Induction Heater UFO intelligent Activation Technology Induction Heater for Dynavap

b0

Cloudy...
Yeah, I was hoping the available adjustment opportunities with the included glass tubes and spacers would do the trick, but it seems like the addition of an adjustable powerband might be more my style.

The IH physics are pretty interesting - if I use the bottomless insert with minimum silicone spacers I can get it to slow down the click, but found on subsequent cycles it can burn before the click registers.

I also find I have to tamp the bowl more than when torching, or herb will fall out and sit on the cap when inserted downwards to heat, and over roast that layer.

I agree with everything you said here, I'm happy with mine but there is deffo space for improvement.

Just to add to this, I received one in early September, and when charging it never stopped blinking red. Now it won't turn on at all, and I suspect it'll go in the trash unless I can convince the retailer I bought it from to do a return / exchange. Definitely some quality control issues with this device.

b0

Cloudy...
Just to add to this, I received one in early September, and when charging it never stopped blinking red. Now it won't turn on at all, and I suspect it'll go in the trash unless I can convince the retailer I bought it from to do a return / exchange. Definitely some quality control issues with this device.
Mine started blinking red for hours without ending charging with the original charger. Contacted retailer and they asked me to send it back, but I found out that with a higher amp charger it was charging right, so told em I was gonna keep testing it during the weekend, but probably gonna send it back and I'm thinking maybe I should get a different unit...

This unit works lovely, shape/size is really good to take with you but if battery is gonna be unreliable and not user-replaceable, it's just meant to fail. Someone sell me a fluxer flite :cry:

b0

Cloudy...
This was always the deal breaker for me... interesting it has turned out to be problematic in some cases, I would be annoyed with it. Hope you can get it sorted!
To be honest retailer CS has been nothing but amazing, lacentralevapeur.com has been a pleasure to deal with.

And yeah, you're totally right about the battery, but I was expecting at least a couple of decent years from it while waiting for a better IH option...

GrandWazoo

I'm in Spain atm. Man Brexit has fucked up so many of us, I was working in an online shop that sold more to the UK than any other country and it was a nightmare to adapt and still lost customers. Also, taxes in Spain are just insane, 21% + fees in any parcels from outside the EU
https://lacentralevapeur.com/ This is in France, just bought one, very soon, 3 day deliver . Very good heater, very good dealer

thegame310

Just wanted to send another follow up in here. So far, so good for my little UFO! In fact, it's made me fall in love with the induction heater. The open ended tube, with 2 of the silicon discs work perfectly for my needs.

b0

Cloudy...
Just wanted to send another follow up in here. So far, so good for my little UFO! In fact, it's made me fall in love with the induction heater. The open ended tube, with 2 of the silicon discs work perfectly for my needs.
Mine keeps working strong too, 1 hour charge 40 to 50 clicks. I use it with 2 thick and 2 thin silicone discs

b0,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Those who have one - approximately how long does it take til it clicks?
Do you tend to leave it in a little longer, or remove as soon as click happens?

Jill NYC,

thegame310

Those who have one - approximately how long does it take til it clicks?
Do you tend to leave it in a little longer, or remove as soon as click happens?

So currently with my setup which is the open tube, with 2 silicone discs, The first heat cycle will click twice (or once if packed real tight) right when the auto timer is about to stop (10 seconds or so?) then for heat cycle 2 and 3 I'd say between 5 and 7 seconds? And with my setup I respect the click.

GrandWazoo

Noooow, I waited a week to write my review, just to test the various options. It's my first IH, very excited about the concept and the result, more standard than the flame (I got three flames and you guys with previous posts remembered me about a single flame, I will try again after a long time ). It arrived charged and after the first use, I tried to change it but that didn't work: hours of blinking. Took another charger ( a big old fat one ) and in an hour it's full. The last charge I did over 50 clicks, when it starts with blue light usually I can get four/five extra clicks, and then it's over...
I did try all three glasses and I like the first, the thin one. Three seconds for a click, very good taste, love at first sight. With the fat one, it's about 5/7 seconds to wait, also not a bad taste. Tried also the one without base with two silicone, but didn't hear the click this way, so two times I risked combustion. Anyway, I'm happy with it. I use it at home because I think it's not so portable when I'm on the go I prefer flame. The real test is how long do battery work until you got to charge it every session. Maybe someone will explain how to change the battery, who knows. In the meantime now I'm so interested in IH that I found some videos on how to construct one, very interesting.

fogbank

Vapefiend site says that the extra glass cylinders are no longer included or supported.

UFO Portable Induction Heater - Vapefiend

Please Note: the current model of the UFO induction heater no longer includes or supports swappable glass cylinders.

I didn't see this mentioned in this thread, and I don't see this notification on the Stash Sack site:

UFO Portable Induction Heater - Stash Sack

Anyone know if the extra glass cylinders still come with the UFO when ordered from Stash Sack?

fogbank,
Reactions: Jill NYC

pop22

I got the UFO in December. Mine came with the extra glass and the silicone pads. I've used it as is right out of the box. I use it at least once a day and charge it once a week. I've no complaints, it does the job. I'd guess about 4-5 seconds to heat up. I'm gettting three good hit from a 1/2 bowl! The first hit is all flavor but little visible vapor. The next one is very good cloud, followed by two slightly lighter hits with good visible vapor.
I hated using the Dynavap before getting this induction heater. The whole torch ritual is just not my thing. Now I love my DV. I'm using a Tectonic stem with a 2020 M tip and a captive cap.

fogbank

I got the UFO in December. Mine came with the extra glass and the silicone pads. I've used it as is right out of the box. I use it at least once a day and charge it once a week. I've no complaints, it does the job. I'd guess about 4-5 seconds to heat up. I'm gettting three good hit from a 1/2 bowl! The first hit is all flavor but little visible vapor. The next one is very good cloud, followed by two slightly lighter hits with good visible vapor.
I hated using the Dynavap before getting this induction heater. The whole torch ritual is just not my thing. Now I love my DV. I'm using a Tectonic stem with a 2020 M tip and a captive cap.
I really like the UFO as well. I can confirm that they no longer ship with the extra glass tubes and silicone pads. They now ship with the thinner glass tube with the glass bottom preinstalled. The depth of the thinner glass tube with glass bottom is the same as depth of the thicker glass tube with the glass bottom, so the VC will sit at the same depth but will have more "wiggle room" because the glass is thinner, resulting in a greater inner diameter. It may still be possible to get a UFO that still comes with the extra glass tubes, but it would probably have to come from older stock.

Sweet-vapour-69420

Got one of these yesterday, so far the impressions are such:

Doesn’t seem like it will be particularly reliable.. I’ve already had it die on me. Ripped two different DV’s within a few seconds of each other and it seemed to “confuse” the unit, because afterwards it wouldn’t do anything other than keep flashing the green light - fixed it by plugging it on to charge which reset whatever loop it was stuck in. Someone less patient would have declared it broken there and then, and started the return process.

Heating is VERY aggressive. Seems to work better with a Ti tip, but it seems to want to undercook the middle first heat cycle, then combust the whole load on the second. More tuning needed I think. I tried with an SS tip but the results were much worse, which makes sense as my SS tips like a gentle slow roast.

Form factor gets an A-star though. This is what a portable IH should aim for, just with better functioning innards. Battery life I’d say is on par with the VHB carbon mini, and on paper they both have 1000mah capacity.

Probably wouldn’t recommend this IH to a friend in all honesty, but a v2 with slow roast capabilities and less finicky circuitry would be the full realisation of this IH’s potential. Right now it’s just a cheaper Orion in a cute chassis

fogbank

Got one of these yesterday, so far the impressions are such:

Doesn’t seem like it will be particularly reliable.. I’ve already had it die on me. Ripped two different DV’s within a few seconds of each other and it seemed to “confuse” the unit, because afterwards it wouldn’t do anything other than keep flashing the green light - fixed it by plugging it on to charge which reset whatever loop it was stuck in. Someone less patient would have declared it broken there and then, and started the return process.

Heating is VERY aggressive. Seems to work better with a Ti tip, but it seems to want to undercook the middle first heat cycle, then combust the whole load on the second. More tuning needed I think. I tried with an SS tip but the results were much worse, which makes sense as my SS tips like a gentle slow roast.

Form factor gets an A-star though. This is what a portable IH should aim for, just with better functioning innards. Battery life I’d say is on par with the VHB carbon mini, and on paper they both have 1000mah capacity.

Probably wouldn’t recommend this IH to a friend in all honesty, but a v2 with slow roast capabilities and less finicky circuitry would be the full realisation of this IH’s potential. Right now it’s just a cheaper Orion in a cute chassis
I haven't had any issues with reliability when using the UFO. It has never died on me or become "confused". That is unlike the Orion V2, that easily gets "confused" when you leave a VC in it for too long. Even on a fully charged battery, if you leave the VC in too long the Orion v2 will flash a red LED and then it will turn blue, which is supposed to signify battery <80%. The LED will continue to show blue until you plug it in and charge it fully again. This will happen any time you leave a VC in the Orion v2 for longer than the safety cutoff allows.

The UFO is my most agressive IH, when compared to the Orion V2 and the Black Shadow. But that is only because the VC sits lower in the UFO than in the other two devices. The differences between the 3 are a matter of millimeters, but that makes a huge difference. I have been told that the heaters are identical in the three devices.

With SS tips (2020 M and 2021 M) I use this technique with the UFO:
  1. Heat to the click, pull the VC out and put it directly on the magnet until the cool down click.
  2. Heat to exactly 3 seconds after the click for the next 4-5 hits
With Ti tips (2021 Omni) I use this technique with the UFO:
  • Heat to the click, pull the VC out and put it directly on the magnet until the cool down click.
  • Heat to exactly 2 seconds after the click for the next 4-5 hits
I should add that on each of my hits I draw until I hear the cool down click.

I prefer both the UFO and the Black Shadow to the Orion V2 for the SS tips. I like the one-second LED flashes of the UFO and Black Shadow. It's harder to time the seconds after the click with the Orion, with it's multiple flashes per second.

"Tuning" is definitely required. It took me a while to develop and document different techniques for the two types of tips and the three different heaters. In the end, however, I have found that using either type of tip in the UFO produces the consistent results that I like, as long as I stick to the technique.

Sweet-vapour-69420

Well, it’s time for my second (and already) final update.

Reinvigorated by the words of @fogbank I went back to the UFO, trying to find a technique to squeeze some semblance of performance from this cutesy looking thing.

After about an hour of this, I started making some headway. Pulsing the VC in and out of the UFO, preheat cycles and the like. That was until it dawned on me, this “simple and effortless” device was now requiring a complex ritual just to use it - more so than a torch.

So to get to the end of this saga, the UFO is going back to the mothership and I am replacing my VHB with another VHB. Unfortunately the grass was not greener on the other side, it was pretty black and stinking of combustion.

entirely_foreign

So, I broke my open glass tube (without the built in stopper) by accident. The default tube underheats by a lot. Any leads on where I can get a replacement tube? Open tube with 2 silicone discs was my preferred setup, and without it I've just gone back to the torch :/

entirely_foreign,

newola

Just taken delivery of my ufo. Bought new a week ago here in the UK and it has glass inserts 👍 will report back more findings after more playing with it.

First observation is that I much prefer induction heaters to torches.

pop22

I bought mine alomsot 5 months ago. It still works fine. I settled on one spacer. I heat till the click, put it one the magnet till the cool down click and heat it again just to the click. I adjusted the CCD back to a full bowl. I never heat past the click, in fact, I let it cool on the magnet for a few seconds after the second hit and the third. I get nice, fairly even hits this way. If I want a big hit, I skip the cool down on the second hit hit will be a good, big hit. A cool down before another hit is needed or it will be burnt tasting on the next hit. I'm still using it almost every day. works well enough to satisfy my needs and beats the hell out of monkeying around with a torch!

Top Bottom