Tornado by Vestratto

stonedBBer

Hi guys
John here.

Wanted to give a quick update on the FORGE status.

First - let me apologize for not catching the condition that we are concerned about with the generation 1 boards and the TORNADO a lot sooner. As you know we have not released any additional units after the 4-20 launch because we wanted to allow enough time in the field to gather the intelligence to make the 2nd generation as close to perfect as possible.

Since APRIL we have experienced a 9 percent failure - all of them due to this one thorny problem.

It took us a while to figure the problem out but in general terms the failures occur with a rapid removal of the TORNADO - say on a click of the snap disc - from a fully powered core at just the right moment in the power control cycle. In that precise interval - a few milliseconds wide - the moving TORNADO stimulates a resonant energy absorption inducing a massive power flux that has no where to go once the TORNADO, being removed, is no longer absorbing it. Naturally that energy has to ultimately go somewhere so it overloads a couple of components on the way back to ground. It is always the same components so we are extremely confident that we understand the problem and the full extents of the damage.

Once we were able to identify and repeat the phenomena we were looking for (honestly after several thousand abusive heating cycles) we were able to create a test protocol and build an extremely robust fix. New boards are on the way as I write this for final verification of the fix. Importantly we have had NO OTHER UNEXPLAINED FAILURES since April. I'm so pumped to be able to unleash the full power of the FORGE with you guys. Thanks for keeping the TORNADO out of the induction mix for a little while longer. It may work perfectly well - but if it blows up just a week or two before an executable fix it would suck.

Here's what we are thinking - and I hope you understand its going to take a while so we need your patience. We are going to have a few different programs and we are pleased to support whichever you choose. We do NOT have all the logistics worked out yet but we are going to have to spread this out over several weeks. We hope to verify the new boards fully by the middle to end of next week. IF THE FIXES DON'T PROVIDE THE RESULTS WE DEMAND I WILL COME BACK TO YOU RIGHT AWAY. If things go as planned:

program 1) We will swap out a brand new FORGE for your unit. We will need to have your unit back in hand before we send out the replacement. We will coordinate with each of you but have adopted this new policy because, sadly we have found that some folks lost the motivation to send our stuff back once we provided the replacement. Once we are ready to go we hope to turn things around briskly because ultimately we really get a kick out of making a great vape / now system.

program 2) We will swap out the affected circuit board in your existing unit, verify the other boards are perfect, and include a compelling gift - something like a cold start bowl, TORNADO stem or TORNADO stem adapter.

Just so everyone is clear, if the refurbished units meet spec, we plan to sell them, clearly identified as re-furbished units, with a compelling gift at a kick ass price. Thist will help us recover our costs and provide super value to those lucky enough to score a unit.

Thanks for hanging in there. We are definitely keen to get this sorted.
Eta for stem and adapter?

stonedBBer,

Roffa

We will swap out a brand new FORGE for your unit. We will need to have your unit back in hand before we send out the replacement. We will coordinate with each of you but have adopted this new policy because, sadly we have found that some folks lost the motivation to send our stuff back once we provided the replacement.
You can bet I'm not too thrilled about being obliged to send back my Forge brick if you simply swap it for new. So that I understand: WE are obliged to send back our faulty unit so YOU will have it available to you to sell on refurbished "with a gift"?

Tornado is brilliant. But engineering and selling electronics is a different ballgame. Yet here you are. How's about just giving people their money back?

Smknbud

We will swap out a brand new FORGE for your unit. We will need to have your unit back in hand before we send out the replacement. We will coordinate with each of you but have adopted this new policy because, sadly we have found that some folks lost the motivation to send our stuff back once we provided the replacement.
You should un-adopt this policy with regards to the Forge. As you pointed out the initial batch was limited in distribution so there aren't that many units out there (assumption on my part) and those of us that bought on 4/20 faithfully trusted Vestratto with our hard earned money and faith, for unknowns to be honest, with regards to the Tornado and Forge. I think you should return that same trust to us, your best and loyal customers.

Smknbud,
Reactions: raisin

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Got my nado ordered :) How would you say the torched experience compares to that of the current anvil model? I hear it's smoother but how? And does the dual heater system still work with the torch?

Zuhdj,
Top Bottom