Ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer (2023?)

happyGardener

Hey fellow Vapers!

I am still searching for my ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer.

Spent long days and nights on the web & forums looking for this ultimate vape, scraping through all the marketing gimmicks and nice words from the manufacturers just to see them all get debunked one-by-one by some of us in the community by doing a proper disassembly of the device and revealing whats really inside.
I'm looking for something with all-glass air path, vape path, and heating element. Isolated. A device where the air only travels through glass, gets heated through glass, and gets cooled and delivered to my lungs through glass. A device where the air intake is not right next to a heated metal made of unknown material (Elev8r coil), or where only the vape path is made of glass. A device that doesn't hide anything.

I know they used to exist: VapExhale Cloud EVO, VripTech Heat Wand. Both discontinued. WHY? Why no new vap? Nobody cares about the safest, cleanest vape experience anymore?

Please let me know if I maybe missed something in my search and this device actually does exist.
I'm looking for something with proper temperature control (I prefer 160-170 celsius vaping), and preferably available in the EU, can be portable or desktop. price range doesn't matter.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There already are posts asking about this pursuit, basically you're going to have to sacrifice one of your demands, be it accept a different material application (like for the inert air intake and certain metals) or another form of temp control (like power settings or manual control) and I think you made another post that I already replied to?

Anyway if you think the v rip tech wand qualified, I don't know the details of that, I thought it was just like the LSV which is still available? Being in Europe definitely adds extra complications, for the pure pathway and the full power control...

I'd recommend looking up the CouchLog, cloud connoisseur Halo and Atlas, Musa, ToastyTop Heat Islands, Tinymight, also perhaps Prrl Neo and the Lamart vapes? +DIYs

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Linking these two threads where folks have also been answering this question:

(For posterity)

howie105

Talk to Elev8 about your concerns, not only do they manufacture one of the vapes you mentioned, they also offer custom glass fabrication.

howie105,

wamalt

I would sacrifice the precise temp control if it meant the other areas (glass bowl + straw and 100% isolated air and vapor path) were satisfied.

Below are the cleanest I've been able to find - feel free to add to the list or clarify

• Vaponic
  • TRWW Terpcicle
    • Pro: All-glass air and vapor path
    • Con: Must use a butane torch to heat
  • Elev8r
    • Pro: All-glass air and vapor path
    • Con: Must either use a butane torch to heat, or a metal coil right next to the air intake
  • Arizer Air Max / Solo 2 / Air 2
  • Magic Flight Launch Box
    • Pro: No circuit boards, wires, ceramic, etc. - just stainless steel bars/screen that heat up when touched to the battery
    • Con: Top lid is acrylic
    • Con: Small light in the vapor path, unclear what the leads going to that light are made of and whether they're welded to the SS bars. If welded, what's the welding material?
    • Con: Unclear what is used to weld the stainless steel screen to the stainless steel bars
  • Dynavap
    • Pro: Stainless steel or SS and glass vapor path
    • Pro: Can use The Wand induction heater to avoid a butane torch
    • Con: SS bowl instead of glass that directly touches the material being heated
    • Con: Unclear what material the bimetallic discs that make the click are made of. After time, these can end up cracking

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
There are no issues with the butane heated vapes such as Elev8 and Dynavap, where you remove the flame before you start inhaling.
Also: there is a titanium Dynavap- titanium seems more inert for sure!

As far as I know if you want a digital readout of temperature you will need to use a gadget-like vape that involves metal, or use a cheap IR lazer pointer thermometer ( does NOT work with transparent items) or if you feel spendy try to find a Dab Rite.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

A device where the air intake is not right next to a heated metal made of unknown material (Elev8r coil), or where only the vape path is made of glass. A device that doesn't hide anything.
the woodscents is as clean as glass man. buy it and if you don't like it i will buy it from you. titanium is what you need. Ti has a very high boiling temp, very. it's inert under 1000c temp ;) for sure

Last edited:

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Herborizer would be a good choice. Glass and titanium assembly.

Not publicly available until February, but the BAK from Lamart is worth considering as well. Basically an electric Vaponic, all glass conduction.

Shit Snacks

Yes this is the thread where I would have mentioned BAK sooner were we allowed back then! All glass chamber pathway hybrid

@wamalt I honestly do not understand why the MFLB would be on your list at all, not really meeting any of your criteria and being super outdated (pure convection on demand like the Tetra P80 and Tinymight2, even Toad, would make much more sense imo)

wamalt

Yes this is the thread where I would have mentioned BAK sooner were we allowed back then! All glass chamber pathway hybrid

@wamalt I honestly do not understand why the MFLB would be on your list at all, not really meeting any of your criteria and being super outdated (pure convection on demand like the Tetra P80 and Tinymight2, even Toad, would make much more sense imo)
MFLB is on the list because there's zero worry about circuit boards, solder, adhesives, electrical wires, aluminum, paints, plastics, etc. The bowl is also a stainless steel mesh screen, so less SS contact area than solid stainless. Heating element is just the two stainless steel rods and stainless steel mesh bowl together. No ceramic, no thermal putty. Body of the unit is solid wood so no wood glue. Only thing you're only really losing out on precise temp control and a glass lid would have been preferred over acrylic.

Shit Snacks

In my opnion

MFLB is on the list because there's zero worry about circuit boards, solder, adhesives, electrical wires, aluminum, paints, plastics, etc. The bowl is also a stainless steel mesh screen, so less SS contact area than solid stainless. Heating element is just the two stainless steel rods and stainless steel mesh bowl together. No ceramic, no thermal putty. Body of the unit is solid wood so no wood glue. Only thing you're only really losing out on precise temp control and a glass lid would have been preferred over acrylic.

Okay, then definitely look into the pure convection models I mentioned, most of these glass stem vapes and injector vapes just use stainless steel mesh for the bowls as well... There might be some stainless steel in the heating element, or other safe metals... I would stick to the artisan stuff, anything mass produced is not going to be pure (like Arizer, also I don't know what you were saying about the glass stem not touching the metal because it absolutely does that's how it conducts the heat because it's more of a conduction vape not a convection vape really... My original solo was defective and vented on me, so I'll always be afraid to support them too much if the goal is specifically to have full purity lol)

GratefulDread

In my opnion

MFLB just because there's zero worry about circuit boards, solder, adhesives, electrical wires, aluminum, paints, plastics, etc. The bowl is also a stainless steel mesh screen, so less SS contact area than solid stainless. Heating element is just the two stainless steel rods and stainless steel mesh bowl. No ceramic. Body of the unit is solid wood so no wood glue. Only thing you're only really losing out on precise temp control.
There's also zero worry of getting high with the MFLB.
lol but joking aside, the MFLB was my first vape and I have a soft spot for it. However it doesn't even move the needle for me anymore.

GoldenBud

one thing to keep in mind, also, @happyGardener , the air we breathe contains around 0.2-0.3 percent of mold. the air near the bigass coil that surronds the DC ELEV8R has probably 0% mold. so there's an advantage...and probably this coil is also inert up to very high temps (less than Ti/glass tho)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Alex Leo been posting these recently (top and 5th from bottom)

Something like the lower one in the pic looks all glass and no butane intake. Not sure though but you can always ask him on insta of the concept speaks to you. His craftsmanship is amazing

RxPlorer

Please entertain some well meaning pushBak on this, if you don't mind - and correct me if I'm wrong.

- The air path is not all glass, as the intake air is channeled through the wood directly next to the glass pathway, and

- that wood pathway isn't pure wood, as it's made up of plywood laminate layers (glues included?), and,

- that intake path sometimes includes epoxy, depending on the design, and

- that portion of the intake gets pretty damn hot due to proximity to the SS coil and radiant/conduction heat of the glass.

Is any of that incorrect or misleading?

Edit: I would consider those factors to be more problematic, health-wise, than using butane to heat the glass on an Elev8tor style design. This is assuming the butane is used only during preheat, and butane exhaust is not consumed during a draw.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Please entertain some well meaning pushBak on this, if you don't mind - and correct me if I'm wrong.

- The air path is not all glass, as the intake air is channeled through the wood directly next to the glass pathway, and

- that wood pathway isn't pure wood, as it's made up of plywood laminate layers (glues included?), and,

- that portion of the intake gets pretty damn hot due to proximity to the SS coil and radiant/conduction heat of the glass.

Edit: I would consider those factors to be more problematic, health-wise, than using butane to heat the glass on an Elev8tor style design. This is assuming the butane is used only during preheat, and butane exhaust is not consumed during a draw.

I'm not sure so someone else would have to weigh in on most of that, but seems to be fine and inert for my normal use at least...

wamalt

Agree with your take. Solid wood would have probably been fine and certainly preferred to plastics and aluminum. Plywood and glue however... a deal breaker in my opinion.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Agree with your take. Solid wood would have probably been fine and certainly preferred to plastics and aluminum. Plywood and glue however... a deal breaker in my opinion.
As far as my knowledge goes, the BAK does not contain plywood like you would buy at a hardware store, but potentially could be solid panels adhered together? I guess it’s made in the same way as the tp80 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom