• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Dear FC,

may i introduce,
xyoU2bI.jpg

ftwZ7V5.jpg

the tubo evic
Gck7aA1.jpg

the heater consists of three coils in parallel, 26awg ss316l, ~0.3ohms, inside borosilicate tubes inside a 18mm female glass joint. the wire connections are crimped, no solder is used in the heater. the visual wires are high temp silicone, end immediately after entering the tubes and only get warm to the touch at max.
wyoKCvj.jpg

YnNmnoE.jpg

its powered by a joyetech evic vtc mini 75watts temperature control box mod.
resulting in convection on demand temp control.
the temperature is controlled at the coil which makes it draw speed independent.
it can be charged by usb and has replaceable batteries.
one battery seems to last up to 5 bowls (each 0.15-0.2g), this needs more testing.
it takes any kind of 18mm male connection with screen, elb or eq basket inserted.
qeu00Kw.jpg

izMyWdE.jpg

The 510 connection (example: https://imgur.com/tKq2Os7) is not threaded, so you can slide out the mod in case, by unscrewing the signed screws. its not a recommended procedure on a regular basis, might glue the evic in for future models.

in this pic you see the 18mm part capped with a flattened eq basket screen to prevent herbs from falling out. only needed with the mouthpiece as the 18mm points down then. not with water pieces as the bowl end points upwards.
xSTnrmn.jpg

The outer shell is laser cut from swiss eco-friendly poplar wood, there are some other possibilities like beech or birch, maybe also colored.

The firmware on the evic vtc mini was modified with the “myevic” custom firmware (https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/tree/master/bin) with some modifications to its source code.

The resulting “tubomyevic” firmware currently has user changeable resistances, up to 20seconds puff time out and an adjusted temperature range from 150C to 260C (302F to 500F). there is also the ability to hide other modes like vw,ti,ni.
Doing some calibrations, current TCR is set to 200 to have accurate load temperatures displayed.

here is a video of it in action before i changed the software:
with the software change, there is no more need to re-push the button and the displayed temperatures are corrected.

and https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/54whhq/the_tubo_evic/ is the link to the recent reddit thread with some additional info, tried to include as much here from the start.

Currently i am sourcing parts for a small number of units to see how assembly goes and to come up with total costs/a price.

i hope you like it :D

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
This is cool, I like how you made it more of a side-loaded profile instead of just sticking it all on top. Ends up being similarly sized to a double battery mod, maybe a little bigger. A lot of options for wood and customizing with this guy too I would think, that could be cool. The only thing I'm not into is the evic being upside down, I'm not a fan of pinkie buttons. It does look good upside down on the glass though. I'll have to check out the video when I get home from work. Definitely watching the thread, hope it goes well for you.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Lovely!

But did you rework the TC algo in the firmware? Because honestly it's relatively crap. Or rather say it has a bad tendency to crap on you at the least expected moment!

Maybe a good start would be to ditch the resistance locking feature altogether and have it calibrated and fixed once for good. My main issue is mostly when the mod kicks out of TC and back to Power mode, this should be prevented at all costs because this is a sure path to instant combustion.

I like what you did but I'm a bit disappointed that nobody answered when I put the idea of writing a custom FC@evic firmware on the table, and then I discover that you did it on your own. But I guess this is because you have commercial intentions... so it's somehow your walled garden now.

Meanwhile I kept working on my own custom solution using an ATTiny85 MCU and various kinds of sensors. I think I will open source it all in the end, but maybe we could collaborate in the future?

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
thanks everyone for checking it out!

The only thing I'm not into is the evic being upside down, I'm not a fan of pinkie buttons. It does look good upside down on the glass though.

i know what you mean. it can be pushed with your pinky. but i do hold it with the display towards me and pressing the button with my thumb. having the display pointing away, the button is conveniently pressed with the index or middle finger.

But did you rework the TC algo in the firmware? Because honestly it's relatively crap. Or rather say it has a bad tendency to crap on you at the least expected moment!

Maybe a good start would be to ditch the resistance locking feature altogether and have it calibrated and fixed once for good. My main issue is mostly when the mod kicks out of TC and back to Power mode, this should be prevented at all costs because this is a sure path to instant combustion.

I like what you did but I'm a bit disappointed that nobody answered when I put the idea of writing a custom FC@evic firmware on the table, and then I discover that you did it on your own. But I guess this is because you have commercial intentions... so it's somehow your walled garden now.

Meanwhile I kept working on my own custom solution using an ATTiny85 MCU and various kinds of sensors. I think I will open source it all in the end, but maybe we could collaborate in the future?

no, i havent touched any algorithm. what i do is only changing numbers in the code as of now.
imo its not bad at all. i know your problem and i had it too with thicker wire gauge. the coil doesnt reach temps fast enough and it switches back to power mode. pulsing the button a bit for the initial heatup does solve this somehow, but its not a comfortable situation i agree.

the myevic software from clockselect (give the standard one a try, or take the modified one i posted in the project thread) lets you set the resistance to any value yourself after the device has read something. it does not change on its own again.

changing the firmware only became relevant to me recently. i'm happy to share my code or provide the software files, its not my garden at all. the cuboid has been recently added to the supported devices and rx200 support is around the corner. pretty sure the "project" gets its own version of the firmware :)

i have some arduino based prototypes as well, id love to see your setup one day. also, up for collaboration!

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hi everyone!

some updates:

first the one that concerns me personally the most...i broke my right hand...so that puts me back quite a bit. buut im already using it again, have some titanium plates (potential dabbers:brow:) stabilizing my bones...science man!
i think maybe in another two weeks or so ill be able to start assembling again.

back to the real things of interest:
@KeroZen @Pipes and others: clockselect (big thanks at this point) has now implemented some alternatives to the standard temperature algorithm from the original joytech firmware in his myevic custom firmware (link in first post).
it has a PID controller now, which does work remarkeably well. a big difference to the standard one! you gotta give it a try! i tried to tune it a bit and it works very great now for the tubo, super stable temps!

i managed to assemble two other units with the parts i had before my hand incident. i colored them and did a bees wax finish. the evic controllers are glued in now, its the longlasting solution, i also upgraded the plain one. assembly went well, altho ill stick to plain ones for now. i will however organize different wood choices. and we can still play with the color of the evic inside :D.

here is the complete album of the pics i took this morning, i made a small selection here.

zFcVy91.jpg

EvDAcAb.webp

C3gxnxe.webp

XhOsmp1.webp

dDq9AJK.webp

acmP7Ki.webp

(forgot to flip the display in the last pic, its possible)

happy vaping :science:

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Really nice idea ! I love the design and the box mod style, I know some who gonna love this around me .
I hope that your hand is gonna be healthy fast !

One note on the white box , why did you steal R2-D2's stoner child ? :D

I hope you'll be successful !
Cheers

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
heya!

like the star wars reference as i did not see it myself before someone else also pointed it out :)

so, i am in the process of building. hand is not 100% yet but its not a real handicap anymore.
i will receive evics this week and hope to finish the first units.

following a few impressions on the heater:
MmfRaNU.png

six times three twisted coils crimped together. this is where air will get heated.
8vvmKIN.png

cut and fire polished duran borosilicate tubes
B7l71m8.png

both fit together makes for the neat heater core :) (the coils get stretched out later)
EEHXaHC.png

and some raw sanded shells for the evic side. from left to right: birch, beech, popplar.

see you soon :D

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Any chance you could supply them in kit form for those already owning a evic mini?

Also another side question: would it be possible to make the evic assembly non-permanent?

Alternatively it would be even better if your whole heater was on a 510 base, this way I could have my evic permanently assembled inside but I would also be able to switch the atty and use "the Project" or my custom attys in place... Yeah yeah, I'm asking too much, I know! :p

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Excellent workmanship!
Curious though, how do you tap into the evic's output? Via the 510 connector or do you drill and tap on directly?
ty! yes i make a dummy connector that plugs in the evic 510 connection. ill make some tomorrow and should have a pic to show.

Any chance you could supply them in kit form for those already owning a evic mini?

Also another side question: would it be possible to make the evic assembly non-permanent?

Alternatively it would be even better if your whole heater was on a 510 base, this way I could have my evic permanently assembled inside but I would also be able to switch the atty and use "the Project" or my custom attys in place... Yeah yeah, I'm asking too much, I know! :p
nono you dont ask too much, i wanted to make it so one could only purchase the shell (heavy armor) for the evic, but found that i can only guarantee the electric connection and overall durability by glueing it in permanently. screws got lose, connection went bad.
i did start with a straight 510 attachment which got rather long all together... i now however already have a working prototype of a 510 version that is laying (basically the heater side but 90degrees tilted) on the battery mod. ill take a pic tomorrow as well. to avoid misshappenings with wrong resistance settings one should do as pipes said and devote a mod to an atty/510heater :)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
here are the connector plates @Pipes. i solder the leads of the heater to the brass pin and copper wire on the flip side. its a very tight fit in the 510 connector of the evic, has to be pressed in a bit.
Bne1T8X.jpg

and some assembled heater sides:
rfAueyM.png

coming along nicely!
the evics are still at customs, wonder what they do there...hope they get through soon...

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
So who is this batch going out to? I'm not trolling for a free beta, just wondering what phase it's in. Are these beta's or like a paying alpha tester kind of thing? I'm excited to hear some user reviews for this.
interesting question. we are in the i build some and see if i can do this for a good price phase...i guess. after calibration and quality control giving the ok (thats going to be a fun day:freak:) id gladly sell them.
yes very excited for user reviews, fingers crossed :)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
meh... my chinese friend says his/my/our evics were detained by customs, my tracking info says those packages were delievered to random addresses in the country...lol what? so either i got the wrong tracking numbers and they show up soon or fu customs, no reason to detain them. i ordered some more from a different vendor but this delays for another 2 weeks. lets just hope the original order shows up!

edit:
as it is getting really frosty here in switzerland, i have noticed the dependence of the battery life on the outside air temperature. as i was getting up to 5 bowls per battery in fall, i get 4 bowls now on average indoors (22degC) and had only 2 bowls a battery today outside (3degC). makes sense,therefor gotta have enough batteries for wintersports.

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hello,

unfortunately no evics yet...seems like they were really lost. they are being resent and others are on the way as well, ill update for sure once i receive them. i figured ill start with preparing shells for some more units. so we have that going for us, which is great.

wanted to send them out for christmas, now it will be more like a new years resolution.

in the meantime, enjoy vaping :)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
4 evics have shown up in total, more should come in soon.
assembly went well with all of them, they are all very functional :haw:

hNgNMto.jpg

Wuwau5M.webp

:nod:

they all have a future home already. the price is $150 for the early ones. if you want on the list of potential future buyers, please contact me here on fc.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hey,

thanks!cool!
yeah i am on it! we def need a new video, not sure if i make it tomorrow, but it will come! :)

as for the colors/combinations, i have black and white evics on the way still and have shells of each wood. if time is no issue i also gladly order any color available for the evic vtwo mini.
eVic_VTwo_Mini_01.png

originally had burgundy and orange on the way,the lost ones...sceptical on their repeated arrival to say the least.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I wasnt so keen on the design initially, but as I've got down the page, Im getting pretty sold on the looks, especially the painted ones. I like it a lot now!

Great work, so glad to see the minds here be able to put all this information to use in providing quality products for the sake of quality products, not chasing a buck and cutting corners/adding on pointless bells and whistles mainly for the wow factor.

Actually I'd like this to have a bell and a whistle.

Top Bottom