Tornado by Vestratto

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
not sure I’m noticing as much of a difference as others here

b2f27a87-b3da-487f-8359-adf46d4bd96a_Confirmation_Bias_TDL-1024x715.png

ETA: I guess I’m lucky, I missed out on Anvil when it was first dropping and never made it back around. So whether it’s a big Anvil, or a truly new experience, it will all be new to me! :)

PrematureEvaporation

I think we are seeing some honeymoon effect. It's a big Anvil. People are trying to see magic where there is none.

My guess is because hardly anyone is filling the bowl. So they need to justify the need to own it to themselves. When in effect using a half filled Tornado is practically identical to just using the Anvil they already owned.

BTW I think a big Anvil is awesome. I don't need any magic to justify that.
Possibly.

Could also be due to differences in heat application or loading more than you would in the anvil without realising. Seems it has more convection potential too. There’s also less vapour condensing with that new full length copper core keeping everything hot

I’m always fascinated that people can use the same device and get such different experiences, and the subtleties of why that may be

RedZep

Possibly.

Could also be due to differences in heat application or loading more than you would in the anvil without realising. Seems it has more convection potential too. There’s also less vapour condensing with that new full length copper core keeping everything hot

I’m always fascinated that people can use the same device and get such different experiences, and the subtleties of why that may be
Yeah I might be being overly skeptical. I'm interested in getting one anyway, then I can see for myself.

I have a feeling it's just a big Anvil, and that will not disappoint.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I find it interesting how the general consensus is splitting into two groups as more of these are getting into people’s hands.
It's a situation we find quite often imo, for most vaporizers, there are the enthusiasts, the conquered, the skeptics and the anti... On the Tempest thread, for example, we have fans and those who find it harder to get the best out of it, the convinced and the disappointed.

In any case, a well-filled, well-extracted bowl of Tornado is one hell of a smooth slap in the face.:D (having said that, I tried a bowl, not filled, and was amazed by the amount of vapor produced.)

eyevape

👀
I have a feeling it's just a big Anvil, and that will not disappoint.
I disagree. From my experience the Tornado is more convection leaning and the vapor is smoother. Also it’s reacting quite differently to heat, it’s built differently… and it’s just not an Anvil, even though it’s noticeable that it comes from the same stable.

But I agree that you won’t be disappointed anyway 😊

RedZep

I disagree. From my experience the Tornado is more convection leaning and the vapor is smoother. Also it’s reacting quite differently to heat, it’s built differently… and it’s just not an Anvil, even though it’s noticeable that it comes from the same stable.

But I agree that you won’t be disappointed anyway 😊
Yeah to be fair, the smoother vapour has been commented on by quite a few people. So must be something to it.

Roffa

I think we are seeing some honeymoon effect. It's a big Anvil. People are trying to see magic where there is none.

My guess is because hardly anyone is filling the bowl. So they need to justify the need to own it to themselves. When in effect using a half filled Tornado is practically identical to just using the Anvil they already owned.

I've had it for 3 weeks now, I think the honeymoon would be over. One thing I discovered: I had to unlearn some of my Anvil technique. I've started torching Tornado with a long flame, heating along the entire length of the device. Maybe give it some time? Reason I started micro dosing: if I vape large quantities with Tornado, I can't handle the psychotropic effects. I'm a daily user, high tolerance. The amount of flower I used for Anvil, once used in Tornado got me too medicated to do my work. I can assure you from personal experience (have had the Anvil since the user edition, now on thermocore and xl bowl) that it's not the same. Hard to put my finger on it, but there we are.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Yeah to be fair, the smoother vapour has been commented on by quite a few people. So must be something to it.
Mine landed yesterday, too. Not sure what I think yet but a couple observations: the vapor is very thick and smooth; it works really well with bubble hash/wool; torches easy; results are repeatable. It's a least a stronger or more efficient Anvil, I'd say.

Regarding the effects, I found it sort of non-sedating and powerful. I am not sure I feel the 'difference' that I feel with another current atomising desktop, but the sheer efficiency is another level I think. If it's only a super-Anvil, that's still quite something. But some folks do feel the atomizer effects more strongly so maybe it's a tolerance or technique thing?

I'd suggest folks watch Lee's Flower Kettle/Electropath drag race against the Sublimator. He explains some of the ideas behind how these work, what they're thought to do, etc. I'm not sure that he understands the physics any better than I do but he posits a couple scenerios which seem to jibe with my experience. One thing I thought was interesting was his suggestion that when the bowl and heater were at equilibrium the terps would burn off leading to less irritation and an uncolored, pure THC high. The other was that that effect could be avoided by setting the bowl to a lower temp. Jerry has suggested that the atomiser burns off more water, concentrating the effects.

What's nutty is that while no one can agree on the actual science, that the Sublimator sublimates, etc, everyone more or less agrees that something more is happening, that the effects are different. What I would say is that for people who don't have an Anvil yet but want to experience what Vestratto's capable of, go for the Tornado, you won't be disappointed. If you have an Anvil and want a Tornado, go for it! It's the next level up. If you have an anvil but are skeptical or unable to justify the cost, the Anvil is not rendered obsolete, just a bit outdone.

So far I really like this thing and I'll be really happy if I can bring out more of the 'atomiser effects' I've experienced elsewhere. If not, I'm still pleased with the thick, voluminous, super-smooth vapor.

Last edited:

Roffa

What I would say is that for people who don't have an Anvil yet but want to experience what Vestratto's capable of, go for the Tornado, you won't be disappointed
Very true. I haven't gone back to the Anvil since I got the Tornado. It's a shame Tornado is only WPA compatible at the moment, although people are literally hacking Anvil stuff, so maybe a couple of good adapters and stems are not far off. I like native use best, same for Tornado

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Seems I'm late to the party here.... Ordered.

I can take a hint. I don't need any more people in this thread threatening me with a good time.

20-22s heatup with the Wand and smooth tasty vapor? Does hash and whole buds? Um... yes please.

Unless my eyes deceive me, @electrokho82's video was all I needed to see. It looked like there were 4 fat rips off a 21s heat cycle with 0.2g of flower. No re-heat and the tip retained heat for well over a minute? Caramel brown ABV and perfectly even roast. Impressive.

What's with the embarrassment of riches in the DHV world lately? I just today ordered an Angus Enhanced thinking it might displace my Solo3 and then I see this guy.

I've always been interested in getting an Anvil but never pulled the trigger. Maybe this is serendipity.

SillyNotMe

There isn’t a leap from Anvil to Tornado. It’s a step sideways and forwards. There is a lot more subtlety to the Tornado experience when paired with the with the Forge. There’s no condenser other than the pinch point going through the atomizer section. The oven walls are thinner so the heat retention is different. The vapour is smoother and more voluminous.

AndyO

Lol. You don't even have it and you're telling people that do have one about the effects they're feeling?

How unbelievably arrogant to suggest that you know more about the function of a device than... you know, people who've actually used it.

You keep repeating the "it's just a big Anvil" line which just shows everyone that has actually used a Tornado that you have no idea what you're talking about.

AndyO,
Top Bottom