps would still be an uncertainty factor, I too was looking for the ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer.

Pretty quickly, like many of you, I came across the Vaponic and was blown away by its performance. Why did I spend hundreds of dollars on Dynavap tuning parts for years only to end up with less performance, taste and high? Why could this 40€ thing that consisted of just 3 glass parts do everything I had always wanted from my vapcaps and why had I never heard of it?

Anyways, fascinated by the simple principle and because both the Terpcicle and the Tasty Tube are hard to get hold of in Europe, I wondered if I could build a slightly larger Vaponic myself. Turns out it worked, and amazingly well. With just two parts for less than 20€:
  • 3in1 water pipe/ glass adapter for the Arizer Go
  • Borosilicate test tube 16x100mm
The assembly is very simple, you just put the test tube over the adapter and heat it with a jet flame. I shortened my test tube for best performance, but it worked pretty well before.
The performance of this build is at least equal to that of my Anvil, with much better flavor, pure glass air path, for less than a tenth of the price and faster heat up.
I had the strongest hits of my life with these diy glass devices. I can't make a comparison to Tasty Tube or Terpcicle, but I suspect the performance is quite similar. I would imagine that their heaters are made of thicker glass. Then they probably hold the heat a little longer, but also take longer to heat up.

I have both my Anvil and Dynavap collections, of which I was once very proud, secretly tucked away in the drawer and have no intention of ever using them again.

I’ve built two different versions so far. One optimized for native use with smaller mouthpiece (the 3in1 adapter) a Keck clamp and an o-ring. And one that is made to use with my glass rig: 100% glass, consisting of just two glass parts: the 18mm Argo water piece adapter and a test tube.

For those who wonder, the bowl of the Argo adapter is about the same size as an Anvil XL bowl. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to try to figure out how to post pictures here haha. (Edit: I have to say that I don’t own any Arizer vaporizer. I saw these adapters at my trusted dealers website and thought they would work well for the project.)

Last edited:

erka

Hello fellow „healthy“ vapers and those who try! After years of passive reading and keeping my mouth shut, this is my first post.

Annoyed by having to admit to myself that the copper in the airway of my Anvil was just not a good idea, and also by the fact that even if I only used my Dynavaps, the bi-metal discs inside the caps would still be an uncertainty factor, I too was looking for the ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer.

Pretty quickly, like many of you, I came across the Vaponic and was blown away by its performance. Why did I spend hundreds of dollars on Dynavap tuning parts for years only to end up with less performance, taste and high? Why could this 40€ thing that consisted of just 3 glass parts do everything I had always wanted from my vapcaps and why had I never heard of it?

Anyways, fascinated by the simple principle and because both the Terpcicle and the Tasty Tube are hard to get hold of in Europe, I wondered if I could build a slightly larger Vaponic myself.
Turns out it worked, and amazingly well. With just two parts for less than 20€:
  • 3in1 water pipe/ glass adapter for the Arizer Go
  • Borosilicate test tube 16x100mm
The assembly is very simple, you just put the test tube over the adapter and heat it with a jet flame. I shortened my test tube for best performance, but it worked pretty well before.

The performance of this build is at least equal to that of my Anvil, with much better flavor, pure glass air path, for less than a tenth of the price and faster heat up.
I had the strongest hits of my life with these diy glass devices. I can't make a comparison to Tasty Tube or Terpcicle, but I suspect the performance is quite similar. I would imagine that their heaters are made of thicker glass. Then they probably hold the heat a little longer, but also take longer to heat up.

I have both my Anvil and Dynavap collections, of which I was once very proud, secretly tucked away in the drawer and have no intention of ever using them again. I’ve built two different versions so far.

• One optimized for native use with smaller mouthpiece (the 3in1 adapter) a Keck clamp and an o-ring.
  • And one version completely made of glass, consisting of just two glass parts, using the 18mm Argo waterpiece adapter and a test tube.

For those who wonder, the bowl of the Argo adapter is about the same size as an Anvil XL bowl. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to try to figure out how to post pictures here haha. (Edit: I have to say that I don’t own any Arizer vaporizer. I saw these adapters at my trusted dealers website and thought they would work well for the project.)
Hi if you understand how to put picture i will be happy to see that.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Thank you for the interest @erka! I’m happy to try! Let’s see if it works. On the left, the version optimized for native use due to the o-ring and the Keck clamp, that keep the test tube in place. On the right the version for my glass rig, that is 100% glass.

Very cool! A) I can't see the inlet? B) oring size/material?

feralcomprehension,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Nice! I think a lot of people myself included are just a bit too rough to keep a glass portable in one piece for very long!

I keep thinking about something like this in a protective titanium tube.... you can probably find the right tube on aliexpress and rig one up, lol.

Also, cork is a potentially useful material!

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Oil420FL

toneONE

Very cool! A) I can't see the inlet? B) oring size/material?
Thank you!

A) I hope this picture helps.

B) Regarding the O-ring, which is optional, it is up to each person to take a trustworthy one. I'm currently using one from Mad Heaters (Dynavap accessories) for testing. However, each test tube is slightly different in size, so you always have to test here anyway. A good starting point is the Dynavap standard size. Generally, you can regulate the airflow by the thickness of the O-ring, whereby no O-ring provides the most airflow.

toneONE

Nice! I think a lot of people myself included are just a bit too rough to keep a glass portable in one piece for very long!

I keep thinking about something like this in a protective titanium tube.... you can probably find the right tube on aliexpress and rig one up, lol.

Also, cork is a potentially useful material!
Thank you!

That's what I've always told myself too. However, I've been using my very first Vaponic for months without breaking it. Plus all the parts of both the Vaponic and my DIY version are pretty cheap. I used to think it was sexy that my vaporizer was indestructible and would last a lifetime, now I think it's even more sexy that I have such a large stock of spare parts that I can build a couple new vapes whenever I want/ need them. That even helps with the fear of losing it. BUT I am definitely open to further improvements! :)

And yes, cork is a great material! I used it to build an alternative to the Keck Clip.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Could you use a strip of cork instead of an o-ring? i'm assuming the o-ring does not seal but is just there to prevent the two glass pieces from hitting each other- as I cannot see any other air hole?

Haze Mister,

toneONE

Could you use a strip of cork instead of an o-ring? i'm assuming the o-ring does not seal but is just there to prevent the two glass pieces from hitting each other- as I cannot see any other air hole?
I guess that should be possible, yes. The only question is how long it will last, since cork is quite brittle, especially when it is very thin.
Yes, you're absolutely right, the o-ring doesn't seal completely, it reduces airflow (if you want that) and prevents glass from hitting glass.

hoptimum

Hey fellow Vapers!

I am still searching for my ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer.

Spent long days and nights on the web & forums looking for this ultimate vape, scraping through all the marketing gimmicks and nice words from the manufacturers just to see them all get debunked one-by-one by some of us in the community by doing a proper disassembly of the device and revealing whats really inside.
I'm looking for something with all-glass air path, vape path, and heating element. Isolated. A device where the air only travels through glass, gets heated through glass, and gets cooled and delivered to my lungs through glass. A device where the air intake is not right next to a heated metal made of unknown material (Elev8r coil), or where only the vape path is made of glass. A device that doesn't hide anything.

I know they used to exist: VapExhale Cloud EVO, VripTech Heat Wand. Both discontinued. WHY? Why no new vap? Nobody cares about the safest, cleanest vape experience anymore?

Please let me know if I maybe missed something in my search and this device actually does exist.
I'm looking for something with proper temperature control (I prefer 160-170 celsius vaping), and preferably available in the EU, can be portable or desktop. price range doesn't matter.
What makes you assume vaporizers that aren’t all glass are toxic?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

What would you guys say is the cleanest vape that can be had in the mainstream market. For example at potv or similar reputable online dealer?
Not sure what you mean exactly but the elev8r is widely available.

If your concern is availability and reliability, Rogue Wax Works has been around for awhile steadily making really nice glass vapes of various kinds.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

What would you guys say is the cleanest vape that can be had in the mainstream market. For example at potv or similar reputable online dealer?
Depends on your definition of clean. Glass only? Are specific metals allowed? Nothing else?

Most, if not all ball vapes would work, if you're ok with metal.
As @coolbreeze said, the Elev8r is widely available and can be torch powered or PID driven. The SSV is another if you use their glass wand (because of an opposition to the tubing).

Cloud Connoisseur has the Zeal (zirconia or stainless steel). Phase3 has the ZX (zirconia).

There are quite a few options with plenty of overlap. Vgoodiez has a wide selection as well.

Top Bottom