Induction Heater UFO intelligent Activation Technology Induction Heater for Dynavap

rvarick

I encountered a few questions re: lights and charging on the UFO heater which I couldn't find answered elsewhere (plus the manual left a lot to be desired):
  1. Is the (red) light supposed to flash when charging? The manual indicated it would flash when charging and then go solid when full, but mine just stays solid red the whole time.
  2. How long does it take to charge? Info elsewhere suggests around 1 hour but it seems like it takes at least 2 or so.
  3. How can I tell how charged it is? Seems like it will flash green when full, and other colors when low, and empty, right?
  4. Is the unit supposed to flash the lights a bunch when the battery is drained? I noticed when mine was flashing rapidly a bunch of times when the battery was too low to use.
Thanks in advance! Other observations are that I had to switch to the bottomless glass tube to get optimal results. One worry I have is I could push the silicone discs into the device. Seems like kind a design flaw there. Wondering if there's heat proof tape or something I could place on the bottom (?). Mine also came with somewhat shoddy build quality (perhaps not surprisingly). I had to remove some kind of extra material wedged between a seam, as well as a leftover piece of black plastic that didn't get cut completely off of the body and which was also glued to the metal screen part. For the price I paid, it was all good - but it's apparent the company doesn't seem too diligent on quality standards IMO. Then there's all the other controversy and red flags with the maker as far as how they handle social media to consider too. It's a shame, as the form factor and swappable heating tubes seem like a step in a positive direction.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I wondered how long it would be after the other thread was closed that the issues would be raised here again... not long 😂

"You can't stop the signal, Mal!"

p.s. I am really sorry this device exists and causes so much extreme upset for some people, and I am sorry I posted about it, I really wish I hadn't tried to contribute to the community in this way... I promise I will never ever do this again and let others take the flak next time - wishing you all lots of love peace and happiness!

b0

Cloudy...
I just got it this afternoon and there is a huge issue with all these IH:

Makes using the dynavap too damn easy, I'm sooo wrecked :smug:

Jokes aside, I just changed the inside glass for the bottomless with a couple silicone disks and I'm loving it. I never tried any other IH and I'm gonna need a couple days to see how the battery performs, but so far all good!

Function wise I'm really happy with the unit, tuned it up with the included disks/tube really easily to how I like it and has been performing really well. Gonna keep testing it erm... for science!:science:

Vizyt91

Hi,
I’m very happy with mine, this is my first IH and all I can say is this thing is convenient, reliable (after one week of daily use) , efficient and pretty inconspicuous (looks like a small bt speaker).
Using an IH is a really different experience vs the « classic » torch tech but this is a great way to enjoy the vapcaps (safest and smoothest exp imo).

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Really good to hear of some good experiences!

I honestly wish I had the cash for one of these, but it is going to have to wait - a shame as it is always good to support innovation and further development of this kind of technology 😃

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Man, testing is so hard :dog: Battery finally said no more and I plugged it, next cycle I will count the clicks, with all the excitement I totally forgot :smug:

Using an IH is definitely an improvement, I think I got to the point I wanted tunning wise and now using my Dynavap feels like cheating :rockon:

EDIT: Fully charged in 55 minutes with the charger and cable that came in the box (Qualcomm quick charge 3.0)

Last edited:

Texus

I had grabbed one before the big mess started, and gave it a try yesterday. I'd say that with the stock glass inserted this one heats up way too fast for my taste. So will be working to figure out how best to tame that with the other tubes. But battery life seems decent so far. Was out and about with it, so not a good feel for how many rounds it can go before battery crapped out. Other thing I will say is that compared to Hot Shot or Flite or Wand I have, I don't think it is particularly good for the pocket. Just too tall. But I got it for cupholder use on a folding chair, and does well there.

rvarick

Man, testing is so hard :dog: Battery finally said no more and I plugged it, next cycle I will count the clicks, with all the excitement I totally forgot :smug:

Using an IH is definitely an improvement, I think I got to the point I wanted tunning wise and now using my Dynavap feels like cheating :rockon:

EDIT: Fully charged in 55 minutes with the charger and cable that came in the box (Qualcomm quick charge 3.0)
How can you tell when it is fully charged?

rvarick,

b0

Cloudy...
How could you tell when it was fully charged?
The light stopped blinking red to solid red. Seems like that's how it works, manual has no info about that
Other thing I will say is that compared to Hot Shot or Flite or Wand I have, I don't think it is particularly good for the pocket. Just too tall. But I got it for cupholder use on a folding chair, and does well there.
I really want a flite, gutted that he isn't making any more :cry:

TBH I see the UFO more like a portable-table unit to take around the house or even to the house of a friend and leave it on a table while enjoying the evening. Still, not bad if you have a funny bag or backpack to have it

rvarick

The light stopped blinking red to solid red. Seems like that's how it works, manual has no info about that

I really want a flite, gutted that he isn't making any more :cry:

TBH I see the UFO more like a portable-table unit to take around the house or even to the house of a friend and leave it on a table while enjoying the evening. Still, not bad if you have a funny bag or backpack to have it
Thanks. So weird, mine never blinks red. It’s always solid.

Hopefully Fluxer makes IHs again after all this vape ban stuff works itself out!

Edit: my UFO had another conniption fit where it was randomly drained (apparently) after showing no indication it was low. I couldn’t get anything to heat This was only after 25 clicks from a LONG charge. It was doing the rapid non-stop flashing lights thing again too. I plugged it in, and then it was doing a flashing red light charge (finally). Then it went solid red after only ~20 mins. And when I turned it on one led was yellow, one green. So perplexed. Trying a different charger cord now.

Edit 2: realized the yellow light means it’s plugged in. It goes green when unplugged. Still unsure why it’s draining so quickly without notice.

Last edited:
rvarick,
Reactions: kel

rvarick

If people can't make induction heaters, it might be the patent thieves who are telling them they can't

Say no! to patent thieves.
Not to speak for Jeff, or to re-start the patent discussion (as fun as it was watching that slow-motion car crash of a thread :lol:); but I think based on what was stated in the Fluxer thread his reasons for pausing production were primarily because of the unknowns with the PACT Act.

However, I am currently wishing I’d taken whatever red flags I could to avoid the UFO, as the one in my case is proving to be a very Unreliable Fucking Object! It had some promise but seems to have some glitchy tech in my case.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks. So weird, mine never blinks red. It’s always solid.

Hopefully Fluxer makes IHs again after all this vape ban stuff works itself out!

Edit: my UFO had another conniption fit where it was randomly drained (apparently) after showing no indication it was low. I couldn’t get anything to heat This was only after 25 clicks from a LONG charge. It was doing the rapid non-stop flashing lights thing again too. I plugged it in, and then it was doing a flashing red light charge (finally). Then it went solid red after only ~20 mins. And when I turned it on one led was yellow, one green. So perplexed. Trying a different charger cord now.

Edit 2: realized the yellow light means it’s plugged in. It goes green when unplugged. Still unsure why it’s draining so quickly without notice.
Yellow light? My unit doesn't have a yellow light, this is how it works:

When you plug in to charge it blinks red while charging and solid red if full.
When you turn it on it shows battery: blinking green if almost full, blue when medium (blinks faster as it has less battery) and red when dead. After showing battery it turns green normally to show it's ready to use.

Never saw any yellow and that makes me think your unit has a defect (it happens to the best brands, DYNAVAP and other American products included, don't be so harsh ;)) why don't you return it? Where did you buy it? Mine is working amazingly well and I'm over the moon with it and I have 2 other friends with the same experience. I used it so much yesterday that had to charge it twice (I used it non stop since waking up until bed, had to work double today for the day lost)

And about the people STILL talking about offtopics... Come on, I thought you learned after they closed the post about it. Let's keep the offtopics out of here so the admins don't need to worry, no? At some point it gets boring, we all know already what we think

rvarick

Yellow light? My unit doesn't have a yellow light, this is how it works:

When you plug in to charge it blinks red while charging and solid red if full.
When you turn it on it shows battery: blinking green if almost full, blue when medium (blinks faster as it has less battery) and red when dead. After showing battery it turns green normally to show it's ready to use.

Never saw any yellow and that makes me think your unit has a defect (it happens to the best brands, DYNAVAP and other American products included, don't be so harsh ;)) why don't you return it? Where did you buy it? Mine is working amazingly well and I'm over the moon with it and I have 2 other friends with the same experience. I used it so much yesterday that had to charge it twice (I used it non stop since waking up until bed, had to work double today for the day lost)

And about the people STILL talking about offtopics... Come on, I thought you learned after they closed the post about it. Let's keep the offtopics out of here so the admins don't need to worry, no? At some point it gets boring, we all know already what we think
Thanks for running through what normal function looks like. This confirms mine was having issues. I did end up returning it today. The lack of a reliable charging light was one thing, but the inability to tell the battery level and it randomly draining completely without notice made it too unreliable to hang onto. It’s a shame, the form factor and heating profile was pretty nice with this one. And I agree, QC issues can happen with everyone. I ran into issues with 2 different Orions in fact. The malfunctioning on this one, along with the poor fit and finish left a bad first impression though. Folks with a solid one - enjoy!

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for running through what normal function looks like. This confirms mine was having issues. I did end up returning it today. The lack of a reliable charging light was one thing, but the inability to tell the battery level and it randomly draining completely without notice made it too unreliable to hang onto. It’s a shame, the form factor and heating profile was pretty nice with this one. And I agree, QC issues can happen with everyone. I ran into issues with 2 different Orions in fact. The malfunctioning on this one, along with the poor fit and finish left a bad first impression though. Folks with a solid one - enjoy!
Really happy to hear that you have been able to return it! Are you gonna give it a second chance and try a second unit or just decided to move on for something else? I'm still gutted I can't get a Flite tbh, UFO feels more like a home-portable.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I went in half’s on this with a friend because I needed an IH for a few things I’ve been tinkering with. I do have to say that I was disappointed to see the cloned accessories from other community members posted from their Instagram, because I wouldn’t want my Dynavap accessories cloned either if I made some. I honestly didn’t look into this brand that much besides reading a few posts on here and liking the simplicity and form factor.

Anyways, it arrived yesterday so might as well lay out my initial impressions:

First of all it looks like an iHome speaker I used to have, pretty small and discreet. It arrived fully charged, which was a nice gesture. Classic wax pen style 5 clicks on and off - also it seems the 5 clicks don’t need to be in ultra rapid succession - a nice touch for people that struggle with the click timing in other devices.

For basis of comparison I just used a common 2020M; though I guess that model isn’t the most popular on this forum.

Fiddled around with different settings; The stock glass insert was too aggressive for this setup - charring the front of the bowl but leaving a lighter gradient throughout the rest. So far preferring either the thick glass tube, or the bottomless with a few silicone spacers. I could see there being a lot of room to experiment with different options, and for this purposes, and I could see the low temp cap being potentially useful too.

I also think a thick glass bottomless tube with adjustable spacers would be useful, possibly even being the Goldi-Locks setup in my opinion , but I’m sure it depends on the total load out, and I haven’t tried it with a titanium tip yet.

Battery life was longer than I expected - I didn’t count or measure anything, but for the devices capacity I think it would be sufficient for the typical user.

QC seemed pretty good - but I pulled a magnet off already from it sticking to the cap stronger than the adhesive used lol, so time shall tell in that department... I’m not gonna make a big deal over it just yet, but it’s not really a great sign either.

Was kinda surprised the green light stays on the entire time the unit is powered on. Seems a little unnecessary, but as a LED it probably doesn’t really draw that much power either. Another small quirk is the 5 minute auto-shut off seems to be a hard 5 minutes - as in, it will turn off in the middle of a heating cycle if you hit the 5 minute mark. I guess this could be a safety feature for someone that left their vape in the heater hole. It also has a 12 second auto shut off on the heater where it stops heating automatically after 12 seconds, whether you get the click or not. When using less silicone spacer disks I could get it to where the click doesn’t hit on the first full heatup, if desired. As I noted above, I think a thick tube with spacers would be a pretty nice option, maybe even ideal, but I have to use it some more before I could conclude.

Well that’s all I can think of right now, happy vaping!!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It arrived fully charged, which was a nice gesture.
Most manufacturers ship items without a full charge, lipo batteries are usually at around 50% with most devices as batteries degrade if they are left fully charged for too long (an item may sit on a shelf of a warehouse for some time before being sold)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Most manufacturers ship items without a full charge, lipo batteries are usually at around 50% with most devices as batteries degrade if they are left fully charged for too long (an item may sit on a shelf of a warehouse for some time before being sold)

I was a bit surprised it was topped off but reckon it could be part of the QC process to test the cells capacity.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I think my honeymoon with this one is over. Used it exclusively for a few days, the ease of use and near automated convenience factor is truly great, but I just seem to prefer the vapor quality and control from the single torch experience.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The IH sounds a bit too aggressive for you, a spacer to raise the VC may slow things down a bit for a more even roast or an adjustable power unit may just suit you better. :tup:

Yeah, I was hoping the available adjustment opportunities with the included glass tubes and spacers would do the trick, but it seems like the addition of an adjustable powerband might be more my style.

The IH physics are pretty interesting - if I use the bottomless insert with minimum silicone spacers I can get it to slow down the click, but found on subsequent cycles it can burn before the click registers.

I also find I have to tamp the bowl more than when torching, or herb will fall out and sit on the cap when inserted downwards to heat, and over roast that layer.

Top Bottom