TinyMight / TM 2

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Damn I am about to send mine in for repair and i am worried they won't do much anything to improve it after hearing some of these testimonies, my temp dial spins freely without stopping at 1 or 10, also i unfortunately had a faulty battery in my TM recently and it began smoking and overheating even when the unit was off, i believe i had it screwed in much too tightly or something. Now my unit kinda has a electronic odor from the battery leaking a lil.

Jimmer144,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was just chatting with 508phineas on ig about making stems for the tinymight. He said he’s going to order one today and start r&d on a TM stem!!
You are not alone friend, @Shit Snacks and I have been asking for a while. Glad to see it's finally happening!

Haha yeah he is just so busy with his main supply orders and such, also moved and had to reset up the shop, talked about TM stems with him (also Nomad/Toad btw) a bunch.

Hemper

I'm not so sure the TM is doing it for me. I am using it with the WPA and CU because the short stem was too hot. Even so, I am able to get decent vapor for only 1 or 2 long draws, then it is wispy and spent in another 2. I have tried starting it anywhere from 2.5 to 5.5 and get similar results, though I seem to get the best performance at around 3 or 3.5

I am getting along better with my V3 Pro and have ordered a FW7, and awaiting shipping notification Second-guessing if maybe I should have tried the Solo 2 after all. I guess I am looking for more of an experience like smoking a bowl or a joint (a sipper?) I really want to like the TM, but find I'm just not "bonding" with it. I'll give it some more time, but once I am permitted as a new member, I may put this one up for sale as it is too expensive to sit in a drawer. :(

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm not so sure the TM is doing it for me. I am using it with the WPA and CU because the short stem was too hot. Even so, I am able to get decent vapor for only 1 or 2 long draws, then it is wispy and spent in another 2. I have tried starting it anywhere from 2.5 to 5.5 and get similar results, though I seem to get the best performance at around 3 or 3.5

I am getting along better with my V3 Pro and have ordered a FW7, and awaiting shipping notification Second-guessing if maybe I should have tried the Solo 2 after all. I guess I am looking for more of an experience like smoking a bowl or a joint (a sipper?) I really want to like the TM, but find I'm just not "bonding" with it. I'll give it some more time, but once I am permitted as a new member, I may put this one up for sale as it is too expensive to sit in a drawer. :(

If you haven’t yet... medium grind, not packed tight, start at #5 or #6, first draw gets the flower primed, slow and steady, flavor pull. Next few hits should deliver the goods. I temp step every hit or two, to the next higher notch, not much vapor after I get to #8-9. This is the nature of true on demand convection... good luck!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Hemper I second starting at 6 and temp stepping if on-demand. I use 7 in session mode for WPA and hit the button to boost after 3-4 hits.

I got some 6mm Quartz terp pearls and sandwiched about a dozen of them between two CUs in a long glass stem. Really cool hits.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
to be fair if you were hitting a joint direct to lung for as long as you hit your tinymight it would not last long either. don't be afraid of thinner vapour remember everything you exhale is what you did not absorb! monster hits are satisfying but a monster waste. I start a 2 and temp step by 1 till I'm at 8 when I want a extended session, I take big full hits using on demand, continuing to draw 5-10 seconds after I release the button to clear my hits. short stem stinks, grab a j hook off the rouge wax works if you want something quick and available in the states.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I think I mentioned it before, but I start as low as possible, taking one hit then temp stepping the dial a tiny bit, about eight or so hits finishing below level 6 (note the dial could be different unit to unit, so it's hard to put a lot of stock into that, it's all relative!) and this is with a basket screen inside the stem about a half inch deep, filled full to the tip lightly tamped in medium or medium-fine ground herbs...

Also I am not using the cooling unit at all, highly recommend grabbing one of these:
Based off of my own custom design with him, the triple right angle bends do much more for cooling without robbing any flavor or vapor for that matter... When you order, in the notes you can say if you want 18mm instead, or to tweak the design another way (although that may make it cost more, you can also email him) There are plenty of options for jayhooks, but this is the overall best (can use one handed) and it really shows you what the TM can do...

Yes also it is not like those other vapes, this strong pure convection on demand, but if you want to give it a fair shot for you, that's what I would recommend, before you throw in the towel! :tup:

Don't get me wrong it does seem like maybe you want an Arizer regardless, Air 2 would be the one I go for I think although the Solo 2 has a lot of appeal (I don't like ArGo, I mean don't get me wrong again bc I don't like this style at all anymore myself lol)

That hook will also be nice with the V3 pro, and it is solid with the FW7 and WPA though not quite as ergonomic as it is with the TM...

Last edited:

ChilledAsian

If you haven’t yet... medium grind, not packed tight, start at #5 or #6, first draw gets the flower primed, slow and steady, flavor pull. Next few hits should deliver the goods. I temp step every hit or two, to the next higher notch, not much vapor after I get to #8-9. This is the nature of true on demand convection... good luck!
I had my TM for month now and felt the same way as Hemper... But after reading this and followed instructions, guaranteed this works!

sashka69

My TM seems to begin acting strange.
I'm usually temp stepping after 1 or 2 good long hits from 4 to 5 to 6 until I reach 9.

It worked quite well like this, my TM was bought in October 2020.

In August 2021 I cleaned all contacts because of poor performance. After this my TM worked like on day1.

Now it seems that on temp 8-9.5 nothing really happens (no extraction). The warm up time is (when device is warm and used previously on 6 or 7) for 8 or 9 round about a second. I think that's strange. When I set the dial to 10+ I'm getting huge clouds as I used to have on 8 or 9 and the heat up time is as long as I'm used to. When the TM is cold and I start with a fresh load on temp 8 or 9 I get good clouds and the heat up time is as long as it should. So what's going on with temp 8-9?

So it's like this now: I start on 4, go to 5, 6, 7 after several hits. Then I go to temp 8 or 9 (nothing happens like I'm on temp 2 or 3) but when I go to 10 it extracts fine again.

I never adjusted the temps and my herbs are the same as every time.

I'm afraid to send it in... Before that I will buy a second one so I'm not without a tinymight anytime. I will contact the support soon but I think they won't be able to help me (or just do their calibration thing) because they could say 'ignore temp 8 or 9 then, if 10 works as it should'

Antrim50

How do you find it compares to the V3 pro? Asking because I bought it hoping it would deal with my yearning for the TM but finding it doesn't totally deliver (although kind of ok for the price)

Antrim50,

Hemper

How do you find it compares to the V3 pro? Asking because I bought it hoping it would deal with my yearning for the TM but finding it doesn't totally deliver (although kind of ok for the price)

Whatever learning curve and other minor usability issues I am experiencing with the TM, it is without question a superior device as far as build materials and performance. When I am able to get a good fill and the right temperature, the TM is awesome for a quick blast. What I guess I was hoping for in it was to be able to take a few draws every now and then, i.e. "on demand" over time. But no matter how low or high the temperature is set or varied, I can never get more than 3 quality pulls. Don't get me wrong they are full draws, but I wish there was a way for it sometimes to not extract so fast -- but I am learning that is what other vapes are for. Also I am finding per the suggestions here to get a full roast on it I need to crank the heat more. I cannot get the heat up that far with the regular short stem, so I am using the WPA stem native with a CU.

The V3 Pro had no learning curve for me. It was very plug n play.. pack the oven with a med-fine grind and go. I get a nice 5-6 draws at pretty much any temp starting at 360 F. It stay cool no matter what. Granted this is all because the heater is not nearly as powerful as the TM. And I like that a session can be slowed down and drawn out.

The TM is a higher quality device, made of superior materials, best for a good potent blast in a quick couple minutes. Not so much for sipping / slow micro-dosing. The V3 is made of lesser materials, makes a terrible plasticy sound when drawn (better if you partially block the intake) but is a simpler device with better portability. The vapor from the V3 is not as dense on the first couple hits but much more so from there to the end.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Thanks, that’s what I figured. I’ll see how the 4mm SS316L balls are regarding restriction.

Cleaning will be no problem, I’ve developed many easy and quick ways to clean all my gear, otherwise being lazy, I would never clean them, or use them....
Brief UPDATE:

I’m glad I started with the 4mm SS316L balls, as @dzoinp
originally recommended. I’ve always found my TM, with the stock short stem/CU combination to be very unrestricted. I was able to get 13 balls (as dzoinp did), using 1/2 the CU. I still find the draw about the same, unrestricted. Certainly, for me, I wouldn’t go to 5mm, I may try swapping to the 3mm balls to add some resistance, and a bit of extra cooling. Cleaning will be identical to how I did the OG C.U., simple, effective and easy.

While the original “nuts & bolts” worked, and I assume are just hardware store SS (maybe 304), I feel more comfortable using the SS316L balls, same metal I used to make ECig vape coils. Overall, I think it’s a good upgrade and worth it, you have more options to customize the cooling and restriction to your user preference!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have 2 ice stems, 4mm Boro and 3mm ruby. I use a lot of balls, enough to fill the cu halves and some in-between. the 3mm ruby cools the best but resistance builds quickly with more balls. a disadvantage of the 3mm is if you fill the cu full it can block the air exit holes in the cu, once they are a little sticky they hold their place fine. I think the best setup would be put 4mm balls in the cu first the fill the rest of the way with 3mm.
IMG_0994.jpeg

RustyOldNail

I have 2 ice stems, 4mm Boro and 3mm ruby. I use a lot of balls, enough to fill the cu halves and some in-between. the 3mm ruby cools the best but resistance builds quickly with more balls. a disadvantage of the 3mm is if you fill the cu full it can block the air exit holes in the cu, once they are a little sticky they hold their place fine. I think the best setup would be put 4mm balls in the cu first the fill the rest of the way with 3mm.
View attachment 14304
NICE IMAGES!

The trick to keeping the balls from blocking the holes of the CU, is to add a custom cut screen in first, before adding the balls. Saw this in the original @dzoinp post, below is HIS photo.

I have quartz balls, but wanted to match the cooling effect of the OG SS metal. Since I have not tried both, it would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried a real world side by side comparison of the cooling effect GLASS versus METAL balls? I’m not concerned about resin buildup if I go “smaller balls” 3mm, as I clean my stem often.

50FCA85D-FC0B-4F58-81B6-CADC4E07C128.jpeg

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I’m glad I started with the 4mm SS316L balls, as @dzoinp
originally recommended.
:cheers: I'm glad you like
They work fine ! ...but the 5mm ones are less restrictive...and less cleaning too:brow:
The trick to keeping the balls from blocking the holes of the CU, is to add a custom cut screen in first, before adding the balls. Saw this in the original @dzoinp post, below is HIS photo.
;)

florduh

Me seeing all these balls posts

836c8a56-4546-45d5-890d-88a6fa7ab173.jpeg

RustyOldNail

Since the subject comes up often, and we have new TM owners, here is a REPOST, of my post over a year ago (8-2020)

HOW I CLEAN MY TM C.U.

REPOST:
The CU cleaning process has been discussed a lot in this thread. I searched on it, and read what I could. The CU does seem to slowly clog up, and since you can’t see inside the CU, you must judge when to clean by logging usage, or by draw feel. On my new TM, I’ve probably done 10-15 loads, and I’m feeling more resistance, this will obviously depend on grind, strain, moisture content, etc. Regardless, whenever you decide to clean it, up to you.

So this is my own opinion and routine.

I have no doubt taking apart every nut and washer would be the ultimate clean. With that said, the easier to clean anything, the MORE OFTEN, I’ll actually clean it, and frequent cleaning is usually always easier to start, and less time consuming. Taking into account the various similar ways members shared their techniques, I’m trying it the simple and easy way at first.

I keep the CU inside the short stem, one piece.

1) FILL container with 99% ISO.
Using a small plastic snap-cap case/tube I bought on the Dynavap site. Any small tube that will hold just the stem with little extra space to save the amount ISO solvent. Plastic is good, these tubes have no reaction to the ISO from I can tell, and I won’t be soaking long. A soft container means you can shake the glass tube inside a bit, for agitation.

2) Soak & Shake
I wait 5 minutes for the 99% ISO soak, then a 5 minute hot TAP water rinse, then a splash of distilled water, to get rid of any tap water minerals or crap.

3) QUICK DRY
Blow out both ends of the stem with a small air compressor, CU has not been removed from beginning. Stem and CU are ready for more action.
NOTE: If you don’t have a compressor, blow out by mouth best you can, let air dry overnight.

CAUTION NOTE:
I use 99% ISO for a lot of my cleaning chores, I can always dilute it with water if I want. I’m using it full strength here, to reduce soak time. Reason I’m mentioning this, is we all know you don’t want to soak any silicone for long periods of time. But it’s not usually an issue on quality silicone in SHORTER times. Leaving the CU as is, inside the glass stem, saves the time removing it and then the rings. Since I bought extra o-rings, I’m covered if these particular CU “red” o-rings feel looser at some point. Long term will be the final judgment.

This seems to be the fastest, easiest way to clean both the stem and CU, with minimal labor and materials, in my opinion. It’s not a replacement for a total tear down cleaning, but will put that fun day off for a long time, with many flavorful vapes in between.

Top Bottom