Gray Area

thank you @KeroZen for reporting this issue. i dont think i have seen one from a bad batch yet. (yes the next quote might say otherwise)
i test them all with a charged battery and have a session with each. no weak battery as far as i remember. in my experience it usually starts to trigger the weak battery message when charge is around 50%. with the latest update i think it should not occure until even lower charge normally.

This is what I've found since the new update. I can run a battery down much further (using demand not cruise) before my Tubo won't work.

and a little cookie :D
TUBOx w/ cuboid200 in action, https://www.instagram.com/p/BXUiAGUgMgT/
please stay calm i will contact you very soon for the tubox :nod:

have a nice weekend everyone!

Thanks, and you have a great weekend too :tup:

Great video btw... but it's the dual battery version I'm holding out for :goon: ;)

RelaxedNow

@funkyjunky, does either of the weak battery or no atiomizer issues occur with the Dual battery version? Does it ever exit Cruise inexplicably?

I love my Tubo, but if these issues don't occur with the Dual, I want one. As I've said before, they don't deter me from using my Tubo, but it'd be nice if they were eliminated.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't know for these issues. From what I read on ECF the guys had problems even with fresh cells, and claimed that when they moved their cells to other devices they worked fine. Some said they got the weak battery message with cells fresh out of the charger... and they are not using the Tubo obviously (although we don't know what wattage they use for their e-liquid)

From what I gathered, the number #1 complain people have against Joyetech/Eleaf/Wismec (same consortium) is the poor quality of their 510 connectors (even if they look fine) But in the Tubo case you don't screw/unscrew your 510 at all, so I would assume if the connection is good at first it shouldn't bulge.

But yes it could be weak cells really, in which case as I said previously it's easy to diagnose: set your device to 30W or 40W, drain the battery entirely (even if your sessions feel anemic and under-powered, the goal is to test the hypothesis, not to make you happy heh) and see if you get the message or not?

Also instead of using 30Q/HG2/VTC6 swap to 25R/HE4/VTC5 for a while and see if you get the message less or not? Or better use a HB6 or VTC3 as they are real 30A.

Another avenue to explore would be the battery contacts inside your Tubo. Try cleaning them with ISO maybe?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
@funkyjunky, does either of the weak battery or no atiomizer issues occur with the Dual battery version? Does it ever exit Cruise inexplicably?

i havent seen a no atomizer issue ever on my vtc dual version. but the weak battery can occur at very low charges, its a protection mechanism after all when the battery(ies) get too weak. this message is highly dependent on the peak wattage settings, the lower, the less battery sag, the later it will display. i dont think my cruises have ever been interrupted on the dual version.

also the next firmware update will power down according to battery voltage and not according to battery percentage. the difference being that the voltage is a real time measurement and will then always throttle down when the voltage sags too much. like hitting the breaks when it realizes 70 watts are making the battery work too hard. in short: hopefully less possibility to end the cruise early.

RelaxedNow

i havent seen a no atomizer issue ever on my vtc dual version. but the weak battery can occur at very low charges, its a protection mechanism after all when the battery(ies) get too weak. this message is highly dependent on the peak wattage settings, the lower, the less battery sag, the later it will display. i dont think my cruises have ever been interrupted on the dual version.

also the next firmware update will power down according to battery voltage and not according to battery percentage. the difference being that the voltage is a real time measurement and will then always throttle down when the voltage sags too much. like hitting the breaks when it realizes 70 watts are making the battery work too hard. in short: hopefully less possibility to end the cruise early.

@funkyjunky, that's great news about both devices. Please add me to the Dual waiting list.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@funkyjunky posted this a while back, but I've been using my tubo like this since this morning.

p3Ad2MF.jpg

My tolerance and stash is too low to be going through full .1-.15 joint packs as I normally was... been using my dogs and VC a lot lately so figured this would be a great way to get my tubo back into the action.

Works great. A bit finnicky to get the fitment correct, but it works just as well as joint packing, but with much less herb.

I also made a few, so now I can prepack, and switch pretty rapidly all while using the same stem (once the metal cools down of course!)

This solves my dilemma I had before where it was hard for me to bring multiple prepacked doses with me for short travels. I was bringing multiple preloaded stems which was really annoying and not at all stealthy/convenient. Now I can just have a few baskets ready and they can pretty much fit anywhere. I'm thinking for ultimate convenience, a little keychain, waterproof pill container would be great. you could probably fit around 3 or 4 of these in one pf those.

It vapes just as even (with no stirring necessary still, ime) as joint packing and you're able to get vapor production going a few seconds quicker since you don't need to get the entire joint heat soaked.

I upped my cruise back to 240 - like someone said a bit ago, I'd rather turn it off early myself if necessary than have it turn off when unwanted.

Overall,
for those paranoid about specs falling into the tubos and etc like me and want to have the safety of an extra screen, OR if you want convenience of prepacked microdoses (.05~ or so per basket, by my estimate) I would recommend this.

cheers

quick edit:

if anyone has a better priced source for the baskets than this place, please share :)

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/

Last edited:

little maggie

I posted about this a while back. These are the same as Ddave includes in his prepack units:https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p52/Quad_(4)_Preload_18mm_Stem_Pack.html
The basket screens from Arizer are a bit less than Ddave's: $7 for 4 vs $10 for 5 but if you are going to get additional stems Ddave's pack is a great option. I especially like that the Ddave stems have a screen inserted and comes with the basket screens to put on top. I'm not very good at taking a flat screen and installing it down inside a stem.

@funkyjunky posted this a while back, but I've been using my tubo like this since this morning.

p3Ad2MF.jpg

My tolerance and stash is too low to be going through full .1-.15 joint packs as I normally was... been using my dogs and VC a lot lately so figured this would be a great way to get my tubo back into the action.

Works great. A bit finnicky to get the fitment correct, but it works just as well as joint packing, but with much less herb.

I also made a few, so now I can prepack, and switch pretty rapidly all while using the same stem (once the metal cools down of course!)

This solves my dilemma I had before where it was hard for me to bring multiple prepacked doses with me for short travels. I was bringing multiple preloaded stems which was really annoying and not at all stealthy/convenient. Now I can just have a few baskets ready and they can pretty much fit anywhere. I'm thinking for ultimate convenience, a little keychain, waterproof pill container would be great. you could probably fit around 3 or 4 of these in one pf those.

It vapes just as even (with no stirring necessary still, ime) as joint packing and you're able to get vapor production going a few seconds quicker since you don't need to get the entire joint heat soaked.

I upped my cruise back to 240 - like someone said a bit ago, I'd rather turn it off early myself if necessary than have it turn off when unwanted.

Overall,
for those paranoid about specs falling into the tubos and etc like me and want to have the safety of an extra screen, OR if you want convenience of prepacked microdoses (.05~ or so per basket, by my estimate) I would recommend this.

cheers

quick edit:

if anyone has a better priced source for the baskets than this place, please share :)

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I just wanted to let you know that the power adapter kicks ass !!! Battery is 100% all the time ,also voltage doesnt drop,and the performance is awesome ! I havent gotten yet any device too hot messages .
It even worked on x-max, i actually tested it first on the x-max,just to be safe.
All i needed was Cable with ground wire, two screws , 1.5 meters of 10 AWG cable, used a knife but a screwdriver can also be handy.. :)),and two corks stoppers for the battery dummy :).

Krahl

Thats good news it works, I am going to see if I can find one in Australia, Could you please post a link to the power supply please.

I have been packing like this now but capping with some uber screens I had that I reshaped a little, but basically the same shape still and it sorts makes a nice sandwich of herb in between the screens , it is perfect for me
DOME_SCREENS_UBER__84181.1435480552.1280.1280.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Loving my new @DDave cooler. If you have any harshness issues at all this will solve them. I'm normally around 400, but I had it up past 430 just to test it out and wasn't bothered at all.

Best friends forever.
IMG_20170806_201503.jpg

https://www.meanwellaustralia.com.au/products/rsp-200 @Krahl
you need RSP-200-4 ,which by the way,has slots for two more battery dummies.. :)) I have made one for my x-max and one for my tubo.
https://www.meanwellaustralia.com.au/distributors

I see one on ebay for $30 + $12 shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERNEX-ME...160W-Single-Output-Power-Supply-/252494843369

Also see some on amazon for $50.
https://smile.amazon.com/RSP-200-4-Profile-Switching-Power-Supplies/dp/B017U58WFM/

luke00978

:D Damn dude, i got high just by watching it.. Nice milkshot ! :)
Oh,and congrats on the new glass ,is that a Stereo Matrix knockoff ?

cheers man , new glass day is usually great but the bloody Chinese have sent the wrong one it was supposed to be 18mm female, so an adapter makes all the vapes nail etc sit far too high, im trying to sort it with the vendor as we speak, other than that it works well.

its this one by the way : https://www.dhgate.com/product/mobius-glass-bongs-glass-water-pipe-dab-rig/390164362.html

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
cheers man , new glass day is usually great but the bloody Chinese have sent the wrong one it was supposed to be 18mm female, so an adapter makes all the vapes nail etc sit far too high, im trying to sort it with the vendor as we speak, other than that it works well.

its this one by the way : https://www.dhgate.com/product/mobius-glass-bongs-glass-water-pipe-dab-rig/390164362.html
Looks cool, i bought mine matrix/peyote pillar bubbler from a guy called Steven Imz on DHgate,model was called FC-1000 i think lol, i recommend this guy,his items are spotless and communication was easy,also shipped with a nice carrier,came in two weeks. :))
https://www.dhgate.com/product/adva...glass/218126546.html#s1-0-1b;searl|3149250124

subway13029

Are there ideal settings for the watts and the coil settings? I think I accidentally messed with the resistance a little in the unit I'm borrowing and I combusted but my temp was lower than I was using with whip and was nowhere close? I was using thru water when combust..i could see the coils glowing..it was my first time I had changed any setting and only went up a few digits..it's good I just wanna know what's ideal for watts and resistance etc?

Top Bottom