Tornado by Vestratto

electrokho82

I received my Tornado today ans I completed a first test with the Tornado compared to the Anvil, using the same amount of herb (0.21 g per bowl). I used an XL bowl for the Anvil and heated it up to the second click. The Tornado is smoother and more pleasant to inhale, with a more pronounced flavor. In terms of cloud production and bowl heating, both vaporizers are similar. As for the effects, I haven't been able to fully evaluate them yet because I used a CBD strain that doesn’t have much effect on me (will try THC strain tonight).
Here's the YouTube video on my channel:
I decided not to show the AVB (Already Vaped Bud) in the video, but I'll post a picture in this link: Unfortunately, I had to wait for the Tornado to cool down because the bowl got stuck. I didn’t follow the instructions correctly and tightened the bowl too much. When heated, it expanded, making it impossible to open. So, I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could open it. The AVB was identical in both tests. I went up to the second click, which resulted in a very dark brown color.

Edit: Here’s a small improvement idea for the Tornado: add a small piece of metal to the cap (at the base of the bowl) to prevent it from closing completely. This would eliminate the issue of the cap getting stuck when it expands at high temperatures, and you wouldn’t have to remember not to tighten the cap before heating the Tornado anymore.

Last edited:

Texus

I received my Tornado today ans I completed a first test with the Tornado compared to the Anvil, using the same amount of herb (0.21 g per bowl). I used an XL bowl for the Anvil and heated it up to the second click. The Tornado is smoother and more pleasant to inhale, with a more pronounced flavor. In terms of cloud production and bowl heating, both vaporizers are similar. As for the effects, I haven't been able to fully evaluate them yet because I used a CBD strain that doesn’t have much effect on me (will try THC strain tonight).
Here's the YouTube video on my channel:
I decided not to show the AVB (Already Vaped Bud) in the video, but I'll post a picture in this link: Unfortunately, I had to wait for the Tornado to cool down because the bowl got stuck. I didn’t follow the instructions correctly and tightened the bowl too much. When heated, it expanded, making it impossible to open. So, I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could open it. The AVB was identical in both tests. I went up to the second click, which resulted in a very dark brown color.

Edit: Here’s a small improvement idea for the Tornado: add a small piece of metal to the cap (at the base of the bowl) to prevent it from closing completely. This would eliminate the issue of the cap getting stuck when it expands at high temperatures, and you wouldn’t have to remember not to tighten the cap before heating the Tornado anymore.
That side by side is great. Tornado vapor looks milkier here.

electrokho82

I finally have the answer regarding the effects of the Tornado, and yes, it's really more powerful than the Anvil! just made a video, and l'm still struggling to organize my thoughts to write this post. But hey, it might be a placebo effect. I've heard so much about it that the effects seem more powerful to me. In any case, for now, it seems more efficient than the Anvil. Give me a few more days to confirm that! In this video, I'm testing the Tornado with the lspire Wand.I heat it for 21 seconds to reach the first click, and the second click comes at 22 seconds. The Anvil, on the other hand, takes 47 seconds for the first click and 53 seconds for the second. The vapor from the Tornado is exceptionally smooth, and this machine is simply incredible. The video is in French, but you don't really need to understand it-you can just watch it. I let you judge for yourselves in the video!

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

I'm having a great evening with my Tornado, Jerry, and Troy. I managed to make my Tornado a bit more portable with the help of a J-Hook, and it's working great! :
Really appreciate your feedback along with the excellent videos. It great to see the magnet on the case used. I have been a magnet user since day one and also use them on my DV's.
Keep us informed.
Mine is due tomorrow!

PrematureEvaporation

I finally have the answer regarding the effects of the Tornado, and yes, it's really more powerful than the Anvil! just made a video, and l'm still struggling to organize my thoughts to write this post. But hey, it might be a placebo effect. I've heard so much about it that the effects seem more powerful to me. In any case, for now, it seems more efficient than the Anvil. Give me a few more days to confirm that! In this video, I'm testing the Tornado with the lspire Wand.I heat it for 21 seconds to reach the first click, and the second click comes at 22 seconds. The Anvil, on the other hand, takes 47 seconds for the first click and 53 seconds for the second. The vapor from the Tornado is exceptionally smooth, and this machine is simply incredible. The video is in French, but you don't really need to understand it-you can just watch it. I let you judge for yourselves in the video!
That is crazy how well it works with the wand compared to prior models. I know the thermocore was already a lot better than the dura/coppercore with the wand, but this seems to blow all of them out of the water in terms of heating time and results.

Really seems like you could daily drive the tornado with the wand and not be needing a more powerful IH. Thanks for the in depth vids, I really appreciate you comparing it with the anvil using the same amounts in the bowls

Last edited:

AndyO

Shit. Might've just sold me on the Wand I think.

I was already investigating one for my Tempest, I didn't even consider that it might work with the Tornado!

Garybuchanen

Thought the main appeal was the sublimation functionality; which really seems to be a misnomer...
Yeah can we stop using this word there’s never been a true sublimation vape ever as far as I know especially not the namesake lol it’s all marketing.

Garybuchanen,

leanpubpackage

had a few bowls with the tornado and still dialing in my flame size and where I torch.

As everyone says, the vapor is quite smooth, but I don’t notice a difference in the potency of the vapor. The effects feel just like any other hybrid vape, using the same amount of herb…at least to me.

Surprisingly, the flavor is better than that of the anvil.

Airflow is tighter than expected, and it’s due to, what I presume the pinch point needed for the atomizer to work

Smknbud

Seems to me your heating the clickers and the upper bowl in the Wand which is not what you want to do.

PrematureEvaporation

The AVB suggests otherwise.
Exactly what I was about to comment and you beat me to it. Wouldn’t want to go any darker than that, it’s my ideal roast. They got excellent vapour production too.

To do that in under 30 seconds with the wand (widely available here in the UK, and relatively affordable too) is to me the single most impressive thing about the tornado thus far.

electrokho82

I am in love with this Tornado! I'm on my 7th bowl, and the only downside I’ve found is that the cap gets stuck when it heats up and is tightened too much. I often forget to leave it slightly loose, as Vestratto recommends, but I guess it’s just a matter of getting used to it. In the worst case, I wait for it to cool down, and it opens again without any issue.

It tells me he cooked the weed in the bowl and heated the clickers......if it takes 45 seconds with a torch to heat properly I can assure you the Wand can't do it in half the time.
I can get a lighter AVB if I keep only half of the head in the Wand, but I prefer it when it's dark brown. I disagree with your theory because the taste and the final result are the same as when using a flame, and by the way, it doesn't take that long with a flame—it clicks within 25 seconds with my triple flame.

Comfortably Numb

I have a wand next to me on my left and torches on my right where I normally vape from. I never even consider using the wand when using the Anvil. I use the wand for DV's. I even picked up a second wand for a backup as it's easy to find a good price for them
You can use the Thermocore with the wand and it may satisfy some folks but a torch is faster and easier for me.

AndyO

It tells me he cooked the weed in the bowl and heated the clickers......if it takes 45 seconds with a torch to heat properly I can assure you the Wand can't do it in half the time.

You need a better torch.

And to be less of a conspiracy theorist.

Dont' think this thing can increase potency. It should be more efficient if it is doing what Vestratto says it is doing.

Maybe SWG is correct....it's just a big ole anvil

I'll try and get around to filming a couple of quick videos in the next few days.

I can't describe what's going on very accurately, but you'll see a difference immediately. It's much, much more than just a bit Anvil.

PrematureEvaporation

I have a wand next to me on my left and torches on my right where I normally vape from. I never even consider using the wand when using the Anvil. I use the wand for DV's. I even picked up a second wand for a backup as it's easy to find a good price for them
You can use the Thermocore with the wand and it may satisfy some folks but a torch is faster and easier for me.
Yeah I never used mine with the anvil. The thermocore made it a workable solution but still not an ideal one for my tastes. Always torched every anvil oven I had, and I’ve had them all.

This tornado is different though, the way it seems to work with the wand is pretty impressive. Under 30 seconds for an RTL heatup is more than enough for me, that was about the same amount of time I torch the anvil to RTL levels. If it does that consistently then I am no longer interested in the forge or flare

@electrokho82 thanks man I look forward to seeing the results of your testing :)

eyevape

👀
Under 30 seconds for an RTL heatup is more than enough for me, that was about the same amount of time I torch the anvil to RTL levels. If it does that consistently then I am no longer interested in the forge or flare
Same. I don’t need the convenience of an IH, only reason for considering would be a better extraction / repeatability due to a different heat up. I’m very happy to hear that the Tornado doesn’t need that, as I like torching.

Texus

I should note my one minor critique - and it is minor, cos at least 80% of my Anvil use has been through a bong, I don't imagine this being different - but the Tornado is so close to being modular with either the native Anvil stem or the adapter part of the USA (as opposed to the condenser part.)

It's so damn close, it feels like it should've been a consideration, and the minor adjustments should've been made.
Totally agree here. Tornado part that connects with WPA just needs to be a couple. Millimeters longer to pair perfectly with Anvil stem. But does cover 2 of 3 o rings, so still fairly stable on Anvil stem. Just a head scratcher of an engineering choice.

AndyO

Totally agree here. Tornado part that connects with WPA just needs to be a couple. Millimeters longer to pair perfectly with Anvil stem. But does cover 2 of 3 o rings, so still fairly stable on Anvil stem. Just a head scratcher of an engineering choice.

I know they're pretty much the same size, so it shouldn't matter - but the USA seems to fit it just a little better. The "tube" where the o-rings are sitting on the USA is a touch shorter than the the bit of the Anvil stem where the o-rings are, so it feels a little bit more stable to me.

It feels like, using the USA adapter, you could find an o-ring to sit between the "top" 2 o-rings (the 2 that the Tornado covers) to make it really stable. I have a shit ton of different sized o-rings lying around, so it's something I'm hoping to experiment with in the next few days.

The trade off seems to be balance. On the Anvil stem with an XL mouthpiece, it feels like a pretty nice balance, and they marry up pretty well. But replicating my preferred Anvil method of a USA onto a Revolve stem? The balance is whack, it just doesn't feel like something you'd ever get really comfortable using. And that's even factoring in my preference for the Revolve air flow options.

Same. I don’t need the convenience of an IH, only reason for considering would be a better extraction / repeatability due to a different heat up. I’m very happy to hear that the Tornado doesn’t need that, as I like torching.

I'm a bit the same, I don't need an IH, I've never even particularly loved using them. But if the Tempest and the Tornado are both going to function well with it, then I want the option, because I love being able to experiment with different ways of using my devices.

I'm interested to see more testing with the Wand.

I don't know what old mate is using that it takes 45 seconds to click, it must be a bic lighter. I just timed my Ronxs torch with a pretty small, single flame - so the slowest possible way I can heat it with this torch - and it's 23 seconds to the first click. So pretty much half the 45 seconds claimed.

I have suspicions as to who is more likely to be posting falsehoods/embellishments in the thread...

Top Bottom