Tornado by Vestratto

RedZep

So far, I’ve only used it in 'One Hit' mode, and it works really well that way—I’d even say it excels. The vapor is so smooth that I have no trouble inhaling everything in one go, it’s fantastic! Honestly, I don’t even feel the need to use it for a multi-puff session, but I’ll probably give that a try later on.
You are inhaling the full 0.25g bowl in one lungful? Are you a big guy? I feel like I would struggle.

RedZep,

Roffa

How the actual fuck? That’s truly amazing. And look at that AVB, seems perfectly roasted. I want to know so hard how this can be true, since the Tornado has even more thermal mass than the Anvil. Maybe it uses the induction power more efficient as it’s quite big, getting closer to the Wand sidewalls?
It's more magnetic, I think, apart from the mass. I use both torch and Wand. Both work great. I love how you can take it right to the edge and it will still have terp flavoured vapor. It's great at micro dosing.

leanpubpackage

It's more magnetic, I think, apart from the mass. I use both torch and Wand. Both work great. I love how you can take it right to the edge and it will still have terp flavoured vapor. It's great at micro dosing.
There seems to also be less SS mass and more copper surface area compared to the anvil. I feel this is what's helping with the fast induction. the wand did not work well with the anvil from my experience

You are inhaling the full 0.25g bowl in one lungful? Are you a big guy? I feel like I would struggle.
you don't need to load a full bowl for it to work well... i've found success with as little as a pinch of flower

the vapor is for sure smoother. I had some friends over last night, some with baby lungs, and they all were surprised by the amount of vapor they exhaled. coughing ensued, but not because of harshness, but because of volume of vapor

Roffa

If you have an old stem and that airflow valve thing, plus a heat resistant "top of the condenser" gasket you can totally fit the Tornado to an Anvil stem. The XL Mouthpiece works best. You need to screw in the airflow valve all the way into the stem, then mount the extra gasket at the top of the stem, then force the Tornado over it. May take a couple of times, but I got it to stick.

electrokho82

The biggest bowl I've tried so far is 0.21 grams, and was able to clear it in one hit. But I am an ex-hardcore smoker (I don't even use water in my bong and yes, I am a big guy, 6ft3 for 205 lbs / 1m92 for 93 kg ). What's certain, though, is that it's much smoother than the Anvil.

If you have an old stem and that airflow valve thing, plus a heat resistant "top of the condenser" gasket you can totally fit the Tornado to an Anvil stem. The XL Mouthpiece works best. You need to screw in the airflow valve all the way into the stem, then mount the extra gasket at the top of the stem, then force the Tornado over it. May take a couple of times, but I got it to stick.
Can you share a picture please?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
First time trying this I held both in hand and set to 800 on fresh batteries. That was too long and I combusted. This is the second try so not totally cold bowl but as you can see I pick it up easily and now we have to figure out a cozy insert maybe glass? That plops in the opposite side to hold this in while heating at the right depth. Holy shit man the wand smacks it though!:nod::tup:

Roffa

Can you share a picture please?
Here's the Torkenvil:

Torkenvil.jpg

hotmeals

Serial vapist
This is one of the most amazing things about this one. The bowl goes down so easily. It feels like it's even faster and easier than an Anvil 0.1 bowl. I'm not a particularly large person and I take a full Tornado bowl through a j hook in one hit with no problem. I am someone who usually takes bigger hits and finds cooling less necessary than many people, but the Tornado is noticeably smooth, at any bowl size.

harmando

First time trying this I held both in hand and set to 800 on fresh batteries. That was too long and I combusted. This is the second try so not totally cold bowl but as you can see I pick it up easily and now we have to figure out a cozy insert maybe glass? That plops in the opposite side to hold this in while heating at the right depth. Holy shit man the wand smacks it though!:nod::tup:
Nice, now I’m def interested in a tornado because I have a wand, didn’t want to shell out extra for the forge. I used to use a silicone container that dabs used to come in my wand as a makeshift dynavap adapter. It should fit. Might work in this case

RedZep

This is one of the most amazing things about this one. The bowl goes down so easily. It feels like it's even faster and easier than an Anvil 0.1 bowl. I'm not a particularly large person and I take a full Tornado bowl through a j hook in one hit with no problem. I am someone who usually takes bigger hits and finds cooling less necessary than many people, but the Tornado is noticeably smooth, at any bowl size.
Oh that's really interesting

someTooL

Charging my Wand batteries now.

I am beyond disappointed not to be able to continue to safely use my forge. Cascade mode was simply (and simple) amazing.

Yes, I can use a torch but just not getting the results that the forge combo brought. Inductor use has resulted in many combustions, even at lowest settings.

I’m hoping for a positive update from the “engineers” early this week.

electrokho82

Charging my Wand batteries now.

I am beyond disappointed not to be able to continue to safely use my forge. Cascade mode was simply (and simple) amazing.

Yes, I can use a torch but just not getting the results that the forge combo brought. Inductor use has resulted in many combustions, even at lowest settings.

I’m hoping for a positive update from the “engineers” early this week.
Can you let us how the Wand compares to the Forge? How long for first and second clic?

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Can you let us how the Wand compares to the Forge? How long for first and second clic?
My Forge at 3250 @ 100% was taking the tornado to max roast in 10 seconds. you don't worry about the click with the forge. I miss it greatly, and hope the engineers have some news soon.

I was also on track to get the same amount of bowls off the 6ah battery, 50~.

Time to test out the wand in the meantime I guess!

harmando

Nice, now I’m def interested in a tornado because I have a wand, didn’t want to shell out extra for the forge. I used to use a silicone container that dabs used to come in my wand as a makeshift dynavap adapter. It should fit. Might work in this case
Or a cork cut to size

harmando,

bridgesoid

Or a cork cut to size
If any members are able to find the time in the coming days or weeks to establish whether cork or another relatively simple DIY solution works to prevent potentially bricking the wand and enhancing ease of use I would be extremely curious to know if you have any success. I would be really grateful if anybody would be willing to post their experiences with this, however long it might take you :bowdown:

I've been vaping for 20 years now and my portable DHV use has become extremely torch-centric. I strongly prefer 1 hit extraction with the more terpy goodness remaining in a 1 hit snap as possible (exceptions being vapman and vaponic use but they are more for accurately evaluating terpene profiles or use of Frenchys materials)... e.g. 1 hit snap from a Tinymight (fine for temp stepping people) just doesn't taste nice enough or have the smooth mouthfeel of deft use of a torch with certain portables.

But a 20-40 second induction heat up time for flavourful 1 hit snaps has me very, very intrigued. Could be a game-changer in so many ways. It is very exciting to see a genuine leap forward (18 bowls from 2 18650s!) in the mobile electric game. Electrokho82 as well as all the other contributors, thank you so much for taking the time to share your findings here, this is what its all about 🏆

I also had one other question.. Lee (Tabletop Bong) uses a YLL 2.0 here
to heat up an Anvil. Are there any members here that have a YLL 2.0 and Tornado that might be willing to see if the Tornado fits in the heater in the first place and then see what sort of results they get? (if it even fits inside in the first place lol). In the link above Lee states "the heater has a lot more power coming out of it than the wand does".. I doubt I'm going to see a Tornado heated faster than 21 seconds by this thing (if it fits) but inquiring minds really want to know.. and it'd be even better not having to hold the Tornado while its heating up.

Thank you in advance for any posts or contributions pertaining to these questions you bunch of legends. Have an awesome day and a fantastic night 🌠

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I really appreciate it. I expected it to have a lot of conduction. But it's nice to have thay confirmed. It will be a an evening/night time vape only for me personally.

I thought of a better test, I took some rayon and put it into the chamber, heated it with a torch to the first click and then I removed the bowl to see the change to the rayon. I am pretty sure I took it out almost straight away - I had to pick it up, undo it and then take a photo so it was about 15s total before the photo was taken but the herb chamber was sitting out in the silicone tub.

Are people finding they have to rush when trying to finish in one heat cycle? Because it's a big bowl. Does it seem like the heat cycle gives plenty of time?
No rush but I wonder how much the conduction will effect the herbs when I sit back and try and use it slowly.

I have been heating it to just before the first click, having a few draws and then heat it until the second click and finish the bowl. I like doing that when I am using it on a stem but on the WPA its 2 breaths to finish the bowl (half packed) and the vapour runs out - mainly because the extraction is pretty complete - even rosin disappears.

I have no idea how, but it works! This thing heats up in the wand after just 21 seconds.
Do you find you get the same level of extraction? I know my wand is faulty but I always end up adding heat after I use the wand.

What happened to your nails my guy 😂
I was playing with chemicals to much and half of it fell of and I am too lazy to do it again just for the video :) later tonight maybe

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep
Top Bottom