Tornado by Vestratto

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Unsubstantiated claims are disagreed upon by more unsubstantiated claims, sounds like a fun feedback loop to me :D Vestratto knows how to rile up other manufacturers thats for sure!

All I know is my Tornado has my anvil collecting dust, and my anvil had all other vapes I own collecting dust. Looking forward to more feedback from users in good faith, about experience and not semantics.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I disagree, I don’t see how such an unstable situation can be managed in a way that it makes a meaningful difference in terms of smaller particle numbers available whilst also being at a manageable temperature to breathe in. I really do think the resulting vapour from a theoretically successful “gasification” will simply be too hot to inhale comfortably. Then by the time it’s cooled enough I just don’t see there being much of a difference in available small particles compared to the “standard” vapour before the process started.
Based on what?
I think ultimately we will just need to agree to disagree
I don't even fully disagree with you, I just think your stance is very strong for someone who admittedly has little knowledge about the topic. Make a new thread if you'd like, I'll be there. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with discussing the Tornado here in the Tornado thread.

Edit: forgot to quote and respond to this:
He went quiet as he never really mentioned it again after the initial claim.
I think I remember him mentioning it a few times, he definitely mentioned it during the Forge prototype stage, and he is mentioning it again now with the Tornado.

PrematureEvaporation

@hotmeals Agree to partially disagree then ;)

On another topic, I’ve noticed the majority of you with tornadoes seem to be barely using or not using your anvils at all.

Seeing as it’s said the vape signature is different between them, do any of you see a future where both of them have a role in the lineup or is the tornado really that much of a straight upgrade?

And for those of you with a bit more experience, can you describe the difference in signature between the two for those of us jealousy looking on?

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
My experience with the Tornado-

Noticeably more smooth, with the same or more herb than the anvil. Hitting this thing native on a j hook is no issue and I really am coughing less with less throat irritation. This is the best improvement IMO, it feels like hitting an entire venty bowl at once with a similar level of smoothness..

Noticeably more efficient, this part is highly subjective, however; using the same amount of herb in an Anvil vs a Tornado i notice that it produces a noticeably more full hit, you can feel it in the composition of the vapor and the effects afterwards. Obviously with the MAX bowl packed fully, the effects are more akin to a fully packed flowerpot. Like... whenever I used to throw 0.3g in a shovelhead and rip it at 630.

The Forge is for convenience, it heats the tornado to perfection in 10 seconds, however I can replicate the hits with 50 seconds of torching.

Finally, this feels like a natural evolution of the anvil. It is beautifully machined and you can see how nicely they were able to bond the copper core to the stainless steel at the bottom of the "atomizer"

IMO, well worth 200$ and a very worthy addition to anyone's collection. For medical users without dexterity issues I can't think of a more effective device, especially with the 10 second heat ups with the forge.

I will follow up after a few more weeks of usage, but first impressions are very strong.

PrematureEvaporation

My experience with the Tornado-

Noticeably more smooth, with the same or more herb than the anvil. Hitting this thing native on a j hook is no issue and I really am coughing less with less throat irritation. This is the best improvement IMO, it feels like hitting an entire venty bowl at once with a similar level of smoothness..

Noticeably more efficient, this part is highly subjective, however; using the same amount of herb in an Anvil vs a Tornado i notice that it produces a noticeably more full hit, you can feel it in the composition of the vapor and the effects afterwards. Obviously with the MAX bowl packed fully, the effects are more akin to a fully packed flowerpot. Like... whenever I used to throw 0.3g in a shovelhead and rip it at 630.

The Forge is for convenience, it heats the tornado to perfection in 10 seconds, however I can replicate the hits with 50 seconds of torching.

Finally, this feels like a natural evolution of the anvil. It is beautifully machined and you can see how nicely they were able to bond the copper core to the stainless steel at the bottom of the "atomizer"

IMO, well worth 200$ and a very worthy addition to anyone's collection. For medical users without dexterity issues I can't think of a more effective device, especially with the 10 second heat ups with the forge.

I will follow up after a few more weeks of usage, but first impressions are very strong.
Thank you for writing this up. I’ve said it to a few people doing these long form Tornado impressions but I really do enjoy reading them

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Thank you for writing this up. I’ve said it to a few people doing these long form Tornado impressions but I really do enjoy reading them
No worries mate, to answer your other signature question, it feels/tastes more convection leaning than the anvil, but there is still that sedative conduction hybrid effect. Definitely different from the anvil, but better for me in the sense that I don't miss the anvil.

Also, cleaning is an absolute BREEZE. It's literally 2 parts now, The Tornado and the WPA, no more condenser [which IMO was the most annoying part] means this thing can be hit with iso and hot water and you're off to the races QUICK. The bowl doesn't seem to get dirty whatsoever.

Definitely glad more of these are heading out of the vestratto factory in 🇨🇦 , the world deserves this vape.

Edit: before I received an email from vestratto to halt forge/tornado usage for now, I was on track to get a similar 50 bowls per battery using the 6ah.

Last edited:

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I’ve been enjoying my testing so far. I agree with others that it hits a bit smoother than the Anvil. I want to say the signatures are similar but I honestly touched the Anvil since I got it.

I was bummed about the Forge issues but the inductor has been working great. I’ve settled at 25.4 for about 15 seconds from cold. I heat right in the part with the writing and spin while I heat.

SillyNotMe

My Anvil is my edc. I don’t have a grinder. I have been chopping my flowers with scissors to load the Tornado’s giant bowl. That’s not convenient or quick. During the day I need convenient and quick. The Tornado’s bowl is an XL style. That affects the vapour signature. I don’t use the XL bowl in my Anvil so I cannot make a fair comparison. I prefer the hits and effects from the Tornado. The vapour is smoother. The effects are the same, just turned up to 11. I mean that in the unironic Spinal Tap way. It’s not a giant leap in consumption the way the Anvil was to me. It is just better different. Given enough time, I’ll figure out an edc routine for the Tornado and the Anvil will be waiting to be used during cleaning. JOKES. The Tornado oven is clean. Like clean clean. I don’t think I will ever need to deep clean it. Maybe a swab with some ethanol to get the reclaim out of the stem connection. There’s no where for this device to really get dirty unless you combust. No condenser to clog up.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Technically, the Tornado doesn't adapt well to the integrated stem or the usa kit, as it doesn't plug in completely.
Nevertheless, it is possible to do so to test native use, which is quite respectable with this Tornado, although extraction is more powerful than that of the Anvil.
This may simply be due to the fact that there's more material to extract, or to the design of the vaporizer, which must have been given a modicum of thought, whatever some people say here...
I don't know enough about particle bursting to judge, but what I do feel is the quality of the extraction, both in terms of homogeneity, flavor reproduction and vapor density.

In any case, native use is pleasant, as is the use of the torch (between 30 and 50 sec of heating, depending on the flame used).
I haven't yet tried to heat the Vestratto logo much, or to preheat this part, which could be an avenue for experimentation.
IMG-20240917-104031.jpg

PrematureEvaporation

Just a thought.

The heating down the line keeps the vapor from dropping out. If everything is warm, it won't condensate on anything. You get it all.

David
I like this, makes a lot of sense to me. You’d obviously still get some condensation in the stem or glass piece but it wouldn’t happen as early in the vapour path, so it’s likely you’d be getting more actives by the time it hits your lungs relative to the anvil.

You make a very good point IMO

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I ordered my Tornado yesterday. Do you have an idea of the shipping date?
Website says Late September / Early October 2024, hopefully that is correct.

For reference 420 buyers were told May 2024 and ours are just landing this week. But they explained it as machinist taking summer vacation, so hopefully production ramps up now that fall has arrived.

Learner

If it requires lung power to provide at least enough pressure to break up some particles I would think it would be hard to duplicate that on a stem

Big difference sucking down a hit thru a glass piece pressure wise.
Yes. Definitely! I know people have their own preferred WPAs they love. Bummer the USA doesn't work perfectly with it.

I'm sure the Vestratto WPA is perfectly fine. If the Tornado had a 18mm option on the site yesterday I probably would have brought it. Lol.

Learner,

hoyo77

Finally able to order one. i hope they come up with some acceptable stems for the tornado, not really into glass but i do have one that i can use with the tornado till someone comes up with an appropriate stem.

hoyo77,
Top Bottom