Tornado by Vestratto

PrematureEvaporation

Another use case for the IH, is outdoor use. Here in England it’s coming up for the time of year where it’s windy nearly every day. The IH is king on these days. It’s also nice when I’ve had a drink and can’t torch or the times I just don’t want to, like relaxing watching a film or whatever. It’s a bit less obvious than a torch in illegal countries, too.

One thing that seems to be apparent from a lot of these owner comments is that the Tornado is somehow less thermally hungry than the Anvil. Some seriously quick heatups with flame sizes and heat sources that the Anvil wouldn’t have given anywhere near best performance with. IMO that is an impressive feat of engineering by John

Roffa

I had some Vestratto odds and ends lying about, like the first user stem and that screw in/friction connector that everyone hated so much. The Tornado sort of fits. A little bit wobbly but secure enough. Very satisfactory. I fit it with the XL mouthpiece with a cooling spiral. Very blunt like effect if I heat uniformly along the entire length of the device.

anome

Yeah can we stop using this word there’s never been a true sublimation vape
Not my word, and I see now the terminology on their website is atomizer. Don't really care if marketing calls is sublimation, atomiser, or this rather even more mystifying gasifier as read here; pretty sure the vape is already that. But, the only real point is, without pressure, the physics are against you.

eyevape

👀
Another use case for the IH, is outdoor use. Here in England it’s coming up for the time of year where it’s windy nearly every day. The IH is king on these days. It’s also nice when I’ve had a drink and can’t torch or the times I just don’t want to, like relaxing watching a film or whatever.
I agree in theory. But in practice I choose TM2 or Venty for adverse weather conditions, and for the relaxing situation it’s Tempest + Wand or Venty.

I much rather stick with my perfect heating method and change the device if required, than changing the heating method. I always have two devices with me, Anvil and TM2 or Venty. So I’m ready for any condition.

PrematureEvaporation

I agree in theory. But in practice I choose TM2 or Venty for adverse weather conditions, and for the relaxing situation it’s Tempest + Wand or Venty.

I much rather stick with my perfect heating method and change the device if required, than changing the heating method. I always have two devices with me, Anvil and TM2 or Venty. So I’m ready for any condition.
Yeah I totally get that. I have a Solo 3 myself for the same purpose - it’s the closest thing to an electric Anvil out there IMO. That’s why I’m not sweating about the coming windy winter, well that and the cold ;)

It’s certainly a personal preference thing. I was happy using a single DV for years and just swapping torch and IH as the situation demanded. I had them both dialled in to the point the hit was the same, which was all that mattered to me. I just outgrew it and wanted better effects and flavour really. I feel like that’s something I could maybe entertain again but with the Tornado and wand/torch this time. I won’t know if that’s right for me until I use the Tornado for a while though

RedZep

I should note my one minor critique - and it is minor, cos at least 80% of my Anvil use has been through a bong, I don't imagine this being different - but the Tornado is so close to being modular with either the native Anvil stem or the adapter part of the USA (as opposed to the condenser part.)

It's so damn close, it feels like it should've been a consideration, and the minor adjustments should've been made.
That's what's stopping me from jumping in yet. I want to be able to put this on the Tempest stem.

Smknbud

I can get a lighter AVB if I keep only half of the head in the Wand, but I prefer it when it's dark brown. I disagree with your theory because the taste and the final result are the same as when using a flame, and by the way, it doesn't take that long with a flame—it clicks within 25 seconds with my triple flame.
Never thought to use my Wand with the Tornado having a Forge and Flare. Tried today......and owe you an apology. I inserted opposite side of Wand as you did in video, mostly out of habit, but I got the same AVB that it was taking the Flare 60 seconds at max watts in less than half that time. Total opposite experience of heating my Anvil in Wand.

RedZep

I would like to see someone heat up to the click, then remove the bowl to see how much the conduction is cooking the weed off during heat up.

RedZep,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@AndyO I was just playing with the wand I have and it works; so as frustrated as I am that I can't use the forge at least my faulty wand works. That being said I will keep using my torch as I prefer it and it might be my faulty wand but I had to go a few seconds past the click to get the same sort of extraction I am used to with the torch.

I would like to see someone heat up to the click, then remove the bowl to see how much the conduction is cooking the weed off during heat up.
Here is a quick example of what you where asking for (but using the wand) It was wafting up vapour towards my face when I opened the bowl up, the herb is clumpy and when you touch it its all hard/dry but stuck together into clumps - so while the colour isn't significantly different you can feel and smell the difference.

EDIT: I did it again with a torch and it was much further along (more brown & more obviously started to be acted upon by the conduction - will video when I have time

Never thought to use my Wand with the Tornado having a Forge and Flare. Tried today......and owe you an apology. I inserted opposite side of Wand as you did in video, mostly out of habit, but I got the same AVB that it was taking the Flare 60 seconds at max watts in less than half that time. Total opposite experience of heating my Anvil in Wand.
When AndyO asked me to confirm if the wand works I didn't believe him and the first 3 times it came up with an "Error 0"... until I turned it upside down... anyway even my faulty wand works and its really quick - that being said I am not sure it is completely heated in the same way as using a torch so I find myself torch on the atomizer though afterwards to finish the job.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I was using XL mouthpiece, which does feel nicely balanced.
I'm just amazed at how clean the stem stays

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

I am at bowl number 8 and still have batteries... Will continue....

Thanks for the update, 8 is already more than I thought. I’m interested how many more it’ll give you before it runs out.

I think your posts have totally killed my curiosity in the forge and flare, I’ll definitely just use the wand like you are doing. The amount of bowls you have got so far is plenty for my needs, let alone how many more you’ll get yet!

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I put some of my better weed in the Tornado and it took me to Terp Town. I think I would say now that I'm getting a bit of a "cleaner" flavor than the Anvil. It's been working very well with any load size. I'm still hesitant to describe the effects as "stronger", but the signature does feel unique for me. It gets in deep, sticks around, and I don't feel as much of a crash as I sometimes can when the effects are wearing off.

RedZep

@AndyO I was just playing with the wand I have and it works; so as frustrated as I am that I can't use the forge at least my faulty wand works. That being said I will keep using my torch as I prefer it and it might be my faulty wand but I had to go a few seconds past the click to get the same sort of extraction I am used to with the torch.

Here is a quick example of what you where asking for (but using the wand) It was wafting up vapour towards my face when I opened the bowl up, the herb is clumpy and when you touch it its all hard/dry but stuck together into clumps - so while the colour isn't significantly different you can feel and smell the difference.

EDIT: I did it again with a torch and it was much further along (more brown & more obviously started to be acted upon by the conduction - will video when I have time

When AndyO asked me to confirm if the wand works I didn't believe him and the first 3 times it came up with an "Error 0"... until I turned it upside down... anyway even my faulty wand works and its really quick - that being said I am not sure it is completely heated in the same way as using a torch so I find myself torch on the atomizer though afterwards to finish the job.

I really appreciate it. I expected it to have a lot of conduction. But it's nice to have thay confirmed. It will be a an evening/night time vape only for me personally.

electrokho82

I have some great news (I’m surprised myself!): I managed to get a total of 18 bowls (between 0.1 and 0.2 grams per bowl) out of the Ispire Wand and the Tornado before the batteries died. That’s amazing! I’m no longer interested in the Forge or Camouflet’s induction heater, a simple Ispire Wand is enough. For the first session, it takes 21 seconds for the first click and 22 seconds for the second clic. For the 18th session, it took 28 seconds for the first click and 31 seconds for the second click. Here’s the video of the 18 bowls, sped up 10 times:

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

I have some great news (I’m surprised myself!): I managed to get a total of 18 bowls (between 0.1 and 0.2 grams per bowl) out of the Ispire Wand and the Tornado before the batteries died. That’s amazing! I’m no longer interested in the Forge or Camouflet’s induction heater, a simple Ispire Wand is enough. For the first session, it takes 21 seconds for the first click and 22 seconds for the second clic. For the 18th session, it took 28 seconds for the first click and 31 seconds for the second click. Here’s the video of the 18 bowls, sped up 10 times:
18 bowls?! That is utterly ridiculous from a supposed “last gen” IH. Thank you so much for doing this. I’m fully sold on the Tornado and wand combo after watching the video. Perfect roast every time too - no worries about losing heating power as the battery drains.

Big achievement from John. I love how the two most hyped butane pen vapes this year both work great with the wand

Garybuchanen

What happened to your nails my guy 😂

PrematureEvaporation

What happened to your nails my guy 😂
Dont Be Upset Tim Curry GIF

eyevape

👀
How the actual fuck? That’s truly amazing. And look at that AVB, seems perfectly roasted. I want to know so hard how this can be true, since the Tornado has even more thermal mass than the Anvil. Maybe it uses the induction power more efficient as it’s quite big, getting closer to the Wand sidewalls?

Last edited:

electrokho82

How the actual fuck? That’s truly amazing. I want to know so hard how this can be true, since the Tornado has even more thermal mass than the Anvil. Maybe it uses the induction power more efficient as it’s quite big, getting closer to the Wand sidewalls?
I have no idea how, but it works! This thing heats up in the wand after just 21 seconds. I would have expected it to take at least twice as long as the Anvil, but it's actually the opposite—it takes half the time to click. It's almost like Vestratto designed the Tornado to boost Forge sales, but in the end, they'll end up driving Ispire Wand sales instead! That said, the Anvil and the Tornado are definitely the best analog vaporizers on the market right now. I'm still waiting for my Tempest, which I should receive next week, so I'll be able to compare it with the Anvil and the Tornado.

eyevape

👀
@electrokho82 Honestly, I wouldn’t have even tried this, as I would have expected the Wand to run home to mommy or to die on the spot by Karoshi 😂 This little fella is much stronger as it seemed from Tempest use. Didn’t count the sessions though, but I doubt it was 18.

Smknbud

How the actual fuck? That’s truly amazing. And look at that AVB, seems perfectly roasted. I want to know so hard how this can be true, since the Tornado has even more thermal mass than the Anvil. Maybe it uses the induction power more efficient as it’s quite big, getting closer to the Wand sidewalls?
No shit.....and why I wrongly challenged the Wand working like it actually does.

leanpubpackage

Are people finding they have to rush when trying to finish in one heat cycle? Because it's a big bowl. Does it seem like the heat cycle gives plenty of time?
Heat retention is not as good as that of the tempest if you’re looking for a reference point. My preferred way to use the tornado is like a flower dab, load as much as I can physically handle clearing in 1-2 big hits. Not a session vape

electrokho82

Are people finding they have to rush when trying to finish in one heat cycle? Because it's a big bowl. Does it seem like the heat cycle gives plenty of time?
So far, I’ve only used it in 'One Hit' mode, and it works really well that way—I’d even say it excels. The vapor is so smooth that I have no trouble inhaling everything in one go, it’s fantastic! Honestly, I don’t even feel the need to use it for a multi-puff session, but I’ll probably give that a try later on.

Top Bottom