TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’m a little late on the haptic motor issue and it’s been stated above: the two pins and the thingy inside the rubber housing is what needs to be checked. Pins must be in contact with the board and the thingy inside the rubber sleeve needs to be loose enough it vibrates. Been there done that a few times with my TM even after palm slams (also noted above) didn’t work for me the last time my haptic motor stopped working. Glad everything is working again for others (and me). Cheers. :peace:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
but it smelled a tiny bit burnt. Is that of concern?

On my previous post's concern - anyone know how bad it is, if at all, a burning smell coming from the device when heating to slightly past 10?

Are you able to turn on the device when is set to the minimum? it shouldn't be possible...

TimeBomb0

Are you able to turn on the device when is set to the minimum? it shouldn't be possible...
No, it gives a few quick vibration and doesn't turn on, which I imagine is expected. Though I am able to turn it on when it's set to 6 and then set the temp to 1 and then when pressing the button it instantly vibrates like it's ready at that low temp. Probably wouldn't get anything when vaping from it though.

The burning smell was when it was at max - a tiny bit past 10, it took some seconds to heat up and then vibrated, and it smelled a little burnt. Wondering if that's expected or problematic.

Side note: Ever since putting my device back together, it turns off and on consistently with just 3 presses. It's been taking 4-6 presses to toggle off for quite a while now. (Often turning on w/ 3 pushes worked, occasionally required more.) No big deal at the time but wasn't quite consistently working as intended - now it seems like it is woohoo.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
did you touch the coil with your finger maybe when you were disassembling ? a little hand oil could have gotten on the coil and burned off when you heated it?

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Siebter

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The burning smell was when it was at max - a tiny bit past 10, it took some seconds to heat up and then vibrated, and it smelled a little burnt. Wondering if that's expected or problematic.
Yeah I got that...I was thinking that you might have changed the position of the dial...and could have turned the potentiometer too much. but no...

Yes I agree with the @Bad Dog it could have been any residue that fell into the coil.

try setting it to maximum again...if it happens again you have to see what's going on

dzoinp,
Reactions: Siebter

TimeBomb0

did you touch the coil with your finger maybe when you were disassembling ? a little hand oil could have gotten on the coil and burned off when you heated it?

Yeah I got that...I was thinking that you might have changed the position of the dial...and could have turned the potentiometer too much. but no...

Yes I agree with the @Bad Dog it could have been any residue that fell into the coil.

try setting it to maximum again...if it happens again you have to see what's going on

Burning smell happens pretty quickly when temp is up, smells pretty bad.

Wondering if I put it back together wrong? There was a metal ring piece that fell out near the heater and the inner glass tube seems to fit onto it pretty precisely.
I put that metal ring between the glass tube and the heater coil, i.e. right above the heater coil. Should I put the metal ring above the glass tube instead, so the closest thing to that heater coil is the glass tube, not the metal ring?

Screenshot of heater coil without anything else in the hole alongside it, and the metal ring I'm talking about (not to scale, the ring fits in the inner tube above the heater coil.):
1637106770288.png

TimeBomb0,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
humm.. your coil is dirty!! the metel ring is right above the coil... very dirty too... central post dirty... :\

clean what you can and put it on 10 a few seconds to burn off the debris

It also seems to me that the coil is a little out of place.

Last edited:

TimeBomb0

Thanks, cleaned this using a little bit of iso and for the heater coil specifically a q tip with iso. Ran it multiple times between 6 and 10 for 5-10 seconds, and waited around an hour after cleaning.

In terms of my heater being off-center, it might be. The little metal center piece that was dirty is relatively off-center.

Unfortunately smell hasn't fully dissipated, slightly odd burning smell when heating at 10, though it's not as bad as it was.

Worse off, looks like I'm combusting very quickly even at 6 temperature. The material looks like it's black on one half of the bowl but not the other - no ring/circle noticeable on the material like there used to be. Taste of the hit is bad and it hits pretty harsh. It heated fine before I opened it up to fix the vibration motor. Any ideas?

Last edited:
TimeBomb0,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
In terms of my heater being off-center, it might be. The little metal center piece that was dirty is relatively off-center.

The material looks like it's black on one half of the bowl but not the other - no ring/circle noticeable on the material like there used to be. Taste of the hit is bad and it hits pretty harsh. It heated fine before I opened it up to fix the vibration motor. Any ideas?
You already see what's going on?
Off center coil...

Kaptan

Thanks, cleaned this using a little bit of iso and for the heater coil specifically a q tip with iso. Ran it multiple times between 6 and 10 for 5-10 seconds, and waited around an hour after cleaning.

Unfortunately smell hasn't fully dissipated, slightly odd burning smell when heating at 10, though it's not as bad as it was.

Worse off, looks like I'm combusting very quickly even at 6 temperature. The material looks like it's black on one half of the bowl but not the other - no ring/circle noticeable on the material like there used to be. Taste of the hit is bad and it hits pretty harsh. It heated fine before I opened it up to fix the vibration motor. Any ideas?
Sounds like it’s time to start the return process?

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@TimeBomb0 Unfortunately, your TM still doesn't have the warning on the board...
It's already happened to me...to cheer you up I can say that mine has returned with new electronics. Yours is one of the oldest...
Send TM only... no battery, cap, stem, ring, heater screen.
If you don't have a back up TM you should :lol:

(photo posted by @JoeKickass)
jHTLXRE.jpg

Zipford

I'm not an expert by any means and have not taken my TM apart, but it sounds like you dislodged the coil a little when trying to fix the haptic motor, and given that the coil worked fine before, maybe you could get the coil back in place without returning it?

Looking at the picture, the spaces between the coils of the heating element seem uneven (closer together on one side versus the other), which logically could be creating the uneven ABV. Normally messing with the coil should be avoided, but it might not be that hard to get it back in place. Just a thought, because people tend to not want their TM gone for a few weeks.

HighVapeEnthusiast

Just a thought, because people tend to not want their TM gone for a few weeks
…but the other problem is the broken ceramic pins inside the coil I think...
Worst case is to pay 70 bucks for the "Heater repair".
Be very careful by takin apart your TM!
The cirquit board is contacted with only one screw to the heater and in fact to the little ceramic pins.
But jeah, this would be the reason for your uneven roasting, for sure!
:peace::leaf:

TimeBomb0

@TimeBomb0 Unfortunately, your TM still doesn't have the warning on the board...
It's already happened to me...to cheer you up I can say that mine has returned with new electronics. Yours is one of the oldest...
Send TM only... no battery, cap, stem, ring, heater screen.
If you don't have a back up TM you should :lol:

(photo posted by @JoeKickass)
View attachment 14425

Just FYI and for other folk, it is highly disrecommended to remove the circuit board screw...
Love all the help & support!

For reference, I didn't touch the circuit board screw, but I did touch the temperature dial and it came off, though it seems to recognize the different temperatures fine enough after I put it back on (although it's looser now)
It seems a little strange that it was heating fine after being dropped but before I opened it up, and then after opening it up, screwing with the temperature dial and fixing the vibration engine, it's now having heating issues.

I sent an email to info@tinymightvape.com and am waitin to hear back, will likely end up sending it in. I may or may not try carefully moving the heater coil, though not certain how much that'd be possible or helpful. Thankfully my MV1 seems to still be workin fine as a backup. Thanks all!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Love all the help & support!

For reference, I didn't touch the circuit board screw, but I did touch the temperature dial and it came off, though it seems to recognize the different temperatures fine enough after I put it back on (although it's looser now)
It seems a little strange that it was heating fine after being dropped but before I opened it up, and then after opening it up, screwing with the temperature dial and fixing the vibration engine, it's now having heating issues.

I sent an email to info@tinymightvape.com and am waitin to hear back, will likely end up sending it in. I may or may not try carefully moving the heater coil, though not certain how much that'd be possible or helpful. Thankfully my MV1 seems to still be workin fine as a backup. Thanks all!
I didn't realize it had fallen... so that's what dislocated the coil and maybe it broke of the white pins...

dzoinp,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
decided to do a little messing around and see what improvements could be made to a capsule ?????? came up with this

ExFOrdI.jpg

jjpoEIq.jpg

was a bitch to fit in and it only works with 1 of my 2 stems, the looser one. the problem was the basket I cut down to make the lid is tapered. maybe if I cut it down a little more it might fit better, or folded slightly ......... but whatever!!!! I got it in

qlsTbRA.jpg

the results?????? more airflow through the load, and more punch to the hit than the standard capsule lid. a redesign to a all mesh lid could give capsules more appeal to those that resent the lack of hit power.

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Luckily, it's because my TM has been working so well that I'm speechless!

Last night, after feeling slightly underwhelmed by my TM's performance, I figured that it was time for a deep clean. I've been using mine almost every day for the last 19 months. I've of course cleaned my stems and CUs, along with occasionally wiping grime from the threads of my battery door, but never more than that.

This time, I put some serious elbow grease into cleaning the battery door. There was a lot more gunk in there than I'd thought. Then I unscrewed the body and thoroughly cleaned the metal contacts under the top plate, as well as any easily accessible parts of the coil. I didn't do anything that required taking off the bottom plate.

I cleaned a fair bit of kief-y gunk off the coil, but that got me thinking about everything underneath the coil. I'd assume that there's residue down there as well. Does anyone clean underneath the coil? Is there any electronic stuff in that direct location?

LooseCucumber

I'm late to the party with this device, but I finally bought one (i received mine in the US after 10-14 days total). This thing is like a portable Log (honestly probably more power). Massive hits at level 5, kicked it up to 9 and got the heater ring alot of people mention (nothing a stir can't fix). Easy to pickup and get large hits. I start with a slow draw for a couple seconds and then let loose (careful, almost scorched with the early slow draw at 9). And, the large dimple cooling stem works tremendously, haven't even used the WPA yet. I understand those who have bought a second device, really happy thus far. Pressing the button is weird, and my button is loose and jiggles, so build quality isn't perfect, but the performance is there. Now, fingers crossed for longevity.

Joie de Vivre

I hope an imminent model addresses the button being too hot to press and the base being quite so scorching hot when charging. I use it every day but would use it more if I could hold it and press the button!

Joie de Vivre

That's new to me.

The charging issue could easily be avoided by charging the cells externally.
I agree about the charging, but the issue remains that the base and especially the button are too hot. He says the base is designed for heat dissipation that way. Thanks for letting me know it hasn't been your experience with the button. Do other users find that they have no such issues? If so I will get in touch with him.

Joie de Vivre,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I agree about the charging, but the issue remains that the base and especially the button are too hot. He says the base is designed for heat dissipation that way. Thanks for letting me know it hasn't been your experience with the button. Do other users find that they have no such issues? If so I will get in touch with him.
Owning a TM for almost 20 months it’s never been too hot or warm for that matter holding it or pressing the button. Granted I don’t use high temps that often but I’ve never had a heat issue like you’ve described. I charge my batts externally 99% of the time too, only charging directly when I’m traveling if I don’t bring a charger or extra batts (and once in a blue moon in my car). Good luck. :peace:

Top Bottom