TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry for derailing the conversation, but I thought I’d share the new wood option for the Tinymight:

2VHCbnCsGMR4zqQ69dtKzvQK2vsB5pWLbdGW1B8-c9c.jpg

Stumbled across this on the website earlier and after emailing to enquire I received that photo from David.

I believe this variation is the only one available at the moment, but it’s good to see that they’re catching up to the point where they can begin developing new options such as this.

Yeah this is awesome, seems like it may still be the same oak wood, only stained very dark like black!

Also the repair service could be if you break it yourself, as opposed to it arriving broken... Warranty wise?

@fogbank Yeah maybe each one is different, mine are 13 months apart, both work very well at the bottom of the dial, and I have no need to go very high typically... Though they are both different, for sure, more testing to do, but I don't know that it necessarily matters when you buy... The thing is since we are each using the units we have and our own herbs etc there are so many variables that it is difficult to compare exactly, massive clouds is all relative certainly!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Turned my TM on last night (3 long presses for on demand mode) and got something I haven’t seen yet. A few quick haptic vibrations, then a very long one (5 or 10 sec) and a steady purple light. Anyone ever had this happen before or know what it means? I turned it off then on again and the operation is normal, and it hasn’t happened again.
This happened to me also, and as a result my temperature range had been reduced. I don't know why it had happened because I hadn't gone through the necessary steps to do so intentionally. I contacted TM and they gave me the procedure for changing the temp range and I was able to fix it no problem, and the TM is back to normal tho I have turned it up a little. I can get a decent hit at 4 now, where I needed 5 before. With the "code" it can be adjusted up and down without much problem, tho a little more detail on options would have been nice.
I don't know why it changed to begin with as the proper procedure is very unlikely to be enabled accidentally, but there may be other "codes" that are different from what TM gave me that are available for different changes. I do occasionally get unexplained haptic feedback, for example, or different colors from the LED. But it always goes back to normal.

BKR2311

I told them they should sell em after I got mine; glad they listened!

And @BKR2311 I’m assuming that’s mm? Thanks for share.
Yup, mm. I have a question for you if you don't mind... I've tried using the search function so many times and I must just be horrible with it. I'm trying to find the exact size for the big red o ring, and just can't find it. I ordered a pack of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNN6V15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 since someone said they were a better fit, but the stem is incredibly loose. Not sure if its too thin or slightly too wide.

Last edited:
BKR2311,

Shit Snacks

Yup, mm. I have a question for you if you don't mind... I've tried using the search function so many times and I must just be horrible with it. I'm trying to find the exact size for the big red o ring, and just can't find it. I ordered a pack of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNN6V15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 since someone said they were a better fit, but the stem is incredibly loose. Not sure if its too thin or slightly too wide.

That was me, I explained to you that they are softer and/or thinner, but each one varies so you can try several and see maybe you'll find one that fits well for you? Mine are not that loose, though as I said they are definitely looser than the standard o-ring, you can try to buy one of the red ones instead, but it will still require trial and error to find one that fits well for you... Those are the correct size, as are the other ones I posted, supposedly, or just get the huge box that has a ton of other sizes you don't need, but many to try out...

Summer

Long Island, NY
Turned my TM on last night (3 long presses for on demand mode) and got something I haven’t seen yet. A few quick haptic vibrations, then a very long one (5 or 10 sec) and a steady purple light. Anyone ever had this happen before or know what it means? I turned it off then on again and the operation is normal, and it hasn’t happened again.
The strange thing is that my battery was full, or nearly full. I had changed it earlier in the evening, and only had it turned on for 1-2 mins and a couple of hits (in on demand mode). Maybe just a false reading due to having changed the battery earlier.

I would email CS & hear what they have to say. Can't hurt, although you might not get a reply, or a reply after an undo long delay. I'm curious if it is as SS says: strictly an indication of dead battery.

The dark wood is too manly for my taste. I like the lighter wood.

As far as the newly instilled service charge, I hope that he isn't intending to charge for legitimate warranty work - that would be gouging. From what I've read, all the problems arising needing repair posted here justly fall under warranty.

Skinku

That just looks like stained crap oak to my eyes.
*edit* oh crap page refresh cock up and redundant comment ahoy

Skinku,

pulpF

Hi all, more TM problems for me after seemingly fixing any "contact" issues. It lost power again last night, and after taking it apart again this morning I found a shard of glass in my hand (pics attached). I imagine I cracked it from tightening it up too much when trying to play around with getting it to work again. It does still work now after putting it back together, but as expected the heat isn't as well dispersed.

I have emailed TM, but just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a problem like this from TM support?

Cheers

jbm

Also the repair service could be if you break it yourself, as opposed to it arriving broken... Warranty wise?
As I said previously, I hope you're right, but I went and looked at the page, hoping to get some clarification. There was none. You'd have to be right, though, because otherwise, this effectively revokes the warranty. As @Summer said, many of the issues we've been seeing here would be covered.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

PXL-20210316-221101740.jpg

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Lamart mini j hook is packed away, but don't worry more customs are coming too ;):brow:

I think its the only way to use the TM at home now :lol: Can't go back to stock CU and stem unless I'm leaving the house, I think. Or for guests just for the simplicity. I did a couple tester hits at like 3/3.5 then went for a full blast at 7. I never would have realized how much taste the CU robs....but the flavor is noticeably stronger without it, in my limited experience so far.

Looks like the free ride is over 😬
View attachment 6448

I would imagine this HAS to be for user induced damage... anything warranty related should still be a free-o under our "10 year warranty" (that has no terms listed anywhere that I could find).

You drop it and break the ceramic rods dislodging the heater, you pay the repair service.

Heater just gives up one day, covered under warranty.

I would be curious though, for like @Djsleepy when the button broke, would that be considered a warranty item or not?

HighVapeEnthusiast

msl

I think its the only way to use the TM at home now :lol: Can't go back to stock CU and stem unless I'm leaving the house, I think. Or for guests just for the simplicity. I did a couple tester hits at like 3/3.5 then went for a full blast at 7. I never would have realized how much taste the CU robs....but the flavor is noticeably stronger without it, in my limited experience so far.

I would imagine this HAS to be for user induced damage... anything warranty related should still be a free-o under our "10 year warranty" (that has no terms listed anywhere that I could find).

You drop it and break the ceramic rods dislodging the heater, you pay the repair service.

Heater just gives up one day, covered under warranty.

I would be curious though, for like @Djsleepy when the button broke, would that be considered a warranty item or not?
What warranty? I did not receive any warranty information or terms with my Tinymight nor can I find any info on their web site. Without any terms/conditions being explicitly spelled out, I don't think the reference to a 10 yr warranty on the marketing page of the Tinymight web site means much.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
What warranty? I did not receive any warranty information or terms with my Tinymight nor can I find any info on their web site. Without any terms/conditions being explicitly spelled out, I don't think the reference to a 10 yr warranty on the marketing page of the Tinymight web site means much.

Yeah this is the only info out there on it, as far as I know:

TM-war.png

At the end of the day, you're right I didn't get any warranty info or terms, and as far as I know, nobody ever has. I've browsed the site a few times looking for clarification and couldn't find anything. I've brought it up before in this thread because we dont know if its "supposed" to be a full warranty, limited warranty, there are no terms on whats covered and whats not. All we know is that we're "supposed" to have a 10 year warranty.

Not sure how shit works in Finland but at least in the US typically if you're going to limit something, such as a warranty, that has to be explicitly spelled out and the onus is on the manufacturer/seller to establish that. Without an explicit limitation, I think the fair assumption is that a 10 year, full warranty is included in the purchase price of the vape.

Granted if the manufacturer feels differently, of course its a he said/she said situation and I really dont expect many people to be interested in going to court over false advertising in this case. I know I wouldnt. I would 100% expect that it would be ruled in favor of the consumer if somebody really wanted to go through all of that - which again, I think most people would chalk it up as a loss, shit talk TM on the internet, and move on.

Edit: to clarify I would also expect the warranty to still apply should there be an issue within the device itself. I never would have, and still dont, expect it to apply if I knock it off my kitchen counter and destroy it. There are only a few warranties that I've run across that claim to cover that type of damage.

BKR2311

That was me, I explained to you that they are softer and/or thinner, but each one varies so you can try several and see maybe you'll find one that fits well for you? Mine are not that loose, though as I said they are definitely looser than the standard o-ring, you can try to buy one of the red ones instead, but it will still require trial and error to find one that fits well for you... Those are the correct size, as are the other ones I posted, supposedly, or just get the huge box that has a ton of other sizes you don't need, but many to try out...
Unfortunately that seems to be the case with these custom units. Mine is incredibly loose, so my TM must be slightly wider. I definitely wasn't blaming you (if you took it that way).

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My guess would be that any button failures would be covered on the warranty as they would be a failure of the actual part, tho I suppose the button could be abused in some way by being squeezed too tightly which might damage the connection to the circuit board. Just a guess.

Shit Snacks

It's that the vigreaux stem from Phineas glass? How do you like the cooling on it? I've been thinking about getting it because it looks thick and I keep breaking stuff.

Yup! Fantastic cooling, super thick glass!

Unfortunately that seems to be the case with these custom units. Mine is incredibly loose, so my TM must be slightly wider. I definitely wasn't blaming you (if you took it that way).

No, no offense taken, no worries, I'm just trying to help! I think it may be your glass stem, that is thinner than the ones I am using, do you only have one? TM stock?

You can also give this a shot, it will have the size that TM came with, along with many many other sizes, maybe another one will work? You could order both the red and the clear sets to get the most variety possible...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
FYI, I bought the available oring set with my TM and it included one of the large orings that holds in the stem. I just measured it at OD 20 mm and thickness about 2.34 mm. That looks to me like the largest oring in that box @Shit Snacks links to would be about perfect. That's the bottom right hand corner in the pic.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I think it may be your glass stem, that is thinner than the ones I am using, do you only have one? TM stock?
I’ll repeat - as I’ve learned much from many of you (thanks!) - glass and orings are not created equal and have tolerances and variances. My stock TM short stems are slightly different in diameter and I noticed it the first time I used the second one which I got a few months after getting my TM :love:- which I’m about to say hello to after finishing work. :peace:

Shit Snacks

FYI, I bought the available oring set with my TM and it included one of the large orings that holds in the stem. I just measured it at OD 20 mm and thickness about 2.34 mm. That looks to me like the largest oring in that box @Shit Snacks links to would be about perfect. That's the bottom right hand corner in the pic.

Yeah I did as well, but neither of the two red ones that came with it allow the top ring to screw down very far, and it is very tight to get stems in and out... That's why I found those clear ones to try in the pack of 20, and yes that is the size they are... They're sold normally as a pack of 20 for the red I think, but that one size seems to be sold out for this brand (other brand I had posted with red 10 pack may not actually be silicone based on review) Only looked on Amazon though

I’ll repeat - as I’ve learned much from many of you (thanks!) - glass and orings are not created equal and have tolerances and variances. My stock TM short stems are slightly different in diameter and I noticed it the first time I used the second one which I got a few months after getting my TM :love:- which I’m about to say hello to after finishing work. :peace:

Yeah that's why I was suggesting they test all the o-rings that came in that pack of 20... Tedious work, why I didn't bother after one seem to fit and they all look the same lol

BKR2311

Yup! Fantastic cooling, super thick glass!

No, no offense taken, no worries, I'm just trying to help! I think it may be your glass stem, that is thinner than the ones I am using, do you only have one? TM stock?

You can also give this a shot, it will have the size that TM came with, along with many many other sizes, maybe another one will work? You could order both the red and the clear sets to get the most variety possible...
I have the stock short one it came with and I ordered a longer one with it at the same time. They are both the same thickness though if that means anything.

Shit Snacks

I have the stock short one it came with and I ordered a longer one with it at the same time. They are both the same thickness though if that means anything.

Yeah the stems from TM are quartz, but they can still vary potentially, I am using RBT stems with mine through the j hooks, three different ones that each vary in thickness... None of them are too loose though and my stock stem fits tightest of all, even with this clear o-ring... However I guess these clear orings are not the best for your situation, so I'd suggest trying different red ones like I linked or from elsewhere on ebay maybe??

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom