Tornado by Vestratto

electrokho82

Here’s the final video from the weekend. I decided to take things up a notch by using the Anvil (0.18g) and the Tornado (0.27g) simultaneously, for a combined total of 0.45g. The video is sped up 2X. Due to age restrictions, you’ll need to view it directly on YouTube:

Knewt

You know they have a hard case right? It's really good!
You know that the head and oven on the Tornado are wider than even the Thermocore? This is also longer than the Anvil with the XL stem. While I can put the Tornado oven first into the Utility tube, it is still much too long. My Thermocore is a tight fit in the extended cap of the Utility tube, Tornado will not fit.

electrokho82

With a stem, the Tornado is too long for it and the head is too wide for the cap.

I agree with @Knewt : if they get to work on a good accessories range, this thing will take off.
That's correct. I tried using my Anvil with the XL mouthpiece and the Tornado head, but it won't fit in the case unless I remove the XL mouthpiece and use the regular one.

As for the Tornado bowl, I don’t understand why Vestratto designed it this way. They could have easily added 5 to 7 millimeters to the cylindrical part at the bottom of the bowl (to recover the 2 joints that are not getting inside), which would have made it fit the Anvil stem perfectly. I assume it's a business decision, and they'll likely release an adapter and sell it for around $50.

electrokho82,

Knewt

I just tried the all original parts V1 Anvil stem (short mouth piece) and with the Tornado oven first it fits the Utility case with the extended cap. I think the balance is off though. The outside magnet on the extended cap works, but the recess for the magnet is 0.05” smaller than the outside diameter of the Tornado bowl, so it doesn’t fit tight but has enough pull to work.

Knewt,

leanpubpackage

I'm shocked how few of you are actually filling the bowl. The large bowl kind of seemed like the whole point. Is everyone just intimidated?
Why do it if a smaller amount works just as well? Lung busting hits are not fun to do consistently, at least for me.

Why are there smaller bowl options for ball vapes when you can easily crush 0.3g with something like a screwball? Not everyone wants or needs a huge hit like that.

Beauty of the tornado design is that you can do both well, in one package.

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: Knewt

Roffa

That's correct. I tried using my Anvil with the XL mouthpiece and the Tornado head, but it won't fit in the case unless I remove the XL mouthpiece and use the regular one.

As for the Tornado bowl, I don’t understand why Vestratto designed it this way. They could have easily added 5 to 7 millimeters to the cylindrical part at the bottom of the bowl (to recover the 2 joints that are not getting inside), which would have made it fit the Anvil stem perfectly. I assume it's a business decision, and they'll likely release an adapter and sell it for around $50.
I'm convinced the lip on the bowl has a function together with the little holes in the device/oven.

Roffa,

AndyO

I just tried the all original parts V1 Anvil stem (short mouth piece) and with the Tornado oven first it fits the Utility case with the extended cap. I think the balance is off though. The outside magnet on the extended cap works, but the recess for the magnet is 0.05” smaller than the outside diameter of the Tornado bowl, so it doesn’t fit tight but has enough pull to work.

The balance is my biggest problem with it on the various stems I've tested. Didn't occur to me that people would be using it on a stem as a daily driver and carrying it around because 1) it kicks my ass way too much to even consider that, and 2) I think the balance is way too "off" to want to use it as a daily driver, especially when the stem-to-head fit isn't perfect.

AndyO,

electrokho82

Hey everyone, I just had an idea! I’m probably going to order an Integrated Stem for the Anvil and modify it so that it fits the Tornado. My plan is to cut the stem where the red line is on the photo, which should allow the Tornado bowl to fit all the way into the Anvil stem. Are there any experts here who could recommend the best procedure for cutting a material like this? Also, does anyone know exactly what material is used, and any information on the potential costs for this operation would be helpful.

Knewt

Hey everyone, I just had an idea! I’m probably going to order an Integrated Stem for the Anvil and modify it so that it fits the Tornado. My plan is to cut the stem where the red line is on the photo, which should allow the Tornado bowl to fit all the way into the Anvil stem. Are there any experts here who could recommend the best procedure for cutting a material like this? Also, does anyone know exactly what material is used, and any information on the potential costs for this operation would be helpful.
If I were doing this I would use a cut-off disc in a Dremel. A small grinding burr in the Dremel could be used to de-burr the internal and external cut edges.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm shocked how few of you are actually filling the bowl. The large bowl kind of seemed like the whole point. Is everyone just intimidated?
its not needed... the damn thing makes the smallest amount of weed feel like a small dab... I have many times filled it up but - when your getting absolutely ripped for 1/3 packed bowls why bother wasting herb.

I am not kidding when I say this thing hits hard, I am very impressed (after 4 days pretty much using it almost exclusively) - its not a great way to "experience the herb" unless your playing under the click; as it destroys the flavour of the herb - but for pure "kicking my ass" - this is currently number one and I don't say that lightly - its beating dabs on the peak pro XL - especially when you throw a tiny bit of Rosin in the Tornado... way less reclaim too.

The balance is my biggest problem with it on the various stems I've tested. Didn't occur to me that people would be using it on a stem as a daily driver and carrying it around because 1) it kicks my ass way too much to even consider that, and 2) I think the balance is way too "off" to want to use it as a daily driver, especially when the stem-to-head fit isn't perfect.
The balance is good on the Anvil stem and even though its not a perfect fit it seals well enough for me

electrokho82

its not needed... the damn thing makes the smallest amount of weed feel like a small dab... I have many times filled it up but - when your getting absolutely ripped for 1/3 packed bowls why bother wasting herb.

I am not kidding when I say this thing hits hard, I am very impressed (after 4 days pretty much using it almost exclusively) - its not a great way to "experience the herb" unless your playing under the click; as it destroys the flavour of the herb - but for pure "kicking my ass" - this is currently number one and I don't say that lightly - its beating dabs on the peak pro XL - especially when you throw a tiny bit of Rosin in the Tornado... way less reclaim too.

The balance is good on the Anvil stem and even though its not a perfect fit it seals well enough for me

The Tornado bowl would fit better if it could be inserted further into the Anvil stem. I’ve ordered a spare integrated stem for the Anvil, which I plan to modify and test with the Tornado head. I’ll share the results once completed. The process should take about two weeks, including the time required to receive the stem and complete the project.

electrokho82,

eyevape

👀
Just received my Tornado 🥳 Man, what’s the deal with this thing? It absorbs heat like crazy. I have a feeling that if I just put it in a sunny spot long enough, it’ll heat up itself 😄

I tried the Wand first, it got hot very fast and gave me a nice one heat extraction at 2nd click, which was surprisingly easy on the throat. Perfect even roast. Then I tried the Ronxs double torch, heating oven and atomizer simultaneously. I combusted hard before any click, and it didn’t take long.

This thing accumulates heat so well, that I have to be very careful testing it out. Right now I’m scared of the torch which I use to blast at least half a minute right on the Anvil’s thermal battery (not the Ronxs though). Doing this with the Tornado would burn everything inside the bowl, at least that’s how I feel about it right now.

The Tornado is much more than just a big Anvil, and it behaves quite differently. It’ll take a while to master, but I can already say for sure that this new love will last. That’s what it has in common with the Anvil, as they’re both very efficient and built to last. But they’re two pretty different devices function wise.

I think it was @Roffa who mentioned that heat lock is no fun with the Tornado. Turns out that even a hot device is enough to instantly lock the bowl by contact. Happened to me twice within 5 minutes actually 😂 It was a pretty tight lock, so I never want to witness a “real” one.

Regarding the discussion of footballs and golfballs: Whatever it is that John has cooked up in his little kitchen, it just works. The inhale is very smooth and the exhale absolutely surprising, as my throat wouldn’t have expected that much vapor. The 2nd surprise follows quick, since it hits way harder than silly throat said it would.

Speaking of hard hits, I’m stoned af and it took me ages to write this 🥴 Hello Tornado, goodbye tolerance.

Last edited:

Oden

So the Tornado is a very good vape and since I now know that it works with the Wand it really interests me.
But it's still a vape to get very high quickly and easily, but not to enjoy the flavors of our weeds by analyzing all these opinions on FC and discord.
This is still a very negative point for me.
This was also why I never bought an Anvil.
Although apparently this tornado is slightly improved on this part

Oden,

Roffa

The Tornado bowl would fit better if it could be inserted further into the Anvil stem. I’ve ordered a spare integrated stem for the Anvil, which I plan to modify and test with the Tornado head. I’ll share the results once completed. The process should take about two weeks, including the time required to receive the stem and complete the project.
Old stem + friction valve fits better, just sayin'. I tried/

So the Tornado is a very good vape and since I now know that it works with the Wand it really interests me.
But it's still a vape to get very high quickly and easily, but not to enjoy the flavors of our weeds by analyzing all these opinions on FC and discord.
Not true. Tornado is very flavourful right up until combustion. You never tried either the Anvil or the Tornado, so I don't know what to tell you

RedZep

It couldn't be my only device, simply because of the conduction leaning nature. But I'm very interested in adding it to the lineup once it is more stem compatible.

Oden

It couldn't be my only device, simply because of the conduction leaning nature. But I'm very interested in adding it to the lineup once it is more stem compatible.
Yes it will make an excellent evening vape.
But not for the day, or enjoying the terps.
Only to experience the joys of powerful effects lol.
Always good to add diversity to your range, and for my part I would like to integrate a conduction-dominant vape into my collection.

RedZep

Yes it will make an excellent evening vape.
But not for the day, or enjoying the terps.
Only to experience the joys of powerful effects lol.
Always good to add diversity to your range, and for my part I would like to integrate a conduction-dominant vape into my collection.
I think certain kinds of medical users love the Anvil and use it all day, and nothing else. I didn't like the signature for daytime use personally. As you said though, it had a nice stoney edge to it for evening use.

Top Bottom