Ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer (2023?)

RxPlorer

Don't get me wrong, I'd use it in a heartbeat if I used mods and rigs. But since we're in an "all glass" thread I think the points stand.

As far as my knowledge goes, the BAK does not contain plywood like you would buy at a hardware store, but potentially could be solid panels adhered together? I guess it’s made in the same way as the tp80
🤷🏼‍♂️
Lamart is quality without question. I hope a get a chance to try it someday!

Last edited:

badbee

As far as my knowledge goes, the BAK does not contain plywood like you would buy at a hardware store, but potentially could be solid panels adhered together? I guess it’s made in the same way as the tp80 🤷🏼‍♂️
So, not plywood, but most easily described using the textbook definition of plywood ;) I get what you mean, just couldn't resist commeting.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't know about the exact plywood, but I've had it with my original Tubo and Tetra, then my acrylic Tetra and now my acrylic BAK, I notice zero impact on the vapor quality... I'm usually pretty sensitive to these things? For whatever that is worth!

Agree with your take. Solid wood would have probably been fine and certainly preferred to plastics and aluminum. Plywood and glue however... a deal breaker in my opinion.

Future BAK will be made in all solid wood as well, I think this is just not the season for him to be working on hardwoods in Switzerland yet so there is only the basic more readily available, but keep an eye out for the future (any glue is not in the air path or vapor path and is rated for whatever heat it might be exposed to as far as I know)

But since we're in an "all glass" thread I think the points stand.

Yep, certainly some fresh air over wood as is typical with these, but I think the vapor path is fully pure, and I think in practical use this does meet the standards for an all glass vape that is battery powered... I think to get truly purely securely all glass everything it's really tough to find that electronically

Pukka

Doesn't all plywood consist of solid panels adhered together? And aren’t they all adhered by some kind of glue?
Plywood is made of wooden panals with the grain alternating by 90° before being combined by using pressure and some type of glue. Which can be anything from industrial adhesive to mashed rice. I'd guess closer to the later rather than the former.

Pukka,

jbm

Plywood is made of wooden panals with the grain alternating by 90° before being combined by using pressure and some type of glue. Which can be anything from industrial adhesive to mashed rice. I'd guess closer to the later rather than the former.
They were rhetorical questions, but thank you for the information. I was mainly reacting to the implication that the plywood used was somehow fundamentally different in construction from “hardware store” (the shame!) plywood.

jbm,

hillbill

Not an organic gardening purist, nor a Purest Fly Fisher nor indeed a glass airway purest. Got an old Vapolution plug in that is bragging about being glass to glass. Clumsy but will make some heavy hits.

hillbill,

wamalt

I feel like someone could come up with an add-on to sell for the Vaponic or similar vape that would make it work for an induction heater (ideally The Wand) to achieve an all-glass, no-flame, portable vape. Below is what I could find online from previous attempts:

Last edited:
wamalt,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
similar vape that would make it work for an induction heater (ideally The Wand) to achieve an all-glass, no-flame, portable vape.
So to be clear, you want no metal in the airpath (including screens), conduction vape, that has to heat with electricity? And it can't have a wood housing, is that correct?

Is the goal here a unique flavor or signature? Also I forgot, why no torches?

wamalt

So to be clear, you want no metal in the airpath (including screens), conduction vape, that has to heat with electricity? And it can't have a wood housing, is that correct?

Is the goal here a unique flavor or signature? Also I forgot, why no torches?
The goal is to have zero flavor imparted or other contributions to the vapor from anything besides the vaporization target, by using a single, totally inert material (glass). Wood housing around the glass would be fine it it's solid wood and out of the air/vapor path. Induction heater instead of a torch so that there's no butane fumes involved (avoids unburned hydrocarbons) and to help dial the process in more precisely.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The goal is to have zero flavor imparted or other contributions to the vapor from anything besides the vaporization target, by using a single, totally inert material (glass). Wood housing around the glass would be fine it it's solid wood and out of the air/vapor path. Induction heater instead of a torch so that there's no butane fumes involved (avoids unburned hydrocarbons) and so that the temperature can be set digitally to get a more calibrated, repeatable result.
And you want it portable, so Qaroma and Electric Sandcastle is out?

It should be fun to watch your DIY experiments. I think you have a good start with metal rings around glass vapes. Maybe the OH Dab-Ready could be used to heat your glass. Although that but has to be plugged in, but it is cordless.

It will be interesting to see how much flavor difference you'll be able to detect between the BAK, Milanna, or the torch vapes and your creations. Be sure to share your results!

badbee

Maybe it’s a failure of the imagination on my part, but I can’t see any way that could be done with an induction heater.
Yeah, @wamalt you may have a misunderstanding about induction heaters, they have no capability to measure or modulate power based on temperature. The Wand IH has a display that pretends to regulate temperature, but it's actually just a timer.

wamalt

Yeah, @wamalt you may have a misunderstanding about induction heaters, they have no capability to measure or modulate power based on temperature. The Wand IH has a display that pretends to regulate temperature, but it's actually just a timer.

Gotcha. Well, the main reason for IH is to eliminate the butane. You would at least achieve that, and then I guess the "timer" would be there for some level of consistency in order to dial things in. Even if it doesn't represent the true temperature, you could still use it as a rough measurement so that if you set it at X number, you'll get approximately Y result. I'll edit the post.

Last edited:
wamalt,

badbee

Gotcha. Well, the main reason for IH is to eliminate the butane. You would at least achieve that, and then I guess the "timer" would be there for some level of consistency in order to dial things in, even if it doesn't represent the true temperature. I'll edit the post.
Absolutely, some steel wrapped glass and a bunch of practice would give very clean hits.

wamalt

All Arizer Solo and Air vapes are ~12.5mm and we tested fitting the Vaponic and it fits perfectly. Just don't put the Vaponic down on the table and walk away only to hear it smash into shards as it hits the ground behind you like we did :bang:

Anyone that owns a Vaponic and an Arizer Solo 2 / Air willing to test using the Arizer to heat the Vaponic? Supposedly it fits perfectly according to @PlanetHaze. I imagine it would heat up more slowly, but you'd have the benefit of the Arizer for batteries, no-torch heat and dialing in a temperature setting, combined with the fully sealed all-glass air path of the Vaponic. I just wonder if it will roast evenly or not...

Last edited:
wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I feel like someone could come up with an add-on to sell for the Vaponic or similar vape that would make it work for an induction heater (ideally The Wand) to achieve an all-glass, no-flame, portable vape. Below is what I could find online from previous attempts:
Ok, I'll try and push the discussion further. I think what you're looking for is doable and I'm trying to get there myself. Not specifically because I'm worried about materials other than glass and ceramic/zirconia but because I do love the taste neutrality they impart *and* I dislike torches.

I've done the wire wrap/metal sleeve experiments with the Wand and the vaponic. I think I prefer the vaponic with the SS sleeve from the iSpire flower cup and I've now gotten quite good with it and I rarely combust but it would be nice to have more control over the type of hit you want (flavor or riding the line). I also think that due to the impossibility of measuring the temp that the Wand imparts to a metal heating piece (SS sleeve or SS wire) you need a vape with a design that's tolerant to overheating.

Some quick research led me to designs by VHB (The Slide) and TRRW (terpedo and others). I think these could be relatively easily modded with metal sleeves that could be heated by the Wand. I think the Slide has the most potential to be tolerant to overheating since the heat source can be shifted. Couldn't get my hands on one yet but I've ordered a terpedo (a bigger vaponic basically) to see if it'll slide (even a little since it uses oRings) to moderate any overheating. I'll report back my findings.

Also curious about the Prrl Neo. Anyone have experience with it?

wamalt

Ok, I'll try and push the discussion further. I think what you're looking for is doable and I'm trying to get there myself. Not specifically because I'm worried about materials other than glass and ceramic/zirconia but because I do love the taste neutrality they impart *and* I dislike torches.

I've done the wire wrap/metal sleeve experiments with the Wand and the vaponic. I think I prefer the vaponic with the SS sleeve from the iSpire flower cup and I've now gotten quite good with it and I rarely combust but it would be nice to have more control over the type of hit you want (flavor or riding the line). I also think that due to the impossibility of measuring the temp that the Wand imparts to a metal heating piece (SS sleeve or SS wire) you need a vape with a design that's tolerant to overheating.

Some quick research led me to designs by VHB (The Slide) and TRRW (terpedo and others). I think these could be relatively easily modded with metal sleeves that could be heated by the Wand. I think the Slide has the most potential to be tolerant to overheating since the heat source can be shifted. Couldn't get my hands on one yet but I've ordered a terpedo (a bigger vaponic basically) to see if it'll slide (even a little since it uses oRings) to moderate any overheating. I'll report back my findings.

Re: The Wand with the solid Ispire SS sleeve - Does it roast evenly? How long do you heat it?

TRWW designs could be interesting with the metal sleeve. I think they are a bit larger?

As an alternative approach, instead of using an induction heater at all, I am curious how well using an Arizer Solo 2 /Air Max to heat the Vaponic would work. If it works well, you would be able to avoid dealing with a metal sleeve entirely and gain exact temperature control. Supposedly the Vaponic fits it, just haven't seen any reports on how well it works.

wamalt,

AssistedLiving

I believe the neo is just a battery heater with a ceramic heating element

I am curious how well using an Arizer Solo 2 /Air Max to heat the Vaponic would work. If it works well, you would be able to avoid dealing with a metal sleeve entirely and gain exact temperature control. Supposedly the Vaponic fits it, just haven't seen any reports on how well it works. Maybe there are other vapes that it would fit into as well that would somehow be a better heat source?

the tinymight is more powerful, and the oven diameter can fit 16mm OD glass tubes, cheers!

Top Bottom