• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grobalot

your batteries are likely getting old and are not as powerful anymore as new ones. thats why you get the weak battery message for a second when the heater is pushed. its not a problem at all as the mod adjusts power to what they are still capable of supplying. the ramping up to temperature might be a bit slower.

i still use samsung 30qs altho i read a few things about sony vtc5a as powerful ones, dont have personal experience with them tho. i did replace all my 30qs early this year (after two years of constantly rotating through them) and it was worth it. power and bowl amount back as in the beginning.

@ccc24 i hope to have orders open again in one to two weeks. dont worry if you sent the email to that address you will receive the announcement for the drop.

cheers for the reply dude, i know your a man in demand so it's very much appreciated!
I'll get some new batteries on order tomorrow and kick a bit more life into it!
i used to use the vtc5's in my sigeli and they heated a clapton like no ones business. moved onto the 30q's when i got a new mod and loved them just as much. i might pick 4 of each up just to be safe lol.
many thanks again dude :D

Grobalot,

Grobalot

The good recent Sony cells are VTC6A and VTC5D. VTC5A is also quite good, and not the same cell as VTC5.

I would skip VTC5 and VTC6 and get the new ones instead.

:2c:
I knew there was some updated Sony ones but haven't gotten round to reading up properly. the only problem with new cells is how quickly they go out of stock lol.
i'll definitely look at the VTC5D's and 6A's and see if there is much difference in terms of performance and price. still love my 30Q's tho lol
@KeroZen which out of the updated ones would you suggest? more bothered about performance than price

@funkyjunky or anyone that has one, whats the general consensus on the nub mouthpiece? looks like a good swap for my shortstem to attach to my wool whip. the wife wont be happy with the shopping list i'm putting together at the moment lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Grobalot,
Reactions: KeroZen

Magistra

Argh! Deciding between the Tubo and the upcoming firewood 6 is going to be hard! Currently using a Solo 2, and loved my Haze Square (battery is going, going, gone and I can’t be bothered with it anymore).

I know they are quite different, but I can’t justify both at the same time....right?

sickmanfraud

@funkyjunky or anyone that has one, whats the general consensus on the nub mouthpiece? looks like a good swap for my shortstem to attach to my wool whip. the wife wont be happy with the shopping list i'm putting together at the moment lol

I have a nub and like it very much. I personally would suggest that you use the short stem for the whip. I don't know how much the nub would cool the vapor better than the whip?

From a purely financial POV, the short stem is $8 and the nub is $25. I would keep the nub safe for times you are not using the whip.

I know they are quite different, but I can’t justify both at the same time....right?

The Tubo has been in circulation for almost 3 years. With all due respect to FW6 I would suggest the Tubo now and the FW6 after it has been in circulation for a while.

@funkyjunky you need to get the "discontinued" removed from this thread before it hurts business.

Also, @funkyjunky do you know how many Tubo (Evic, Dual, TuboX and Tetrax) vapes are in circulation?

Grobalot

I have a nub and like it very much. I personally would suggest that you use the short stem for the whip. I don't know how much the nub would cool the vapor better than the whip?

From a purely financial POV, the short stem is $8 and the nub is $25. I would keep the nub safe for times you are not using the whip.

thats what i was thinking about the nub vs whip after i'd posted lol.
i went mad when i first bought the tubo and got the long bent, long, short stem, whip and the 2 pipe adaptors. i think they where the only addons available at the time.
the long bent and whip are my usual go to stems and can rip though pretty much all of them. the short stem killed my chest the first time i used it so stuck the whip on after i'd recovered lol.
think i'll grab the nub, some new screens and caps to make the shipping worth while. being in the uk helps with cost of shipping and i cant find the basket screens short of picking up some of the Cloud Evo baskets that are a bit of a rip off imho.
i had been toying with the idea of using the cloud evo baskets as pre-loaded cartridges but i very rarely take my tubo out if we go anywhere.

Grobalot,

sickmanfraud

thats what i was thinking about the nub vs whip after i'd posted lol.
i went mad when i first bought the tubo and got the long bent, long, short stem, whip and the 2 pipe adaptors. i think they where the only addons available at the time.
the long bent and whip are my usual go to stems and can rip though pretty much all of them. the short stem killed my chest the first time i used it so stuck the whip on after i'd recovered lol.
think i'll grab the nub, some new screens and caps to make the shipping worth while. being in the uk helps with cost of shipping and i cant find the basket screens short of picking up some of the Cloud Evo baskets that are a bit of a rip off imho.
i had been toying with the idea of using the cloud evo baskets as pre-loaded cartridges but i very rarely take my tubo out if we go anywhere.

Here are options for the basket screens. See which are available in the UK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WQJYRS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A25P6G025Q8BJJ&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQMPY2V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=A3GEW28C8EPG1A&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072V86X21/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=A3NL3HQJBHO5FT&psc=1

Grobalot

nun bar the bottom one is available for shipping to the uk. and the shipping on the bottom link is $5.98 and takes 3 weeks to ship lol.
think i'll just save up and splash out on some new stems and other parts from @funkyjunky. i'm supporting him at the same time as getting what i want. thanks for having a look into it for me though @sickmanfraud . its very much appreciated :D

sickmanfraud

Grobalot

£3.03 for 4 on lamart.ch so i'll stick to my guns i think.
everything on vapefiend is a bit pricey. got my MFLB from them and the waterpipe adaptor a long while back. didnt think to check amazon, could have saved £20 :rolleyes:
i clogged one of my baskets with some Ferrari hash and some squidgy pollen. vaped it really efficiently but ballsed the screen up. lost the other in our recent house move. think i'll burn it off tonight and hope for the best. rarely use them other than microdosing in the daytime and hash when i can either make it or my guy gets some in. once the kids are in bed i pack it and rip it and it tends to stay put.
thanks again @sickmanfraud :tup:

little maggie

I'm thinking of getting one of the cooling mouthpieces. Do the cooling bent stems work as well as the nub for cooling? Has anyone tried both?

(And is there a tetrax video yet?)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry but I don't understand what you're responding to. The tetrax?

The Tetra is the new heater, with 4 tubes/coils instead of 3 like the original Tubo (TuboX and Dual). So TetraX is TuboX with new Tetra heater. Meanwhile all new Duals are now Tetra Duals (the OG Tubo heater is being phased out, gone with the single batt Evic, just TetraDual/X now)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
its still the tubo dual, with tetra heater.

insta catching up to insta:
69852298_123069625708104_1198384985638599503_n.jpg

69638517_2674111255953167_3826621177201077690_n.jpg

69397420_516881572399749_5926360728724388578_n.jpg

69536223_138877894010300_7258565517414535288_n.jpg

Grobalot

i know its bin posted before a while back, but is it worth investing in the ELB's for the evo to fit the tubo stems? has anyone had any success using them more recently?
i love to microdose with the basket screen but would love some larger capacity baskets to keep handy when i'm out and about (which is very rare) or just struggling too much with my hands on a particularly bad day, to mess with grinding and loading. is there a place for mods or recommendations on 3rd party stems that fit the tubo, too? failing that, i may just bite the bullet and give the wooden stems a try soon and pick up the spiked glass stem... and possibly some other bits that may come ton the same value as picking up a Dual :freak:

Last edited:
Grobalot,
Reactions: Xclerk

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Is that inlaid one for sale? These are so pretty. I want one bad. Atleast I can still flam

Xclerk,

SixStringToker

Naked member
Well, this is odd. I was going to post here asking for advice on a locked up Tubo Dual. Shortly after receiving it, I was digging thru the menus to see if I could change the LCD color... took a call and when I got back to the vape, it was locked on the main screen and showed 0 resistance on the coil and was completely unresponsive to button presses. The display would never time out. On several different occasions, I tried removing/replacing the batteries and hooking it up to USB but it made no difference; still unresponsive.

I just put two batteries in it to double-check what's displayed on the screen before posting here for help and it's now working perfectly again.

I'm so confused (and paranoid). :huh: Does anybody have any idea what might have happened?

Top Bottom