Tornado by Vestratto

RedZep

Yep! Convection is nice and tasty but often more work to coax vapor from the flower. You need long, slow pulls to maximize the time in contact with hot air.

Yes. Agree completely. And I think the material science here is key. When glass of the right thickness is paired with the right amount of heat, you can enter that magical zone of conduction where the glass gets hot slowly and stays in the "goldilocks" temperature range. The slow ramp-up in temp of the glass, due to its insulative native confers lovely conductive heat without scorching.

Ceramics also seem to have the right physics to achieve the conduction "goldilocks" zone while tasting neutral, like glass. However they conduct heat somewhat better than glass so the characteristics of the ramp-up are different. Their advantage is their durability over glass.
I love pure convection. It has its issues though. We are seeing quite a few new Tempest users having issues with not getting their airflow right. Made me forget what it's like when you get your first full convection vape, and realise you have to master a few things.

With regards to people trying to save the terps by loading the Tornado after it's clicked, I say why bother. It's conduction heavy. Just lean into it I say. It has it's strengths and weaknesses. So just enjoy the strengths imo.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Another thing is when you run conduction heat through an insulator like glass, it seems to help slow the ramp up and smooth the temp curve which avoids some of the flavour and terp degradation associated with conduction.
The air gap between the oven and bowl of the Tornado/Anvil has a similar effect. I do also think directly heated metal > herb conduction vapes can taste incredible when the heat is applied carefully, but I have never been able to get great tasting one hitter bowls with those styles like I can with Tornado/Anvil.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Is it really gonna be four weeks before the next tornados ship out (according to the email sent out) or is it coming soon like the website says? Is there a timeline

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I have had the Tornado for a bit now. Main difference I notice is it’s a tad smoother than the Anvil and slightly more steam. I definitely cough less with the Tornado which is sweet. I used Tornado and Anvil wpa last night. Used the Wand for Tornado and the Forge for the Anvil. Earlier when using the Tornado only I would have said it was a lot different. After using both at the same time the difference is less defined. I am using the Wand for the Tornado and it works great and very consistent. I am loving the super Anvil we call Tornado as not so much coughing is a good thing. So I wonder when Hurricane Vestratto will make landfall? How big of an Anvil is too big?

PossumMD

Is it really gonna be four weeks before the next tornados ship out (according to the email sent out) or is it coming soon like the website says? Is there a timeline
I'm somewhat confused myself as the site now says late Sept/early Oct, which it didn't say last week.

Smknbud

I'd tend to believe the email as the best guesstimate.

Last edited:
Smknbud,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The smoothness, the instant vapour, and the pics @VapingYogi sent showing the colour of the herb before inhalation, all point to more conduction to me.
I wonder if the radiant heat is the more prominent actor on the herbs over conduction?

The conduction is really good but when you test it by putting a small amount of BHO in the middle of Rayon, the outside of the Rayon is brown but the inside isn't and the concentrate is gone. Also - If I pack a bowl only half filled with herb, when I start to breath the herb pulls away from the flat bottom of the bowl and floats in the middle reducing the contact to just the sides of the bowl; sure that's still conducting but the oven itself is so enclosed I can only assume the radiant heat is impressive - like in any Oven at home...

Regardless - its now 12 days straight of use - I had a herb shortage so I have been using the hardest hitting / lowest herb combination device I have which currently is the Tornado - I still stand firm that this thing is hitting me harder than my Peak Pro 3DXL and I can't completely explain that... also have only used like 10g instead of the 30g I'd use if I was running one of my desktops.

When was the email sent? Cos all I've gotten is order confirmation...
email subject Tornado Warning "Est Delivery Time 4 weeks" as sent on 27th September

I've dialed in my torch technique a bit more and getting better results. Most of my initial roasts were coming out pretty dark, but now I'm getting some nice medium brown AVB. The Tornado still milks up like crazy at the lower temps, but the flavor and smoothness are much better down there. I also forgot how much I enjoyed the simplicity of the WPA format.

PrematureEvaporation

I've dialed in my torch technique a bit more and getting better results. Most of my initial roasts were coming out pretty dark, but now I'm getting some nice medium brown AVB. The Tornado still milks up like crazy at the lower temps, but the flavor and smoothness are much better down there. I also forgot how much I enjoyed the simplicity of the WPA format.
How are you finding the difference in heating from Tornado to anvil? It almost seems that the Tornado needs less heat?

Additionally, I remember you saying you didn’t notice much of a difference “gram for gram” in effects and flavour between the two. Is that still the case?

How are you finding the difference in heating from Tornado to anvil? It almost seems that the Tornado needs less heat?

Additionally, I remember you saying you didn’t notice much of a difference “gram for gram” in effects and flavour between the two. Is that still the case?

It does feel like the Tornado needs a bit less heat. I’m running my Blazer Firefox a little lower and heating the middle of the oven. I usually go right above the thermal battery with the Anvil. I’m surprised how similar the heat-up time is between the two.

Still not noticing big differences in effects and flavor but it could be that the Tornado performs better at these lower temps. It seems to milk up a bit more effortlessly than the Anvil and seems to perform regardless of how it’s packed. Although, I haven’t tried a very full pack yet.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I got an XL bowl for my Anvil today and I still feel like I'm definitely not getting the 'Nado flavor or smoothness out of the Anvil. Using the same flame size for the Tornado as I do for the Anvil has given me the best results so far, so I'll try going back and messing with flame size on the Anvil again to see if I can't improve my hits a little bit. Something else I think I'm noticing is the exhaled vapor from the Tornado seems like it might be dissipating faster. I do still think I'm getting pretty significantly different effects with it also, but it is more similar to the Anvil than anything else.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I am using the Wand for the Tornado and it works great and very consistent. I am loving the super Anvil we call Tornado as not so much coughing is a good thing.
This is really good to hear as I'll be using the Wand exclusively. I don't own an Anvil so this will be my first Vestratto product. It's nice to see that a lot of users on the forum are referring to it as a "slightly better Anvil" with a bigger bowl that seems easier to use and produces lots of smooth vapor easily.

Fingers crossed that it lives up to these early impressions. 🤞

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Has anyone had success and consistent RTL results with a triple/quad flame? If so how do you heat it?

When the stem drops and I pick one of these up I’m hoping to use it with a small lighter rather than a Firefox or equivalent
I do (triple soft flame). I heat the middle of the oven to the 1st click, then heat the 2nd atty to the 2nd click (or stop just before).
I also like to use a single flame like the Ronx, which takes a little longer.

coolbreeze

Has anyone had success and consistent RTL results with a triple/quad flame? If so how do you heat it?

When the stem drops and I pick one of these up I’m hoping to use it with a small lighter rather than a Firefox or equivalent
I use a PB207 but I'm sure an Eagle, Honest, or the double or triple torches would work. Firefox would be overkill for me.

PrematureEvaporation

I do (triple soft flame). I heat the middle of the oven to the 1st click, then heat the 2nd atty to the 2nd click (or stop just before).
I also like to use a single flame like the Ronx, which takes a little longer.
And this gives you RTL every time?

@coolbreeze that’s a nice torch! Was the holy grail back in my DV days ;) surprised it can run the Tornado though, that’s pretty impressive to me

PrematureEvaporation,

Duba

Accessory Maker
And this gives you RTL every time?
Yes. To be honest, sometimes I'm sure I've combusted but I haven't....:D I don't get fooled too much by the Anvil any more, but the Tornado still misleads me.
Finishing the warm-up on the 2nd atty increases retention a little and guarantees me good RTL. I stay on the main oven if I want a lighter roast

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I don't own an Anvil so this will be my first Vestratto product.
You are in for a treat! I have been microdosing with it lately and it’s amazing how much steam you can get with just a pinch of flower. Looks like maybe a quarter of that big bowl filled at most. I just use the wand free hand, no adapter of any kind. I see where others set it to max but I have settled on 575. Roughly 20 seconds or so and then you are in milk country. It has only timed out once out of maybe 12 to 15 bowls and it still clicked right as it timed out. Flavor is a little muted thru water but still enough for tasty hits thru water.

Top Bottom