Tornado by Vestratto

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Yes it will make an excellent evening vape.
But not for the day, or enjoying the terps.
Only to experience the joys of powerful effects lol.
Always good to add diversity to your range, and for my part I would like to integrate a conduction-dominant vape into my collection.
I use mine to get medicated usually around 5:30am.

It's a very versatile device, with many use cases.

I would recommend trying the device before drawing your conclusions. But to each his own:ko:

Roffa

I think certain kinds of medical users love the Anvil and use it all day, and nothing else. I didn't like the signature for daytime use personally. As you said though, it had a nice stoney edge to it for evening use.
The Anvil is very good for micro-dosing. Tornado is even better for that. Reducing material gives great results.

Oden

I use mine to get medicated usually around 5:30am.

It's a very versatile device, with many use cases.

I would recommend trying the device before drawing your conclusions. But to each his own:ko:
I'm lucky enough to use weed just for the effects and to relax.
I have no health problems.
I imagine that its effectiveness is great for becoming medicalized when this is the case as for you, and quickly and effectively benefiting from the benefits of cannabis.
But for my part I prefer the less sedative effects... of this type of vape.
I tried an anvil a few times at a friend's house and it actually works well and strong! But I'm sorry to say it like that, but the flavors weren't there, and I still had this really disappointing metallic aftertaste.

But ultimately I'm going to take a Tornado and I'll give my opinion on it myself of course.
Even if I am convinced that it will not be a vape for flavor hunters.

Alligator427

I'm lucky enough to use weed just for the effects and to relax.
I have no health problems.
I imagine that its effectiveness is great for becoming medicalized when this is the case as for you, and quickly and effectively benefiting from the benefits of cannabis.
But for my part I prefer the less sedative effects... of this type of vape.
I tried an anvil a few times at a friend's house and it actually works well and strong! But I'm sorry to say it like that, but the flavors weren't there, and I still had this really disappointing metallic aftertaste.

But ultimately I'm going to take a Tornado and I'll give my opinion on it myself of course.
Even if I am convinced that it will not be a vape for flavor hunters.
With the thermocore, you can vaporize at lower temperature and have a more flavor. You have metalic taste only with direct draw. It is better to use the anvil with j-hook or bubbler. Anvil still for me one of the best vaporizer and I use it every day beside the tempest and B1.

AndyO

I've just been through some of the Wand videos but can't find the answer.

What temp are people running it at? And I imagine you're just using a manual fire til click?

AndyO,

electrokho82

Hey everyone, I just had an idea! I’m probably going to order an Integrated Stem for the Anvil and modify it so that it fits the Tornado. My plan is to cut the stem where the red line is on the photo, which should allow the Tornado bowl to fit all the way into the Anvil stem. Are there any experts here who could recommend the best procedure for cutting a material like this? Also, does anyone know exactly what material is used, and any information on the potential costs for this operation would be helpful.
The "integrated Stem" is arriving today, and I found a shop that can cut it for $70 CAD (about $50 USD). It's a bit pricey, but I couldn’t find anything cheaper in my area. I’ll be shortening it by 4mm, which should allow the Tornado head to sit perfectly on the stem, fitting all three seals at once. Hoping to finish this little project before the weekend. I’ll keep you posted and share a video once it’s done!

RedZep

The "integrated Stem" is arriving today, and I found a shop that can cut it for $70 CAD (about $50 USD). It's a bit pricey, but I couldn’t find anything cheaper in my area. I’ll be shortening it by 4mm, which should allow the Tornado head to sit perfectly on the stem, fitting all three seals at once. Hoping to finish this little project before the weekend. I’ll keep you posted and share a video once it’s done!
Makes you wonder why Vestratto didn't do it themselves.

PrematureEvaporation

At least we know it’s as simple as taking the pre existing integrated stem or USA and knocking a few MM off the end. Can’t imagine stem compatibility being too far away.

Still though, why not just make the female connector on the oven longer? Seems so obvious and maintains compatibility with everything.

It has to be a business decision, surely

PrematureEvaporation,

RedZep

At least we know it’s as simple as taking the pre existing integrated stem or USA and knocking a few MM off the end. Can’t imagine stem compatibility being too far away.

Still though, why not just make the female connector on the oven longer? Seems so obvious and maintains compatibility with everything.

It has to be a business decision, surely
Hard to believe it's an oversight. Bit cynical. I don't think it will stop people buying though. He knows he has a strong product I guess.

It's a good job this guy is an amazing engineer, because his customer service skills are brutal :D

RedZep,
  • Haha
Reactions: cx714

eyevape

👀
Look at these beauties 😍 OG Anvil, Thermo Core, Tornado. Loving and frequently using them all day. Give me these + my two bongs and I won’t ask for more. Except for weed maybe.

Even though I’m very excited about the Tornado and its effects, I reach for all of my 3 Vestrattos equally. They just compliment each other so well, no reason to neglect any of them.

PrematureEvaporation

Hard to believe it's an oversight. Bit cynical. I don't think it will stop people buying though. He knows he has a strong product I guess.

It's a good job this guy is an amazing engineer, because his customer service skills are brutal :D
Exactly. Although putting aside the cynicism and giving the benefit of the doubt, you could maybe argue that making it WPA only helps to limit both demand and a fair few testing variables in this beta period of sorts. It’s just frustrating how the compatibility solution is right there in front of us!

@eyevape

Love the collection! I think the tornado looks so good with its fully SS clad construction. I’m glad they went the route of covering the copper fully, those copper fumes/copper oxide nanoparticle debates with the anvil were so tiring and circular

someTooL

Look at these beauties 😍 OG Anvil, Thermo Core, Tornado. Loving and frequently using them all day. Give me these + my two bongs and I won’t ask for more. Except for weed maybe.

Even though I’m very excited about the Tornado and its effects, I reach for all of my 3 Vestrattos equally. They just compliment each other so well, no reason to neglect any of them.

Beauties. Thank you for posting the pics of the different WPAs. Haven’t seen it mentioned but not only is a condenser missing, but the hole bore size is larger with the new WPA. More wide open, bring on the 18mm.

eyevape

👀
Love the collection! I think the tornado looks so good with its fully SS clad construction. I’m glad they went the route of covering the copper fully, those copper fumes/copper oxide nanoparticle debates with the anvil were so tiring and circular
Thanks 😊 Almost 3 years of Vestratto Love. I also like the full SS surface. Luckily I missed out on that nano copper discussion.

Beauties. Thank you for posting the pics of the different WPAs. Haven’t seen it mentioned but not only is a condenser missing, but the hole bore size is larger with the new WPA. More wide open, bring on the 18mm.
You’re welcome 😊 Yes, they opened it up from 4 to 5mm, just measured it out real quick. 18mm should make no difference though.

Finally, I managed to get this done, and now I have a custom stem for the Tornado. Honestly, it fits so perfectly, it feels like this is how the Tornado stem was meant to be from the start. In short, the Tornado head holds just as securely as the Anvil head. I will test it later today...
Great job 👏 So damn excited about your results! I reckon this will turn out great. Meanwhile I go figure out where to buy new Anvil parts, as I’d never kill my stem for whatever reason.

electrokho82

Thanks 😊 Almost 3 years of Vestratto Love. I also like the full SS surface. Luckily I missed out on that nano copper discussion.

You’re welcome 😊 Yes, they opened it up from 4 to 5mm, just measured it out real quick. 18mm should make no difference though.

Great job 👏 So damn excited about your results! I reckon this will turn out great. Meanwhile I go figure out where to buy new Anvil parts, as I’d never kill my stem for whatever reason.
I did buy a second system. I received it today and immediately went to have it cut. So now, I have a system for the Anvil and a second one for the Tornado. I’m not sure if I’m going to buy the second SHIELD and mouthpiece, I’ll think about it.

electrokho82,
Reactions: eyevape

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I did buy a second system. I received it today and immediately went to have it cut. So now, I have a system for the Anvil and a second one for the Tornado. I’m not sure if I’m going to buy the second SHIELD and mouthpiece, I’ll think about it.
I'd recommend a wooden shield from a 3rd party maker. Lots of good options out there. Mouthpiece not so much, vestratto is the only option.

eyevape

👀
@electrokho82 If this works out good and I decide to also build a Tornanvil, I would make myself a complete unit for sure. Heat shield, XL mouthpiece, fuck the costs. These things last forever, so they’ll turn out to be the cheapest devices I’ve ever owned bucks per year wise. Honestly I’d possibly be tempted to even get another Tornado.

Last edited:

someTooL

The weight of the 18 vs 14 WPA and the fact that most of my glass is 18mm is my biggest difference. The 18 also gives a bigger area for run off to accumulate.

Saying all of this, I’m now almost convinced I would rather see a 10mm to use with even smaller pieces. :science:

electrokho82

The old Anvil stem (the one with a part that unscrews to regulate the airflow) also works with the Tornado without modification. I saw a video about it in a French-speaking Facebook group about vaporizers, but it’s very difficult to find. Vestratto doesn't sell them anymore.

Here's the video of my first session, I stopped after the first click:

PrematureEvaporation

I'd recommend a wooden shield from a 3rd party maker. Lots of good options out there. Mouthpiece not so much, vestratto is the only option.
Absolutely a wooden shield. Makes such a difference to the look and feel.

Azzwoodcustoms in the UK makes some beautiful wooden shields and can do a matching sheath for the hot end. Simrell does some good ones too, I got a kingwood one off him - an added bonus is that they fit in the utility case for anvil use.

Top Bottom